Sign in to follow this  
stonewall

Jason Cambell.....

Although I am not fully decided yet, I am SERIOUSLY thinking about rolling the dice with Cambell this weekend in the playoffs......over Schaub :thumbsdown: . I know, I know, never bench your studs, right? Well, Schaub has been a stud......in the 1st half of a lot of games. However, it seems as though they rein him back in the 2nd half if they have a lead, like they likely will against St Louis this weekend. If they get a couple of rushing TD's from their cluster of RB's and maybe a DEF or ST score in the 1st half, Schaub owners may be screwed. After his Phenominal 1st half last week (almost 350 yards), he only threw for 25 yards and a pick in the 2nd half with a comfy lead. They do not run up scores.

Washington has turned pass-happy (throwing 61% of the time) and Cambell and his receivers have played very good lately, avg. 273 yards over the last 3 games against solid opponents against the pass (NO, Oak, & Philly). Over that stretch he has thrown 7 TD's and run in another. He has the Giants at home this weekend, and we all know what Philly did to their secondary. In fact, NYG's have allowed 54 fantasy points to QB's the last two weeks. Plus.....it is on Monday night in primetime.

Crazy? Or crazy like a fox?

I am gonna go just crazy. Schaub will be fine. Sure there is a great chance he could be putting it on auto-pilot, but there is a chance that Cambell could lay an egg. Schaub is the safe play. With my other QB it is considerable, but we I deciding between starting Alex Smith and Cambell. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

I'm debating about starting him, but that will be over Alex Smith and Carson Palmer. I can see your rationale, but i wouldn't sit shaub you have to roll with him in my opinion but no your not crazy i see where this is debatable i guess.

I'm starting him this week over Haas, Cuter & Palmer.

I can't trust Hass with that shoulder injury.

Last week when he got hurt and went outta the game scared the

bejesus outta me.

I'll be starting Campbell over Brady this week. Yes, I'm serious. When you combine the fact that Brady's banged up, along with Buffalo's D that's strong against the pass and weak against the run, and Moss going psycho...I think Campbell's a less-risky play.

Something isn't right about NE right now, and sometimes you just gotta run with the hot hand. We'll see...

I'm playing against him in the playoffs this week, my opponent lost Matty Ice to injury. I'm hoping for no touchdowns and 3 picks :doublethumbsup:

i dropped Hasselback and grabbed Campbell because my opponent has either Alex Smith or Mark Sanchez. But no way am I rolling with Campbell over Schaub (my starter).

I'm debating about starting him, but that will be over Alex Smith and Carson Palmer. I can see your rationale, but i wouldn't sit shaub you have to roll with him in my opinion but no your not crazy i see where this is debatable i guess.
I cut Carson Palmer 2 weeks ago to make room for Jason Campbell. Specifically, this will be the only week I start Campbell all year. I like the Monday night atmosphere against an opponent they'll be charged up for. However, if can get through this week, Alex Smith will be my week 16 starter.

Picked him up this week in one league...starting him over Garrard and VY.

Also own him in another league, but don't think I'll start him over Brady.

:unsure: I have no choice, lost Matt Ryan and wasnt going to pick up Redman for his week 15 and 16 matchups!

Same situation here.

I'm very strongly considerinng starting Campbell over Big Ben. As a Giants fan...i've seen their secondary give up big play after big play since week 6. I don't think there's any reason to think that's going to change. They are terrible at stopping an opposing team on 3rd down...regardless of the yardage needed. It's actually quite sickening.

The problem is. I know their line is capable of putting pressure on the QB...even though they haven't done it at all lately. I just get the feeling the one time I have absolutely no confidence in them stopping a team...they'll come up big.

I think the decision is going to come down to game time conditions. If on sunday afternoon the weather is looking good for the Pitt game and looking cold and windy for the Jints game...i'll roll with Big Ben.

I'm already sitting Roddy this week in favor of Bowe...this could be the second major decision of the week.

To the OP stonewall - Campbell is a decent play this week and beyond, and I would probably start him over a lot of questionable options (Alex Smith, Big Ben, Hasselbeck, etc).

But there's NO WAY you should start him over Schaub. Schaub is a top5 QB in the league, and is playing the best football of his career. AND HE PLAYS THE RAMS. The Texans aren't a big/great running team, so I see Schaub absolutely torching the Rams. I think he's sure to get 280 yards and 2+ TDs, but I'm crossing my fingers he has one of thsoe 350 yards, 4 TD games :banana:

To the OP stonewall - Campbell is a decent play this week and beyond, and I would probably start him over a lot of questionable options (Alex Smith, Big Ben, Hasselbeck, etc).

But there's NO WAY you should start him over Schaub. Schaub is a top5 QB in the league, and is playing the best football of his career. AND HE PLAYS THE RAMS. The Texans aren't a big/great running team, so I see Schaub absolutely torching the Rams. I think he's sure to get 280 yards and 2+ TDs, but I'm crossing my fingers he has one of thsoe 350 yards, 4 TD games :bandana:

I'll echo that. Don't sit schaub.

Campbell blew up New Orleans, Philly and Oakland (by blew up...i mean had good games...20+ pts)...no reason to think he's not gonna do it against the Giants. He'll be good for 250 and 2...would you take that? I know i'll take that over the potential of other starters listed in this thread..

I also will be playing Campbell over Carson Palmer. Did it last week and worked out, and will be doing it this week.

WOuld you guys start Campbell over McNabb?

If you would've told me before the season that my QB's would be Carson Palmer and Jay Cutler, I would've been thrilled.

I cut Cutler for Alex Smith 2 weeks ago and today, cut Palmer for Jason Campbell. I'm rolling with Campbell over Smith. I think he is a solid play this week.

I drafted Campbell this year in Roud 14 specifically for Peyton's BYE week. I played Campbell during Peyton's BYE week and he scored a grand total of ZERO fantasy points and got benched by halftime. I immediately cut him.

Now, facing the Colts resting players I scrambled and got Alex Smith for Week 16 and Campbell for Week 15 (as insurance). I am leaning strongly towards starting Peyton tonight, so either Campbell or Smith is expendable. I will drop

Campbell and keep Smith instead for Week 16's insurance policy.

A week late but I wanted to pull the trigger on him last week.. My sac was severely shriveled due to the cold temps and did not allow me to start Campbell.. Well as story goes Palmer blows and scores 12 while a Campbell play gets me 28.. I lose by 14.5.. F it

never overthink at playoff time

Although I am not fully decided yet, I am SERIOUSLY thinking about rolling the dice with Cambell this weekend in the playoffs......over Schaub :ninja: . I know, I know, never bench your studs, right? Well, Schaub has been a stud......in the 1st half of a lot of games. However, it seems as though they rein him back in the 2nd half if they have a lead, like they likely will against St Louis this weekend. If they get a couple of rushing TD's from their cluster of RB's and maybe a DEF or ST score in the 1st half, Schaub owners may be screwed. After his Phenominal 1st half last week (almost 350 yards), he only threw for 25 yards and a pick in the 2nd half with a comfy lead. They do not run up scores.

Washington has turned pass-happy (throwing 61% of the time) and Cambell and his receivers have played very good lately, avg. 273 yards over the last 3 games against solid opponents against the pass (NO, Oak, & Philly). Over that stretch he has thrown 7 TD's and run in another. He has the Giants at home this weekend, and we all know what Philly did to their secondary. In fact, NYG's have allowed 54 fantasy points to QB's the last two weeks. Plus.....it is on Monday night in primetime.

Crazy? Or crazy like a fox?

i think it;s gonna snow pretty hard in washington this weekend. i am in a pickle cause i have eli and campbell on my team. my other qb is carson palmer :lol: so im probably gonna have to pick between eli and campbell.

If you would've told me before the season that my QB's would be Carson Palmer and Jay Cutler, I would've been thrilled.

I cut Cutler for Alex Smith 2 weeks ago and today, cut Palmer for Jason Campbell. I'm rolling with Campbell over Smith. I think he is a solid play this week.

those were my 2 qbs in one of my leagues. needless to say, i didn't make the playoffs in that league.

i drafted palmer in 3 out of 4. :lol:

i think it;s gonna snow pretty hard in washington this weekend. i am in a pickle cause i have eli and campbell on my team. my other qb is carson palmer :lol: so im probably gonna have to pick between eli and campbell.

Snow over the weekend shouldnt have any effect on the Monday night game. Its supposed to be clear on Monday night. Id personally go with Campbell at home.

Picked him up this week in one league...starting him over Garrard and VY.

Also own him in another league, but don't think I'll start him over Brady.

Kind of wishing I went with Garrard. :blink: