Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

With the 22nd pick in draft the Patriots select.....

Golden Tate from Notre Dame :mad: I just read article on ESPNboston and i love the sound of it!!!!! The hell with a RB or defense in first round lets grab Tate who is a dam stud. Moss is a beatch(who knows when he maybe done) and Welker may well....never be Welker again so i kinda like the idea.

Golden choice for Pats at 22?

February, 4, 2010

By Mike Reiss

Nolan Nawrocki of Pro Football Weekly has put together his first mock draft and while many draftniks have the Patriots picking a defender with their first-round choice, he goes against the grain by tabbing Notre Dame receiver Golden Tate.

"Losing No. 3 WR Jabar Gaffney affected the Patriots' offense more than expected, and Tate would have an accelerated learning curve, coming from Charlie Weis' offense," Nawrocki writes.

The Pro Football Weekly mock draft places a higher premium on matching the value of talent to the approximate range at this point in time, as team needs are still coming into focus.

ANALYSIS: Randy Moss returns in 2010 and Julian Edelman projects to fill in until Wes Welker returns. How highly the Patriots rate the need for a receiver could also tie into Brandon Tate's rehab. A 2009 third-round draft choice, Tate would probably be third on the non-Welker depth chart at this time, assuming he is healthy from last season's knee injury. The Patriots will likely be targeting a receiver this offseason -- in the draft or free agency -- especially considering that Moss is in the final year of his contract. The first round might be a bit rich for receiver, but if they feel like Golden Tate could be a future No. 1 -- and defensive needs could be addressed later in the draft or free agency -- it isn't a far-fetched thought. The Patriots, for what it's worth, have not selected a receiver in the first round under Bill Belichick.

Maybe old Belicheat will change his ways and go with a WR :mad:

unfortunately, the notre dame skill position players coming from under weis' tutlelage in that playbook will all have tough perceptions to break.

quinn, mcknight, samardjia[sp?], walker ~~ clausen, tate, floyd ???

buyer beware :lol: :mad: :mad:

unfortunately, the notre dame skill position players coming from under weis' tutlelage in that playbook will all have tough perceptions to break.

quinn, mcknight, samardjia[sp?], walker ~~ clausen, tate, floyd ???

buyer beware :unsure: :banana: :doh:

Samardja is doing alot better than alot of football players right now:doublethumbsup: Quinn plays for Browns who are awful and Clausen will be another Joe Montana :unsure:

Samardja is doing alot better than alot of football players right now:doublethumbsup: Quinn plays for Browns who are awful and Clausen will be another Joe Montana :banana:

right: samardjia is in baseball, not football; mcknight was a bust; darius walker is a bust/3rd stringer; browns are indeed bad, but quinn isn't??

point is that the current trends lean towards a lot of reservation and skepticism for these players by personnel evaluators and GMs, much less annointing them 1st rd caliber selections [even with pending combine evals].

I just hope BPA.

My wishes:

Don't select "Bethal Johnson" in the second, please trade down.

Draft one RB. (Id like an early pick here, I dream of CMart every night)

Load up on defense.

right: samardjia is in baseball, not football; mcknight was a bust; darius walker is a bust/3rd stringer; browns are indeed bad, but quinn isn't??

point is that the current trends lean towards a lot of reservation and skepticism for these players by personnel evaluators and GMs, much less annointing them 1st rd caliber selections [even with pending combine evals].

Samardja being in baseball really doesn't say anything about how he would have panned out in football.

not saying he would have been good, we won't really ever know. looks like he made the right decision anyway

They still need too much help on defense to have this make sense. I could see them doing this with one of their 2nd rounders, but I still think that a pass rusher on the outside is going to be what they focus on here.

Of course, I had them taking Brian Cushing in last year's mock, so what do I know? :lol:

Golden Tate + Jonathan Dwyer. Back to back!

Yeah right, that would NEVER happen with BB.

Now that would be a dam good plan :music_guitarred: I like the sexy picks the hell with defense :dunno:

I think the Pats should call Bill Polian and ask him who to take. He by far, is one of the best draft pickers in the league.

I think the Pats should call Bill Polian and ask him who to take. He by far, is one of the best draft pickers in the league.

Wow, a Patriots thread that you are posting in. How strange. :overhead:

Wow, a Patriots thread that you are posting in. How strange. :mellow:

Wait, I am not allowed to have an opinion? I am not allowed to post in topics I have an opinion on? I didn't know you were in charge of the forums.

Wait, I am not allowed to have an opinion? I am not allowed to post in topics I have an opinion on? I didn't know you were in charge of the forums.

