Sign in to follow this  
kwyjibo

Cutler vs McNabb

McNabb easily. Cutler isn't even close to McNabb this year imo.

Agreed, McNabb has lot's of weapons to choose from and there won't be many rushing td's.

Cutler, one of the best young arms in the game. I think too many people are sleeping on him this year.

McNabb easily, even if Cutler was still in Denver.

Not a CHANCE McNabb outshines Cutler.

McNabb - 3 300 Yd games last year, 23 TD's

Cutler - 7 300 Yd games last year, 25 TD's

Cutler's consistently closer to the 300 mark in all his "lower" games as well. Far too many people sleeping on him when I think he in fact finishes top 5.

Cutler's consistently closer to the 300 mark in all his "lower" games as well. Far too many people sleeping on him when I think he in fact finishes top 5.

A TOTALLY different scenario for Cutler this year in Chicago though (and I own Cutler in my main $$ redraft league). He will NOT throw as often as he did last year in Denver (constant RB injuries & a horrible defense that found Denver trailing in the second half). Personally, all I want from Cutler is to be top 10 to give the rest of my team a chance to carry me.

This would make sense IF he stilled played for the same team.

Let's see:

Eagles throw the ball 60+% of the time and have no real goal line back, but a but a bunch of speedy WR's and RB's that can catch.

Bears run the ball 60+% and have a great RB who can run and catch, but no WR's other then a converted return guy and a good TE.

McNabb easily!

As a bears fan, let me just say.. McNabb. I love cutler, and I think he's a high end number 2 QB in fantasy, but really McNabb is a mid to low end number 1, throws more often, and will most importantly be throwing from the 2 yard line when cutler is reaching out with his right hand.

The only thing that really makes this close is the strength of schedule difference the bears have by playing the easiest schedule in all of football. (Thanks NFC west for sucking with both fervor and consistency)

McNabb.

I know the Eagles homers are going to freak out but I don't think the Eagles D is going to be anywhere near as good as they were last year forcing the offense to score more points. Jim Johnson was one of the best game planners and "In game" coaches ever as well as a tremendous leader. His presence will be missed more than most people think.

I'll pick a QB earlier because I don't want either of these guys as my #1. And I don't want to pay for McNabb as my #2. However, I plan on picking a backup early with Cutler because I agree with others in the thread who say he's being underrated due to going to Chicago.

I think he offers very good trade or starting potential this year which is why I'm targeting him as my #2 (10 team league).

I'll pick a QB earlier because I don't want either of these guys as my #1. And I don't want to pay for McNabb as my #2. However, I plan on picking a backup early with Cutler because I agree with others in the thread who say he's being underrated due to going to Chicago.

I think he offers very good trade or starting potential this year which is why I'm targeting him as my #2 (10 team league).

That's a sound theory. From a fantasy perspective Cutler as the Chicago QB reminds me of Aikman as the Cowboys QB.

That's a sound theory. From a fantasy perspective Cutler as the Chicago QB reminds me of Aikman as the Cowboys QB.

And who would be Irvin and Harper?

That should answer your question!

Doesn't matter the Bears, like Aikman's Cowboys, will never throw enough to make Cutler anything more than a good back up QB.

I get the Irvin thing but Alvin Harper? Hester could easily put up better stats than Harper ever did.

You conveniently left INT's out. Cutler has garbage WR's in a run-oriented offense. The Eagles upgraded their offense.

As long as he stays healthy McNabb will easily have a better season.

I question McNabb's ability to stay healthy for an entire season, so give me Cutler. I know I am in the minority but what the fock.

You can have Jay Cutler or Donovan McNabb as your QB. Who do you take and why?

Cutler has to throw against Vikes, Pack, and Lions twice a season.

McNabb has to throw against Gmen, Cowboys, and Skins twice a season.

What do you think?

Apparently, you missed a small bit of news this offseason.

Jay Cutler was traded.

To the Bears.

Meanwhile, the Iggles added Lesean McCoy and Jeremy Maclin to a squad that already has Westbrook, Desean, and Kevin Curtis.

If McNabb stays healthy, I'm looking for #'s similar to his 2004 campaign.

Apparently, you missed a small bit of news this offseason.

Jay Cutler was traded.

To the Bears.

Meanwhile, the Iggles added Lesean McCoy and Jeremy Maclin to a squad that already has Westbrook, Desean, and Kevin Curtis.

If McNabb stays healthy, I'm looking for #'s similar to his 2004 campaign.

haha, that was funny. u and every eagle fan since 2004...... :D <_<

haha, that was funny. u and every eagle fan since 2004...... :D <_<

I'm not exaclty an Iggles fan sporto... http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...=342661&hl=

Same here. It's not even a thing like most people who beef with Eagles fans. I just don't like the Eagles.

But I am objective. With the weapons he has at his disposal, I don't think 30 TDs from McNabb is inconceivable. I do agree his health is of course key to that.

As a cowboys fan who hates the eagles, i'd say mcnabb and its not close. I was targeting mcnabb in both of my drafts but both times, in the round i was ready to pick him, he got taken.

He has solid WR's all around. I'd take jackson, maclin, curtis, and even hank baskett over any of the bears WR (when comparing hester, i'm only looking at his WR potential, not overall. Also, i don't think baskett or curtis will have better fantasy numbers, but in real life i think as of right now, baskett is a better WR than hester). Also, he has one of the best pass catching RB's in westbrook.

Cutler is playing for a team that will rely on a stingy defense and a time managing offense which features lots of running. Sure, they might try to pass more now that they upgraded from orton to cutler, but the bears will stick to their bread and butter.

The only things going against mcnabb are 1) you'll have to pick up a backup slightly earlier because of injury risk and 2) the whole mike vick situation. Will he destroy the team? Break mcnabbs confidence?

I might take cutler over mcnabb if i knew i could get him 3 rounds later, but i think mcnabb has a big year this year.