Sign in to follow this  
idlewild

Yahoo Banned Me for Logo!

So I'm in like 3 leagues (as most of you are) on Yahoo and have been playing FF on their site since 1999. My team, the Washington Square Heroin Junkies, has been fine for years, but the minute I posted an image of a junkie in an NYU t shirt as my team logo, my account was banned.

That's it. No email warnings. No reconciliation. I now no longer have access to my email and the 33 other guys in the three other leagues I am in are also out of luck.

Any one else have this problem? If not, watch yourselves. You'll lose access to your email.

What a crock!

This is *FANTASY* football here, Yahoo.

So I'm in like 3 leagues (as most of you are) on Yahoo and have been playing FF on their site since 1999. My team, the Washington Square Heroin Junkies, has been fine for years, but the minute I posted an image of a junkie in an NYU t shirt as my team logo, my account was banned.

That's it. No email warnings. No reconciliation. I now no longer have access to my email and the 33 other guys in the three other leagues I am in are also out of luck.

Any one else have this problem? If not, watch yourselves. You'll lose access to your email.

What a crock!

I see your problem.

What a crock!

Someone in one of my leagues got banned last year for a pretty stupid reason (I think it was his team name or something?) Some of us thought it was BS because it happened after week 1 and he had Brady, and after he got banned he refused to pay. Maybe he was telling the truth after all.

Someone in one of my leagues got banned last year for a pretty stupid reason (I think it was his team name or something?) Some of us thought it was BS because it happened after week 1 and he had Brady, and after he got banned he refused to pay. Maybe he was telling the truth after all.

sounds like I made a smart call never to use yahoo for fantasy. :thumbsup:

I didn't get banned, but, they did send me an e-mail saying that my picture and team name were in-appropriate.

My team name was (I had to change it, obviously) "Moose Knuckle", and my pic was of a chick in a bikini, with the mother of all moose knuckles. :thumbsup:

My new team name...................... Yahoo Rentacops :overhead:

I didn't get banned, but, they did send me an e-mail saying that my picture and team name were in-appropriate.

My team name was (I had to change it, obviously) "Moose Knuckle", and my pic was of a chick in a bikini, with the mother of all moose knuckles. :doublethumbsup:

Seriously. Be careful. You don't want anyone in India with sysadmin privileges to get upset...

F YAHOO!

Seriously. Be careful. You don't want anyone in India with sysadmin privileges to get upset...

F YAHOO!

I hear ya, but, I set up this e-mail account only for this particular FF league, so, if they were to axe it, big deal. Yahoo can lick the back of my hairy bag. :doublethumbsup:

I hear ya, but, I set up this e-mail account only for this particular FF league, so, if they were to axe it, big deal. Yahoo can lick the back of my hairy bag. :doublethumbsup:

I did too, but there are probably others who haven't done that and likely use Yahoo as their primary/lone email account. Going forward, I'm going to have to create an ID for each league...on ESPN.

So bad.

My team name was (I had to change it, obviously) "Moose Knuckle", and my pic was of a chick in a bikini, with the mother of all moose knuckles. :doublethumbsup:

this post was worthless without linkage...

this post was worthless without linkage...

"Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Customer Care.

Your Yahoo! Customer Care account was disabled pursuant to the Yahoo!

Terms of Service (TOS). You agreed to abide by the TOS when you created

your account with Yahoo!. The TOS can be found at:

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html

and provides in relevant part: "You agree that Yahoo!, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Yahoo! believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Yahoo! may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Yahoo! may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service." We take the operation of Yahoo! and the TOS very seriously. We continue to support Users who abide by the TOS.

You are welcome to establish a new account with Yahoo! at any time, provided that your use complies with our Terms of Service. If you are concerned that your intended use of our service may be a violation of the TOS, we encourage you to review the TOS and to take care to proceed accordingly.

Once again, we encourage you to review our Terms of Service which can be

found at:

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Sophie

Yahoo! Customer Care"

"Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Customer Care.

Your Yahoo! Customer Care account was disabled pursuant to the Yahoo!

Terms of Service (TOS). You agreed to abide by the TOS when you created

your account with Yahoo!. The TOS can be found at:

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/utos-173.html

and provides in relevant part: "You agree that Yahoo!, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if Yahoo! believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOS. Yahoo! may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that Yahoo! may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Service." We take the operation of Yahoo! and the TOS very seriously. We continue to support Users who abide by the TOS.

You are welcome to establish a new account with Yahoo! at any time, provided that your use complies with our Terms of Service. If you are concerned that your intended use of our service may be a violation of the TOS, we encourage you to review the TOS and to take care to proceed accordingly.

Once again, we encourage you to review our Terms of Service which can be

found at:

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.

Regards,

Sophie

Yahoo! Customer Care"

That looks like some boring legal jargon to me, not the mother of all moose knuckles.....

