Sign in to follow this  
EAwer

LSATS on Saturday morning

wish me luck guys. While I do not post much, I have been a member of this forum since I was in like 8th grade, and was a reader for some time before I joined. Outside of my friends, family, and Howard Stern, this forum has probably had the biggest impact on my life, which may or may not be extremely pathetic. :doublethumbsup:

It is wish ME luck, not wish MY luck. So I guess you have my wish, because you will need it. Or your will need it. Anyway, the good news is that you are from Detroit, so you can always fall back on... dambit, good luck man!@# :doublethumbsup:

wish me luck guys. While I do not post much, I have been a member of this forum since I was in like 8th grade, and was a reader for some time before I joined. Outside of my friends, family, and Howard Stern, this forum has probably had the biggest impact on my life, which may or may not be extremely pathetic. :mad:

For being honest, I wish you the bestest of luck that is humanly possible :overhead:

If I was an actual human, the above would have been more meaningful. sorry 'bout that :(

wish me luck guys. While I do not post much, I have been a member of this forum since I was in like 8th grade, and was a reader for some time before I joined. Outside of my friends, family, and Howard Stern, this forum has probably had the biggest impact on my life, which may or may not be extremely pathetic. :pointstosky:

Don't tell your parents this or they'll sue Mike.

How long does taking the LSAT(s) usually take? Good luck to you :music_guitarred:

there are 6 sections of 35 minutes each, in addition to a 10-15 minute break. There is also time "wasted" on administrative purposes both at the beginning and right before/right after the break, since they have to collect and then hand back the tests. SO I figure around 4.5-5 hours, although they say to be prepared for upto 7 in case the admin. process is dreadfully slow.

Be like medstudent and post all your escapades with the ladies here.

If i have any i will lol. I would expect more this year after this weekend, then during law school. I havent gone out in a while since when I drink I am very susceptible to hangovers and have to waste the day after. And I haven't had a day to completely waste in a while. But you best believe that the rest of the semester will be similar to freshmen year in the amount of booze i consume.

Don't tell your parents this or they'll sue Mike.

ha. I probably have this forum to thank in part for my future success on the LSAT. It is largely based on dissecting bad arguments, which almost every thread in this forum contains :music_guitarred:

ha. I probably have this forum to thank in part for my future success on the LSAT. It is largely based on dissecting bad arguments, which almost every thread in this forum contains :shocking:

There's a lot.

You don't happen to be from southern Macomb County by chance?

Sigh. A Howard fan.

I won't deny that I didn't get hooked as a Stern fan back when he first became syndicated to Philadelphia back in the day. And I spent many years listening. But Howard is barely putting on a show anymore, sad to say. When he finally retires, make sure you check out Opie and Anthony, and give them a legitimate listen. It's a much funnier show, less ego driven, and is a perfect show for watching comedians riff. Most O&A fans used to be or currently still are Stern fans. I'm sure you picked up on most of this babble from me as years ago, GiantsRule and myself made references to this stuff in the gambling threads. I was also really disappointed that Stern didn't go to bat for his "friend" Kidd Chris. That guy is talented as fock, but apparently there was no room for him on Sirius XM.

FWIW I scored in the 88th percentile on the writing portion of the GMAT.

Guess how long I studied? If you guessed UNDER 60 seconds ... you're right!

I was like 30th percentile in Math. Who remembers Geometry 15 years after high school? Apparently ... it's about 70 percent ... of the people that take that test. It didn't matter ... I had to take the GMAT to get into grad school ... I didn't hata do well. Just had to take it.

Friggin prove angle ABC is a bisector ...that's tough for me .... I don't hafta be exact. Why do I care to be exact?

1. There is a line ....at an angle which passes through several points

2. A and B are points connected by this line.

THERE A FRIGGIN LINE THROUGH IT! I never understood proofs. Friggn BS I tell ya. Not normal math ... if this stuff makes sense to you ... yer messed up in the head man. Really. Mostly ... I don't understand why you wouldn't use a computer instead to do these things.

:/

There's a lot.

You don't happen to be from southern Macomb County by chance?

Nope. I live on the border of West Bloomfield, Walled Lake, and Commerce Twshp. Halstead and Pontiac Trail (~17 mile).

Sigh. A Howard fan.

I won't deny that I didn't get hooked as a Stern fan back when he first became syndicated to Philadelphia back in the day. And I spent many years listening. But Howard is barely putting on a show anymore, sad to say. When he finally retires, make sure you check out Opie and Anthony, and give them a legitimate listen. It's a much funnier show, less ego driven, and is a perfect show for watching comedians riff. Most O&A fans used to be or currently still are Stern fans. I'm sure you picked up on most of this babble from me as years ago, GiantsRule and myself made references to this stuff in the gambling threads. I was also really disappointed that Stern didn't go to bat for his "friend" Kidd Chris. That guy is talented as fock, but apparently there was no room for him on Sirius XM.

Yes I read alot of posts on here from you regarding O and A. After he retires I will give it a shot. I am going to be sad when Howard retires, though. When I was in like first grade i lived 30 minutes from school and my mom put it on in the car every morning. Every morning from 1st-8th grade. And I am still hooked. Its still got the great characters, even though they are different.

