Sign in to follow this  
the bosses

The first player you ever drafted?

2002, it was an auction so it wasn't really a pick. The first player that I got (I am pretty sure he was the first) was Curtis Martin for $57!

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall in 2000. What a great fantasy player................

Kurt Warner in the first round - the year he completely fell apart. I ended up dropping him late in the year.

Made the playoffs though, pretty sure I got Priest Holmes in the second round and he tore ###### up all year.

2003- Clinton Portis

I'll never forget when he single handedly won me my first round playoff game against the chefs. I think he had like 215 and five TDs.

:pointstosky:

for some reason i thought WR had most value

marvin harrison 2002 :overhead:

more shocking 2nd round peerless price hahahahahahha

Rd 1: John Elway :mad:

Rd 2: Terrel Davis :first:

Rd 3: Shannon Sharpe :first:

Rd 4: Jason Elam :overhead:

I'm relatively new to FF, my first draft was in 2004 and I took Portis as my first player drafted. I didn't know much about FF then. All I knew was reading you have to take a RB as your first pick and I used one of those top 100 player lists from a magazine. CP was the best available when I picked. That was his first year as a Skins player too, I believe. He was coming off his big year in Denver.

1993---took Barry Sanders at 1.09!!!! (even then, at 14, wasn't sure what everyone was smoking until after the draft when I looked in an ashtray and my father/partner told me not to worry what everyone was smoking!) and then had a decision to make on the at 2.02---Marino or Mark Rypien (who had a great year the year before)---we debated and ended up taking Marino because I thought he "played better" than Rypien...I was right. And sort of naive at 14 based on retrospection...

2000. Marshall with the 2nd pick. I forget who got picked with #1. That was my first year playing and I won the league to everyone's dismay. I have been donating money yearly ever since..... :music_guitarred:

'98 Drew Bledsoe

I did not have a clue to what I was doing and really no one else in the league did not either. The first two rounds were fallow the leader. The first round was all QBs. The second was all RBs. The third went about 6 picks at WR before someone took another RB. We were all like you can do that???

Can't remember the year but I took Warren Moon with the 2nd pick (Emmit Smith 1st) then got Barry Foster and Sterling Sharpe on the turn.

Eric Rhett.

The year he held out. HAHA. I didn't know what I was doing or getting into. I missed the playoffs.

1998 - 16 team league... #1 (#4 overall) Randell Cunningham coming off of the xx td year w/ MINN (Randy/Carter at WR)

1998 - 10 teams #2 pick.... Napoleon I. Kaufman... blast from the past... I had RB issues all year

Then the next year (1999) w/ a bunch of 1st timers (paper calcs since the internet was not what it is now) i assembled the best team of all time. Safe to say the other owners were bad. One did have faulk & Steven Davis.

QB: Farve, Warner (FA)

WR: Harrison (1st big year), Carter, marcus robinson

RB: Edge (rookie) C-Mart, Barry Sanders (didn't play that year... took a shot he would un-retire), had amother big RB (garner, smith or dillon??)

WR: Walls

1998, first overall pick..:

Jeff George, QB... lol.. I saw he had 29 TD's the previous year and knew nothing about fantasy football.

He threw 4 TD's that year. lol

2004 - I was brought in to a partial keeper league, 1st overall I took Kevin jones - Det.

Things have gotten way better since :thumbsup:.

1990 but I can't remember it was either Okoye or Marion Butts I think. The more interesting part was I remember getting the player information for the draft from the back of football cards and that the only way you could get all the stats on Sunday was listening to Guy Green and John Habermeier on a radio show Sunday night. I'm not even sure if Cliff Charpentiers cheat sheet was available yet.

First player I ever drafted was Terrell Davis... the year he blew his knee out (1999)

not sure who i took way back when in my first league in 1984. i remember having louis lipps, though.

my long-running league now i had the 1st and 3rd picks my first yaer and screwed up both. curtis enis no. 1, ryan leaf no. 3. no. 2-randy moss; no. 4 peyton manning.