Sign in to follow this  
Stephen A. Smith On Rush Limbaugh And The Rams...

The NFL is a jew-infested league... the commissioner, look at all the jewey owners...

Arthur Blank, Randy Lerner, Jim Irsay, Stephen M. Ross, Zygi Wilf,

Robert Kraft, Steve Tisch, Weekend at Bernie's Al Davis, Jeffrey Lurie , Chip Rosenbloom,

Malcolm Glazer, Dan Snyder, Art Modell dumba$$ heeb.

Look at jew-infested ESPN...monopolizing the reporting of a jew-infested league...

Chris Berman, Bonnie Bernstein, Linda Cohn, Rich Eisen, Roy Firestone, Hank Goldberg, Doug Gottlieb,

Mike Greenberg, Dana Jacobson, Max Kellerman, Suzy Kolber, Tony Kornheiser, Steve Levy,

Karl Ravech, Scott Reiss, Jim Rome, D1ck Schaap, Jeremy Schaap, Charley Steiner

anyone else employed by JIZZSPN resembles Obongo.

That's enough jewry to start up a lampshade-making business. and what do jeweys do? they're negro-enablers and have been since the 40's. The NFL is nothing more than a negro-lampshade front business. You put those two groups together, that's akin to Al Qaeda.

Bye bye, Rush. :thumbsdown:

It seems your little financial group realizes you're too divisive.

It's wonderful when someone has to pay-the-piper for the things he says.

From Rush's site:

Link

The blogger in question is the list of statements Korben quoted. Rush has thrown down the gauntlet; I have no idea if he actually said them or not, but I guess we'll find out. :thumbsup:

From the link:

RUSH: Folks, also, I don't know what to do today. I really don't know what to do. The audio sound bite roster is, again, 95% about me. The reason for my indecision here is that -- well, I've talked to you about this before. People lob attacks at you and when you respond to them they think, a-ha, we've hit home runs here. There's so many outrageous, fabricated lies. There is a genuine full-fledged smear campaign being orchestrated by liberal sportswriters and picked up by other liberals in the State-Controlled Media that it's breathtaking.

As I stated before. I have no problem with Rush being an owner. And I find the fact that the other owners have a say in who owns another franchise, kind of shady to begin with.

But I find it hilarious that Rush is complaining about lies and a smear campaign by liberal sportswriters. The guy has made millions doing the exact same thing from the right. Karma. Better luck next time Rush. :wave:

But I find it hilarious that Rush is complaining about lies and a smear campaign by liberal sportswriters. The guy has made millions doing the exact same thing from the right. Karma. Better luck next time Rush. :thumbsup:

Link?

From the link:

As I stated before. I have no problem with Rush being an owner. And I find the fact that the other owners have a say in who owns another franchise, kind of shady to begin with.

But I find it hilarious that Rush is complaining about lies and a smear campaign by liberal sportswriters. The guy has made millions doing the exact same thing from the right. Karma. Better luck next time Rush. :wave:

At least you acknowledge that the most of the "racism" stuff was fabricated and part of a smear campaign. You don't like the guy so you call it Karma. I can at least get that part. :thumbsup:

It's the trolls that keep posting/believing the lies (even spread them), pretend to be all PC, and can't think for themselves that irk the hell out of me.

I do think you are grossly over-exaggerating the bolded statement though.

Let's take the who out of the equation. Let's take the Democrat vs. Republican ideology out of it. Let's make up an analogous story to help.

Let's say Wiffleball (closes person in terms of personality to Rush I can think of) want's to buy a house from a lender. We will say Bank of America.

RP, Flahawker, Gettenhuge, surferskin, KSB, and a host of others who generally disagree with Wiffleball's political veiws decide this is a good time to go after Wiffle personally (instead of just arguing politics). So we make up a bunch of lies about how Wiffleball cheats his taxes. How he has defaulted on loans before. We make up fake people to come out and say that Wiffle owes them money. Not only that we send mass emails to BoA saying what a bad guy Wiffleball is and that we will stop banking with BoA if they give him a home loan. We tell them that we will march on the front lawns of the BoA headquarters.

Of course the truth is that Wiffleball has good job, will payback his home loan, and is actually a good candidate for the home loan. However BoA decides not to give it to him because of all the 'bad press' and smear campaign.

Then RP, Flahawker, and the rest all jump up and down and says:

Bye bye, Wiffle.

It seems the Banks realizes you're too divisive.

It's wonderful when someone has to pay-the-piper for the things he says.

Would you not say that was complete and utter bullshit? I would and it's not because I like or dislike Wiffleball. It's because it's fundamentaly wrong, whiney, and bullshit.

And just look how it's being reported now. Completely made up quotes start a ground swell that Limbaugh is the biggest racist in the country. Reporters learn that these quotes were completely fabricated and then they just say the quotes can't be verified. Then they say, despite not having confirmation that these quotes were accurate, Limbaugh has still said some pretty controversial things (TRANSLATION: he's still a racist). :wacko:

they just say the quotes can't be verified

Considering Rush is one of the most scrutinized people of the last 15 years. Considering everything he says is on record (the airwaves). One would think these people would just supply the tapes (in context) of all these racist quotes. But they can't.

But ditto heads keep saying it (he's a racist) over and over again. It blows my mind.

And just look how it's being reported now. Completely made up quotes start a ground swell that Limbaugh is the biggest racist in the country. Reporters learn that these quotes were completely fabricated and then they just say the quotes can't be verified. Then they say, despite not having confirmation that these quotes were accurate, Limbaugh has still said some pretty controversial things (TRANSLATION: he's still a racist). :wacko:

Can you deny that he's said enough controversial and devisive things (not necessarily even things that can be interpreted as racist) throughout his career that the NFL wants no part of him? I mean, really, it doesn't take much. Hell, he got canned for the McNabb comment, so you know the tolerance for controversy in NFL circles is pretty low.

Hell, he got canned for the McNabb comment, so you know the tolerance for controversy in NFL circles is pretty low.

Agreed. This is the league that repeatedly fines players for celebrating TDs and makes teams lose games because a player accidentally takes his helmet off on the field. Even Limbaugh would have been a step up from these retarded clowns with their clown rules.

Considering Rush is one of the most scrutinized people of the last 15 years. Considering everything he says is on record (the airwaves). One would think these people would just supply the tapes (in context) of all these racist quotes. But they can't.

But ditto heads keep saying it (he's a racist) over and over again. It blows my mind.

You're right. Rush IS one of the most scrutinized people in teh country. He's made millions and millions of dollars by saying things to be provative and outrageous. He is the Howard Stern of politics. nothing more, nothing less.

He is now being held accountable for his viewpoints and the things that he says. For one time, instead of the attention bringing him more ratings (and more money), they are costing him an investment opportunity. Boo hoo.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

If it's any consolation, his ratings should skyrocket this week as people (even some liberals) will tune in to hear him fake outrage.

So basically, the people who stood up and cried the loudest, called him names, have made him a much richer man by giving him TONS more publicity. All of which was free. Rush would like to thank all the whiney puzzays out there. :wacko:

Rush would like to thank all the whiney puzzays out there. :wacko:

except that he's crying like a baby about it. HTH

except that he's crying like a baby about it. HTH

And who gave him the stage to be able to play the victim card? Dumbasses like you. :wacko:

Link?

Here is a typical lie and fake quote:

Rush Limbaugh falsely stated that President Obama said "that we all must learn to live within our means and not expect the values of our homes to go up 10, 20 percent over our lifetimes ever again," later adding, "This is what I mean by him talking down the economy." In fact, Obama said that we should "not assume that housing prices are going to go up 20, 30, 40 percent every year"

http://mediamatters.org/research/200902190019

Here is his typical smear:

On the July 21 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Rush Limbaugh claimed that Sen. Barack Obama "is not a great thinker" but rather a "believer" and asserted that Obama has been "indoctrinated at his schools" to believe "that the United States is at root responsible for the way we are treated and seen by those who hate us." Limbaugh added: "It's a form of self-loathing, ladies and gentlemen -- not of himself, of course, 'cause he's the messiah -- but in the aggregate self-loathing of nation, the kind of self-loathing of America that the left here and in Europe embraces. And that's why they love Obama -- because he loathes America. He blames America. America's responsible for all that's wrong in the world."

