Sign in to follow this  
Cstriker

miles austin

Can you really trust the coaching staff and tony romo to target this kid on a regular basis to get any kind of consistency out of him?

By consitency i mean 50+ yds TD most weeks.

He caught the coaching staffs eye and they said they are gonna get him on the feild more. That's all you can ask for. But who knows about consistency. Only the stud WR's can be count on to bring it every week, and even they lay eggs. But Austin should be owned in all leagues that's for sure.

Can you really trust the coaching staff and tony romo to target this kid on a regular basis to get any kind of consistency out of him?

No. this is one week. he may not have near the targets in coming weeks.

as a Cowboys fan, i love to see Austin have a big game. but, he has been injury prone and can disappear at times. he also dropped a TD and could have hauled in another that was off his fingertips.

i hope this is Austin's break out party, i really do. but i'm not ready to break out the confetti and champagne just yet.

He is the only legitimate speed guy dallas has and we saw how the field opened up when miles got the start. Romo played better with miles as well. The dallas media has gone on record as saying that miles will be on the field more.

Translation: Crayton and Roy will lose some playing time to allow miles to be out there more.

15 targets that is the # you need to see.......the most williams has had in a game this year 7.....Tony trust him so he will be in there and its a matter of who slides into the #3 spot.....

I love how everyone jumps on the bandwagon of players who have had 1 breakout, great game. You all did it last week with the Cle WR, how'd that turn out?

Please look over the last few years for the Cowboys and see what consistency they had at WR. You'll find T.O and Witten were consistent and no one else was. Now without T.O, Witten isn't even consistent and now you plan on clinging onto Austin in hopes that he'll keep putting up numbers? Run first offense, Roy will be back after the bye and Crayton will likely be #2 still. They may run some more 3WR formation, but nothing that will help Austin put up great numbers. Expect 1 or 2, at the most 3 more solid games from now on. Other than that, look at Crayton and that will be Austin's production numbers for the most part.

I forgot to mention that they did just play the Chiefs. That secondary = bad.

I love how everyone jumps on the bandwagon of players who have had 1 breakout, great game. You all did it last week with the Cle WR, how'd that turn out?

Please look over the last few years for the Cowboys and see what consistency they had at WR. You'll find T.O and Witten were consistent and no one else was. Now without T.O, Witten isn't even consistent and now you plan on clinging onto Austin in hopes that he'll keep putting up numbers? Run first offense, Roy will be back after the bye and Crayton will likely be #2 still. They may run some more 3WR formation, but nothing that will help Austin put up great numbers. Expect 1 or 2, at the most 3 more solid games from now on. Other than that, look at Crayton and that will be Austin's production numbers for the most part.

I forgot to mention that they did just play the Chiefs. That secondary = bad.

i for one am not sold he will be great but i will say that 15 targets twice any amount that roy has had shows trust is there with tony.......as far as playing the chiefs i love how people point that out......name any wr that played against them this season with 250 yards? or 200 yards....or even 150?

i for one am not sold he will be great but i will say that 15 targets twice any amount that roy has had shows trust is there with tony.......as far as playing the chiefs i love how people point that out......name any wr that played against them this season with 250 yards? or 200 yards....or even 150?

WTH is that even supposed to mean? It doesn't matter, the fact is, is that Dallas's offense is just average, at least when it comes to their passing game it is. Roy was just injured and out for that game and sure he doesn't take many looks from others away, but it still takes some. What's Dallas going to do against better defenses? Where was Romo looking when he had Miles Austin open twice on the last 2 plays of the Denver game? He didn't.

This is the same Miles Austin that broke out in the Green Bay game two years ago that people that, "OMG should I pick him up?!?". Look at what he did after that? Not to mention, the guy has shown that he's injury prone.

Good luck with him though.

While I think we should all temper our enthusiasm he has a chance to be a nice player this year. The Cowboys badly need his speed to open up the field for Witten and the running game.

