Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

P. Manning owners in the 'Ship

Colts coach Jim Caldwell was vague Monday when asked about his plans to use front-line players in Week 16 against the Jets.

Caldwell did say "for a guy to be excluded from the game, it will be a health issue," but guarded that by adding "I could not tell you exactly...whether a guy is going to play one series or the entire game." Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark, and Reggie Wayne are all going to be very risky fantasy bets in an already difficult matchup. Pierre Garcon is also dealing with a hand injury, making it possible that he'll be held out entirely. Dec. 21 - 2:20 pm et

Well, looks like I'll be saying arivaderchi to Mr. Melonhead this week in my fantasy championship. I've Roethilsberger as my no. 2 and after his performance this week, coupled with a must-win game next week at home v. Baltimore's gimpy secondary, I feel much better about rolling with him next week. Thus, I'm about 89% sure Manning will be on my bench for the biggest game of the year.

Is anyone rolling with Manning over a suitable replacement?

Not Manning, but I have Wayne. I think i'm sitting him because of this and the Revis factor. I have DJax to pull from the flex spot and someone else to fill that spot.

I will not stress about it until Saturday and Sunday. Let's see what comes out during the week. My only other option is Campbell (and Stafford if he is even playing), so I'm probably rolling with Manning unless Caldwell implies that he will not play the entire game.

At least I'm going up against the Wayne owner in my championship.

well, i guess this is good news since i'm versing the kid that has peyton this week in the championship, buuuuuut ... you never know, the opportunity to go undefeated doesn't come around often. it might not be up to caldwell, lol. peyton might leave himself in the game.

The Colts just played on Thursday night, and now get a week and a half before their next game, which is a home game. Plenty of down time for the players. They're 2 games away from a perfect season and over a month away from their first playoff game I believe. Why would they sit Peyton?

I also have to weigh a possible shorter appearance from #18 & a Jason Campbell start in a semis game (new league i've joined also plays it's finale in week 17.. ughhh).

After what the Giants did to Campbell, with their pressure and Mr. Ware waiting in the wings (in a must win game for the Cowgirls), it looks like biz as usual for Manning for me. Unless we hear something new from Caldwell & the Colts later in the week.

Hoping 3 quarters of Manning versus the Jets will still yield quality points.

I think Darrell Revis is minor factor.. but never underestimate the Jets ability to suck mightily.. on the road nonetheless. I put their motivation factor on the high side actually. They have little to play for now, other than trying to prevent the Colts perfect season. When all is siad-and-done, i still think Manning can torch them, like he does everyone for 3 quarters or so. I'd downgrade Wayne a good bit with Revis and I think we may see a good bit of Mike Hart in for Li'l Joe.. but that's all specualtion obviously.

:cheers:

I have manning & Clark...startin'em boff. Seems to me last week they're serious 'bout this undefeated thing. Plus I don't think they're gonna want to have too much rest before thier first playoff matchup.

I also have to weigh a possible shorter appearance from #18 & a Jason Campbell start in a semis game (new league i've joined also plays it's finale in week 17.. ughhh).

After what the Giants did to Campbell, with their pressure and Mr. Ware waiting in the wings (in a must win game for the Cowgirls), it looks like biz as usual for Manning for me. Unless we hear something new from Caldwell & the Colts later in the week.

Hoping 3 quarters of Manning versus the Jets will still yield quality points.

I think Darrell Revis is minor factor.. but never underestimate the Jets ability to suck mightily.. on the road nonetheless. I put their motivation factor on the high side actually. They have little to play for now, other than trying to prevent the Colts perfect season. When all is siad-and-done, i still think Manning can torch them, like he does everyone for 3 quarters or so. I'd downgrade Wayne a good bit with Revis and I think we may see a good bit of Mike Hart in for Li'l Joe.. but that's all specualtion obviously.

