Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Peyton is Benched?

Oh, joy. Now we will get to see the old ex-Dolphin fagguts drinking their h0m0 champagne.

Die, already, you creeps. You are old and useless to society.

:thumbsdown:

Give me a break. You call yourself a fan, but you fail to support the general manager and coach who constructed the most successful team in 2009 and in the 2000's all-together? That's your prerogative, but don't you dare question my support for the team when I also support the men who made the team.

Not everyone who is a fan is an intelligent fan. You, sir, are case in point.

Since when is a one Super Bowl winning team the most successful team of the decade? :unsure:

To those that said that it's been proven that resting for the playoffs hasn't helped Indy in the past... that's just a myth. Look up their performances. They had only one stinker playoff game after resting. The rest of the time, they were ready to go.

One Colts fan wrote on IndyStar.com

"Dear Colts Corporation,

When you boil it all down, you are in the ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS. Last night's game was an exercise in alienating your fans, who look forward to the weekend for the escape from reality through being entertained. Dumb, dumb business."

And I completely agree. While I wanted the Colts to lose I wanted them to lose with class and a full effort. Shameful of the Colts, and it completely destroys their momentum. Shockingly bad decision on so many levels.

Even if they win the SuperBowl they will always have a black mark on this season. Indy fans are furious, go read IndyStar.com

I see it this way. If Peyton Manning really wanted a perfect season, he should have at least threw a few TD's in the time he played. Zero frickin TD's by the 3rd quarter and you look grim faced on the sideline for the rest of the game? You should have stepped your game up Peyton and gave the benchers a sizable lead. If anything, it showed me that Caldwell made the right decision because if Peyton does get hurt, Painter is the next in line under the center.

I see it this way. If Peyton Manning really wanted a perfect season, he should have at least threw a few TD's in the time he played. Zero frickin TD's by the 3rd quarter and you look grim faced on the sideline for the rest of the game? You should have stepped your game up Peyton and gave the benchers a sizable lead. If anything, it showed me that Caldwell made the right decision because if Peyton does get hurt, Painter is the next in line under the center.

Peyton lead them on 3 scoring drives, two for TD's and one for a field goal. Just because he didn't throw for the TD's, I was happy to see us running the ball more yesterday. And everyone besides you knew Painter was next in line under center if Manning were to go down. Did it really take this game for you to see that?

Pretty shocking and ballsy move by the HC. Specially considering it was at home, and you for sure prolly are not playing him in Buffalo next week. Will be damn near a month before he plays a serious game again, like the guys on Mike & Mike were saying this morning. But hats off to Peyton for handling it like a professional.

Peyton lead them on 3 scoring drives, two for TD's and one for a field goal. Just because he didn't throw for the TD's, I was happy to see us running the ball more yesterday. And everyone besides you knew Painter was next in line under center if Manning were to go down. Did it really take this game for you to see that?

I see you are still sensitive because boy wonder didn't get the job done. Get over it! :dunno:

Actually, I think you are the clueless one.

Manning, as the competitor he is, wanted to play and doesn't deserve any flack. The Colts, on the other hand, managed this pretty poorly and do deserve some heat. Cowardly.

That was my point - that this decision isn't on Manning. While Polian is probably the hands-down best president in the game, I really disagree with this decision to rest players again.

To those that said that it's been proven that resting for the playoffs hasn't helped Indy in the past... that's just a myth. Look up their performances. They had only one stinker playoff game after resting. The rest of the time, they were ready to go.

I agree that it isn't AS BAD as people make it out to be. But look at it this way. We've rested players about 3 or 4 times. We came out flat in one game. So 2 or 3 times, it hasn't really affected us much. So it only hurt us one time out of 3 or 4? First off, 25% or 33% isn't very good on its own right. But IT HASN'T HELPED US IN THE OTHER GAMES. The argument is to give players rest and injury prevention to make sure we play our best come playoff time...that hasn't happened in the playoffs after we've rested our starters.

One Colts fan wrote on IndyStar.com

"Dear Colts Corporation,

When you boil it all down, you are in the ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS. Last night's game was an exercise in alienating your fans, who look forward to the weekend for the escape from reality through being entertained. Dumb, dumb business."

And I completely agree. While I wanted the Colts to lose I wanted them to lose with class and a full effort. Shameful of the Colts, and it completely destroys their momentum. Shockingly bad decision on so many levels.

Even if they win the SuperBowl they will always have a black mark on this season. Indy fans are furious, go read IndyStar.com

Now I agree with you about it being a bad move, but I think you need to stop saying you'd look down on this team if they win a championship. Not saying Caldwell/Polian would look like a genius if we win a SuperBowl, but if this 14-2 Colts team wins a SuperBowl, it's arguably one of the greatest 2 or 3 seasons of all time.

Here's some questions/thoughts I have...

If Indy had nothing to play for and the game didn't matter and they wanted to protect Peyton why start him at all? The guy never gets hurt, he's pretty damn durable, I doubt 20 minutes was going to end his season. Why not bench him last week as well? Didn't Indy have it wrapped up already last week also?

I hope the Jets get to play Indy and beat them.

Imagine how mad you would be if you spent big bucks on tickets to that game, to watch history and you get robbed like that. What a terrible thing to do to your fans.

This is the beginning of the end for Indy. We've seen them rest before and it hasn't worked for the most part.

I've been reading at Indystar.com and the fans in Indy are furious. I've even read a few different quotes saying how they now have more respect for Belichick than Caldwell, because Belichick tries to win but Caldwell quit on the fans. I agree.

I've been reading at Indystar.com and the fans in Indy are furious. I've even read a few different quotes saying how they now have more respect for Belichick than Caldwell, because Belichick tries to win but Caldwell quit on the fans. I agree.

Please do copy and paste to validate this ridiculous statement.

Actually, nevermind...I know you'll just make up some aliases and fake some quotes, so nevermind.

Here's some questions/thoughts I have...

If Indy had nothing to play for and the game didn't matter and they wanted to protect Peyton why start him at all? The guy never gets hurt, he's pretty damn durable, I doubt 20 minutes was going to end his season. Why not bench him last week as well? Didn't Indy have it wrapped up already last week also?

Try learning something about the game of football. The reason the starters play 2-3 quarters is the same reason they play 2-3 quarters in the preseason: it gives them an opportunity to stay with their weekly schedule and routine, including game time preparation and execution, while balancing the risk of injury in a meaningless game. They will do the same thing next week. And they will do the same thing during the bye week, but Cadwell will have to substitute a simulation for the actual game.

The Polian system is about getting the players in a routine -- a routine designed to prepare the team for peak performance at game time. It seems to work pretty well, considering we're the most successful franchise of the decade.

I hope the Jets get to play Indy and beat them.

Imagine how mad you would be if you spent big bucks on tickets to that game, to watch history and you get robbed like that. What a terrible thing to do to your fans.

This is the beginning of the end for Indy. We've seen them rest before and it hasn't worked for the most part.

Hold on a second while I check the Jets recent playoff history versus the Colts .... :headbanger:

I said it before; I'll say it again: there are fans, and then there are intelligent fans. There's no IQ test before they sell you a ticket. Every team has idiot fans, including the Colts. Indeed, some teams have an unusually high percentage of idiot fans.

Patriots

I see you are still sensitive because boy wonder didn't get the job done. Get over it! :headbanger:

What the hell are you talking about? Please don't post again if you really are as stupid as this.

That was my point - that this decision isn't on Manning. While Polian is probably the hands-down best president in the game, I really disagree with this decision to rest players again.

I agree that it isn't AS BAD as people make it out to be. But look at it this way. We've rested players about 3 or 4 times. We came out flat in one game. So 2 or 3 times, it hasn't really affected us much. So it only hurt us one time out of 3 or 4? First off, 25% or 33% isn't very good on its own right. But IT HASN'T HELPED US IN THE OTHER GAMES. The argument is to give players rest and injury prevention to make sure we play our best come playoff time...that hasn't happened in the playoffs after we've rested our starters.

