Sign in to follow this  
Cara

Crabtree in 2010

Do you think he will be a star in 2010? Why or why not? I only see the 49'ers when they play the Rams, so I don't know a lot about how he looked as a rookie. Will he be a top 25 type of WR in PPR leagues next season? I heard one of the ESPN guys saying he could be a 1,200 yard WR in 2010, but they think his TD's will be limited because of Gore and Davis. Opinions?

He is gonna go America All Over Everybody's Ass...

Can you explain this? lol Wow.... This could be taken several different ways. Are you saying he is going to be a top WR or that he's queer as a football bat?

I thought you considered FFT "the place where idiots post." :overhead:

Some people on this board know their stuff and are incredibly helpful. Others......... Well, not so much.

I remember watching one game this past year thinking, man I have to take Crabtree next year. He's going to be a stud. Then two games would go by where he didn't do sh!t.

Missing all of training camp and the first few games was not a good omen for 2009. There was just no way for him to grasp everything in the last half of the season, but he still did pretty well.

He played 11 games and was tartgeted 86 times. 48/625/2. I'm a target type of guy. Just give my player chances, that's about all you can ask for. I see Crabtree getting his chances next year

2010 predictions

110 targets

65 receptions

1050 yards

7 td's

I remember watching one game this past year thinking, man I have to take Crabtree next year. He's going to be a stud. Then two games would go by where he didn't do sh!t.

Missing all of training camp and the first few games was not a good omen for 2009. There was just no way for him to grasp everything in the last half of the season, but he still did pretty well.

He played 11 games and was tartgeted 86 times. 48/625/2. I'm a target type of guy. Just give my player chances, that's about all you can ask for. I see Crabtree getting his chances next year

2010 predictions

110 targets

65 receptions

1050 yards

7 td's

I like targets as well, but I saw him stonehand enough balls to be concerned, and there is still a question at QB. Add with that my general reluctance to take a hyped WR before year 3, and my guess is that his ADP will be high relative to his performance.

I currently would view him as a low WR2, but high WR3.

I think he can crack 1000 yards, would give him 6 to 7 td's for the regular season. Jocstrap pretty much gave decent numbers for him next year.

He's on a lackluster offense whose #1 receiving target is a Tight End. Crabtree was late to the pro game last season and won't really be entering his true 2nd year in 2010. He's got a lot to learn before making a splash at this level. The 49ers have nothing special at Quarterback and it's anyone's guess how quickly the kid can develop into a reliable target. I doubt he breaks out under these circumstances: San Francisco will continue to deploy a snooze-inducing, conservative passing attack. This is a run-first team which doesn't like to take chances with the ball. As talented as he might be, Crabtree will be relegated to WR3 material, barring an injury to Vernon Davis.

The big thing that will affect his numbers this year is if he can develop a rapport with Smith this offseason, something he could not do last year because of the holdout. And since this is the first year in some time with the same OC as last season, they can improve on their knowledge of the offense instead of learning a whole new system. With Vernon having a breakout year, he could very will lead the team in targets again, which will limit Crabtree's ceiling. I would be very happy with jocstrap's prediction, but it might be a little TD heavy.

Let's now take pride into play. Michael Crabtree playing 2nd fiddle to a TE Vernon Davis - I don't think so. I will anxiously be awaiting reports to hear how hard Crabtree works/worked this offseason. See if this boy truly wants to be a stud. Defensive players will be keeping an eye on Gore and Davis. MC will see a lot of single coverage IMO. He should have all the opportunities to shine next year.

Sidenote: Jocstrap is a sucka for most hype machines - this guy will end up my #2 wr late 4th at this pace :thumbsup:

Crabtree's first year was actually pretty solid - 625 yards isn't bad for a rookie receiver, especially when he only played in 11 games. He averaged 56.8 yards per game - over the course of a full season that would be 900+ yards. That's on a team with a bad situation at QB. Assuming Crabtree plays a full season, with even moderate improvement he probably should end up with 1,000+ yards and 5-6 touchdowns. I'd call him a high upside #3 right now.

I have a chance to trade for Crabtree in my dynasty league but I can only keep two receivers so it would mean I would have to trade/cut Ocho Cinco (I'm keeping Pierre Garcon). My team is better than average so it's not like I'm in rebuilding mode but I'm afraid that if I pass up this opportunity now Crabtree will be a top 10 receiver in a couple of years and Chad will be working full time on the Ocho Cinco News Network.

Hang on to Ocho or make the move for Crabtree?

