Sign in to follow this  
gopanthers!

Miles Austin

Nah, not a fluke but the Cowboys offense is definitely struggling. Also depends on what you expected he would be, I look at him as a #2 or 3. If you really thought he would continue to be a #1 fantasy WR then you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

too good to be true. i thought i had solidified my starting line-up for the playoff push in a few weeks. i guess its back to boldin, percy harvin, or collie as my #3 :thumbsdown:

agree with all these comments. he isn't as good as he was performing, but he's better than a 0 reception wr.

can't be pissed for starting him though. how could you possibly bench him based on that run he was on?

fellow austin owners, we knew this day was coming.

i dont care if some of you say that CRY BABY WILLIAMS was not crying or not the bottom line is that since he made some comments Austin has not even gotten hardy any looks :pointstosky: Yes defenses may be keying in on him more but Romo is not even looking his way :thumbsdown:

Hopefully Austin will cry after the game! I started Austin, and my opponent started R williams. I lost on that BS garbage time TD by Williams. I didnt really help my chances when i benched MJD for Pierre Thomas...NEVER BENCH YOUR STUDS!!!!!! FOCK i'm pissed!!

this has been discussed back and forth a lot lately. how would austin react to being a true wr1 [if he indeed is?] how would he adjust to increased attention/coverages?? how would he adjust to better corners on him?? his last two outings, sheldon brown and asante samuel [less one bad angle by sean jones and bite on a slant by brown] and charles woodson and al harris have clamped him all game long.

this happening merely fuels the "roy williams should be doing better in single coverage" issue. nice 40yd slant and run---terrible momentum swinging fumble at the end of the play.

Hopefully Austin will cry after the game! I started Austin, and my opponent started R williams. I lost on that BS garbage time TD by Williams. I didnt really help my chances when i benched MJD for Pierre Thomas...NEVER BENCH YOUR STUDS!!!!!! FOCK i'm pissed!!

WOW!!! Beyond belief.

lol! it looks like they lost those 3 games he blew up in!

Drew Bennett and Billy Volek swept a lot of FF teams into the playoffs that year

Then came championship week...

He looked a little fluke-ish after the KC game (forget who they played), he kept coming in/out like he didn't know all the plays and packages, like he needed a breather, etc. Definitely not #1 material (yet), but I don't know many WRs who come off the bench like that and are pure #1s right away.

At any rate, I may sit him next week, but I still like him as a fantasy starter and his schedule helps too: WAS, Oak, @NYG, SD, @NO, @WAS. Could be worse and I see a few pretty good matchups there (maybe even against NYG).

:)

At any rate, I may sit him next week, but I still like him as a fantasy starter and his schedule helps too: WAS, Oak, @NYG, SD, @NO, @WAS. Could be worse and I see a few pretty good matchups there (maybe even against NYG).

WAS (x2), OAK and NO are not good matchups especially now that he's getting double teamed.

I told the Austin owner (when he was talking smack) 'just wait til they start keying on this guy'. His other WRs are Jennings, Housh, and Cotchery or in other words 'a Box of Chocolate lineup'; you never know what you're gonna get.

I started him over Rice from Minny. That was kind of a bad move! :(

Welcome to fantasy football. You're gonna really enjoy this game.

Rule #1, start every player you have against the Lions. Even the waterboy.

He had a nice 3 weeks... Now defenses know to double him and leave cry baby Williams open if they want to beat the Cowpokes.

So congrats Miles, your 3 weeks earned you extra defenders and double coverage!