If anyone gives a rat's a$$, here's the "offensive" image:

http://www.biggrunt.com/wp-content/uploads...7x300.jpg"" target="_blank">WSHJ</a>

The only this I did was to superimpose "NYU" across the dude's t shirt.

The link seems to be broken. Can you draw a moose nuckle with NYU panties on it instead?

holy carp. I'm guessing you pissed off an NYU grad working at Yahoo? I know if I lost my Yahoo email acct which i've had for over 10 yrs, it would be a disaster

I played a yahoo league once and vowed to never do it again. I drafted two stud QBs and planned on using one for trade bait. I had two Qb picks in the first 4 rounds just to mess with them and trade one away. I had my team emptied for drafting two QBs in the first 4 rounds and my team locked by yahoo. yahoo is a joke

I got banned by yahoo a few years ago cuz i named my team after one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies.

movie = pulp fiction

team name/line from movie = DEAD N*GGA STORAGE

The league was supposed to be fun with some friends & it was a movie theme for team names/divisions. before you respond, make sure you know the scene from the movie & in no way does this reflect my view(s). it was for fun, so relax.

It's such crap. Fantasy football with friends should be ignored by the Yahoo censor nazis - especially if none of the friends mind.

It's like the Republican party's national convention: give 'em guns, leave 'em alone, and let 'em finish.

Do you think my team name of Liquorsnatch could get me banned?

Nope. I'm Touchdown There in my two other leagues and NOTHING. But mess with the purple Jews, and get the boot!

Another guy in one of the leagues is "Chamberlins Cherry Hoes" and has a picture of Wilt with two hookers - nothing.

You should be fine...

...provided the 19 year old Indian girl they have policing the site in Bangalore is not on her rag.

Sucks man. I can understand public league rules, but private should be more lax. I guess it is their company though. They can run it however they want. Just sucks that they don't send a warning first. Not only did you get banned, the rest of the league is hosed.

Not only did you get banned, the rest of the league is hosed.

The rest of THREE leagues are hosed. So they pissed off 33 people.

I feel like signing back up and randomly reporting "indecent" profile (since Yahoo only spot checks and selects whomever they deem offensive) and not only get them banned, but also pissed off another 11 people in the process. Hopefully if this self-policing cascades enough, Yahoo will realized how fcked they are.

Like Hugo Chavez.

The rest of THREE leagues are hosed. So they pissed off 33 people.

I feel like signing back up and randomly reporting "indecent" profile (since Yahoo only spot checks and selects whomever they deem offensive) and not only get them banned, but also pissed off another 11 people in the process. Hopefully if this self-policing cascades enough, Yahoo will realized how fcked they are.

Like Hugo Chavez.

why are they hosed? They each get a free win off this guy's vacant team now. :)

why are they hosed? They each get a free win off this guy's vacant team now. :)

You, sir, are a moron.

So Yahoo wont accept my desired team of:

The NiggaJewBastardDaygoChinkCrackerFocks?

:dunno:

Yahoo team ame is "Bog ol TD's"

They keep taking down my logo with a chick and a huge rack!

Such a shame

Be careful! They took down another logo of mine last year, but this year just banned me outright.

Here is my logo.....

Rink

<_<

Uh oh. Guy in my yahoo league has Shiancoe's c0ck in his logo.

That's a big logo.

Since they haven't reinstated my account, I've taken to randomly reporting other users via a dummy account.

F Yahoo.

Off Topic - Anyone know what Moose Knuckle Ball Four is up to? That guys was the king of all fantasy updates back in the hey day... and no offense to the guys here at FFToday.. but the forum was never the same since whatever happened happened.

Off Topic - Anyone know what Moose Knuckle Ball Four is up to? That guys was the king of all fantasy updates back in the hey day... and no offense to the guys here at FFToday.. but the forum was never the same since whatever happened happened.

I think he was banned here for a period of time and took off...

I got warned for having a pic of a cl!t with eyeballs on it!

Team name is "KntkyFrdKungPouClits"

I changed the logo but not my team name! :wall: Still up!

question: was this a public league or a private one?

to me, it seems reasonable that they would monitor all public leagues and at least give a warning if it is questionable content.

if such warning was not heeded, then I can see them acting.

ie. if its a case where you upload a nude pic of pam anderson to a public league I can see where they would ban you.

but if the league is completely private, It makes no sense to monitor the league. After all, this image is not available to the public. if the image or logo was crossing the line in a big way, the league would likely address it themselves.

ie. I was in a league where we had to ban a guy for making racist comments because it offended the 2 black guys and the one asian guy in our league.

This makes sense.

anyhow, if it is a private league, Yahoo should be minding their own business and leave the commish and/or the league to police itself.

If it is a public league then you have to assume that some of the users of accounts may not be of legal age, and you have to restrict your content to what is considered acceptable. Thus, anything not good for network TV is probably not good for Yahoo.

anything of questionable or offensive content then should be blocked or banned.

either way, that's all I have to say about this.