Now I agree with you about it being a bad move, but I think you need to stop saying you'd look down on this team if they win a championship. Not saying Caldwell/Polian would look like a genius if we win a SuperBowl, but if this 14-2 Colts team wins a SuperBowl, it's arguably one of the greatest 2 or 3 seasons of all time.

Of "all-time"? What are you... 10 years old?

Of "all-time"? What are you... 10 years old?

So a team goes 18-1 or 17-2 WITH A SUPERBOWL RING, with their only losses being by their backups...that's not one of the greatest seasons ever?????

What the hell are you talking about? Please don't post again if you really are as stupid as this.

Add this to your signature

Puss!ed out of trying to go undefeated - 2009

Add this to your signature

Puss!ed out of trying to go undefeated - 2009

So this is either Dallas Empire, Patsox, or BBBO. Which one?

The Polian system is about getting the players in a routine -- a routine designed to prepare the team for peak performance at game time. It seems to work pretty well, considering we're the most successful franchise of the decade.

How has this "system" worked for Polian in the past? Let's see, one Superbowl for Indy and zero for Buffalo. Some system. Polian has been successful for a few reasons, mainly of which are his players. That's about it. He's been lucky to have the likes of Peyton Manning, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and a few other greats.

How has this "system" worked for Polian in the past? Let's see, one Superbowl for Indy and zero for Buffalo. Some system. Polian has been successful for a few reasons, mainly of which are his players. That's about it. He's been lucky to have the likes of Peyton Manning, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and a few other greats.

Honestly, as a talent evaluator, he is second to none. Look at our entire team:

Manning, Wayne, Clark, Addai, Brown, Saturday, Gonzalez, Garcon, Collie, Freeney, Sessions, Our Secondary, all came via draft.

Every year he turns a few mid-to-late round selections into starters...He really is the best in the game in terms of evaluating talent, that's pretty much in agreement around the NFL.

So this is either Dallas Empire, Patsox, or BBBO. Which one?

why because you are shocked that someone beside me gives the Colts sh!t for being pansyies :music_guitarred:

So a team goes 18-1 or 17-2 WITH A SUPERBOWL RING, with their only losses being by their backups...that's not one of the greatest seasons ever?????

IF and that is a big IF the Colts do happen to go 18-1 no one will talk about them winning the Super Bowl the only thing they will be remembered for is losing that game yesterday :music_guitarred:

AND IF YOU THINK DIFFERENTLY YOU ARE KIDDING YOUR SELF

Honestly, as a talent evaluator, he is second to none. Look at our entire team:

Manning, Wayne, Clark, Addai, Brown, Saturday, Gonzalez, Garcon, Collie, Freeney, Sessions, Our Secondary, all came via draft.

Every year he turns a few mid-to-late round selections into starters...He really is the best in the game in terms of evaluating talent, that's pretty much in agreement around the NFL.

I agree. ...but at some point, if you're Polian, do you say to yourself, "what can I and my coaching staff change to help these teams we've put together get over the hump?"

They shoulda put it to a fan vote.

1. Bench our best players and let em rest. We won't take the chance of injury.

2. Let em play and if injuries happen so be it, at least we tried.

This would have been the best way out of this mess ...IMO. What the hell.. why not.

IF and that is a big IF the Colts do happen to go 18-1 no one will talk about them winning the Super Bowl the only thing they will be remembered for is losing that game yesterday :rolleyes:

Personally, I think only you and a few Pats fans will be the only ones talking about it.

Personally, I think only you and a few Pats fans will be the only ones talking about it.

really :rolleyes:

IF and that is a big IF the Colts do happen to go 18-1 no one will talk about them winning the Super Bowl the only thing they will be remembered for is losing that game yesterday :thumbsdown:

What are you talking about?