I don't really believe Rush is a racist ( I think he tries to appeal to racist Americans to support his agenda) and I don't believe Obama hates America. I do hate the way guys like Rush try to get the ignorant to listen to his dribble. The guy is bright but in my mind he has hurt his cause by going over the edge. He may have a loyal army of followers but those people were already on his side. He has turned off the people who are on the fence on a lot of issues by tailoring his message to the ignorant.

I'm not going to link everything, you can just google it but at various times he has called Obama "An Arab" and questioned his citizenship. Blah blah blah. Even if he was an arab it should not have mattered but Limbaugh was trying to appeal to the worst fears and bigotry of American society. Yes, I do not like the guy for these reasons. I think he is BAD and divisive for America but he did not break any laws so he should be able to buy an NFL team if he is qualified.

He's made millions and millions of dollars by saying things to be provative and outrageous. He is the Howard Stern of politics. nothing more, nothing less.

Honest question. Do you say this because this is what you have been told by others and read on quotes? Or have you actually listened to the show?

And who gave him the stage to be able to play the victim card? Dumbasses like you. :wacko:

Rush, along with you and your ilk, have been playing the victim card since the election. What's changing now?

Rush, along with you and your ilk, have been playing the victim card since the election. What's changing now?

You could have just saved some time and said "I know you are but what am I" instead.

And who gave him the stage to be able to play the victim card? Dumbasses like you. :overhead:

and the NFL Commissioner, and the owner of the Colts, and the leader of the very group of investors that dumped Rush, and..... etc.

Sane people in other words.

and the NFL Commissioner, and the owner of the Colts, and the leader of the very group of investors that dumped Rush, and..... etc.

Of course the poor, picked-on Republicans want to make this a political issue, but this is no different than when Al Campanis got run out of baseball and when Jimmy The Greek was fired from football commentating. These major sports leagues do not want to be involved with anyone who can even be remotely perceived as a racist. It's the same reason he was fired from ESPN.

You are obviously not understanding the point. We understand WHY Rush was dumped from the investor group. It was bad for business for the NFL. No shit sherlock. They are a very PC organization and they didn't need the bad press. We get it, and understand.

We get "why". We are just saying the "why" is mainly based on lies from a smear campaign perpetuated by ditto heads like yourself who still refuse to acknowledge the fallacy. Therefore we roll our collective eyes and call bullshit.

You are obviously not understanding the point.

You are obviously wanting to slide your cack into Rush's fat folds and splooge all over him while he grinds up oxycontin for the two of you to snort while lying in bed afterwards and trying to convince him you're the best of his legion of Brown Shirt lovers.

Honest question. Do you say this because this is what you have been told by others and read on quotes? Or have you actually listened to the show?

I have heard him on the radio for brief periods when turning the dial. My friends father used to drive us back and forth to school many years ago and he used to listen to Rush on the way home. But I have read stuff about him and I basically get my news from the internet, so I have heard this stuff on clips. I posted a couple above. I don't think you can say that this is taken out of context. the clips are long enough so that you can see where he is coming from. In one he totally misquotes an Obama quote and changes the wording and then bashes him for it. So he did lie and then continued the lie. Maybe he apologized later in the show and I missed it but I doubt it.

I have heard him on the radio for brief periods when turning the dial. My friends father used to drive us back and forth to school many years ago and he used to listen to Rush on the way home. But I have read stuff about him and I basically get my news from the internet, so I have heard this stuff on clips. I posted a couple above. I don't think you can say that this is taken out of context. the clips are long enough so that you can see where he is coming from. In one he totally misquotes an Obama quote and changes the wording and then bashes him for it. So he did lie and then continued the lie. Maybe he apologized later in the show and I missed it but I doubt it.