He is not in charge of the forum I AM :mellow:

And by the way until the Colts win a couple more super bowls other than the 1 Polian can kiss my and the Patriots a$$ :) So he can be the next coming of Mel Kiper but win some more super bowls than we can talk

Fixed

Wow, a Patriots thread that you are posting in. How strange. :banana:

Wow let's see - A Patriots' fan starts a thread on WHO HE WANTS THEM TO DRAFT WITH ONE SPECIFIC DRAFT PICK. Just goes to show that Pats' fans start threads about EVERYTHING. How can we be a part of this board and not talk Patriots??? :unsure:

Guys, I am a Pats fan and I have posted in this thread. I am hoping your flame war doesn't kill it. So please lend me the courtesy of getting involved in a thread I am interested in, without your battle.

Thanks.

Golden Tate + Jonathan Dwyer. Back to back!

Yeah right, that would NEVER happen with BB.

He took Laurence Maroney and Chad Jackson b2b a few years ago. Of course, that duo could easily be the reason why he'd never do that in the first two rounds again.

Since the Pats just reloaded with a bunch of young guys on D, I'm thinking they might use some of their picks to trade for some established players like they did in '07 when they got Moss and Welker. I'd love to see them trade for Cribbs. The Browns don't want to pay him and the Pats could use a kick returner and a 3rd down back to replace Faulk.

I hope they do take Tate or another skill position player. Or it does look like they are gonna need a TE. Is that TE from OKstate worth drafting in 1st round can they get him in 2nd :rolleyes: or later

I would be shocked to see them take a WR in the first. They used a 3rd on B. Tate last year, Edelman looks like a keeper, Welker will get better eventually and Moss can still play and apparently was playing hurt much of 2009.

I would be shocked to see them take a WR in the first. They used a 3rd on B. Tate last year, Edelman looks like a keeper, Welker will get better eventually and Moss can still play and apparently was playing hurt much of 2009.

Who knows when Welker will be able to play again and if he will be able to be same receiver when he gets back?? Moss is nearing the end of his career and only chooses to play when he feels like it. If he was hurt so bad he shouldnt have been on the field giving a sh!tty effort ;) He is a great receiver but still has bad attitude.

When Tate was healthy he did not show very much. Patriots need play makers. They can get defensive help later in the draft easier than play makers or trade some picks for some players

Who knows when Welker will be able to play again and if he will be able to be same receiver when he gets back?? Moss is nearing the end of his career and only chooses to play when he feels like it. If he was hurt so bad he shouldnt have been on the field giving a sh!tty effort ;) He is a great receiver but still has bad attitude.

When Tate was healthy he did not show very much. Patriots need play makers. They can get defensive help later in the draft easier than play makers or trade some picks for some players

Maybe they go WR in the first. They could use a play maker at TE or even RB more so than WR, IMO though. B)

Maybe they go WR in the first. They could use a play maker at TE or even RB more so than WR, IMO though. B)

They need all three ;)

First need is RB second is TE and 3rd is another WR. But if you can not get what you want in RB or TE at #22 why not pick a WR??? I think they need to fix offense more right now than defense.

......Matt Walsh, videographer.

He'd definitely make them contenders again. :pointstosky:

damn, you beat me too it... kinda

If they want to get back to the glory days of three years ago I would consider drafting this guy...

On Pats Draft Radar

......Matt Walsh, videographer.

He'd definitely make them contenders again. :shocking:

Hey Colonel go fry some dam chicken or something your actually good at :lol: Cause your attempt at humor is weak :shocking:

darius walker is a bust/3rd stringer

It's hard to call Darius Walker a "BUST" when he wasn't even drafted, and still made a team and even had a 100 yard game once. I'd say he exceeded expectations.

WR's take too long to develop (if they ever do).

Hey Colonel go fry some dam chicken or something your actually good at :thumbsdown: Cause your attempt at humor is weak :shocking:

But a remark about wanting me to go fry some DAMN chicken is strong humor?

With that sense of humor, you probably think Dane Cook is funny. :dunno:

But a remark about wanting me to go fry some DAMN chicken is strong humor?

With that sense of humor, you probably think Dane Cook is funny. :thumbsdown:

i know i am not very funny so sorry Colonel Sanders :doublethumbsup:

i know i am not very funny so sorry Colonel Sanders :doublethumbsup:

Colonel Angus?

The Patriots' most pressing need is ...

February, 10, 2010

Feb 10

10:13

AM ET

Comment Email Print Share

By Mike Reiss

ESPN's Scouts Inc. is shifting its draft preparations into a higher gear today by detailing the most pressing needs for each NFL team (Insider content). These are ever-changing as free agency evolves, but based on the present picture, this is what they see for the Patriots:

1. Outside linebacker

2. Wide receiver

3. Defensive end

Those seem like good selections at this time, although one could make a case for a few others as well, such as tight end.

Looking over the roster at this time, safety looks like the position that is most solidified.

Heck with LB go RB or WR let the other team score just out score them :banana:

Samardja being in baseball really doesn't say anything about how he would have panned out in football.

not saying he would have been good, we won't really ever know. looks like he made the right decision anyway

Hell yea he did. He has a muuuuch easier and a much longer guaranteed contract in mlb than the nfl. More ability to make money without hurting yourself.