Sign in to follow this  
desertfire

4 Players that will "blow up" this week

Had a blast with last weeks post and it stirred things up in here a bit.

Last week was not so great but not too bad.

A look back at the four:

Maroney- Not great but did get 40 yds and a td

Fitzpatrick- Again, not great but not bad either. 140 total yds and a td

Steve Smith- 99 yds and one of his best games to date (almost had a long TD, was tripped up after a long gain)

Tomlinson- 71 yds 0 td (maybe his is done after all)

Here's my 4 for this week

#1- Matt Forte- 120 total yds and 2 tds

This guy has really struggled, but I think the Bears have figured out that the more Cutler throws, the worse things get. They must be more balanced if they want to win more games. They simply don't have the receivers to be throwing like they do. This week they will more on Forte.

#2- Steve Slaton- 150 total yds and 1 td

The Bills actually have a pretty good pass defense but there rush defense it terrible. Look for Slaton to find some huge holes this week. In addition, you never know what the whether will be like in Buffalo.

#3- Jason Witten- 90 yds 1 td

Witten has been mediocre this year but I think he'll have a really good game this week vs Seattle.

#4- Malcolm Floyd- 85 yds 1 td

Jackson might struggle against Asomua this week which will open things up for Floyd. I look for Floyd to have one of his best games yet.

Let's see what happens this week.

(For some reason, I have a feeling about Greg Jennings as well.)

I like your picks this week, a lot more than last week! And most of yours were a bust. None of them blew up. Sorry, blow up means, tons of points.

But, I think you can agrue most of these.

I like your picks this week, a lot more than last week! And most of yours were a bust. None of them blew up. Sorry, blow up means, tons of points.

But, I think you can agrue most of these.

You're right, none of them did blow up. Just trying to shake things up a bit on the board. I also enjoy taking risks like this. Let's see what happens.

I enjoyed reading last week's thread, and this is cool too.

I think you actually might get one or two blow-ups this week. :thumbsup:

SLATON! I'm playing the only undefeated team in our league and would obviously LOVE to take him down....and this would certainly help!

A look back at the four:......................................MY COMMENTS LAST WEEK:

Maroney- Not great but did get 40 yds and a td....."I like the way you think here. Again you project at least 1 too many TDs." (You projected 2).

Fitzpatrick- Again, not great but not bad either. 140 total yds and a td ...... "Your projection of 3 TDs is high. I'd expect 1 or 2 TDs with 1 INT."

Steve Smith- 99 yds and one of his best games to date (almost had a long TD, was tripped up after a long gain).....

"I'd like to see him break 100 first."

Tomlinson- 71 yds 0 td (maybe his is done after all)......"He ran with more 'urgency' against Denver than I expected, so he should be a real good play here. What's up with projecting MULTIPLE TDs? You don't have to do it to make your point. You picked some great choices so far, but with the weapons SD has, I'd be safer with one TD here."

#1- Matt Forte- 120 total yds and 2 tds.

This guy has really struggled, but I think the Bears have figured out that the more Cutler throws, the worse things get. They must be more balanced if they want to win more games. They simply don't have the receivers to be throwing like they do. This week they will more on Forte. MY TAKE: Total yds are in ball-park, but NOT the 2 TDs.

#2- Steve Slaton- 150 total yds and 1 td.

The Bills actually have a pretty good pass defense but there rush defense it terrible. Look for Slaton to find some huge holes this week. In addition, you never know what the whether will be like in Buffalo. MY TAKE: I'm betting you are right on with this one!

Witten has been mediocre this year but I think he'll have a really good game this week vs Seattle. MY TAKE: This is very much in line with my projections for him, but I'd knock his yards down a little to about 70-75.

Jackson might struggle against Asomua this week which will open things up for Floyd. I look for Floyd to have one of his best games yet. MY TAKE: very reasonable, I think.

..... MY TAKE: IMO Jennings is a great 'buy low right now. Another great post here!

