Sign in to follow this  
Purple_Reign

***** OFFICIAL ***** Viking Vs Packer Thread

You have to explain this because you keep saying it over and over. The Vikings did not give up a single player or pick for Fav-re and gave him all his money upfront so there is no future cap hit. What exactly did they mortgage? There was very little risk. They gave up picks including a first for Allen and gave him a huge contract despite a spotty past. Now that was a risk albeit one that turned out wonderfully.

the vikes got a HOF Qb for nothing. They got a guy with more game knowledge and experience than anyone in the league and a guy who still has excellent stamina and arm strength. this is the elway situation. The team is stacked in minny and favre has the talent around him to play out this year and next before he retires and to win 1 maybe two superbowls. this viking team is good enough to win back to back superbowls. i would be shocked if favre and the vikes dont win at least one. The packers are not gonna win any title anytime soon.

You have to explain this because you keep saying it over and over. The Vikings did not give up a single player or pick for Fav-re and gave him all his money upfront so there is no future cap hit. What exactly did they mortgage? There was very little risk. They gave up picks including a first for Allen and gave him a huge contract despite a spotty past. Now that was a risk albeit one that turned out wonderfully.

When Favre is done (and that could be as early as this season when the old body stops working) .... the Vikings are done.... and it will take three/four/five years to groom another quarterback .... and who knows if that will work out... The window will have passed....

I'm not saying picking up Favre was a bad move at all.... Obviously the Vikes have proven that they can't draft one on their own.... I'm just saying it's all or nothing.... and when he's done, the Vikings are done..... and it doesn't matter how much talent the rest of the team has.... It's all a big waste...

Contrast that with another team, like, say, the Packers who -- while still obviously going through their growing pains -- are going to have a top-notch QB for the next 10 to 12 years.....

You are correct -- Technically, the Vikes didn't mortgage everything..... but they have no future and if/when the Favre thing doesn't work out, they are back to square one when maybe they could have gotten a young Rodgers-type player to go along with the other talent and keep them a successful franchise for the next decade....

When Favre is done (and that could be as early as this season when the old body stops working) .... the Vikings are done.... and it will take three/four/five years to groom another quarterback .... and who knows if that will work out... The window will have passed....

I'm not saying picking up Favre was a bad move at all.... Obviously the Vikes have proven that they can't draft one on their own.... I'm just saying it's all or nothing.... and when he's done, the Vikings are done..... and it doesn't matter how much talent the rest of the team has.... It's all a big waste...

Contrast that with another team, like, say, the Packers who -- while still obviously going through their growing pains -- are going to have a top-notch QB for the next 10 to 12 years.....

You are correct -- Technically, the Vikes didn't mortgage everything..... but they have no future and if/when the Favre thing doesn't work out, they are back to square one when maybe they could have gotten a young Rodgers-type player to go along with the other talent and keep them a successful franchise for the next decade....

Thompson should have hung with favre and we would have played in two more Super Bowls. I am talking all of the way back to when Thompsom drafted rodgers. He has turned out great, and I am happy for him and proud of him. No one else on the planet could have filled those shoes as well as him. What Thompson should have done years ago is went for another title and not went totally off of the draft plan and taken Rodgers who fell much farther then ANYONE could have planned for. Thompson screwed up, but got lucky that Rodgers is REALLY GOOD!. What he should have done was go after the titles with and for Brett! This was justice for Favre and Packer nation now knows who focked up!

This is with all due respect Don because I respect you as a packer Fan deluxe!

Holy focking homer. :mad:

You act like the Packers are a year away from dominance. You have no O-line. Marginal RB, Zero special teams. (Ahman Green returning kickoffs :mad: ) and a QB that can't win a big game. I'd say even without Favre the Vikings are in a better place than the Slackers :wall:

Keep dreaming :wall:

One more thing....

SUCK IT!!!!!

Thompson should have hung with favre and we would have played in two more Super Bowls. I am talking all of the way back to when Thompsom drafted rodgers. He has turned out great, and I am happy for him and proud of him. No one else on the planet could have filled those shoes as well as him. What Thompson should have done years ago is went for another title and not went totally off of the draft plan and taken Rodgers who fell much farther then ANYONE could have planned for. Thompson screwed up, but got lucky that Rodgers is REALLY GOOD!. What he should have done was go after the titles with and for Brett! This was justice for Favre and Packer nation now knows who focked up!

This is with all due respect Don because I respect you as a packer Fan deluxe!

With all due respect, Favre would be killed with this line, Remote..... He's be tossing up interceptions left and right like he did during the injury-plagued 4-12 season....

Not to mention....All the sacks the extremely mobile Rodgers is taking.... you can double that with Favre in there.... God knows Favre is a warrior; but I don't think his old body could take that.

