Sign in to follow this  
salparadise

Fellow Adrian Peterson owners chime in

I am thinking about trading AD for Fitz and Pierre Thomas.

I want to see what other AD owners think. Adding Fitz and PT would give me great depth, not to mention I have always been worried about AD's health going forward.

What would it take for you to pull the trigger?

If this one guy in my league let me do his sister, I'd give him Peterson, but I have pretty good runningback depth.

I would do that trade yes. Also pick up bell as a handcuff if you want to sleep well at night.

I want to see what other AD owners think. Adding Fitz and PT would give me great depth, not to mention I have always been worried about AD's health going forward.

It'd be tough to ignore that trade proposal, but I'd probably only do that with a weak WR corps. I have Colston, V. Jackson, S. Moss, and N. Burleson, so I probably wouldn't do that trade.

I understand ur durability questions regarding AP, but Pierre has to be more of an injury risk at this point in his career, and Fitz' production is somewhat dependent on Warner's health (and the Madden Curse). Talent wise and potential wise it seems like a decent trade, but I personally probably wouldn't pull the trigger.

I tried to get him! I offered Dwill/Wayne/Campbell for AP/Colston. Granted not a great trade for AP but the AP owner has RB and QB bye issues coming up so I tried to take advantage but he denied me.

I've had an offer of Gore/R. White for AP. I'll probably do it since I'm real weak at WR and have AP, Forte, S. Morris and Caddy right now. Gore, Forte, S. Morris and Caddy wouldn't be much of a step down and it would really help my WR situation. I told him I wouldn't until Gore was healthy and he was fine with that.

i'm not sure if you're talkin Dynasty league or just a redraft.... big time difference...

Redraft I'd move him if my team could use an upgrade somewhere, but a Dynasty I wouldn't move him for nuttin unless I was really hurting and needed to totally rebuild... I recently turned down Drew Brees, Kevin Smith, Dwayne Bowe and a 1st rounder for him and Chester... Yeah i may be nuts, but the guy is a purple beast and he'll be having those Tomlinson/Priest/Alexander fantasy type years very soon....

No other player or combo of players could get me to trade away AP. I'll consider travel packages, large bundles of cash, or maybe a personal chef.

I get offers for ADP every week...prolly 10 or 12 so far. I don't think I would trade him, but you never say never.

My teams are usually pretty deep. The whole point of having a stacked roster or depth is to deal it and upgrade your starters. My default eval on any trade is 'who ended up with the best player'? So I have a strong bias about letting him go.

The other problem for me is I hate 2 for 1s or 3 for 2s or whatevs. If I take 2 or 3 and give up one less player, then I have to cut someone...and I'm not one to keep fat on my roster. Repeating my first point, lopsided deals generally mean I'm giving up the best player.

Can't help the OP evaluate what it will take to get it done, but I'm pretty sure I am not the only ADP owner who would prefer to not deal him regardless of how strong you bring it.

I got AP for Mendy and Moreno.

Safe to assume dynasty or keeper league? If so, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that trade.

It'd be tough to ignore that trade proposal, but I'd probably only do that with a weak WR corps. I have Colston, V. Jackson, S. Moss, and N. Burleson, so I probably wouldn't do that trade.

I understand ur durability questions regarding AP, but Pierre has to be more of an injury risk at this point in his career, and Fitz' production is somewhat dependent on Warner's health (and the Madden Curse). Talent wise and potential wise it seems like a decent trade, but I personally probably wouldn't pull the trigger.

12 teamer

We start 3WR, 2 RBS, and a RB/WR & WR/TE along with a QB and TE

WR's:Calvin, Ochocinco, S. Moss, D. Mason

RB's : AD, Grant, Benson, addai, Chester, coffee

TE: Vernon Davis and Carlson

Peterson is not trade able. You will never get fair value for him. You also need to keep the most dominant RB in the NFL on your team.

12 team, 2 keepers (can't be same position)

I just offered DeAngelo Williams, Ray Rice, and Steve Smith for Adrian Peterson and Donald Driver.

My Roster:

QB - Schaub, Hasselbeck

RB - DeAngelo, Lynch, Rice, Kevin Smith, Ricky Williams, Mendenhall, Maroney

WR - AJ, Steve Smith, Sims-Walker

TE - Olsen, Lewis

His:

QB - Warner, Sanchez

RB - Peterson, LJ, Sproles, Norwood

WR - Calvin, Roddy, Antonio Bryant, Donald Driver

TE - Gonzalez

I kind of think he will take it and frankly I would were I in his position. He has no option at RB#2 or Flex right now. The deal gives him two solid starters at RB and a third WR who can be used as a flex. With a WR corp like that I think he can make it pretty far with those two at RB.

What say you AD owners? Would you pull the trigger if you were him?

Which Steve Smith are we talking? If it's Carolina's I wouldn't do that. Two under performing ex-studs and a RB2 for AP and Driver? No way. Even if it's NYG Smith I don't think I would do that merely based on the fact that it's only been 5 games that he's been performing very well, and I certainly expect him to level off and be a good WR2 for the rest of the year.

If I were him, I would counter with K. Smith, Ray Rice and AJ for AP and Driver.

It's not that the trade you proposed wouldn't help him, it probably would...but I think he can get better value from a different owner perhaps. And I bet that if he's thinking of dealing him, he'll be shopping and seeing what he can get from everyone before he pulls the trigger at all. I know I am.

edit: I am coming from the perspective of PPR since that's what I play...so if it's not PPR I might not counter to get K. Smith. If it's not PPR I would probably counter with DWill, Rice and AJ.

You would be crazy...crazy ....crazy to consider that trade. Why would you want Pierre Thomas who will split carries with Bush and Bell? I was offerred Chris Johnson and R Moss for AP a few weeks back after CJ had his blow up week. So glad I didn't as I had B Marshall on my bench waiting for him to break out. There is very little I would do to give up AP. In case your wondering this is my team (10 team league)

Brady, AP, Addai, Lynch, Mccoy, C Williams, Calvin Johnson, B Marshall, Ocho Cinco, Cooley.

Funny enough, I haven't been offered a single trade for AP (in a 12-man league).

Regardless, I'm not trading him away. Didn't make it through a bye week when I probably could have traded him away (and made it), but I can stay to take one loss on my way to the playoffssss.

Since I am hurt at a QB position, I would trade my AP for a top flight QB like Peyton or Drew Brees and a pretty good RB like Ronnie Brown or Ray Rice.

After both Brown and Rice blew it up... that might be hard to swallow if I were giving up the players. Though, if that person doubts Brown and Rice (and perhaps them splitting carrys :doublethumbsup: ), then you might be able to swing that trade.

i'm not sure if you're talkin Dynasty league or just a redraft.... big time difference...

Redraft I'd move him if my team could use an upgrade somewhere, but a Dynasty I wouldn't move him for nuttin unless I was really hurting and needed to totally rebuild... I recently turned down Drew Brees, Kevin Smith, Dwayne Bowe and a 1st rounder for him and Chester... Yeah i may be nuts, but the guy is a purple beast and he'll be having those Tomlinson/Priest/Alexander fantasy type years very soon....

Frankly, this is an insane overvalue of Peterson.

The guy has a nice start to his season and is injury free. I admit that. But in PPR he won't finish as the #1 RB. He'll be top 10, of course.

Though he remains the best RB in the NFL, he's not the best Fantasy RB, and my guess is that, due to injuries and such (like the absence of a top QB next year), he never will be. He'll never be what LT was, for those four, five or six years. Never.

He is great yes, but not like the untradable, unmatchable LT, when he was catching 100 balls, or scoring a jillion TDs.

Brees, Smith, Bowe and a 1st rounder? - I pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

i'm in an unusually QB heavy league and peterson is only the no. 23 player in my league currently. that said, it's a keeper league (10 out of 15 players).

i'd say i wouldn't deal him, but i would certainly look at the right offers. i'd love to get Andre Johnson, but I wouldn't do that straight up. I couldn't get AJ and David Garrard, but I think I'd do that. His other QB is Favre. Just don't think I'd do that.

I offered Gore, Steve Jackson, Calvin , picks#2 #3 in a 5 guy keeper league, he told me to go lie down.