If the Colts win on Sunday, beat Baltimore or Cincy or Pitt or NYJ or Denver in the divisional round, then beat the Chargers or Pats in the AFC Championship game....THEN go to Miami and beat the Saints/Vikings/Cowboys/Eagles/Cardinals and win their 2nd SuperBowl in 4 years, cementing Manning's legacy....everyone's gonna be talking about resting their starters for 20 minutes in week 15? :doublethumbsup:

Seriously, what drugs are you taking, I want some.

i think the colts made a mistake because they completely lost all momentum with the loss. players feed off that energy, it helps motivate them to play harder and win. sports is both physical and mental and they had the winning feeling all year long and each game they played to win. this loss towards the end of the season could throw them off.... going 16-0 and heading into the playoffs might give them a little more motivation and playing for a undefeated 19-0 might just help boost the players mentality.

I can't remember the superbowl champ 5 years ago, but I can tell you that the 72 dolphins went undefeated and the Pats were 16-0. There is a champion every year. But there will probably never be a 19-0 team... or another 16-0 team for that matter.

If the Colts win on Sunday, beat Baltimore or Cincy or Pitt or NYJ or Denver in the divisional round, then beat the Chargers or Pats in the AFC Championship game....THEN go to Miami and beat the Saints/Vikings/Cowboys/Eagles/Cardinals and win their 2nd SuperBowl in 4 years, cementing Manning's legacy....everyone's gonna be talking about resting their starters for 20 minutes in week 15? :doublethumbsup:

maybe i need to take some drugs??? If the Colts go on and win the rest of their games and finish the year 18-1 all people will talk about is the benching of players and what could or should have been the best season and team in history of NFL. I dont understand why the majority(atleast on this board) of you Colts fan are trying to defend this? :thumbsdown: You think i call the Colts bad names if the Patriots did this id probably send them hate mail....well thats a little over board.

I forget the Colts fans name on here that said he was at the game yesterday and how pissed off he was. I also could not imagine going to a Pats or Red Sox game and paying good money for tickets with hopes of watching history and when they were on the verge of it the coach took all the starters out and waved the white flag :mad: The fans should have stormed the field-LOL

First, what the hell are you talking about? You make ZERO SENSE!

Getting the players in a routine? OK than yesterday they broke routine.

Preparing the team for peak performance at GAME TIME? Game time? Doesn't every team try to be at peak performance at game time? Do you mean peak performance at PLAYOFF TIME? OK well they suck at that also because the Colts have had many shots in the playoffs and been the #1 seed several times and haven't done nearly as well as people thought they would. If anything the Polian system has failed the Colts for a few years now other than the one lucky year that the Pats choked away a lead.

Berner you really make little sense and furthermore the most successful team of the decade is hands down the Patriots. It's not even close.

You keep arguing the point that the Super Bowl is much more important than trying to preserve 16-0 at the risk of injury ruining their chances at a Super Bowl. That's fine - I can see both sides of the "should they have kept Manning et al in the game" debate.

You also keep making the statement that I bolded above. The only way you can possibly make this statement is to heavily weight the importance of regular season record, seeing as they've only even made one Super Bowl final this decade. This directly counters your "importance of the Super Bowl" argument.

So which one is it? :dunno:

Berner you really make little sense and furthermore the most successful team of the decade is hands down the Patriots. It's not even close.

I think Steeler fans could make a decent argument for their team as well.

If the Colts win on Sunday, beat Baltimore or Cincy or Pitt or NYJ or Denver in the divisional round, then beat the Chargers or Pats in the AFC Championship game....THEN go to Miami and beat the Saints/Vikings/Cowboys/Eagles/Cardinals and win their 2nd SuperBowl in 4 years, cementing Manning's legacy....everyone's gonna be talking about resting their starters for 20 minutes in week 15? :dunno:

If the Colts win on Super Bowl Sunday all anyone will be talking is the week 15 game. Yes, correct. Period. If you can't see that you are a rare breed. It was a lose lose lose move on Sunday.

1 lose) They lost

2 lose) If they lose without a Super Bowl everyone will say this is the reason why

3 lose) If they win the week 15 throwing of a game will be topic du jour and a black mark on any victory

I think Steeler fans could make a decent argument for their team as well.

