Sign in to follow this  
mambokings

Is it time to stick a fork in Clinton Portis?

Blame the ankles, blame Zorn, blame whatever factors you deem reasonable, but in fantasy terms...is it time to stick a fork in this guy? Even last week, against the lowly Rams, he managed only 79 yards (with no scores, of course). If he can't produce big numbers - in great matchups! - why have any confidence there's reason for hope?

I'm dropping him for the first person that catches my fancy this week.. he is officially done and unplayable.

Yep. if you can't do squat against the Lions then you can no longer be trusted in fantasy. It's the Kiss of Death :wave:

Think you can still trade on his name but yeah, this guy can now be deemed worthless...

Not saying the guy is the best but.... 3.5 yards per carry.... i think the problem is the 12 carries

I'm not dropping him yet because there's no one out there worth picking up in his place... I'm hoping he lights it up on my bench at least one game so I can get something for him from someone in my league.

I was able to get McFadden, Harvin, and Royal for Portis, L. Moore, and Garcon. Not sure who got the best of that deal, but I am glad I got something for him. Moore and Garcon have some upside, but so do the 3 I received. Portis was on his way down and I needed to cut ties. His goal line runs are pathetic!

I am lucky enough to have unloaded him last week for Steve Smith of the Panthers. Hell at this point the Giants Steve Smith is more valuable. He is DONE!

If you know you have two bone spurs in each foot, why don't you take care of it before the season starts?

Also, glad I left him on my bench this week...I won't drop him, but he is looking like a bye week replacement player.

If you know you have two bone spurs in each foot, why don't you take care of it before the season starts?

After falling apart over the second half of last season, I'm sure he didn't want to further make the case his wheels had come off :bandana:

I knew if he didn't drop 100 and a touch this week against DETROIT...his value was going to drop way off (if it hadn't already)

That being said...I worked like hell to get rid of him in a 1PtPR league

I was able to trade Welker and Portis to get Kevin and Steve Smith.

As of right now it looks like Steve Smith is the only man standing...i'm proud of myself

guy in my league is trying to dump him and i was looking who to trade him. i couldnt find anyone on my roster i would trade for him. id pick him up off waivers but thats about it. :thumbsdown: Portis is not even worth my dam back ups :thumbsdown:

-Felix Jones-no way in hell

-Donald Brown-not chance

-Reggie Bush-not even him

-Samkon Gado-probably not my insurance for Sjax(yea i guess i probably would :clap: )

-Jonathan Stewart-no way

-Mike Bell-he wouldnt take him

Yeah, he's been disappointing so far, but he did have only 12 carries as the Skins were playing from behind. And a major question is exactly how bad are his ankles? I'd give him one more chance next week against Tampa and their crappy defense who just gave up over 200 rushing yards to the Giants. If he doesn't have a decent performance then, I'd definitely bench him and use him merely as a bye week replacement.

Yeah, he's been disappointing so far, but he did have only 12 carries as the Skins were playing from behind.

Doesn't that reveal a great deal about his fantasy value, the crappy team he's playing for?

Your about a year late. I got rid of Portis last season about week 9 which is when the wheels came off. Best. Move. Ever. Hes a piece of slow, lumbering sh!t and he plays for a sh!t team with a sh!t offense and a sh!t coach. And a sh!t quarterback.

Got all that? Good.

Soooo... I got a trade offer... Knowshon Moreno/Devery Henderson for Clinton Portis/Marques Colston...

Do we really think Portis is that bad because my plan was to take him and then just take Betts off the WW...

that would give me SJax, Benson and Portis as my RB and Wayne, Boldin, Colston, Manningham and Sims-Walker as my WR...

Im torn... yo

i just traded Larry Johnson and Lendale White for Portis and Eddie Royal :doublethumbsup: what ya think?

i got tired of starting LJ and the Chiefs offense not doing a dam thing.

Soooo... I got a trade offer... Knowshon Moreno/Devery Henderson for Clinton Portis/Marques Colston...

Do we really think Portis is that bad because my plan was to take him and then just take Betts off the WW...

that would give me SJax, Benson and Portis as my RB and Wayne, Boldin, Colston, Manningham and Sims-Walker as my WR...

Im torn... yo

Umm...torn.

Getting Colston for noshow and henderson would be theft...getting Portis thrown in is ridiculous.

Take it now.

Im torn... yo

yea you better click accept before dude realize how much of dumb a$$ he is.

Portis and Colston for Moreno and Henderson :doublethumbsup: