Sign in to follow this  
Boston Three Party

2010 DND "Underperformer" LIST

THIS WILL BE GOOD!

Lets hear em' and why:

1. Tom Brady - Hot and Cold. See: Playoffs

2. Kurt Warner - FOCKING AWFUL. Health issues. See: Playoffs

3. D'Angelo - John Fox is coaching. 2008 FLUKE.

4. SJAX - Unless traded, end zone is about as far away as banging Adriana Lima.

5. MINITron - Yes, Mini. Unless traded will continue to be hot and cold and nothing more than a flex play because they are the LIONS.

6. Olsen - Self-explanatory!

7. Simms-Walker - Hey, go ahead pull the trig. But with injuries and David GAYRARD throwing to him, have fun blowing up first half of the season! When it doesn't matter!

8. Ronnie Brown - Kills you when it matters MOST. Come playoff time. Every year, every injury.

9. Slaton - His status will NEVER be the same after this abomination of a season, especially with Gary "Shanny" Kubiak coaching - seriously. This is the 2010 version of the Broncos from last year.

10. Pierre Thomas - Sean Peyton ruins another great back. See: Hamilton, 2nd half of the Week 14 game. See: Mike Bell. See: Every game past Week 4.

And yes, I owned all these focks in 3 leagues. And YES, they can have a great season turnaround next year (or can be taken NOT as high) - BUT consistency wins playoff games in fantasy and all of these chumps failed hard.

:thumbsdown:

This is a HORRIBLE list. You're just picking out names of guys who have underperformed, either recently, or all season.

The one I disagree with the most is DeAngelo Williams.

He has had a dissapointing year, so his perceived value will likely be lower next year than this year.

Fox will (hopefully) be gone. His horrible coaching can't be under-emphasized. He stuck with Delhomme, and allowed his offense to rely on Delhomme, much longer than he should have.

A new coach, new offensive philosophy (rely on the run), and a new QB are all possible, and all would be upgrades to DeAngelo.

In addition, the Panthers' O-line has been decimated by injuries this year. Assuming their starters return to full health, that would be an upgrade to DeAngelo.

So the facts are:

Williams is averaging over 5 YPC, will likely rush for over 1300 yards (1600-1700 total yards), at least 7 TDs, AND he has done all of this with a banged up O-line, horrible QB play, and horrible coaching.

His situation can't get worse. Even if Fox and Delhomme stay, the O-linemen should be healthier next year.

Sounds like a possible value pick next year, not a "DO NOT DRAFT" player.

I'm about to add Brandon Marshall...

per rotoworld:

Brandon Marshall-WR- Broncos Dec. 15 - 9:47 pm et

The Denver Post suggests that Brandon Marshall's contract extension with the Broncos could surpass Larry Fitzgerald's with the Cardinals, making Marshall the highest paid receiver in the league.

Fitzgerald's deal is worth $40 million over four years, with $30 million guaranteed and a no-trade clause. "We've always felt Brandon was in a class by himself," said Marshall's agent. "Now, it's become evident he's one of the greats." After Sunday's 21-catch game, Marshall is on pace to finish his third straight season with 100+ receptions for over 1,200 yards.

Source: Denver Post

Diva receiver - check

fat new contract - check

no motivation to perform - check

Greg Jennings I agree with.

Forte (he was on my list this year)

Any RB with nearly 3000 carries or 30+ years old. I am not rolling the dice here.

T.O., Marshall (contract) I will also check who signs fat contracts and look to avoid most of them too.

Draft players in contract years also.

I'm assuming that "no draft" means not drafting the player as a mainstay of your team. If Forte is available in the 14th round of next year's draft, I might forego a second kicker and take a flyer on Matt.

Hasselbeck is a brittle QB with suspect protection. Next year, I'm not buying any fantasy site projections of a "return to elite status."

Ryan Grant has feasted on weak competition, but he hasn't been any thundering buffalo against stout defenses. I have a feeling the Pack may look for a RB with more elusiveness.

Brandon Jacobs is starting to remind me of Ron Dayne.

I'm about to add Brandon Marshall...

per rotoworld:

Diva receiver - check

fat new contract - check

no motivation to perform - check

I'm not so sure about this. I'd watch him over the off season and see how he acts but it seems to me that this guy just may have whole-heartedly bought into the coaching staff in Denver and he may have some direction now. Is it possible McDaniels has broken through with Marshall? Remember, Denver's got 2 number 1 picks next year and could be in contention for a SB already in 2010.

