Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

too many player from one team

Right now 5 of my 18 players are from one team. Two starters QB and kicker, 1 RB and 1 WR boarder line starters, and 1 back up QB since waivers and trade deadlines have passed. This week I find myself starting 4 of the 5 if Calvin Johnson does not play and do to match ups. My QB, #2 RB, #2 WR and kicker. I hate to say it but I think they are the best option I have.

Where do you draw the line with the number of players from one team?

Right now 5 of my 18 players are from one team. Two starters QB and kicker, 1 RB and 1 WR boarder line starters, and 1 back up QB since waivers and trade deadlines have passed. This week I find myself starting 4 of the 5 if Calvin Johnson does not play and do to match ups. My QB, #2 RB, #2 WR and kicker. I hate to say it but I think they are the best option I have.

Guy in my league rolls with:

Barber

Austin

Witten

Dallas Def

Roy Williams

and he had Romo, but traded him two weeks ago.

Depends on what team it is?? if its the Detriot Lions than i would draw the line at 1 maybe 2 and if it was the Cleveland Browns i would draw the line at 0 :dunno:

ive been playing 3 Patriots for last few weeks. Moss, Welker and Maroney. I have Watson but i dont play him. id love to play Brady and that would be 4. Id take their kicker and defense(depending on matchup) so i guess it could be as many as 6.

Id do it with Vikings(Favre, AP, Rice, TE, Longwell, and Def)=6

Colts(Manning, Addai, Wayne, Clark, Kicker, maybe Defense)=6

Guy in my league rolls with:

Barber

Austin

Witten

Dallas Def

Roy Williams

and he had Romo, but traded him two weeks ago.

Bet that fella has not done so well last few weeks :dunno:

Well if you had Brady, Moss, Welker, Watson, Gostkowski, and the patriot D a couple years ago, you would have been pretty good. But, if you have Quinn, Lewis, Massaquoi, Dawson, and the Cleveland D, you're in trouble.

One of my good friends had 6 Redskins in his starting lineup about 10 years ago and won the superbowl.

Brad Johnson

Stephen Davis

Michael Westbrook

Redskins D

Redskins Kicker

and one more that I can't remember.

They had a huge offense that year.

i personally draw the line at 2 positional players.

kickers and defenses can also be from that same team but i dont worry about that.

Im just one of those people who think if all things are relatively equal, you should spread yourself out and not risk having 4 or 5 colts or patriots because if they have 1 bad week you will lose your game.

I've been rolling with Moss/Brady/Maroney for the past couple weeks and I don't think they'll leave my lineup either that offense is just too explosive and every time they score I score, haven't lost since I got them all in the staring lineup.

im trying to guess what team it is.

My initial thought is the Cardinals. Starting Warner and Rackers... with Wells and Breaston borderline and you own Leinart incase Warner goes down.

My initial thought is the Cardinals. Starting Warner and Rackers... with Wells and Breaston borderline and you own Leinart incase Warner goes down.

I was thinking Seahawks. Hasselbeck, the kicker, Julius Jones and TJ as borderline starts, and Seneca Wallace.

I try to avoid having too many players on the same team, especially if its a bad team. But somehow I find myself with three Raiders skill players on my roster :ninja:

His name is super cubs... He owns 5 Bears fo' sho... :doublethumbsup:

Cutler, Forte, Knox, Gould, and Bears Defense ;)

I own Larry Fitz, Hightower and Beanie Wells, in one of my dynasty leagues, and it bothers me every day, even worse than my wife does ;) MB

ps. I hate starting 2 guys from the same team at the same time...

But I just had to trade M. Lynch, Kevin Smith and Desean Jackson... For are you ready... :headbanger: Larry Fitzgerald, Ray Rice and Joe Addai... Throw in Wes Welker for LJ in week 3 or 4 ;) and baby... Life is sweet at 9-2...

With good enough players you can get by on a bye week. If you had Favre, Peterson, Rice, Longwell, and MIN D, then I'd say you have a pretty good team giving their rankings. However, if you were to lose a key element in any situation, like a QB, you could be screwed due the dependence between the running and passing game.

I personally wouldn't recommend more than three players as your starters and then the others depending on schedules.

