Sign in to follow this  
kennybanya

Starting Hasselbeck? Over who?

BTW, I just picked up Hass for week 8, when Brady is on a Bye. Im not gonna lie and say that Im not SERIOUSLY considering putting Hass over Brady....prob is if Brady goes for 300 and 3, ill want to hang myself unless Hass goes for 300 and 4.

Yeah, I picked up Hass after week 3 because of that week 8 matchup. While Ten does have pass defense issues this year - and 3 DBs out with injury tomorrow - we also have a crappy weather forecast.

But it wasn't so much matchups or weather I had me considering benching Brady this week. Its just that I have seen every game - and holy cow, he just ain't right. Overthrowing Moss on deep routes, low and behind to Welker on slants, game after game, throw after throw, the guy just doesn't look the same.

I'll probably roll with him every week except his bye, but I really thought he would bounce back quicker.

I'm torn between Hass & Palmer. My gut is telling me Palmer this week, especially with the potential weather situation in Seattle.

I actually picked up Hasselback in my limited roster spot league just so my opponent this week wouldn't play him (he has P. Manning on bye and Favre as #2) but this matchup looks too good to pass up. He's going out in the 1st quarter with a fractured cervix. :pointstosky:

I'm torn between Hass & Palmer. My gut is telling me Palmer this week, especially with the potential weather situation in Seattle.

Same boat... Hass or Palmer. Average rankings say Hass, but his career tells me prepare to be disappointed with mediocre stats. Meanwhile the veteran Palmer seems to be on a playoff-bound mission with the Bengals.

6 1 Brady, Tom NE P TEN 1.5 2 1 2 1 1 5 1 2 1 2

2 Rodgers, Aaron GB DET 1.8 1 3 1 2 10 1 3 1 2 1

31 3 Brees, Drew NO NYG 4.8 3 4 5 4 8 6 5 13 3 3

4 4 McNabb, Donovan PHI P @OAK 5.3 4 2 6 8 4 4 8 7 5 4

3 5 Roethlisberger, Ben PIT CLE 6.4 7 8 4 7 5 3 7 8 7 6

2 6 Schaub, Matt HOU @CIN 6.6 6 12 3 9 15 2 9 5 4 5

5 7 Warner, Kurt ARI @SEA 6.8 10 5 7 3 2 12 2 9 8 10

12 8 Hasselbeck, Matt SEA P ARI 6.8 5 7 11 5 6 8 4 3 10 9

11 9 Ryan, Matt ATL CHI 8.8 11 11 8 10 7 7 10 6 6 15

10 Rivers, Philip SD DEN 8.9 8 6 9 6 9 14 11 12 9 7

14 11 Palmer, Carson CIN P HOU 11.8 14 15 10 13 3 9 9 14 12 13

6 1 Brady, Tom NE P TEN 1.5 2 1 2 1 1 5 1 2 1 2

2 Rodgers, Aaron GB DET 1.8 1 3 1 2 10 1 3 1 2 1

31 3 Brees, Drew NO NYG 4.8 3 4 5 4 8 6 5 13 3 3

4 4 McNabb, Donovan PHI P @OAK 5.3 4 2 6 8 4 4 8 7 5 4

3 5 Roethlisberger, Ben PIT CLE 6.4 7 8 4 7 5 3 7 8 7 6

2 6 Schaub, Matt HOU @CIN 6.6 6 12 3 9 15 2 9 5 4 5

5 7 Warner, Kurt ARI @SEA 6.8 10 5 7 3 2 12 2 9 8 10

12 8 Hasselbeck, Matt SEA P ARI 6.8 5 7 11 5 6 8 4 3 10 9

11 9 Ryan, Matt ATL CHI 8.8 11 11 8 10 7 7 10 6 6 15

10 Rivers, Philip SD DEN 8.9 8 6 9 6 9 14 11 12 9 7

14 11 Palmer, Carson CIN P HOU 11.8 14 15 10 13 3 9 9 14 12 13

What the hell is that?

What the hell is that?

it's an average of weekly rankings from ten fantasy football sites FSN link

I didn't feel like deleting all the numbers. What's important was order of names.