I'm not so sure about this. I'd watch him over the off season and see how he acts but it seems to me that this guy just may have whole-heartedly bought into the coaching staff in Denver and he may have some direction now. Is it possible McDaniels has broken through with Marshall? Remember, Denver's got 2 number 1 picks next year and could be in contention for a SB already in 2010.

The broncos only have one first rounder next year. They traded theirs away so that they could get an additional second rounder in this last years draft. They still have chicago's first rounder though.

Alot of people mentioned in this thread are going to be targets for me. Jennings in the second or third is not a good deal, however taking Jennings in the 4th or 5th because people are down on him is smart drafting.

The broncos only have one first rounder next year. They traded theirs away so that they could get an additional second rounder in this last years draft. They still have chicago's first rounder though.

Thanks. Didn't know that.

Randy Moss.

And not just because of last weeks -.4 but I really think he's losing some speed and the climate in the Boston area leads to some variables I do not want to think about come playoff time. I'd much rather go with A. Johnson, R. Wayne, or C. Johnson…From now on when all players are seemingly equal…I'm going for the Dome guys.

Even though S Jackson didnt get mant td's hes still the 9th best rb in fantasy football! I would love to see him on a decent team, he would easily be the best back in football.

whaa? this is a chiquita? :thumbsdown:

Don't waste your time reading any further people. People are just venting and bashing on the players that let them down this year and recent past.

This thread is 99% emotional. Very little logic.

You are one odd chick ..... for starters you play fantasy football .... and you chat on a fantasy football forum ... and the big kicker -

you call us guys 99% emotional.

Weird .... just backwards weird is all.

Can I ask you something?

When you go to the doctor ......... does he ask you to turn and cough?

Just sayin'

1. Randy Moss since he focked me over by giving me -1 point. I lost by 1 point by the way.

2. I will not draft Adrian Peterson in the top overall pick for sure, nor will I pick him second pick. Maybe third.

3. Braylon Edwards since it's self explanatory.

4. Ronnie Brown. He has streaks and then he crashes.

5. Clinton Portis. He focking sucks.

6. Tom Brady since he has focked me over a couple of times too, he isn't worth the high pick.

7. Brandon Jacobs, maybe a third down runner but not good enough to start.

8. Santana Moss since it's also self explanatory.

9. Calvin Johnson because his team is terrible and Stafford is terrible, and not to mention really ugly.

10. Joseph Addai has hurt me too. I don't trust him. He's a possay.

He was pretty good with Fox in 2008. He's been pretty good with Fox in 2009, just not as good as hoped. He's a top 5 for talent at RB in the NFL and I hope everyone feels the same as you come draft time in 2010.

I can't help but observe the absolute deterioration of Jake Del-lame's skills ruined everybody on that team fantasy-wise this season... I think a new QB in Carolina is more important than a new coach.

This is a HORRIBLE list. You're just picking out names of guys who have underperformed, either recently, or all season.

The one I disagree with the most is DeAngelo Williams.

He has had a dissapointing year, so his perceived value will likely be lower next year than this year.

Fox will (hopefully) be gone. His horrible coaching can't be under-emphasized. He stuck with Delhomme, and allowed his offense to rely on Delhomme, much longer than he should have.

A new coach, new offensive philosophy (rely on the run), and a new QB are all possible, and all would be upgrades to DeAngelo.

In addition, the Panthers' O-line has been decimated by injuries this year. Assuming their starters return to full health, that would be an upgrade to DeAngelo.

So the facts are:

Williams is averaging over 5 YPC, will likely rush for over 1300 yards (1600-1700 total yards), at least 7 TDs, AND he has done all of this with a banged up O-line, horrible QB play, and horrible coaching.

His situation can't get worse. Even if Fox and Delhomme stay, the O-linemen should be healthier next year.

Sounds like a possible value pick next year, not a "DO NOT DRAFT" player.

Value pick, yes. DND - no. As you can see I posted before you last night. Of course emotion is going to play a role in who you draft, it always does.

I updated the thread title but honestly - all of these chumps are questionable next year in my draft pool.

Especially Pierre Thomas - talk about SICK talent with A) Lack of carries :unsure: Moronic coach (geared towards winning not FF) that keeps him fresh but bad for us and C.) Any RB3 that gets goal line carries

Best game I can remember off the top of my head was 126 and 2 TD early in the season IN ONE HALF. Just sad. :bandana: