Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Westbrook

Not even a fantasy option as a flex , I thought after two weeks he would get some play.. Wrong got the first two carries of the game and that is it. Philly just had 3 craks on 1st and goal from the one, and he doesn't even touch the ball.

Wish he would just sit out the rest of the year so McCoy has some value

Well, if Westy is useless, McCoy is even more so as he's the backup guy.

Evidence his zero carries and zero catches in the first half. Hell, even Weaver, Maclin, and some dude named Buckley have more carries than McCoy!

:doublethumbsup:

I started Westbrook over JStewart. I'm kicking myself for that move as we speak. Dumb ass Reid wants to pass all damn day. Idiot.

Dumb ass Reid wants to pass all damn day. Idiot.

I can agree with that statement!

EVERYONE has run on San Diego so let's throw it all over the park.

45 passes. 11 runs.

Brian Westbrook is out with another concussion suffered today.

Well I guess I can cut his sorry ass, thanks for the 45 focking points you got me this year.

Brian Westbrook is out with another concussion suffered today.

Is this it for Westy? I mean, that's 2 concussions in the last 4 weeks, and he's no spring chicken.

That would leave McNabb and all young players on offense. When do they go to Kolb and complete the transition to the new generation?

Is this it for Westy? I mean, that's 2 concussions in the last 4 weeks, and he's no spring chicken.

That would leave McNabb and all young players on offense. When do they go to Kolb and complete the transition to the new generation?

When McNabb retires.

Today: Passing

CP/AT YDS TD INT

D. McNabb 35/55 450 2 1

Why would the Eagles want to go young at QB?

McNabb's the better QB and he turns 33 in 10 days. Kurt Warner dominated the NFL last year and almost won another Super Bowl at 37 and he put up two huge games last week and today at age 38. Favre's 40 and playing at an elite level.

My guess, Westy on IR.

Their trainer is on the concussion committee or whatever, and now will feel huge pressure to stop Westy from suiting up again this year.

Their trainer is on the concussion committee or whatever, and now will feel huge pressure to stop Westy from suiting up again this year.

How on Earth would anyone know this? :lol:

How on Earth would anyone know this? :wacko:

Not sure how anyone would know that but I'm almost positive Westy will be shut down for the season. The league was already very serious about protecting players with concussions before this. And now 2 in 4 weeks?? No way he plays again this year...they won't allow it for his safety.

This may have an impact on Portis as well...doubt he plays anytime soon.

Not sure how anyone would know that but I'm almost positive Westy will be shut down for the season. The league was already very serious about protecting players with concussions before this. And now 2 in 4 weeks?? No way he plays again this year...they won't allow it for his safety.

This may have an impact on Portis as well...doubt he plays anytime soon.

I'm tempted to get McCoy, until I realize that the Eagles have this annoying tendency to go all pass-happy like today (55 passes, 13 runs). Andy Reid just can't lay off the constant passing, just like LenWhale can't avoid tequila and Ricky can't avoid weed. Great for McNabb, no so much for their RBs.

How on Earth would anyone know this? :thumbsdown:

Didn't you read any of the stories about how concerned the guy was after the first one? He was really concerned about himself and his future. Now he comes out and it happens again. I personally believe that he will shut himself down and wont need urging from anybody. At least that is what I got from what I read after number one.

How on Earth would anyone know this? :)

Umm....first line of his post, which you didn't put in the quote, is "My guess".....which means he is guessing and doesn't know this, and certainly there will be more pressure to keep him out......the brain can't take that many concussions without big side affects.

I'm tempted to get McCoy, until I realize that the Eagles have this annoying tendency to go all pass-happy like today (55 passes, 13 runs). Andy Reid just can't lay off the constant passing, just like LenWhale can't avoid tequila and Ricky can't avoid weed. Great for McNabb, no so much for their RBs.

I still like McCoy though. Reid has to know he can't win ball games with that type of pass/run ratio.

Didn't you read any of the stories about how concerned the guy was after the first one? He was really concerned about himself and his future. Now he comes out and it happens again. I personally believe that he will shut himself down and wont need urging from anybody. At least that is what I got from what I read after number one.

Good, let him shut down then. See ya later, jackhole. :thumbsup:

How on Earth would anyone know this? :pointstosky:

I watched Goodell go to Congress and the dude was named as a member of the concussion group. This info isn't a secret.

It is always sad to see a great player's career winding down, especially when fantasy owners and "experts" keep bashing the guy for hurting their fantasy teams.

This is why it is wise to avoid Rb's who are over 30 yrs old, or ones that had insane workloads the previous season. Sure it may turn out once in a while (Thomas Jones) but most of the time it is just not worth it.

I agree - how about a little sympathy for a guy who will be feeling the effects of two concussions for the rest of his life and worry about a little more than your fantasy team

It is always sad to see a great player's career winding down, especially when fantasy owners and "experts" keep bashing the guy for hurting their fantasy teams.

This is why it is wise to avoid Rb's who are over 30 yrs old, or ones that had insane workloads the previous season. Sure it may turn out once in a while (Thomas Jones) but most of the time it is just not worth it.

Brian Westbrook has been a great fantasy player for quite some time. For the sake of his health, it's time to call it a career. No need to risk long-term brain damage.

Andy Reid isn't one to feature the running game anyway. Even when he has a matchup against an opponent that's vulnerable to the run (as San Diego is), he still airs it out instead of strategically attacking against that weakness. Reid is often guilty of poor in-game management.

Thanks for the memories, #36. Not quite Hall of Fame material, but darned close.