I applaud you for at least thinking for yourself, but I looked at your post above and I'm still trying to figure out how that makes Rush a "racist" or what it has to do with all those fabricated racist quotes that created the ground swell the past week. :overhead:

You are obviously not understanding the point. We understand WHY Rush was dumped from the investor group. It was bad for business for the NFL. No shit sherlock. They are a very PC organization and they didn't need the bad press. We get it, and understand.

We get "why". We are just saying the "why" is mainly based on lies from a smear campaign perpetuated by ditto heads like yourself who still refuse to acknowledge the fallacy. Therefore we roll our collective eyes and call bullshit.

I've actually listened to him quite a bit. It's pretty much schtick, appealing to peoples' fears that the country will go down the tubes unless a conservative agenda is adhered to. He knows what gets the ratings and that's what he does. The best I can say about him is that he's at least more entertaining than Glenn Beck or Mike Gallagher or Laura Ingraham.

If you want to listen to a well-thought-out, rational conservative viewpoint that doesn't (most of the time) stray to the lowest common denominator, listen to Michael Medved.

You are obviously wanting to slide your cack into Rush's fat folds and splooge all over him while he grinds up oxycontin for the two of you to snort while lying in bed afterwards and trying to convince him you're the best of his legion of Brown Shirt lovers.

Is this where I say: "I'm rubber and you are glue what you say bounces off me and sticks to you! Nana nana boo boo!@#!" :overhead:

I've actually listened to him quite a bit. It's pretty much schtick, appealing to peoples' fears that the country will go down the tubes unless a conservative agenda is adhered to. He knows what gets the ratings and that's what he does. The best I can say about him is that he's at least more entertaining than Glenn Beck or Mike Gallagher or Laura Ingraham.

If you want to listen to a well-thought-out, rational conservative viewpoint that doesn't (most of the time) stray to the lowest common denominator, listen to Michael Medved.

I'm not looking for a radio person to listen too. I just wanted to know if Newbie actually knows of what he speaks. I wanted to know if he has heard all these "crazy" and "racist" things or if he is just a ditto head perpetuating made up quotes from bloggers.

You have actually listened to him and you called it. He is an entertaining political radio host that is an arch-Conservative and has strong opinions in the political arena. Big focking deal? Doesn't change that the smear campaign and outright lies that came out the past week was bullshit. At least acknowledge that much. :overhead:

Of course the poor, picked-on Republicans want to make this a political issue, but this is no different than when Al Campanis got run out of baseball and when Jimmy The Greek was fired from football commentating. These major sports leagues do not want to be involved with anyone who can even be remotely perceived as a racist. It's the same reason he was fired from ESPN.

I hate to tell you this but you and your ilk started this cryfest with Rush and the only thing it has acomplished is to give him more publicity which is what you were afraid of in the first place. Congrads on being stupid hacks. :thumbsup:

I'm not looking for a radio person to listen too. I just wanted to know if Newbie actually knows of what he speaks. I wanted to know if he has heard all these "crazy" and "racist" things or if he is just a ditto head perpetuating made up quotes from bloggers.

Of course, Newbie has never actually listened to his show. You're talking about the guy that gets his news exclusively at fantasy football message boards.

You have actually listened to him and you called it. He is an entertaining political radio host that is an arch-Conservative and has strong opinions in the political arena. Big focking deal? Doesn't change that the smear campaign and outright lies that came out the past week was bullshit. At least acknowledge that much. :thumbsup:

I agree with you. I actually said that I think the failed bid has less to do with racist remarks and more to do with just a general air of controversy surrounding him. But you're right. People fabricated stuff up and mixed it in with stuff he actually said in an attempt to derail his bid to buy part of the Rams.

Do I care? Not really. You seem pretty fired up about it, though.

I do find his contention that it's part of a liberal agenda laughable, because if I had to hazard a guess as to the political leanings of a bunch of billionaires, I'd say they skew conservative, and I haven't heard of any of them politicking to get him in the club.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharn...edia-lynch-mob/

Which public figure can be quoted as having said something bigoted and disgusting and it doesn’t matter whether he did or not because he might have? Who can Big Media brand a racist without checking the facts? Who has to prove he did not say something racist, rather than the accuser proving he did?

A pat on the back for anyone who guessed the answer: Rush Limbaugh (OK, the blog headline was a clue). From CNN to MSNBC to ABC, it’s been put about that Limbaugh said this:

I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

It’s also been spread around that he said this, about the death of the man who assassinated Martin Luther King:

You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honour? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

Here’s CNN’s Rick Sanchez baldly stating at the 1.14 point that Limbaugh made the slavery comment:

Trouble is, he didn’t say either of these outrageous things. And it wasn’t difficult to check, as protein wisdom shows here. They originated from, er, Wikipedia and Wikiquotes. Both quotes ended up in this book - a hit job that doesn’t cite any sources. They’re also included in this internet list posted a year ago and endlessly ripped off ever since.

The irony is, of course, that the people reporting this as fact are the same types who are always denouncing bloggers and the internet as forces of evil intent on destroying proper journalism – proper journalism being the kind that involves checking facts. In the case of Rush Limbaugh, however, it seems to be enough that the intention (i.e. to show the talk radio host is a racist) is considered pure.

Even those who have been primary movers in spreading these malicious falsehoods – which would lead to payouts of hundreds of thousands in British libel courts if lawsuits were ever filed there – are brazenly unapologetic.

Thus, St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bryan Burwell pens this column containing the slavery quote and then follows up with another column with a kind-of-sort-of-well-not-really-at-all mea culpa in which he states that the quote seemed “so in character with the many things that Limbaugh has said before that we didn’t verify it beyond the book”.

OK, so it sounded right and it was on the internet or in a book or something so it was fine to just go ahead and print it as stone-cold fact without any attribution? I wonder which journalism school teaches that?

And Burwell caps it off by implying – nudge, nudge, wink, wink – that Limbaugh’s really lying: “Fine, let’s play along for the time being and take him at his word that he was inaccurately quoted in the Huberman book.” I’m no fan of British libel laws but, again, if that had been printed in the UK it would have led to a hefty payout for aggravated damages.

Limbaugh is, understandably, on the war path because the smear of racism is one is very, very difficult to wipe clean:

When race is brought into it, that you can’t let stand. I mean, if you, if people are trying to destroy your reputation and your credibility, your life, and your career by attacking you as a racist, then you have to stand up and, like that.

Now we are in the process behind the scenes working to get apologies and retractions, with the force of legal action, against every journalist who has published these entirely fabricated quotes about me, slavery, and James Earl Ray.

I never said them. We have tracked them. We know where they came from. We don’t know the identity, but we know where they came from – a single blogger who posted the stuff on my Wikipedia page and Wikiquotes, unsourced.

Wikipedia says, ‘Well, this is in dispute.’ It’s not in dispute. They were never uttered. I never said them. And I’ve even told reporters I never said them.

As Mark Steyn points out, in this instance it’s for Limbaugh to prove the negative – an impossible task. And Dan Calebrese asks why if Limbaugh really is a racist then it takes bogus quotes to “prove” that he is?

What’s the term for those who are setting about “racist” Rush Limbaugh right now? Ironically, it seems to be “lynch mob”. And they’ve succeeded – word is that Limbaugh’s been dropped from the consortium seeking to buy the St Louis Rams.

Hard to argue with this. :thumbsup:

I hate to tell you this but you and your ilk started this cryfest with Rush and the only thing it has acomplished is to give him more publicity which is what you were afraid of in the first place. Congrads on being stupid hacks. :thumbsup:

And why do I care if he has lots of listeners? :thumbsup: Bottom line is, he tried to get out of his little radio booth where he is revered by half the country and despised by the rest and into the real world or serious business. He got bitchslapped back into his booth.