The Packers would have had one or two more decent seasons and then had absolutely no future....

I think he has himself in an outstanding situation now with an awesome line, an awesome RB and a good D.

But he is nowhere as good a player as he once was.....

Rodgers, however, I am excited about.... If we can go buy some lineman to protect him (like the Vikings did), I will be happy

I'd say even without Favre the Vikings are in a better place than the Slackers :wall:

So we have someone judging talent who repeatedly said Favre sucks donkey ballz during his best years, but now cannot stop throating Favre's hog during his old, past-his-prime years???

Can you be trusted to evaluate talent??? :wall:

OMG... You are even a BIGGER Packer Doosh than I thought you were... Call up your local Chinese food store, and ask if they deliver crow... Your team got owned by your old, discarded QB... And now we are on our way to 2 division crowns in a row... If I were you I start getting used to it... MB

So we have someone judging talent who repeatedly said Favre sucks donkey ballz during his best years, but now cannot stop throating Favre's hog during his old, past-his-prime years???

Can you be trusted to evaluate talent??? :mad:

If you don't believe me why don't you go back and see what the "experts" had to say after the game :wall:

Now why don't you tell me your thoughts on Green returning kickoffs? :wall:

OMG... You are even a BIGGER Packer Doosh than I thought you were... Call up your local Chinese food store, and ask if they deliver crow... Your team got owned by your old, discarded QB... And now we are on our way to 2 division crowns in a row... If I were you I start getting used to it... MB

Good... Put those division title trophies in here!!!

http://www.advantagefixtures.com/jpgs/prod...lcasesdtr70.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Start getting used to it?

Favre's on his last legs; Rodgers is on his first legs....

Congrats on your victory :music_guitarred:

is this donhass dude still talking smack? Bro, your team got beat badly. Give it up. It shows a lack of dignity to still be harping on favre being old when that old guy just torched you for 4 Tds.

It shows a lack of dignity (and friends) to start 12 aliases :music_guitarred:

Why aren't we talking about the Dallas Lions, Pimp????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Congrats on your victory :music_guitarred:

Rodgers will never win a superbowl. The packers have no window and the vikes have a window here with favre. The vikings will win 1-2 titles over the next two years and the packers will not win again for 30 more years.

Now why don't you tell me your thoughts on Green returning kickoffs? :music_guitarred:

I actually thought he did pretty well, all things considered... :dunno:

He's no Jordy Nelson :doublethumbsup:

With all due respect, Favre would be killed with this line, Remote..... He's be tossing up interceptions left and right like he did during the injury-plagued 4-12 season....

Not to mention....All the sacks the extremely mobile Rodgers is taking.... you can double that with Favre in there.... God knows Favre is a warrior; but I don't think his old body could take that.

The Packers would have had one or two more decent seasons and then had absolutely no future....

I think he has himself in an outstanding situation now with an awesome line, an awesome RB and a good D.

Rodgers, however, I am excited about.... If we can go buy some lineman to protect him (like the Vikings did), I will be happy

All due respect in return! :music_guitarred:

Rodgers will never win a superbowl. The packers have no window and the vikes have a window here with favre. The vikings will win 1-2 titles over the next two years and the packers will not win again for 30 more years.

You just said this exact thing word-for-word with your Purple Reign alias, Pimp....

Mix it up, Homo Domination!

:music_guitarred: :doublethumbsup: :dunno:

You just said this exact thing word-for-word with your Purple Reign alias, Pimp....

Yea, this alias is lame...he does NOT represent us true Vikings fans.

Dude, grab a cold one, and crawl back in your hole... Cause your teams season is OVER !!!!!!!!!! As in O-V-E-R... Do I need to spell it out for ya... MB

Dude, grab a cold one, and crawl back in your hole... Cause your teams season is OVER !!!!!!!!!! As in O-V-E-R... Do I need to spell it out for ya... MB

:music_guitarred:

to be honest, I bet the bears get second in the division and the packers are left with third place

Yea, this alias is lame...he does NOT represent us true Vikings fans.

As much as I tease, I know there are some good, diehard Vikings fans...

(maybe 6) :music_guitarred:

This is one of my favorite of Pimp's 12 aliases!!!

Way to come out AFTER the game.... you fit in well with the bandwagon Vikings fans

DH

Girl you know it's true... Ooh ooh ooh... We owned you :doublethumbsup: MB

This is one of my favorite of Pimp's 12 aliases!!!

Way to come out AFTER the game.... you fit in well with the bandwagon Vikings fans

DH

Nice try dude, there is only one MB, and I ain't no Cowboy fan... MB

ps. Now jump in the car and head down to your Ted Thompson pep rally...