As did I. Make that 4. :thumbsdown:

:lol:

Why did I bench him for Hasslehoff?????

I switched back and forth a few times this week and finally settled on Schaub this morning. Figured it was safer because one awkward hit could end the day for Hasselbeck.

Note to self... don't waffle on Schaub. Just start him. :shocking:

Rodgers averaged 318 yards and threw for 3 TDs in both games against Detroit last year.

Hasselbeck only played Ari once last year throwing for 170 yards and 1 TD.

:wall:

I'm a fking idiot, started Hass over Schaub and I hate Seattle with a passion..

Gonna cost me the game.. That won't happen again..

Me too, started Hass over Schaub. There is always one weekend in the season where I screw up. This was it. arghh

I switched back to Rivers from Hass at the last minute so I would have someone to pull for Monday Night. That strategy usually never turns out good.

Don't blame Seattke for your poor decision making. I have Hass and Schaub and I never for a moment thought about starting Hass. The Hawks have NO OL and Hass is still recovering from a broken rib. Not a good recipe for fantasy success (Yes the Jaguars do suck that bad).

Don't blame Seattke for your poor decision making. I have Hass and Schaub and I never for a moment thought about starting Hass. The Hawks have NO OL and Hass is still recovering from a broken rib. Not a good recipe for fantasy success (Yes the Jaguars do suck that bad).

:shocking:

And yet another Monday morning genius.

This thread was around all last week and went to two pages long, meaning it was bumped quite a bit. Yet, Mr fantasy-genius didn't post one time with his insider advice.

Game ends and he runs here with a "I could have told you that". What a fraud. :doublethumbsup:

Maybe Mike can hire you to do a Monday article about who you should have started and put it on the FFToday home page. That would be very helpful to visitors. Call it "Flawhawker's Day-After Lineup Advice". It'll be a huge attraction. :doublethumbsup:

As long as you're sharing your expertise, should I go with Randy Moss yesterday?

:shocking:

And yet another Monday morning genius.

This thread was around all last week and went to two pages long, meaning it was bumped quite a bit. Yet, Mr fantasy-genius didn't post one time with his insider advice.

Game ends and he runs here with a "I could have told you that". What a fraud. :doublethumbsup:

Maybe Mike can hire you to do a Monday article about who you should have started and put it on the FFToday home page. That would be very helpful to visitors. Call it "Flawhawker's Day-After Lineup Advice". It'll be a huge attraction. :doublethumbsup:

As long as you're sharing your expertise, should I go with Randy Moss yesterday?

Yeah Hasselbeck's broken rib and the Seahawks OL issues were not public information :shocking: Here is more inside info for ya: The Eagles lost to Jamarcus Russell :shocking:

Gotta love it when you trade Brett Favre to an owner two weeks ago and he sits Favre to start Hasselbeck yesterday.

He would have dominated me and now he's losing so fun! The kid is a BC grad so he always starts Hasselchuck.

Yeah Hasselbeck's broken rib and the Seahawks OL issues were not public information :rolleyes: Here is more inside info for ya: The Eagles lost to Jamarcus Russell :lol:

The only thing worse than offering advice and coming in later with an I-told-you so is to offer no advice at all and then come in like some kind of expert. Wow, I'm impressed. Let me try........"Don't start Matt Forte last night. He'll fumble twice on the goal line".......Holy crap! I'm a genius, too.

As for acting like sitting Hasselback was a no-brainer, KFFL had Hasselback ranked #3 on their cheatsheet and CBS Sports had him at #4. I happened to start Brady and keep him on the bench, but I, along with many others, thought he may have been a good option.

You, as evident by your absense from last week's Hasselback-thread, had no idea how he'd do. If so, you would have said something in the thread? Of course, that didn't stop you from popping in after-the-fact to act like a dooshbag.

Also, I traded McNabb last Thurdsay. :pointstosky: :overhead: :music_guitarred:

Yeah, I was high on Hass and recommended him. Missed that one but the thinking was logical. Of course my other option was McNabb and he didn't excactly light it up. Oh well, hopefully Randy and Ray will be enough. Need some love tonight from LT and Marshall.