Roy most likely will still be the best producer of the WR's but something does'nt look right about him this year, did he gain a bunch of weight or something? He looks much bigger this year than in the past and his once solid speed seems to be completely gone. With a leaky defense the Cowboys will be forced to pass quite a bit this year and IF he stays healthy Austin should put up some fairly nice numbers. Dont go overboard on him but if he's on the WW and you have a spot to put him I would nab him.

Somebody dropped him in my dynasty league last week so I picked him up, just did'nt have the balls to start him over Dwayne Bowe.

And yes players have had almost 150 on the Chiefs:

Week 1: Clayton 5 catches 77 yards 1 TD

Week 2: Watkins 1 catch 28 yards (Raiders suck lol)

Week 3: Desean Jackson 6 catches 149 yards 1 TD

Week 4: Steve Smith 11 catches 134 yards 2 TD

So it looks to me like WR's have some pretty nice success against the Chiefs defense, especially if they have a somewhat average QB who's capable of making good throws. Sounds to me like you need to pick up the WR who's going up against KC every week rather than Austin.

That's almost 550 yards that the Chiefs have given up to 3 different WRs in the last 3 games.

But Miles Austin is AWESOME! :music_guitarred:

Should we really judge people about how well they do against the Chiefs? Look at Austin's previous games.. He is a good player with decent talent but let's withhold judgement for right now.. Look at the kid for the Browns last week... how did he do this week? Exactly.

WTH is that even supposed to mean? It doesn't matter, the fact is, is that Dallas's offense is just average, at least when it comes to their passing game it is. Roy was just injured and out for that game and sure he doesn't take many looks from others away, but it still takes some. What's Dallas going to do against better defenses? Where was Romo looking when he had Miles Austin open twice on the last 2 plays of the Denver game? He didn't.

This is the same Miles Austin that broke out in the Green Bay game two years ago that people that, "OMG should I pick him up?!?". Look at what he did after that? Not to mention, the guy has shown that he's injury prone.

Good luck with him though.

You might want to see the actual facts:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Total Offense: 1. Dallas Cowboys

Passing Offense: 8. Dallas Cowboys

Rushing Offense: 3. Dallas Cowboys

You might want to see the actual facts:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

Total Offense: 1. Dallas Cowboys

Passing Offense: 8. Dallas Cowboys

Rushing Offense: 3. Dallas Cowboys

You are falling into the trap of using statistics to grade offenses.

Keep in mind that the Cowboys schedule so far has been:

Sun, Sept 13 @ Tampa Bay (FOX) Noon W 34-21

Sun, Sept 20 NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC) Sponsored by MILLER 7:15 PM L 33-31

Mon, Sept 28 CAROLINA (ESPN, TXA 21) Sponsored by FORD 7:30 PM W 21-7

Sun, Oct 4 @ Denver (FOX) 3:15 PM L 17-10

Sun, Oct 11 @ Kansas City (FOX

Teams can build up stats against Tampa, Carolina, and Kansas City. Those are 3 of the worst defenses in the league. They had a good game against NY but fell flat against Denver.

Just because they rank high doesn't make them a great offense. Their O-line is not good and their play is mediocre at best.

I hate band wagon threads as much as the next guy. Notice how my thread did'nt start with a " fock yea :shocking: " ?

Austin has been touted long enough to warrant taking a closer look at. They locked him up when he was a free agent. Tells me that they are trying to give him the starting job, and its his for taking if he had a good game or two. Guess what, he just did.

I am keeping my expectations in check. If i pick him up he will be on my bench until he earns a starter spot by being consistent. And yes if he were to have a 2nd big game in the next 3 weeks , i would consider him to start.

<===homer who has been following austin's career.

he has a ton of athletic ability, but his big knock is concentration and route running discipline. these two things are the biggest contributors to consistency in a WR.

in addition, he doesn't seem to understand the nuances of the position as well as some other guys, including crayton. if austin had crayton's football sense, he would be a serious threat.

in all, he's a guy who flashed some very good things, but it would be silly to bandwagon the guy. worth a roster spot? yes, as a 4th or 5th WR. but let's see how well he is integrated after the bye week (which comes at a very opportune time for him). honestly, i think he might have made a case for starting outside WR, moving crayton to 3WR, but we'll have to see.