In my 16 team league, I've been going with Wells, Hightower and Fitzgerald for awhile now with Portis out. Been working out for me the past couple weeks.

Didn't mean to ... but Driver was way too much value as my flex/WR4 in my draft:

Aaron Rodgers

Greg Jennings

Donald Driver

And if Witten sits, throw in Jermichael Finley.

8-3, 1st place

GO PACK GO!

:cheesehead:

His name is super cubs... He owns 5 Bears fo' sho... :doublethumbsup:

Cutler, Forte, Knox, Gould, and Bears Defense :headbanger:

Our resident Bears fan has Cutler, Knox, Bennett, Gould, Olsen, and the Bears D. Got a decent enough team otherwise--Gore, Grant, Mendenhall, Santonio Holmes--but plays the Bears a little too often...

With good enough players you can get by on a bye week. If you had Favre, Peterson, Rice, Longwell, and MIN D, then I'd say you have a pretty good team giving their rankings.

this is where i think people fall for it. They see 4 or 5 names from a team thats doing real well and each player is ranked pretty high for the year, so in theory a team like you listed above should be doing pretty well.

but the one or two weeks the Vikings get shut down, you will lose your fantasy game almost 100%. Where as if you had equal players (give or take a little) on different teams, a bad week for the Vikings wouldn't kill your fantasy week.

Eagles

McNabb, McCoy, Maclin, Ackers and Kolb

I think I'm going to roll with Hester over Maclin so I don't have all my eggs in one baskets.

When I took over my current team years ago, the former owner was a Packers fan. Thus, the team was loaded top to bottom. It was focking comical. I spent the better part of two months trading or cutting....

Favre

Dorsey Levins

Robert Brooks

Mark Chmura

Ryan Longwell

Defense

Guy in first place in one of my leagues rolls every week with:

Manning

Addai

Wayne

Clark

He is 10-1 and the high points scorer by a pretty good margin, FWIW.

The year the Rams won the Super Bowl, I had Warner, Faulk, Holt and Bruce. It was a redraft, auction league and the rest of my team was mediocre at best, but those 4 had enough to win me my first championship.

When the Pats went 16-0 a guy in the same league had Brady, Moss and Welker. Plenty of firepower there. I think he came in 2nd place, not far out of 1st.

But I can't think of too many other situations where it has work out well for a owner. I try and keep it to 2 offensive players, with maybe a D or K.

a guy in my 10 teamer who's a green bay fan boy has

rodgers

driver

grant

j. finley

packers D

and he's 6th...

middle of the pack, just like the packers.

haha :thumbsdown:

i don't think i'd want 3 ... unless they were brady, moss and welker in a ppr or warner, fitz and boldin. something similar

i have 2 pairs - sims-walker and jones-drew and pierre thomas an dcolston. i feel like one cancels the other out for the jags ... they can't both have big games. so i'm left hoping for 1 good game and 1 very good game and that the rest of my very good team is very good. and with the two saints, i will be sitting pierre for the rest of the year as long as my other players stay healthy.

My opponent this week is a Giants fan and has 5-6 NYG players, most of it his starters too (including DEF). Needless to say, most of his team has already played, and because of the NYG bad game Thursday, it looks like I'm in for a win ! :thumbsdown:

The year the Rams won the Super Bowl, I had Warner, Faulk, Holt and Bruce. It was a redraft, auction league and the rest of my team was mediocre at best, but those 4 had enough to win me my first championship.

When the Pats went 16-0 a guy in the same league had Brady, Moss and Welker. Plenty of firepower there. I think he came in 2nd place, not far out of 1st.

But I can't think of too many other situations where it has work out well for a owner. I try and keep it to 2 offensive players, with maybe a D or K.

Agreed, with the caveat that backups and/or handcuffs can be added. In one league I have MJD and MSW (waivers), in another I have Romo and Barber. In the Jax league I have Garrard as backup, and had to play him the week they laid an egg in Seattle. Last year I rode Warner and Breaston to the SB only to face their disaster in NE. You can recover from one of those games in the regular season, but hit it in the playoffs... frankly if it works out so that I have no overlaps, I'm generally happy.