Hmmmm... three guys who were rated at the top of their postion charts in the preseason and one sleeper. Not much of a limb to crawl out on if you ask me. Maybe it's just me (I am still bitter at all the experts that predicted a blow-up for Breaston last week and like a sap I picked him and his 1 catch for 23 yard razzle-dazzle performance off the WW).

Hmmmm... three guys who were rated at the top of their postion charts in the preseason and one sleeper. Not much of a limb to crawl out on if you ask me. Maybe it's just me (I am still bitter at all the experts that predicted a blow-up for Breaston last week and like a sap I picked him and his 1 catch for 23 yard razzle-dazzle performance off the WW).

"...three guys who were rated at the top of their postion charts in the preseason....Not much of a limb to crawl out on..."

As I just explained over the phone with the guy I'm trying to trade with to get Jennings - preseason rankings or where they were drafted dont mean chit no mo'. Now it is "what have you done for me THIS YEAR?" (Jerry Jones is prolly still in love with his Roy toy, too).

I don't know if he counts as a sleeper but SJAX should finally have a good week this week...

also, look to the cardinals defense, they play a week schedule from now on and are available in some leagues...

I don't know if he counts as a sleeper but SJAX should finally have a good week this week...

also, look to the cardinals defense, they play a week schedule from now on and are available in some leagues...

:banana:

SJax has been pretty good but no blowups. If he is going to blow up, this should be it.

Arizona DEF against Carolina with Delhomme still starting is $$

Keep them on your roster as well:

Week 10: Seattle They thumped them last time and their defense may be better now

Week 11: St. Louis Nuff Said

Week 12: @ Tennessee Vince Young may be the QB soon so the nightmare in Nashville continues

Week 15: @ Detroit I think they'll shut down the Stafford/Johnson connection pretty good

Week 16: @ St. Louis Nuff Said Part Deux

I'll pick Marc Bulger to blow up this week!

Only because I had to pick him up since Brady is on a bye.

Bulger - 207 yards 2TD 1INT 1Fumble = 16 points

For a guy like Bulger, this is blowing up!!

And I'll gladly take those 16 points from him.

I'll argue for the other side of the ball and say that K. Jones should have his best game of the season against the lowly Rams.

ILL TRY :rolleyes: These 3 are not really sleepers but i feel they will have very good weeks. in the case of 2 of them owners will finally be rewarded :shocking:

QB

-Garrard @ TENN-we all saw what the PATS and Brady did vs this banged up and awful secondary. they should be healthier but one week can not fix this mess :shocking: The Titans will not get embarrased like they did in week 7 but they will give up yards and TDs

RB

-Forte vs Cleveland-Forte has been awful all year, except one week, and the biggest bust of the draft. He should get plenty of chances against a very bad Cleveland team. Forte probably for only the second and final time this year has a big game.

WR

-Steve Smith @ Arizona-Arizona has one of the top rush defense's in league. actually think they are ranked #1. DWilliams and Stewart wont get much going on the ground and Delhomme will build of last weeks 300+ yard game and gets Smith the dam ball and Smith will get in the endzone :thumbsup:

I grabbed Randy McMicheal as a bye week fill in for Winslow this week. He hasn't done much, but he's facing the Lions so I'm hoping for a TD.

Hey, just to let you know that I enjoy your weekly posts. Whether it's because I want to take your advice or laugh when you flop, you're to be commended for stepping up and making your claim. Best of luck to you!

Hey, just to let you know that I enjoy your weekly posts. Whether it's because I want to take your advice or laugh when you flop, you're to be commended for stepping up and making your claim. Best of luck to you!

Thanks. Hopefully things will work out a bit better this week. If not, It's fun to take a stab at it

Thanks. Hopefully things will work out a bit better this week. If not, It's fun to take a stab at it

Jackson might struggle against Asomua this week which will open things up for Floyd. I look for Floyd to have one of his best games yet.

Hope your right about Floyd. :unsure: I picked him up earlier this week. Chambers couldn't catch the swine flu if he tried let alone a tossed football. Chargers have got to make a move sometime.