As long as you include myself, NorthernVike, FeelingMN, Vikings4Ever and (maybe) Joneo.

:doublethumbsup:

As long as you include myself, NorthernVike, FeelingMN, Vikings4Ever and (maybe) Joneo.

:dunno:

No BLS???

I also remember bammbamm and Vikes24, but I may be dating myself

(Also Carrie & Jessy! :thumbsup: )

No BLS???

I also remember bammbamm and Vikes24, but I may be dating myself

(Also Carrie & Jessy! :thumbsup: )

Too many posters...so little brain power.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Congrats on your victory :thumbsup:

Wow, you are in such denial. Favre is still the better QB. And Rodgers was walking with a severe limp after the loss. :dunno:

10-13

And I don't know how the Vikes went out and bought an offensive line. True, they signed Hutch to a deal as a FA, but they drafted McKinnie/Loadholt/Sullivan.

I'm sure a capable evaluator of talent such as TT will be able assemble the best O-line of all time through the draft. :thumbsup:

DH, it's football101. If you've got a good/great QB.......protect his ass! If the Puckers don't fix their O-line this offeseason.....quite simply, there's isn't much of a future to be excited about.

Oh, and DH, your best receiver is old....the window is closing on him.........and your starting CBs are old.....the window is closing on them.

Keep talking about the future though......you sound like a Lions' fan when you do that. :dunno:

10-13

Hey, that was Favre's record at this point in his career; but his personal stats were far worse than Rodgers'....

Keep talking about the future though......you sound like a Lions' fan when you do that. :thumbsup:

This was a good dig; hurts 'cause it's true :dunno:

Hey, that was Favre's record at this point in his career; but his personal stats were far worse than Rodgers'....

It could have to do with the players around the QB.

Jeff Query= Jordy Nelson

Just sayin' :thumbsup:

It could have to do with the players around the QB.

Jeff Query= Jordy Nelson

Just sayin' :dunno:

He had Sterling 'effin Sharpe!!!!

And don't badmouth "White Lightening".... he had a long flowing curly blonde mullet that Jordy Nelson can only dream of growing..... :thumbsup:

Why is it so hard for Packer fans to admit that the Vikings are elite with Favre? It has nothing to do with comparing Favre to Rodgers. The Packers decided to move on which is fine, but don't take it out on Favre. He wanted to play because he knew he could play well and I think he proved that so far this year. All the Vikings needed was a QB, they got one, and are much better than GB right now. The Packers will be fine down the road with Rodgers but right now they aren't ready to win and Minnnesota is. So get over it, the Vikings are better all over the field. Offense, defense, special teams. You name it.

Stop with the senseless comments about comparing Favre to Rodgers, if those QB's switched teams you'd have the same results. Minnesota is just flat out better than Green Bay and it showed again today.

considering that...of the teams the packers have beaten, the 1-4 lions had the best record...im not sure why people here had high hopes....

im not even opening the aaron argument door again....just watch the tapes....the focker has regressed...

and matt schaub..he isnt.... :pointstosky:

ted thompson...tell me how my azz tastes.... :music_guitarred:

favre will outlast rodgers the nfl as a starter..another soon to be correct prediction on my part.... :overhead:

4-3 teams talk about FUTURE.

7-1 teams talk about Playoffs and Super Bowls.

HTH.

I have to ask why you are so obsessed with talking about the next 10-12 years when in the NFL teams can change dramatically within a year. Look at Tennessee.

And really, you guys tone about the Packer season is 180 degrees different than two months ago. After the preseason games you thought the Packers were a Super Bowl team for sure. I know we can dig up the threads. All of the sudden the magic preseason was meaningless and its about the future.

And as someone else pointed out earlier, McKinnie, Sullivan and Loadholt were all drafted. Sullivan was a 6th round pick for crying out loud. ANd even if that were true, the Vikings do not and will not have cap trouble so what difference would that even make?

Why is it so hard for Packer fans to admit that the Vikings are elite with Favre? It has nothing to do with comparing Favre to Rodgers. The Packers decided to move on which is fine, but don't take it out on Favre. He wanted to play because he knew he could play well and I think he proved that so far this year. All the Vikings needed was a QB, they got one, and are much better than GB right now. The Packers will be fine down the road with Rodgers but right now they aren't ready to win and Minnnesota is. So get over it, the Vikings are better all over the field. Offense, defense, special teams. You name it.

Stop with the senseless comments about comparing Favre to Rodgers, if those QB's switched teams you'd have the same results. Minnesota is just flat out better than Green Bay and it showed again today.

the last time an aaron rodgers led team beat a team that was over 500 at the time was november 16, 2008..the amazing 5-4 bears...we are witnessing greatness, my friends...