It's the Patriots hands down but the Steelers are clearly in the debate for #2 with the Colts. Patriots have many more wins and an extra Super Bowl as well as an extra AFC Championship.

maybe i need to take some drugs??? If the Colts go on and win the rest of their games and finish the year 18-1 all people will talk about is the benching of players and what could or should have been the best season and team in history of NFL. I dont understand why the majority(atleast on this board) of you Colts fan are trying to defend this? :dunno: You think i call the Colts bad names if the Patriots did this id probably send them hate mail....well thats a little over board.

I forget the Colts fans name on here that said he was at the game yesterday and how pissed off he was. I also could not imagine going to a Pats or Red Sox game and paying good money for tickets with hopes of watching history and when they were on the verge of it the coach took all the starters out and waved the white flag :thumbsup: The fans should have stormed the field-LOL

Seriously??? I feel like I'm trying to teach a bunch of retards calculus here...

First off, I'm not defending the decision...I'm right with you on that one.

We probably won't beat Buffalo next week without Manning. We finish 14-2, with 2 losses that don't carry any weight. This scenario we are talking about, the Colts beat a good team at home in the 2nd round of the playoffs...then beat likely San Diego or New England in the Championship game, then beat the Saints/Vikings/etc in the SuperBowl...Manning gets his 2nd ring after his 4th MVP, Caldwell wins a SB as a rookie head coach...AND YOU THINK ALL THIS COUNTRY WILL BE TALKING ABOUT IS RESTING THEIR STARTERS?!?!?!?!?

I understand it'll be brought up "what could have been" here and there, but don't act like their season just got thrown away, EVEN if they win a SuperBowl.

If the Colts win the Super Bowl, no one will be talking about what happened in week 15. No one will care.

disagree completely.

the FIRST thing they talk about is that What If scenario.

Froth some more, silly Patsies fan. It seems like you've got 16 weeks of anti-Colts bile built up in your colon, and now that Colts finally lost a game, you and your New England friends are splashing the forum with your mass diarrhea. Its gross, but expected of your kind.

Sorry kids, nothing you say about Caldwell's decision is going to change, alter, or redirect the fact that Bellichick made the single-worst coaching decision of the 2009 season. Fourth-and-two. For the next decade, I'll be able to simply say "fourth and two" to any football fan, and they will instantly recall the stupidity of that decision and your so-called genius of a coach. The stink of that failure will never wash away. Ever.

So feel free to continue your silly tirade; your motives are obvious to all. Fourth-and-two, my deluded friend, fourth-and-two.

Froth some more, silly Patsies fan. It seems like you've got 16 weeks of anti-Colts bile built up in your colon, and now that Colts finally lost a game, you and your New England friends are splashing the forum with your mass diarrhea. Its gross, but expected of your kind.

Sorry kids, nothing you say about Caldwell's decision is going to change, alter, or redirect the fact that Bellichick made the single-worst coaching decision of the 2009 season. Fourth-and-two. For the next decade, I'll be able to simply say "fourth and two" to any football fan, and they will instantly recall the stupidity of that decision and your so-called genius of a coach. The stink of that failure will never wash away. Ever.

So feel free to continue your silly tirade; your motives are obvious to all. Fourth-and-two, my deluded friend, fourth-and-two.

Dude, if the Patriots win the Super Bowl nobody will talk about that play ever again.

If the Colts win the Super Bowl everybody will criticize them for missing out on history.

You are a terrible poster. I mean I really haven't seen you around often but you are really bad.

I'm not a Pats fan, I'm a Steeler homer ....but I respect the hell out of what the Pats front office does, the way they respect their fans and the game.

I can't say that for Indy. Not even close.

I figured it out! I figured out why the Pat fans care so much about the Colts letting the Jets win.

THEY ARE AFRAID THEY WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN THE 6TH SEED AND THE PATS WILL HAVE TO PLAY THEM AND THEY ARE AFRAID TO LOSE TO THEM AGAIN!

Now it makes perfect sense!