<===homer who has been following austin's career.

he has a ton of athletic ability, but his big knock is concentration and route running discipline. these two things are the biggest contributors to consistency in a WR.

in addition, he doesn't seem to understand the nuances of the position as well as some other guys, including crayton. if austin had crayton's football sense, he would be a serious threat.

in all, he's a guy who flashed some very good things, but it would be silly to bandwagon the guy. worth a roster spot? yes, as a 4th or 5th WR. but let's see how well he is integrated after the bye week (which comes at a very opportune time for him). honestly, i think he might have made a case for starting outside WR, moving crayton to 3WR, but we'll have to see.

Exactly, I hope and expect that any looking to pick him up are nabbing him as their #4 or 5. I do think he is worth a look based on potential but I would'nt go dropping somebody good for him. You pick him up and keep your expectations in check and you might be pleasantly surprised, if he bombs then no harm no foul.

Teams can build up stats against Tampa, Carolina, and Kansas City. Those are 3 of the worst defenses in the league. They had a good game against NY but fell flat against Denver.

Just because they rank high doesn't make them a great offense. Their O-line is not good and their play is mediocre at best.

You say Denver has a bad defense but the stats say the Denver Defense is 2nd best in the league. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1 I'll go by the stats and not people's opinions.

So it looks to me like WR's have some pretty nice success against the Chiefs defense, especially if they have a somewhat average QB who's capable of making good throws. Sounds to me like you need to pick up the WR who's going up against KC every week rather than Austin.

That's almost 550 yards that the Chiefs have given up to 3 different WRs in the last 3 games.

But Miles Austin is AWESOME! :pointstosky:

WOW close........ok and where would you put Jackson and smith among wrs??????? since they were the only ones close......also He hit 250 not 150 ....but i am not an owner of his but Wade did say today that he will be on the field not just in 3 wr sets .... but really as many yards as Philly put up they didnt have a guy go over 150 yards?????? but dude you must of lost the game because you played against him.....its alright dude.......I am not saying he will be the next jerry rice or hell even roy williams.....but it is a good sign for cowboys.....also 15 targets the most Roy has had is 7 dude.....also the play in denver was called to that side to hurd a slant and since you know so much you should know romo down there inside the 5 didnt have time to look at all his progressions.........

i agree as a cowboy fan the schedule has not been the greatest or hardest other then going against 2 teams that are 5-0....that let me remind you they took down to the last second......the problem is that they dont have a coach that will hold them accountable.....so i as a cowboy fan am worn down because of wade but dont mistake the fact that they could of and should of beat the giants and broncos......that being said they deserved to lose both those games too........good luc to anybody that picks up austin i Hope the cowboys have found the receiver........per chris carter he thinks austin has what it takes and coaches have told him they like him as well........

I played college ball with miles at monmouth. He did some really ridiculous things in college, seems like he can come down with anything. Just pure athletic ability, he is someone who can make the plays when given a chance to.

Thank you for saving me the trouble of having to write a huge reply to Gepetto lol.

The guy isn't too bright. Dallas has 1,297 yards total passing. 353 came against Tampa Bay and 351 came against the Chiefs. Both bad defenses. Those 2 games make up 704 yards of the 1,297. That's 593 yards passing against Giants, Panthers, and Denver. This comes out to 198 yards passing per game in those.

People see what they want to see I guess. And I'm an actual cowboys fan who has watched every game for who knows how long now. I like Miles Austin, but he's not going to become this super threat every game that will turn out good for fantasy teams.

