Sign in to follow this  
idlewild

Yahoo Banned Me for Logo!

I didn't get banned, but, they did send me an e-mail saying that my picture and team name were in-appropriate.

My team name was (I had to change it, obviously) "Moose Knuckle", and my pic was of a chick in a bikini, with the mother of all moose knuckles. :thumbsdown:

My new team name...................... Yahoo Rentacops :unsure:

A "Moose Knuckle" is the male version of camel toe. So a chick in a bikini would be inappropriate.

question: was this a public league or a private one?

to me, it seems reasonable that they would monitor all public leagues and at least give a warning if it is questionable content.

if such warning was not heeded, then I can see them acting.

ie. if its a case where you upload a nude pic of pam anderson to a public league I can see where they would ban you.

but if the league is completely private, It makes no sense to monitor the league. After all, this image is not available to the public. if the image or logo was crossing the line in a big way, the league would likely address it themselves.

ie. I was in a league where we had to ban a guy for making racist comments because it offended the 2 black guys and the one asian guy in our league.

This makes sense.

anyhow, if it is a private league, Yahoo should be minding their own business and leave the commish and/or the league to police itself.

If it is a public league then you have to assume that some of the users of accounts may not be of legal age, and you have to restrict your content to what is considered acceptable. Thus, anything not good for network TV is probably not good for Yahoo.

anything of questionable or offensive content then should be blocked or banned.

either way, that's all I have to say about this.

Great questions and I agree with your analysis. All three leagues were private, but I think I change my profile image (my mistake) instead of the team image. There's a radio button when you upload an image, I believe, that defaults to "All my Yahoo! profiles" not "Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football only"

Does anyone know if I can retroactively (i.e. set the scores and W-L records) on ESPN.com if I create a league there? We've been playing for over 10 years in this league and Yahoo did not just screw me, they screwed 11 others.

:first:

UPDATE: Since so many people complained apparently, Yahoo finally responded and said that the commissioner of the league can write providing the league ID, team name, and Yahoo ID to move ownership of that team to in order to get a transfer.

So I just created a dummy ID: YAHOOISA8D and had the three commissioners write Yahoo.

In case anyone else has this issue, FYI.

They haven't done it yet and took forever to reply to the first email. Has anyone else written Yahoo and, if so, did you get a reply? If so, when? It's like one jackass Brahman pumped full of Red Bull sitting in Electronic City, Bangalore monitoring Yahoo's FF Inbox. Teek hai.

I didn't get banned, but, they did send me an e-mail saying that my picture and team name were in-appropriate.

My team name was (I had to change it, obviously) "Moose Knuckle", and my pic was of a chick in a bikini, with the mother of all moose knuckles. :music_guitarred:

My new team name...................... Yahoo Rentacops :headbanger:

Guy in one of my leagues had the same issue - warning email due to his picture - whatever. Hard to believe though that with the hundreds of thousands of teams they actually check these

So I'm in like 3 leagues (as most of you are) on Yahoo and have been playing FF on their site since 1999. My team, the Washington Square Heroin Junkies, has been fine for years, but the minute I posted an image of a junkie in an NYU t shirt as my team logo, my account was banned.

That's it. No email warnings. No reconciliation. I now no longer have access to my email and the 33 other guys in the three other leagues I am in are also out of luck.

Any one else have this problem? If not, watch yourselves. You'll lose access to your email.

What a crock!

This is *FANTASY* football here, Yahoo.

You said "it". It is about FANTASY football! So why are you using a logo showing a guy shooting up heroin (as your team name suggests)?

I don't understand why people feel they have to bring drugs,sex and murder, ect. into names of their fantasy sports teams.

Instead of being mad at Yahoo ask yourself what was the upside in posting that logo pic?

Seriously, bad error in judgement on your part imo. But clearly we have different morals and values.

You said "it". It is about FANTASY football! So why are you using a logo showing a guy shooting up heroin (as your team name suggests)?

I don't understand why people feel they have to bring drugs,sex and murder, ect. into names of their fantasy sports teams.

Instead of being mad at Yahoo ask yourself what was the upside in posting that logo pic?

Seriously, bad error in judgement on your part imo. But clearly we have different morals and values.

I'm going to hell.

:rolleyes:

My team name was (I had to change it, obviously) "Moose Knuckle", and my pic was of a chick in a bikini, with the mother of all moose knuckles. :pointstosky:

My new team name...................... Yahoo Rentacops :unsure:

So you had a picture of a girl with a pen15 in a bikini? No wonder they made you take it down.

We do not Condone drug use on this sight.please keep your crack addict pics to your self.

Sight or site? :rolleyes:

Your self or yourself? :mad:

And why is Condone capitalized? :unsure:

Oh wait. South Bend, IN. :doh: I shouldn't bash a ND student/graduate. Kind of like kicking a retard.

RU-DY! RU-DY! RU-DY! :banana:

I wasn't banned, but was sent the letter about their code of conduct policy. In our baseball league a guy named his team "Junk in the Trunk". I named my team, "Junk in the Front". I used an avatar of a close up of a cod piece. The dude was fully clothed. It lasted 3 days and the avatar was deleted and I got the email from Yahoo. It didn't say anything about changing my team name, but I did anyways.

Same group of guys for our football league and one of the team names is "Honolulu Jew", and he gets nothing from Yahoo. Maybe it is just an avatar thing?

Off Topic - Anyone know what Moose Knuckle Ball Four is up to? That guys was the king of all fantasy updates back in the hey day... and no offense to the guys here at FFToday.. but the forum was never the same since whatever happened happened.

He was involved with the site Fantasy Football Live Wire after being banned from here. A few years back he was fighting cancer and had drastically reduced his fantasy football and internet communications from what I remember...getting his priorities right and all. I just took a look at the forum over there and he hasn't been active since Dec. 2009 so not really sure what his deal is right now. Hope he is still kicking.

Bump for 5-points.

Yahoo blows. Teek hai, Indian bitches.

Thanks for the bump. Looks like it was the team logo that did me in. Which is BS because all I did was a yahoo image search for pictures of Jon Kitna and found the one I used. I didn't have to remove any filters or anything. I won't post a link because I don't want to get booted from here too but the offending image is still out there on yahoo. You don't even have to dig too deep to find it.

Thanks for the bump. Looks like it was the team logo that did me in. Which is BS because all I did was a yahoo image search for pictures of Jon Kitna and found the one I used. I didn't have to remove any filters or anything. I won't post a link because I don't want to get booted from here too but the offending image is still out there on yahoo. You don't even have to dig too deep to find it.

The titties picture?

Contact a guy named Peggy. He'll fix it for you. :wave:

I live in Amurica and I like free speech. Why can you yahoo images of boobies, T&A yet censor others in private leagues?