I know that feeling you are talking about regarding Jennings. I've found that Pepto helps. If not, then I do this...... :wall:

How the Raiders have been playing, expect a huge game from Vincent Jackson.

I think the Bears have figured out that the more Cutler throws, the worse things get. They must be more balanced if they want to win more games. They simply don't have the receivers OR quarterback to be throwing like they do. This week they will more on Forte.

Fixed

How the Raiders have been playing, expect a huge game from Vincent Jackson.

Jackson is awesome but Asamua will be on him and while he'll probably have decent game, odds are he won't have a great game. That's why I look for Gates and Floyd to have really good games.

..... MY TAKE: IMO Jennings is a great 'buy low right now. Another great post here!

At what week are we going to stop saying Jennings is a great buy low candidate? Every week the guy has not been living up to his ADP. 1 to 2 weeks is a fluke 5-6 weeks is a trend. The guy is not a good buy low candidate.

Jackson is awesome but Asamua will be on him and while he'll probably have decent game, odds are he won't have a great game. That's why I look for Gates and Floyd to have really good games.

Its Asomugha. And he wont be covering VJax every play. Different formations call for different coverages. SD offense will try to get him off occasionally. The NFL isnt your neighborhood flag football game where you man up every play.

I do think Floyd will do well, and I like your other calls as well. I am rooting for you because last week was a train wreck.

Good Thread. No real busts last week. Especially when you consider LT had a TD taken away and Smith did get tripped up.

i just can't trust Witten anymore. He needs to have two solid weeks in a row to get back into my starting lineup. Thankfully, I can fall back on Shockey.

I'm hoping that with the emergence of Austin, that the middle/underneath finally opens up for him. God knows Williams couldn't do that.

A look back at the four:

Maroney- Not great but did get 40 yds and a td

Fitzpatrick- Again, not great but not bad either. 140 total yds and a td

Steve Smith- 99 yds and one of his best games to date (almost had a long TD, was tripped up after a long gain)

Tomlinson- 71 yds 0 td (maybe his is done after all)

#1- Matt Forte- 120 total yds and 2 tds

This guy has really struggled, but I think the Bears have figured out that the more Cutler throws, the worse things get. They must be more balanced if they want to win more games. They simply don't have the receivers to be throwing like they do. This week they will more on Forte.

#2- Steve Slaton- 150 total yds and 1 td

The Bills actually have a pretty good pass defense but there rush defense it terrible. Look for Slaton to find some huge holes this week. In addition, you never know what the whether will be like in Buffalo.

Witten has been mediocre this year but I think he'll have a really good game this week vs Seattle.

I was spot on with Forte.

Slaton is trash - (moats tore it up, so at least I got the Houston RB right)

Witten- Why does Romo no longer look his way?

Floyd- yds were close but no td

At what week are we going to stop saying Jennings is a great buy low candidate? Every week the guy has not been living up to his ADP. 1 to 2 weeks is a fluke 5-6 weeks is a trend. The guy is not a good buy low candidate.

You are right - I think we can stop saying Jennings is a good "buy low" right about now. I actually placed two very reasonable offers for Jennings last week in two different leagues and got shot down.

In one league I offered Bowe for Jennings straight up.

In another I offered Maroney and Braylon for Jennings and the NO D/ST (he also had the CHI D/ST). I got a very unreasonable counter-offer of Roddy White and Maroney (he could have used the extra RB) for Jennings and the CHI D.

So much for trying to "buy low."

But after 8-88 and 1 TD and a 2 pt conversion, I'd imagine he's back up to fully priced right now. But the problem never was Jennings - the problem is, and continues to be GB's woeful O-line not giving Rodgers enough time to throw vertical routes with any consistency. I'd hoped that they would have solved their injury problems there and that the line would have started to jell about now. In spite of Jennings very good numbers today, there wasn't much evidence of the O-line coming together - 6 sacks and numerous more hurries.. (The Williams boys has a little something to do with that though).