:headbanger:

I was pretty sure the Jets were still in the hunt for the playoffs so they have a lot to play for.

did anyone else see the stat last night were the Colts are 12-10 in last 2 weeks of season with Peyton Manning as QB :headbanger: Most of it can be blamed on him only playing parts of those games but still interesting stat.

I was pretty sure the Jets were still in the hunt for the playoffs so they have a lot to play for.

While that's mathematically still possible.. the odds are very much against them receiving all the help they'll need to back in.. even if they win their last two games.

But if the point is they're still alive & they'll be plenty motivated.. well, who can tell at this point after Sunday's collapse?

I've got Manning on my bench cause I have Schaub in his place. That almost cost me a victory last week though. The guy i'm playing against has Dallas Clark, so there still is a chance I'm going to go with Manning. Tough decision :music_guitarred:

I'd hate to see Manning throw a couple td's to my opponent's tight end. Unless I've got him starting

Don't be foolish - Indy wants to go undefeated. They will all play. Coachspeak is just that.

Don't be foolish - Indy wants to go undefeated. They will all play. Coachspeak is just that.

Indy wants to go undefeated??? :shocking: I havent heard one mention of that from their Coach. He would not say a word other than they are gonna prepare like they always do and would not say how many series each would play :music_guitarred:

They players should go to coach and say we want this. :dunno:

ok....lets think about this....its around a month before they play there 1st playoff game. No way they take a month off. Maybe they rest week 17 but this undefeated thing is a once and a lifetime thing and I think they want it. The only way they rest is if they are blowing out a team imo.

One thing to remember

2005.....lots of rest and colts lost to Pittsburgh at home and were rusty

1996 Denver Broncos.....shut it down to rest and lost at home to the expansion Jags and brunnell and were rusty.

just sayin..... :music_guitarred:

Here's what Stephania Bell of ESPN thinks (from her chat):

"I don't think they sit. Unless they're really hurt I think the Colts key players all see action. But...Caldwell went on to say that he's not sure how long they play. As in key guys could play just a few series. I'd bet that Manning/Clark get a half in. I expect Reggie Wayne might only last for a quarter or so."

Take it for what it's worth.

Polian has made it clear he doesn't care about the regular season and the head coach is a Tony Dungy protege. Combine those two factors and you've got near certainty that Manning won't play the full game on Sunday. He will suit up, but you don't know if he'll play just one series, a quarter, a half...or more. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that headache going in to my fantasy Superbowl. I drafted Manning in the past and got burned in just the same way and I'm glad I avoided making the same mistake again. The Colts always put up great regular season records and it's devastating to lose your fantasy football stars when the games matter the most because they decide to rest their starters.

If they make it to AFC Championship they will lose anyway so why not just play all their dam players :thumbsdown: I think it was 'kmbryant' who got mad at me for calling them PUSSAYS. Oh if they do not go for it this year I stand by that i believe they are PUSSAYS :overhead:

If they make it to AFC Championship they will lose anyway so why not just play all their dam players :thumbsdown: I think it was 'kmbryant' who got mad at me for calling them PUSSAYS. Oh if they do not go for it this year I stand by that i believe they are PUSSAYS :overhead:

the pats showed they can beat the colts. The colts are gonna lose to the chargers or pats in the playoffs. Another choke for peyton. Oh well......at least his commercials amused the mouth breathers.

Polian has made it clear he doesn't care about the regular season and the head coach is a Tony Dungy protege. Combine those two factors and you've got near certainty that Manning won't play the full game on Sunday. He will suit up, but you don't know if he'll play just one series, a quarter, a half...or more. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that headache going in to my fantasy Superbowl. I drafted Manning in the past and got burned in just the same way and I'm glad I avoided making the same mistake again. The Colts always put up great regular season records and it's devastating to lose your fantasy football stars when the games matter the most because they decide to rest their starters.

Well how well did that strategy work in the past :dunno: the answer is....NOT VERY WELL :thumbsdown: They seem to start 11-0, 12-0, 13-0, or 14-0 and rest their players, because yes they are scared :overhead: Then they lose in playoffs either to San Diego, New England or Pittsburg. "resting" their players has worked only one time so its time to rethink your strategy fellas :overhead:

the pats showed they can beat the colts. The colts are gonna lose to the chargers or pats in the playoffs. Another choke for peyton. Oh well......at least his commercials amused the mouth breathers.

yup :thumbsdown: I dont see New England winning in San Diego and the Chargers will go to INDY, like they have before in playoffs, and BEAT THE COLTS :overhead: :overhead:

Indy wants to go undefeated??? :overhead: I havent heard one mention of that from their Coach. He would not say a word other than they are gonna prepare like they always do and would not say how many series each would play :overhead:

They players should go to coach and say we want this. :thumbsdown:

They have

Pats won't even win in round 1 if they draw Pitt or Balt. They're definitely done against San Diego in round 2. Colts won't see the Pats.

Pats won't even win in round 1 if they draw Pitt or Balt. They're definitely done against San Diego in round 2. Colts won't see the Pats.

interesting. To be honest the pats should try to get the 4 seed so they get the colts in round two. I really want to see that rematch.

I am rollin with Alex Smith in the one championship game which I have PM...I anticipated this deal 5-6 weeks ago, and saw DETROIT as the week 16 opponent for Alex Smith and snagged him off the wire, JUST IN PREPARATION FOR THIS week , if I made the championship game !...I think that PM only plays one half, so I would rather have Smith with full game vs the WORST pass defense in the NFL, rather than 2 or 3 quarters of Manning vs the BEST pass defense in the NFL !!! :unsure: I also have GORE and may throw in Morgan as well, that is how much I believe the LIONS defense sucks !

interesting. To be honest the pats should try to get the 4 seed so they get the colts in round two. I really want to see that rematch.

i agree with this too. I dont see the Pats beating San Diego and would much rather play the Colts :unsure:

What year do you think this is? The Pats just had all they could handle from the Buffalo Bills. If they can scratch and claw their way into the playoffs at all this year, it's an accomplishment.

They're not that good this year. Sorry.

Well how well did that strategy work in the past :dunno: the answer is....NOT VERY WELL :pointstosky: They seem to start 11-0, 12-0, 13-0, or 14-0 and rest their players, because yes they are scared :pointstosky: Then they lose in playoffs either to San Diego, New England or Pittsburg. "resting" their players has worked only one time so its time to rethink your strategy fellas :dunno:

I could not agree more, but that's what makes Indianapolis a franchise I can never truly get behind. Say what you want about the Patriots, but at least they've shown balls in this league, going so far as to openly declare they've wanted to break certain records, go undefeated, etc. I'm so sick of political correctness in sports. But on topic, the Colts have gotten burned in the past by resting players, but I don't see that keeping them from doing it again. It sucks, but that's what makes them the Colts.

I don't think the Colts know what they're going to do. Their hope will be to run up a big lead and sit Manning in the second half so Painter can get some work. However, I don't think they'll pull Manning out of a close one. He's second to Favre in durability, so the risk is slight and he'd have three weeks to rest if he gets hurt. I don't think going undefeated is their priority--nor should it be--but I don't think they want to throw a rookie QB out there to blow the undefeated season by chucking four picks.

I don't know what I'm going to do either. I have Eli and Vince Young stashed and may go with one of them. I think Peyton will play longer than Clark or Wayne--although I'd rather have Clark for one quarter than, say, Kleinsasser for four games.

Listening to Mike and Mike this morning on the way to work they were interviewing Dwight Freeney. He did not come out and say it but he sure did sound like they are not gonna go for it :overhead: He kept saying all they care about is the playoffs and prepare one game at a time. He was asked the vary question and avoided an answer. He didnt play last week and the Colts will have had 10 days off till next game. I still say they are a bunch of PUSSAYS :music_guitarred: They will lose once again and say they dont care they resting up for playoffs. :lol:

In case you missed my earlier post. Since Peyton has been QB of the Colts the have gone 12-10 in the last 2 weeks of the regular season. Way to get ready for the playoffs :cheers: and Colts fans wonder why they have only 1 super bowl appearance and championship under Manning :shocking: Players need so show some balls and say we want to win ever game and will play every game

Payton: Saints won't rest front-line players

Brees

Saints coach Sean Payton said that he will not rest key players now that the quest for a perfect season is over.

The Saints haven't clinched the No. 1 seed in the NFC yet, but could with a win Sunday. "We're not resting them. We're playing right now," Payton said. "There are only two weeks left in the regular season, and we're full-speed ahead with this game that we're playing." That's obviously great news for owners of all Saints skill players with a tasty matchup against the Bucs on tap this week. Dec. 22 - 11:53 am et

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Colts fans and the Colts should read this :thumbsdown: They said they were would not rest players before they got beat and they are still saying it :pointstosky: Take some notes Colts :pointstosky: Saints arent scared.

Listening to Mike and Mike this morning on the way to work they were interviewing Dwight Freeney. He did not come out and say it but he sure did sound like they are not gonna go for it :pointstosky: He kept saying all they care about is the playoffs and prepare one game at a time. He was asked the vary question and avoided an answer. He didnt play last week and the Colts will have had 10 days off till next game. I still say they are a bunch of PUSSAYS :thumbsdown: They will lose once again and say they dont care they resting up for playoffs. :pointstosky:

From what you've typed, I can't see where they're not going for it. In fact, preparing one game at a time would lead me to believe they ultimately would go for it...........but they are taking this season 1 game at a time. I think the media is drawing conclusions on week 16/17 based on what Polian and Caldwell are saying......but maybe Polian and Caldwell are stating their ultimate goal is the SB and they'll decide what to do on a week by week, game by game basis, what is the right thing to do with this team.....that includes what to do with injured players. They want to make sure they're healthy going into the playoffs because the goal is the SB. Sounds like the Colts are concerned with the here and now, but wisely keep an eye to the future as well.

Colts fans and the Colts should read this :thumbsdown: They said they were would not rest players before they got beat and they are still saying it :pointstosky: Take some notes Colts :pointstosky: Saints arent scared.

All Payton is talking about is this week. And why the hell would he rest players this week when they haven't won homefield yet?

All Payton is talking about is this week. And why the hell would he rest players this week when they haven't won homefield yet?

my real point was they said it before they lost and they are still saying it :thumbsdown:

The COLTS will lose in the last 2 weeks like usual and will lose in playoffs :pointstosky:

but maybe Polian and Caldwell are stating their ultimate goal is the SB and they'll decide what to do on a week by week, game by game basis, what is the right thing to do with this team.....that includes what to do with injured players. They want to make sure they're healthy going into the playoffs because the goal is the SB. Sounds like the Colts are concerned with the here and now, but wisely keep an eye to the future as well.

how has that strategy work for them in the past :pointstosky: NOT VERY WELL SO TRY SOMETHING NEW :thumbsdown:

how has that strategy work for them in the past :dunno: NOT VERY WELL SO TRY SOMETHING NEW :shocking:

Who gives a crap?

What's past is past. It's sound thinking to worry about just the next game. It's also wise to plan for the future when you already know you have homefield advantage through the playoffs. Guys that are hurting this time of year and it makes sense to let them get healthy since you already have the regular season wrapped up.

Who gives a crap?

What's past is past. It's sound thinking to worry about just the next game. It's also wise to plan for the future when you already know you have homefield advantage through the playoffs. Guys that are hurting this time of year and it makes sense to let them get healthy since you already have the regular season wrapped up.

Who gives a crap :clap:

How things have worked in past will show you how certain things may work :dunno: Little thing called expierence :shocking: