Sign in to follow this  
Tony_Romo_Domination

Darren McFadden...Time to jump ship?

I took him in the 5th with high hopes. He's been awful.

I don't know what i'm going to do.

Curious to see if anyone has been able to get value for him.

Jamarcus Russel is AWFUL

I can't believe Russel is that bad. 61 yards passing how bad is that.

I'm a DMac owner and waiting for them to make a QB change before jumping ship!

But boy does Russel suck!!!!!

tricky situation..DMAC has the talent so you are weary of dropping him......

you keep thinking the raiders have been a good running team the past few years so dmac has to break out soon......but then you watch russell and the raida offense and get depressed.

I also thought DMC was going to have a nice year and that the raiders were going to improve but yeah, Russel is the worst!! It also doen't help the meager points that Mac is getting that he lost two fumbles in the last 2 games. I think I'm stuck with him, but should I start Donald Brown in his place? I think that's where I'm going>>

I also thought DMC was going to have a nice year and that the raiders were going to improve but yeah, Russel is the worst!! It also doen't help the meager points that Mac is getting that he lost two fumbles in the last 2 games. I think I'm stuck with him, but should I start Donald Brown in his place? I think that's where I'm going>>

Start Donald Brown over DMAC..............................affirmative :lol:

Russel sucks, to be sure, but don't put all the blame on him. I've been convinced since I saw DMac in college that he would never be a good NFL back. His vision isn't good, he goes down on first contact way to often and the main thing that made him great in college is his speed. That's a prime recipe for NFL bust for a RB.

Russel sucks, to be sure, but don't put all the blame on him. I've been convinced since I saw DMac in college that he would never be a good NFL back. His vision isn't good, he goes down on first contact way to often and the main thing that made him great in college is his speed. That's a prime recipe for NFL bust for a RB.

You talking about reggie Bush....... :lol: That description could be bush as well.

Yes, it could. And I don't mean to sound like one of these arrogant pricks that can never be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times with my predictions, lol. Out of that class though, I had DMac and Mendy has huge busts and Forte and Kevin Smith as my favorites with Stewart a close third. I always liked Slaton but never thought he could be an every down NFL back. I looked like a genius at the end of last season, but maybe not now. Time will tell if I was right or not on that RB class, but for now I'm sticking to my guns that DMac is and always will be a bust.

Yes, it could. And I don't mean to sound like one of these arrogant pricks that can never be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times with my predictions, lol. Out of that class though, I had DMac and Mendy has huge busts and Forte and Kevin Smith as my favorites with Stewart a close third. I always liked Slaton but never thought he could be an every down NFL back. I looked like a genius at the end of last season, but maybe not now. Time will tell if I was right or not on that RB class, but for now I'm sticking to my guns that DMac is and always will be a bust.

I agree Dmac might very well be a bust......I wish I could see him on a real team.

Russell started 15 games last season and the run game still had some value. You just aren't going to get ADP number from McFadden so I'm not sure why people are freaking. I don't think you should have drafted him expecting much more than 1000/6 with potential for some decent receiving numbers thrown in as well. He's a little slow on the numbers so far (on pace for around 800 rush yards) but he isn't drastically off expectations. One good game and he's back on track.

The main problem is that it's getting to be a crowded backfield now that Fargas is back. All 3 backs are going to get the ball and, not being in a prolific offense, there's only so many carries to go around. McFadden seemed to get 2/3 of the carries with Bush getting 1/3. With Fargas getting healthy, he'll get some carries now too...but will he cut more into McFadden or Bush? Or both evenly? I find it hard to believe that, if all 3 RBs are healthy, McFadden averages more than 12-14 carries a game. Call it 13 carries a game for 13 more games at 4.0 ypr (avg of last year's 4.4 and this year's 3.6) and add in the 150 he has now and that's a 975 yard season. You just hope he gets lucky and breaks a couple long TDs and starts catching more balls and he moves into the pretty solid #2 RB category.

I'm getting a huge kick out of this thread, how everybody is supposed to be surprised Russell has been pathetic... People here should've known better. It's like Big Daddy O feigning "shock" during the Chicago corruption scandel which brought down Blago.

Look, you've got a kid who got by on sheer talent alone in college, who played on a superior team. He skips camp, and practically his first season. Now he's running an offense straight out of 1994, ran by a plumber of a head coach who makes ###### Juaron look like Bill Walsh. And then there's Al...

Anybody, any true Raider fan, could've called this with braille. I personally wished for them to draft Megatron, and place any scrub back there to feed him the ball. I mean, that's what they're doing in D town. Russell is light years away from being a threat as an NFL QB, fantasy or otherwise. It may never happen if the song remains the same in Oakland.

Russell is terrible but as others have pointed out he didn't manage to screw up their run game too much last season. The problem in 2009 is Al Davis and the coaching staff (who are simply mindless drones carrying out marching orders from up top). Al believes in Russell's big arm and nothing else. The Raiders drafted for speed at WR even though Bey cannot run a route nor catch a football. Go long, Al says, and the rest will take care of itself. In practical terms that means asking JaMarcus to *gasp* "develop". Last year they kept it simple, game planning around the running game, while asking Russell to do only one thing in the passing game: dump it off to Zach Miller (the team's leading receiver in 2008). This year, and perhaps even more so after Week 1 hinted at the notion Russell was able to complete NFL passes, they are moving past that. They are asking JaMarcus to read deeper coverages, asking JaMarcus to throw more often, make...decisions! It's a recipe for disaster and Steve Young even pointed that out when he was calling their Week 1 game against San Diego. The only remedy for this team is to scale back the offense, limit the passing, limit what they ask JaMarcus to do, and lean on the running game.

Al Davis will not let that happen.

I agree that McFadden is never going to be a big time NFL back. His vision is poor, he doesn't break enough tackles and isn't that shifty despite his speed. That being said, the guy can produce a lot more than he has been so far this season.

Last year, the excuse for his lack of production was nagging turf toe injuries. This year we're seeing that the problem lies either with him, with Russel and the offense, or a little bit of both. The problem is we'll never know. The Raiders could put in Gradkowski, re-commit themselves to the running game, activate Javon Walker and bench Heyward-Bey when Chaz gets back and they would be ten times better on offense TODAY. Thats when we'd be able to see what DMAC's got. But Al will never let Jamarcus ride pine, or even let Cable emphasize the run the way the Raiders did last year.

I'm not going to dump him yet, but as soon as DMAC has over 100 and TD (it has to happen eventually, doesn't it?), I'm trading him for anything I can get. Whatever talent he has is wasted on that team and in that organization.

Fock you Al Davis for all the talent that you've wasted the past 8 years.

It will surprise most people when you tell them that the Raiders were the 10th best rushing team in the NFL last year in total rushing yards ... but not so surprising they were the 28th in rushing TD's. If DMC can get the lion's share of carries this year he probably ends up as someone you should keep and spot start in flex positions per matchups.

It's like Big Daddy O feigning "shock" during the Chicago corruption scandel which brought down Blago.

You managed to fit an Obama reference into a Darren MacFadden thread seamlessly. Makes total sense. :doublethumbsup:

I agree with the last poster - hard to judge him on this crappy team. That QB is the worst in NFL history.

You managed to fit an Obama reference into a Darren MacFadden thread seamlessly. Makes total sense. :thumbsdown:

Don't blame me, blame Rush... Anyhow, it was the first analogy that came to mind.

My bad. :pointstosky:

Tom Cable has yet to get him the touches he needs to produce. That coupled with J. Russell's anemic production doesn't bode well. Russell can't even get a screen pass to him without phucking it up.

IMO he needs 20 carries and 5 or 6 short passes a game thrown to him. He is a big play kind of player. He need the ball more.

I also think the Raiders should have kept Garcia!!!

I don't have any Raiders on either of my teams. That is not a coincidence. FF is not rocket science, although we often overcomplicate it. The lesson is: avoid players from shiotty offenses. HTH. :doublethumbsup:

Couldn't disagree more; the fact that he is a big-play guy means he doesn't need 20 carries a game to produce. Bottom line: he should have busted at least one long run by now. He hasn't. Blame Fat Idiot Russell, blame the system, blame whoever/whatever you want, but it doesn't look like its going to happen for DMAC this year. It pains me to say it but its true.

I don't have any Raiders on either of my teams. That is not a coincidence. FF is not rocket science, although we often overcomplicate it. The lesson is: avoid players from shiotty offenses.

McFadden's average draft position wasn't very high. When you get to those later rounds and can still find a starting RB...eh, you have to take it, bad offense or not.

Couldn't disagree more; the fact that he is a big-play guy means he doesn't need 20 carries a game to produce. Bottom line: he should have busted at least one long run by now. He hasn't. Blame Fat Idiot Russell, blame the system, blame whoever/whatever you want, but it doesn't look like its going to happen for DMAC this year. It pains me to say it but its true.

Well opposing defenses can stack the box against him... I mean, the opposition could run a FG block formation and leave all the receivers uncovered and Jamarcus would still manage to miss them...

Get rid of McFadden before he plays Houston. Genius!

If you want to sell, take the low risk of a bad game against a bad D and sell him higher next week.

Well opposing defenses can stack the box against him... I mean, the opposition could run a FG block formation and leave all the receivers uncovered and Jamarcus would still manage to miss them...

:rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

one of the funniest posts i've ever read!

I just don't understand why they are not throwing to him. I thought he'd have a ton of receptions and receiving yards. Since, Russell can't throw, they should setup screen plays all day (ie) Westbrook or R. Bush. Give DMC the ball in open space and let him work.

I just don't understand some of these coaches.

Also, DMC is on a bad team but that's no excuse. If you want to be a stud than the team doesn't matter. Ask Barry Sanders.

Bottom line don't dump him yet and hope they throw him the ball more.

I just don't understand why they are not throwing to him. I thought he'd have a ton of receptions and receiving yards. Since, Russell can't throw, they should setup screen plays all day (ie) Westbrook or R. Bush. Give DMC the ball in open space and let him work.

I just don't understand some of these coaches.

Also, DMC is on a bad team but that's no excuse. If you want to be a stud than the team doesn't matter. Ask Barry Sanders.

Bottom line don't dump him yet and hope they throw him the ball more.

The Raiders call a screen to DMac and Jamarcus throws it over his head (when he's only 10 feet away)...truly pathetic.

Russell is a huge bust. The raiders have basically allowed Russell to steal millions from them for doing nothing. If a Qb is stupid and has a bad attitude I think teams should realize the guy will bust. Look at sanchez, flacco, and ryan. All guys with good attitudes and team first approach. They are real QBs, while russell has a bad attitude, no athleticism and a horrible throwing arm. I am telling you all..........the raiders should press charges against russell for theft. The guy is killing RUN DMC...