Incredible! I'm just down the street. The fluffy white rabbit in the waist coat and spectacles. Off to a tea party. I've seen you pass several times sir .... you've never noticed me.

Oh well ... move along.

FWIW I scored in the 88th percentile on the writing portion of the GMAT.

Guess how long I studied? If you guessed UNDER 60 seconds ... you're right!

I was like 30th percentile in Math. Who remembers Geometry 15 years after high school? Apparently ... it's about 70 percent ... of the people that take that test. It didn't matter ... I had to take the GMAT to get into grad school ... I didn't hata do well. Just had to take it.

Friggin prove angle ABC is a bisector ...that's tough for me .... I don't hafta be exact. Why do I care to be exact?

1. There is a line ....at an angle which passes through several points

2. A and B are points connected by this line.

THERE A FRIGGIN LINE THROUGH IT! I never understood proofs. Friggn BS I tell ya. Not normal math ... if this stuff makes sense to you ... yer messed up in the head man. Really. Mostly ... I don't understand why you wouldn't use a computer instead to do these things.

:/

dude, you cant really study for writing. its just a combination of natural ability and how much you learned during your early years. I hate math also. But math is something you can study for.

Incredible! I'm just down the street. The fluffy white rabbit in the waist coat and spectacles. Off to a tea party. I've seen you pass several times sir .... you've never noticed me.

Oh well ... move along.

ahh you will appreciate this. I used to play alot of home games in Macomb county (aforementioned) during my senior year of high school. A kid by the name of Joe Cada used to also play in these .5/1, 40-100 buy in games. If you watch this years WSOP you will become acquainted with Joe. TBH, I dont really remember him specifically, but my friend who hosted the game told me I played with him around a dozen times. My oh my, has he moved up in the world.

dude, you cant really study for writing. its just a combination of natural ability and how much you learned during your early years. I hate math also. But math is something you can study for.

You can study for writing; if you are trying to impress the people reading it. But they prolly couldn't tell you the correct use of a semi-colon anyway.

I often wonder if higher levels of math are that way. "We are pretty sure" this is right ... but it's open to interpretation.

I figure ... there are NOT EXACTLY 24 hours in each day ... so anything based on large multiples of time .... is inherently wrong.

That's not the type of answer that scores anything more than brownie points in a math test.

Writing? You could write a 10 page paper .... about time. Prolly not have room to cover the finer points.

Poe (my ancestor on my Mom's side) changed the rules:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FID1CiB4bcU

Not to say that Ralph Waldo Emerson on my Dad's side was a moron.

Yeah .... really. Descended from both .... I better be able to write.

Their has to be a Hemingway (blow your brains out) or Thomas (drink yourself to death) joke in here somewhere.

Poe (my ancestor on my Mom's side) changed the rules:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FID1CiB4bcU

Not to say that Ralph Waldo Emerson on my Dad's side was a moron.

Yeah .... really. Descended from both .... I better be able to write.

You should donate your brain to science. Today.

good luck. went through the same thing with the mcat. My studying involved taking practice tests and then revisiting weak areas. Familarity with the format of the test and a general strategy on how you will approach the exam is as important as anything you will learn by just plain studying.

Prepare to feel inadequate after taking it. I felt like they would probably ask me to return my undergrad degree after I took the GMAT, but I scored really well. The most important thing in test taking is confidence and coffee right before.

I was terrible on the logic games section. I had taken a couple practice tests too, so I knew that I really needed to step up my game in that area. Try as I might, I just couldn't figure that damn section out. My score was still pretty good though because apparently my reading comprehension skills are through the roof.

Anyway, good luck on your GMAT. :banana:

good luck. went through the same thing with the mcat. My studying involved taking practice tests and then revisiting weak areas. Familarity with the format of the test and a general strategy on how you will approach the exam is as important as anything you will learn by just plain studying.

thanks for the advice. Ive been studying since May. Hoping to do real well.

I was terrible on the logic games section. I had taken a couple practice tests too, so I knew that I really needed to step up my game in that area. Try as I might, I just couldn't figure that damn section out. My score was still pretty good though because apparently my reading comprehension skills are through the roof.

Anyway, good luck on your GMAT. :thumbsup:

Logic games take alot alot of practice. I went from trying to get 2/4 games done in the alotted time, to being disappointed if i do not get near perfect on that section. On the other hand, reading comp is the area hardest to improve upon through studying.

Logic games take alot alot of practice. I went from trying to get 2/4 games done in the alotted time, to being disappointed if i do not get near perfect on that section. On the other hand, reading comp is the area hardest to improve upon through studying.

Not sure if you have reading comp on the LSAT, but the trick is to read all the question for the reading passage first. Then go back and read the passage knowing exactly what you are looking for. Good luck.

Not sure if you have reading comp on the LSAT, but the trick is to read all the question for the reading passage first. Then go back and read the passage knowing exactly what you are looking for. Good luck.

would be nice, but not enough time. 4 dense passages 2-4 paragraphs long with 5-8 questions on each in 35 minutes