I think we're missing the big point, the Cowboys have struggled offensively and when they see a spark like Miles, they will commit to giving him enough time that it will justify a roster spot. There's a lot of pressure in Big D so when they see a WR break a club record, they're going to put that guy on the field regardless of the Chiefs lackluster D. It was announced today that he'll be on the field for at least half of the plays so we know there are no other Dallas WR's lighting it up, the upside significantly outweighs the downside. For those of you who remember Statistics in college, please apply and then make your own call. :pointstosky:

WOW close........ok and where would you put Jackson and smith among wrs??????? since they were the only ones close......also He hit 250 not 150 ....but i am not an owner of his but Wade did say today that he will be on the field not just in 3 wr sets .... but really as many yards as Philly put up they didnt have a guy go over 150 yards?????? but dude you must of lost the game because you played against him.....its alright dude.......I am not saying he will be the next jerry rice or hell even roy williams.....but it is a good sign for cowboys.....also 15 targets the most Roy has had is 7 dude.....also the play in denver was called to that side to hurd a slant and since you know so much you should know romo down there inside the 5 didnt have time to look at all his progressions.........

Get your head out of your butt and stop making excuses. I'm presenting facts. I didn't play against Miles Austin either retard. Fing go and start him every week and see how well you do. I'll have the last laugh and I guarantee it. I watch every single game and like Miles Austin myself, but there's no way Dallas is going to utilize him enough that he becomes productive for FF owners.

And what does it matter if he didn't go over 150, that's your excuse and reasoning? 250 is a rare things to happen and I'm happy it happened, but to think he's going to keep up putting big numbers is absurd if you actually watch and know the Cowboys and Romo. Kolb against the Chiefs put up 327 yards. And yes genius, Jackson didn't put up 150, but he put up 149 along with Celek's 104. The 2nd best WR to Austin put up 47 yards. So Kolb just spread the ball around more, it's not really hard to see that.

What a **** :pointstosky:

Thank you for saving me the trouble of having to write a huge reply to Gepetto lol.

The guy isn't too bright. Dallas has 1,297 yards total passing. 353 came against Tampa Bay and 351 came against the Chiefs. Both bad defenses. Those 2 games make up 704 yards of the 1,297. That's 593 yards passing against Giants, Panthers, and Denver. This comes out to 198 yards passing per game in those.

People see what they want to see I guess. And I'm an actual cowboys fan who has watched every game for who knows how long now. I like Miles Austin, but he's not going to become this super threat every game that will turn out good for fantasy teams.

You said Dallas' offense is "average". That is not correct at all. They're above average. They're first in the focking league. You can't tell me that offense doesn't put pressure on the D. Especially when everyone's healthy. Also, go fock yourself!

You said Dallas' offense is "average". That is not correct at all. They're above average. They're first in the focking league. You can't tell me that offense doesn't put pressure on the D. Especially when everyone's healthy. Also, go fock yourself!

Reread the focking sentence, I said at least when it comes to their passing game they're average and that is the truth.

Reread the focking sentence, I said at least when it comes to their passing game they're average and that is the truth.

i'm not best pleased with their performance in the passing game this year either, but let's remember that their down games were to the top 2 defenses in the league. they put up 255 on one, and 127 against the other. then again, remember that they hung 250+ yards rushing against the giants, and only had 27 pass attempts. i'd say that they've been a fair bit better than average in the NFL this year in the passing game. even if they only averaged the 198 that you posted, they'd STILL be almost exactly average.

red zone performance, however, has been pretty crappy.

edit: notice that romo is a few yards behind brady, and has a higher QB rating?

But Miles Austin is AWESOME! :thumbsdown:

Were not asking to start him over ANdre Johnson. Were looking at him as a ww pick up to help with the bye's . Take it easy boyeee

You say Denver has a bad defense but the stats say the Denver Defense is 2nd best in the league. http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1 I'll go by the stats and not people's opinions.

I didn't say Denver had a bad defense... I said Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Kansas City had a bad defense. When they played a good defense, like Denver, they fell flat. Re-read my post. That is why I wouldn't put to much into offensive team stats. 3 out of their 5 games have been against bad defenses.