It's the second time he tried going mainstream and failed miserably. :overhead:

And you're right, ratings will be huge for a short while. His knob-slobberers will be listening as usual, and the rest of us might tune in just to hear him suffer, b!tch, and moan. No different than if Brock Lesner was fighting a grizzly bear. I might actually pay for a UFC event, just to watch an asswhole get his come-uppance. :music_guitarred:

And Dan Calebrese asks why if Limbaugh really is a racist then it takes bogus quotes to “prove” that he is?

Gee, what an idea... Too bad the MSM can't figure this out...

And why do I care if he has lots of listeners? :thumbsup: Bottom line is, he tried to get out of his little radio booth where he is revered by half the country and despised by the rest and into the real world or serious business. He got bitchslapped back into his booth.

It's the second time he tried going mainstream and failed miserably. :thumbsup:

And you're right, ratings will be huge for a short while. His knob-slobberers will be listening as usual, and the rest of us might tune in just to hear him suffer, b!tch, and moan. No different than if Brock Lesner was fighting a grizzly bear. I might actually pay for a UFC event, just to watch an asswhole get his come-uppance. :music_guitarred:

Obviously you care, you have a continual cryfest about him. Link to him trying to get out of doing radio?

Why would he leave radio for a minority stake in an NFL team? Is this what knuckledraggers like keith oberland tell you to think? You should really learn to think for yourself.

Whether you like Rush or hate him. This is more about the larger issue of the blurred line between the internet (bloggers) where the 'news' does not have to be substantiated or due dilligence performed and the actual news media where it should. That line is being blurred more and more regardless of your political ideology. It's a problem and one of the reason you can't even believe what you read or see on any news item. No matter the news outlet.

Therefore it's up to the public. You can either perpetuate the lies by posting them on message boards and saying it over and over again with your head in the sand (Hi Korben Dallas, Newbie, and MDC ) :wave:

OR the public and actual journalists can think for themselves instead of blindly quoting bloggers and wikipedia as fact.

Obviously you care, you have a continual cryfest about him. Link to him trying to get out of doing radio?

Why would he leave radio for a minority stake in an NFL team? Is this what knuckledraggers like keith oberland tell you to think? You should really learn to think for yourself.

Haven't heard a word Olberman has said since his Sportscenter days. I've actually listened to Hannity and Limbaugh (when the Iraq war was getting underway) way more than I've ever listened to any liberal stations.

Some people actually form their own opinions. Try it sometime. :wave:

Whether you like Rush or hate him. This is more about the larger issue of the blurred line between the internet (bloggers) where the 'news' does not have to be substantiated or due dilligence performed and the actual news media where it should. That line is being blurred more and more regardless of your political ideology. It's a problem and one of the reason you can't even believe what you read or see on any news item. No matter the news outlet.

Therefore it's up to the public. You can either perpetuate the lies by posting them on message boards and saying it over and over again with your head in the sand (Hi Korben Dallas, Newbie, and MDC ) :wave:

OR the public and actual journalists can think for themselves instead of blindly quoting bloggers and wikipedia.

The Internet is really only good for fantasy football and porn.

For those reasons alone, I think you have to give props to Al Gore, yes?

I applaud you for at least thinking for yourself, but I looked at your post above and I'm still trying to figure out how that makes Rush a "racist" or what it has to do with all those fabricated racist quotes that created the ground swell the past week. :wave:

Where did i say he was a racist? where did i say that i ever believed those fabricated quotes? I just threw my 2 cents in on Rush Limbaugh and his quest to buy a team. I just found it ironic that he is complaining about the same things that he is guilty of.

I listen to every word Olberman says so I can repeat it here and make a fool of myself everyday. seriously, what else do I have to do?

Some people actually form their own opinions. I am not one of those people.

At least you are honest :wave: