Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Peyton is Benched?

This sure helps me as I am against him in my league. :headbanger:

To be honest, I am surprised they did that. I guess they have no fear of the Jets offense, not that they should have any reason to.

This sure helps me as I am against him in my league. :o

To be honest, I am surprised they did that. I guess they have no fear of the Jets offense, not that they should have any reason to.

i am sure they are PUSSAYS now :lol: You go 14-0 and up by only 5 and pull your guys. Have some dam balls and go for it :( Colts players should be pissed and tell their coach they want to go for it. But evidently nope :headbanger:

Unreal. I can't believe they're wussing out here. They're going to get a bye to rest their players, so have some stones and go for it.

Unreal. I can't believe they're wussing out here. They're going to get a bye to rest their players, so have some stones and go for it.

how dare someone else beside the classless 'patssox' call the COLTS puss!ies :headbanger:

how dare someone else beside the classless 'patssox' call the COLTS puss!ies :headbanger:

Not sure what's going on with that, but I think that they Colts pulling their players here is weak as hell.

I'd be disappointed too. But then again, what if Peyton got hurt in the game everyone would be all over Caldwell/Polian.

I actually wouldn't be a bit surprised if Peyton went back in.

I'd be disappointed too. But then again, what if Peyton got hurt in the game everyone would be all over Caldwell/Polian.

hell he could get hurt 1st drop back in first game of playoffs. You cant play they game worrying about injury. If i was a player on the COlts i would be freakin pissed and if i was in that stadium id be pissed

i thought they'd only play a series or two

i dont understand why you'd play them for almost 3 full quarters, and then pull them in a tight game

if sitting them for the 4th qtr is so important....why did they play the first 3?

True. I am disappointed. I wish he would get back in there, but no freaking way.

Unless....Painter goes out there on the next drive and fakes an injury.

Why play certain players at all than? Seems rather pointless to go all out for 3 QTRs only to pull Manning with a bunch of time left in a 1 score game.

Now the Jets are up 18-15... why wouldn't you want Manning in there trying to keep yourself undefeated on the season unless he went to the coach himself and asked to be pulled for some reason. I don't get it - pretty disappointing to go for the win most of the game only to tank it in the final minutes.

if i was a Colts fan i would be FOCKING PISSED. Since im not i think its funny they play not to win in these games. And dont say they play to win because if they did Peyton would still be in. They dont deserve to be 16-0 :headbanger: Those other AFC teams fighting for a playoff spot should go burn the Colts stadium down

Why play certain players at all than? Seems rather pointless to go all out for 3 QTRs only to pull Manning with a bunch of time left in a 1 score game.

Now the Jets are up 18-15... why wouldn't you want Manning in there trying to keep yourself undefeated on the season unless he went to the coach himself and asked to be pulled for some reason. I don't get it - pretty disappointing to go for the win most of the game only to tank it in the final minutes.

I can assure you, that is not the case. I am watching the game and it actually looks like Manning is begging to get back in there.

why wouldn't you want Manning in there trying to keep yourself undefeated on the season unless he went to the coach himself and asked to be pulled for some reason. I really don't get it - pretty disappointing to go for the win most of the game only to tank it in the final minutes.

it's a shot at football immortality and as a player, it should be everything you play for.

this is just weak if they pull their starters and lose, it's gutless.

I can assure you, that is not the case. I am watching the game and it actually looks like Manning is begging to get back in there.

Manning should not beg to get back in the game :headbanger: He should have told the coach before the game that unless they are up big or down big he was not coming out of the game. Other players have said that is what they would do and did. Most of the blame goes to coach but the players have to man up and say we want this.

Manning should not beg to get back in the game :music_guitarred: He should have told the coach before the game that unless they are up big or down big he was not coming out of the game. Other players have said that is what they would do and did. Most of the blame goes to coach but the players have to man up and say we want this.

If you've actually watched the game, or followed the Colts, Manning is practically begging to go back in.

If you've actually watched the game, or followed the Colts, Manning is practically begging to go back in.

he should not have to beg to get back in the dam game!!!!!!! He should not have come out in first dam place. Your telling me if Peyton went to coach before game or 2 weeks ago and said your not taking me out unless we are way ahead or behind that he would have came out. NO WAY IN HELL

he should not have to beg to get back in the dam game!!!!!!! He should not have come out in first dam place. Your telling me if Peyton went to coach before game or 2 weeks ago and said your not taking me out unless we are way ahead or behind that he would have came out. NO WAY IN HELL

You, sir, are clueless

And just finding ways to insult the Colts and/or Peyton Manning.

Oh, joy. Now we will get to see the old ex-Dolphin fagguts drinking their h0m0 champagne.

Die, already, you creeps. You are old and useless to society.

Starters played 3/4 of a game, and left with a lead. I'm sure that was the game plan. Mission accomplished. Whatever happens after that really doesn't matter.

You really should know this. Really, you should. You, as a whiny pats fan, should know this.

I have to admit, as a Pats fan I am glad to know that there will still only be one 16-0 team.

I have to admit, as a Pats fan I am glad to know that there will still only be one 16-0 team.

Sorry kiddo. Pats fans from vintage-era taught us all that the regular season doesn't matter. You can't sing that tune, and then try to deny it later.

just finding ways to insult the Colts and/or Peyton Manning.

throwing in the towel is inexcusable.

this isn't about Peyton Manning, he doesn't have much say here, it's about Poian, the coaches, and the Colts organization.

it's a pathetic philosophy and approach.

see, the road to perfection is hard. It's hard for the front office, the players, and the fans. but the reward at the end of that grind is immortality and you don't just refuse to go for it because it's too hard. that's soft, weak, unsportsman, and inexcusable.

I'd rather see NE run up scores and arrogantly claim that they're going for it all.

And though I realize that neither is palatable, just giving up is worse.

Someone break out the Henry V Saint Crispin's day speech. Some Day, Peyton Manning will look back on this with tremendous regret. The whole Colts team will. An opportunity to achieve something so great does not come along often and just throwing it away is disgraceful.

this isn't about Peyton Manning, he doesn't have much say here, it's about Poian, the coaches, and the Colts organization.

see, the road to perfection is hard. It's hard for the front office, the players, and the fans. but the reward at the end of that grind is immortality and you don't just refuse to go for it because it's too hard. that's soft, weak, unsportsman, and inexcusable.

I'd rather see NE run up scores and arrogantly claim that they're going for it all.

Someone break out the Henry V Saint Crispin's day speech. Some Day, Peyton Manning will look back on this with tremendous regret. The whole Colts team will. An opportunity to achieve something so great does not come along often and just throwing it away is disgraceful.

I agree with 100% of this. The only thing that bothers me is PATSSOX acting like the Colts have no class, and the entire team is a bunch of poosays just because our owner is trying to win a SuperBowl.

You can call out Bill Polian all you want, because I'll be right there with ya on it. But to say it's Peyton Manning's fault that he isnt playing is just ridiculous.

But I guess we'll hafta wait and see how it all plays out in the playoffs

You can call out Bill Polian all you want, because I'll be right there with ya on it.

You'll all have to pardon me if I choose to put my faith in the man who has constructed the winningest NFL franchise of the decade.

You'll all have to pardon me if I choose to put my faith in the man who has constructed the winningest NFL franchise of the decade.

Oh I agree with you, the man is a genius, and is quite possibly the greatest talent evaluator in the game.

But I will call him out on resting his players AGAIN. The history of it really isn't as bad as anyone is making it out to be (it's only happened 2 or 3 times, and could really only argue it cost us 1 playoff game, and even that is debatable.) But all it takes to achieve a perfect season is an extra 4 quarters for Peyton Manning.

It's not even like the dude is injury prone. He and Wayne have played in every single game together it their entire careers. Not only does a 16-0 season go down in the record books, but you then get to carry over that momentum and team camaraderie into the playoffs. Now you have to try and convince this team that losing a game doesn't matter. That as hard as we worked all off-season, and the first 14 games, doesn't matter anymore because we aren't perfect/undefeated. It's like trying to get rid of a hangover to try and play football.

I just don't get it

I was wondering what this might do to the Colts' morale come playoff time. What kind of message does this send to your team? Other than the party-line "we're professionals, it's the Super Bowl that's important".

An interesting decision, to say the least.

You can call out Bill Polian all you want, because I'll be right there with ya on it. But to say it's Peyton Manning's fault that he isnt playing is just ridiculous.

But I guess we'll hafta wait and see how it all plays out in the playoffs

the ONLY way it works out is if IND wins the Superbowl. THAT'S IT.

anything less and this move is a huge stain on the organization.

there's part of me that feels bad for Manning here.

He may be the greatest QB to ever play and he DESERVES a chance at the immortal season.

And as much as NE's 16-0, record shattering season hurt in the end, it is probably the season that I will remember the most... I have NEVER been on such an emotional ride with a team before. You're getting cheated as fans here.

This.

Also, it pisses me off cause I'd like to see the playoffs include the best teams. I don't think there's any doubt that Pitt or Baltimore strike a little more fear into opponents than the Jets. But now we have to worry about the Jets winning next week and getting into the playoffs.

Also, how about this: Instead of benching the starters in this game, play it out and win, then sit the starters in the second half of the Bills game next week. Playing 1/2 a game against the Bills, you'd likely have a big enough lead that you'd win anyway. Then you get a half of rest there and you get a bye week to rest up and your 16-0 season.

Brett would never let this happen

This is true...

...he would have been in there throwing picks until they lost.

You're getting cheated as fans here.

Bingo. It is a nice middle finger to the fan base.

But all it takes to achieve a perfect season is an extra 4 quarters for Peyton Manning.

It's not even like the dude is injury prone. He and Wayne have played in every single game together it their entire careers.

But what if one of them did get injured, and were lost for the playoffs? You can see what the backups look like just by looking at the final third of the game today. Even if its a 1% chance, or whatever, there's just no justification to risk it. Its cold calculus.

Look at it this way: going for a "perfect season" is the easy call. Minimizing the risk of injury (starters play 2/3 of the game) is the hard call.

It takes a man like Polian to make the hard calls.

the ONLY way it works out is if IND wins the Superbowl. THAT'S IT.

anything less and this move is a huge stain on the organization.

there's part of me that feels bad for Manning here.

He may be the greatest QB to ever play and he DESERVES a chance at the immortal season.

And as much as NE's 16-0, record shattering season hurt in the end, it is probably the season that I will remember the most... I have NEVER been on such an emotional ride with a team before. You're getting cheated as fans here.

Again, well said. I agree 100%

I have to laugh at this. The Colts are undefeated late in the season 3 years out of four. I've been on that ride.

Gooey crap like this makes you sound like a Pats homer desperate for attention. No one really cares about your 2007 season because you lost the only game that mattered.

But what if one of them did get injured, and were lost for the playoffs? You can see what the backups look like just by looking at the final third of the game today. Even if its a 1% chance, or whatever, there's just no justification to risk it. Its cold calculus.

Look at it this way: going for a "perfect season" is the easy call. Minimizing the risk of injury (starters play 2/3 of the game) is the hard call.

That argument loses all meaning when you run your starters for the first 3 quarters anyway. Is the fourth quarter the 'injury' quarter? It was okay to risk injury for 3 quarters, but that last one is unsafe?

Well we've done the resting before, and it clearly hasn't given us a benefit. And there's a strong argument that it's been detrimental to our playoff performances.

The risk of losing Manning or a key player is less that 1%. Of course you sit a banged up player, like we've done with Mathis and Freeney. But I'm pretty confident that Manning, who's played like 190 straight starts, won't get injured in an extra 3 or 4 quarters of work.

In my honest opinion, you have a bigger risk of losing momentum/team camaraderie is a lot bigger than the injury risk...something we've experienced a few times already.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be defending Polian. He's steered that organization to a level of success they could not have imagined.

But the case you make in defending him is nearly identical to the case NE fans make when defending Belichick.

Well we've done the resting before, and it clearly hasn't given us a benefit. And there's a strong argument that it's been detrimental to our playoff performances.

The risk of losing Manning or a key player is less that 1%. Of course you sit a banged up player, like we've done with Mathis and Freeney. But I'm pretty confident that Manning, who's played like 190 straight starts, won't get injured in an extra 3 or 4 quarters of work.

In my honest opinion, you have a bigger risk of losing momentum/team camaraderie is a lot bigger than the injury risk...something we've experienced a few times already.

Agree to disagree. There's a big difference between sitting out of a game, on the one hand, and playing 2-3 full quarters, on the other. As long as the Colts do the latter, I'm on board with the plan.

Starters played 3/4 of a game, and left with a lead. I'm sure that was the game plan. Mission accomplished. Whatever happens after that really doesn't matter.

You really should know this. Really, you should. You, as a whiny pats fan, should know this.

They were up 15-10 not 35-10 :lol: The main reason i give the Colts fans crap is because they seem to do this every year and nearly every year it does not work.(beside one year they won) So why the hell not try and play through season keep momentum :dunno: They just had 10 days off before this game and will get another bye in 2 weeks. We all saw what the VaGiants did in 2007. They got hot stayed hot and won it.

Try something different if your strategy has not worked in past :music_guitarred: I wanted to see them go for it. Did i want them to do it no but i wanted to see them try.

Agree to disagree. There's a big difference between sitting out of a game, on the one hand, and playing 2-3 full quarters, on the other. As long as the Colts do the latter, I'm on board with the plan.

It's almost more disheartening for the starters to practice and play their @$$es off for 2.5 quarters, build a lead, only to end up losing the game. That's no "moral victory". I'm sorry, but moral victories don't exist past the age of about 7.

But what is the point of playing 2 or 3 quarters, and then argue that we need to pull players to prevent them from injuries. So they can play the first 59 quarters of the season, but not the 60th? Really?