Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

My Fantasy Sleepers for Week 3

QB - Byron Leftwhich - Quietly he has has put decent numbers so far. The Giants are a banged up mess on D. They will likely be without Tuck, Canty, Kenny Phillips and their starting cb's are injured as well. Antonio Bryant is also expected back to help the WR corp. I think Byron might be involved in another shootout this week. This guy could be the king of garbage time points, but in the end they count the same.

RB - Beanie Wells. The Colts defense without Bob Sanders sucks vs the run. Period. Now I know this guy doesn't start but he will get more involved and I think he breaks a td off. I am not saying he will go nuts but 75 and a TD is very very possible.

WR - Chris Henry. This hurts as a Steeler fan but this guy always seems to do well against the Steelers. They are also missing Troy and his backup Carter is hurt. Plus everyone dropped him so now he will show up and be a hot pickup next week. I will say 70 and a score for this dude.

Good stuff, but Antonio Bryant will NOT be back this week.

Good stuff, but Antonio Bryant will NOT be back this week.

I guess not. The coach was saying he expected him back yesterday, guess he was a little too optimistic. Still this Giant D is a damn mess right now. Philips done for the year.

I guess not. The coach was saying he expected him back yesterday, guess he was a little too optimistic. Still this Giant D is a damn mess right now. Philips done for the year.

True, injuries are hitting them hard, but Dallas wasn't able to take advantage of that this past week. Instead they rushed for over 250.

I'm not sure TBay will be able to pass that easily against Giant defense, and Romo did throw 3 pics. Be careful here.

True, injuries are hitting them hard, but Dallas wasn't able to take advantage of that this past week. Instead they rushed for over 250.

I'm not sure TBay will be able to pass that easily against Giant defense, and Romo did throw 3 pics. Be careful here.

Romo was just erratic, it wasn't their coverage that was phenomenal. Obviously this isn't a no brainer pick, but I see some upside here for this weekend.

I agree and think its a great chance for Michael Clayton to put up really good numbers. My sleeper this week ( and this week only) . No Bryant and Stovall means he is the only healthy WR on that team. Its always good to have the #1 WR on a team that passes 40 times a week. Granted he only had 2 catches last week but he had a good week the week before. As I said this week only.

I know he's one of the flavors of the week, but I think Mike Sims-Walker goes off this week @ Houston: 7/115/1....and no, I don't own him

Picked him up and starting him this week so I hope you're right. ;)

I like the Wells pick. Had he not fumbled the ball twice last week he could have really done some damage. This may be the week he breaks out.

+1

I'm playing the Wells owner and thought for sure he'd insert him this week.....but he's going with McFadden instead. :cry:

He obviously didn't watch MNF this past week.

I think Wells has a coming out party of sorts.....topping 100 yards with a score or two.

i'm a beanie wells owner but i don't share the same optimism as other people here.

last season hightower and edge averaged 17 carries a game between them. they've continued the trend this season, with beanie and hightower combining for 18.5 per, with 62% going to hightower.

i drafted beanie cause i don't think hightower is that good, but even if the split shifts in his favor i don't see him doing too much with 10-12 carries per game and limited receiving abilities.

My Wells prediction is just based on a hunch that he will break a decent run for a td. I am sure most have better options but I think he will have a decent game on Sunday.

I agree and think its a great chance for Michael Clayton to put up really good numbers. My sleeper this week ( and this week only) . No Bryant and Stovall means he is the only healthy WR on that team. Its always good to have the #1 WR on a team that passes 40 times a week. Granted he only had 2 catches last week but he had a good week the week before. As I said this week only.

DAM YOU :ninja:

after reading this you are going to make me change my lineup at last second. i try and avoid that but my #2 WR in one league is in bad shape and i have Clayton, L. Robinson, and Chris Henry to put in. :rolleyes:

DAM YOU :ninja:

after reading this you are going to make me change my lineup at last second. i try and avoid that but my #2 WR in one league is in bad shape and i have Clayton, L. Robinson, and Chris Henry to put in. :overhead:

Lets not forget about Kellen Winslow. He's been the biggest beneficiary in Bryant's absence and I like him more than Clayton this week. $.02

No love for Kevin Walter coming off his injury for a big week against the Jags? Assuming he plays of course.

I'm having trouble deciding who to play between Walter, Sims-Walker and Knox. I think Walter and Sims-Walker are the safer plays while Knox's return yards will help him in my league's scoring.

Seeing as how he's not mentioned yet, I will insert Walter for a sleeper pick. Fresh off injury, pissed that the coaches didn't let him play last week, Jags will be doing everything they can to stop A. Johnson, Jacoby Jones looked good in Walter's spot last week with a touchdown...I think that translates into a nice day for Walter.

i'm a beanie wells owner but i don't share the same optimism as other people here.

last season hightower and edge averaged 17 carries a game between them. they've continued the trend this season, with beanie and hightower combining for 18.5 per, with 62% going to hightower.

i drafted beanie cause i don't think hightower is that good, but even if the split shifts in his favor i don't see him doing too much with 10-12 carries per game and limited receiving abilities.

I have Wells and F. Jones... I am going with jones though because he will get more carries spliting with Choice and even if barber plays then if Wells had 70% of the carries lol they don't run the ball ever in arizona unless they are beating up on a team, but i see this game staying relatively close.

I disagree on Wells - Hightower has played well enough to earn the majority of the carries, and those fumbles last week have put him in Wisenhunt's doghouse!

frank gore against the minn def. this guy takes it personal everytime he plays against a running back that was drafted higher than him. he will tear minn a new one.

frank gore against the minn def. this guy takes it personal everytime he plays against a running back that was drafted higher than him. he will tear minn a new one.

Good stuff josh. I wonder if his OL feels the same when they go smash mouth with the Williams boys.

Good stuff josh. I wonder if his OL feels the same when they go smash mouth with the Williams boys.

I agree on Gore after watching Kevin Smith get ~80 yards against Minny. Gore should be able to do better than that.

Deep sleeper here, Bobby Wade. Bowe is listed as questionable. 6 catches for 72 yards last week, He is already KC #2 wr. Not a bad reach in those very deep leagues.

Those are sleepers all right. Im Falling a sleep just looking at them.

rozniarek = king of random capitalizations.