2010 predictions

110 targets

65 receptions

1050 yards

7 td's

If he got 86 targets in 11 games after missing all of camp and 5 games, what makes you think his Targets / Game will go down? Same for his Receptions / Game. Just exrapolating and adding some improvemen, I come up with 130 targets / 70 to 75 receptions / 1,000 yards. That's with essentially zero improvement.

he did better than expected this season, but he'll be a gamble next year. the major factors have already been posted. someone might get WR1 numbers out of him, but that same guy has to worry about getting WR4 numbers instead. i'd rather not deal with the headache.

i'll grab him if he drops far enough, but i doubt he will. someone's gonna buy the hype and reach, so i don't anticipate him being there after the 6th.

He was the most consistent rookie WR in last years class averaging more yards per game than any other rookie and that was with no camp and missing the first 5 games. 49ers are moving onto a more spread type offense which benefits Crabtree, I see him putting up 80/1200/6. He'll get a ton of looks but the Red Zone is owned by Davis which is a problem.

He will be a non-factor, but will create dissension in the locker room; think TO-lite...... :thumbsup:

He will be a non-factor, but will create dissension in the locker room; think TO-lite...... :unsure:

Singletary's enough of a badass to allow that to happen and he'd squash any locker room BS in a hurry. I credit Singletary as a main reason for Vernon Davis awakening from his coma. Singletary has control of this team and he's not gonna let Michael Crabtree upset what he's trying to do in San Fran. Crabtree's production in 2010 lies directly with Alex Smith. If Smith shows improvement from last year Crabtree,Vernon Davis and Josh Morgan will be the beneficiaries. This is the most pivotal year for Smith. He has talent around him and if he doesn't progress like management thinks he should he'll be gone next year,hell maybe even this year year if he plays badly.

I've never been a big Smith proponet, especially since we could have had Aaron Rodgers. This will be only the 2nd year Smith's had the same OC so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and if he doesn't produce they need to go in another direction in a hurry. There's talent on this team and it'd be a shame to waste it waiting on Alex Smith to come around.

For the amount of time that Crabtree played last year he did pretty good for a rookie. Smith realizes what a talent he is and will try his best to get him the ball. As was said though when they're in the redzone Crabtree will be the 2nd option behind Vernon Davis. Davis may again lead the team this year in receptions and td's but Crabtree is gonna improve too. I certainly believe Crabtree's capable of getting 65-75 receptions, 1000-1200 receiving yards and 5-8 td's.

The numbers I gave him for this year are a best case scenario IMO and he may not reach those numbers if Smith falters. I don't think Crabby is gonna have a bust out year as I see that coming in his 3rd year.He has a lot of work to do and he certainly has the capability of becoming an elite WR. Management knows that and they are not gonna let him flounder because of inept QB play. Great receivers get that way because of the QB they play with and all the hard work they put in. It would behoove both Crabby and Smith to get all the work together they can in the off-season. It'll show during the season.Crabtree is gonna be a very good NFL receiver and will begin to see that by 2011, if the NFL even plays that year.

Crabtree has the capabilities of being a good WR2, certainly a top WR3, this year in fantasy terms. I see his ceiling this year being 65-75 receptions/1000-1200 yds/5-8 td's. I certainly am looking at him having double digit td's by his 3rd year if the QB play is consistant.

He will be a non-factor, but will create dissension in the locker room; think TO-lite...... :music_guitarred:

If it was going to happen, it would have already happened. He seems to be getting along just fine despite his holdout. Nobody is above this team and there are no grudges.

I still believe the one thing that's holding us back and keeping us from becoming a playoff team IS the QB position. Smith had better burn holes in opposing defenses this year or I don't think he'll be back, at least in a starting role. Look for Nate Davis to get a ton of work in TC and he's got a good chance at being the #2 QB. Is HE the QB of the future for S.F. Time will tell. Unless Smith starts lighting it upDavis could get someopportunities, especially if Smith gets hurt. I think we could even be a legit superbowl contenders if we even had the likes of a QB such as Jay Cutler. We have pretty good talent at the skills position all except for QB. We are just a QB away from making some noise. There's really no FA QB out there really worth having that would help us anymore than Smith would. We need a bigtime QB or else we're gonna continue to fall short. I don't know who that QB would be but we better do something soon before all our offensive talent starts to age.

All said, I'm hoping Smith finally explodes and helps our team but the chances of that happening are not great. We've got a lot of the pieces in place to be a winning football team but the biggest glaring underproductive position is QB. Yes we badly need O-line and secondary help which I'm sure will get addressed in the draft. I just keep praying somehow, someway we get a QB that can make full use of the talent around him. WHO IS THAT QB.Any of you guys possibly have the answer or suggestion as to WHO that guy might be?