Sign in to follow this  
Raider 84

Chiefs Interested In Thomas Jones?

Seems strange that the Chiefs wants T. Jones.

noooooooooooooo - - I'm keeping either Charles or Mendenhall in one league. I want to keep Charles and this would be horrible IMO.

Yeah I agree I think it would be like a 60/40 split with Jones getting majority of the goal line carries. Hopefully, this won't happen.

TJ to the Chiefs CRUSHES both of my 2 favorite RB1's - TJ for his sleeper value, and Charles for his "I'm going to rape your mother" value next year.

FML if they are on the same team. I'll take No-Sho Moreno then.....!

Seems strange that the Chiefs wants T. Jones.

Depends on the price tag... T. Jones is the type of player most teams would like to add at the right price.

It does seem like an odd choice for Jones, though... there are some opportunities out there for him to be a clear starter, imo. The Chiefs aren't one of them.

Per Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs signed Thomas Jones to a two-year, $5 million contract.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

its a very good football move - not fantasy ... but solid signing for the Chefs!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for 2 of my ff teams. Good for the chiefs

I get 1 keeper

Mendenhall or Charles

Dammit, this became much harder now. I was going charles all the way. Now I'm 50/50

I could see TJ taking all the goal line td's also :thumbsup:

5 mill over 2 doesn't even seem like starter money these days. Chet Taylor signed for more. Sounds like the Chiefs still see Charles as the starter but Jones could get 30% carries + goal line.

Jones will get a few series a game, I'd be more concerned that he might be getting goal line carries. I think they want to keep Charles fresh throughout the year.

Sports Radio 810 in KC is reporting the Chiefs have signed Thomas Jones, two-years, $5 million.

810, huh? Outside of Rome I prefer 610. Nick Wright needs to have a longer show, though.

One side benefit of this deal besides not relying on Charles all year is the fact that Jones should get enough carries over the next couple years to keep the hype on Charles low. This is important because when Charles is due for free agency, he won't have the bargaining power he would if he would blow up Priest/LJ style over the next couple years. By paying Jones $5 million for "spot duty" the Chiefs could very well be saving $15 million they'd have to pay Charles down the road.

Just a thought.

**** THE FANTASY GODS.

No one more than I was so high on Charles.

Now it's a ###### focking Panthers backfield where you hopes one of them fails so the other puts up RB1 numbers. I think I'll pass.

I love the analysts saying "8-12 carries for TJ" - um, do you know who TJ is morons?

50/50. And it SUCKS because Charles will not have his monster season.

Hello Mr. Moreno. Mr. Greene. Mr. MJD. Mr. CJIII. Mr. SJax. Mr. Rice. Benson, Wells, Grant (maybe) and Gore.

Welcome to the last reigns of RB1 dominance. I'm sure 3 of them get suckered by draft day.

TJ wore down terribly in the playoffs. Even when he got carries, he had no burst. I don't think he's the same back who can run for 1400 yards anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the carries divided 2:1 in favor of Charles.

That said, if the Chiefs improve their O-line through the draft, they'll have a monster running game to open things up for Cassell.

TJ wore down terribly in the playoffs. Even when he got carries, he had no burst. I don't think he's the same back who can run for 1400 yards anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the carries divided 2:1 in favor of Charles.

That said, if the Chiefs improve their O-line through the draft, they'll have a monster running game to open things up for Cassell.

I hope you are right!

This blows. I was hoping SD for Jones so I could leverage that into a decent trade. Now that he signed in KC, I'm not gonna get jack for him. Especially considering we all watched him die during last year's playoffs. Too bad. It was a nice run Tjones. Thanks for the good times.

I am hoping that Jones has hit the wall like S. Alexander did. I would like to see Charles have a chance to showcase his skills

I just watched a few you tube videos on Charles. He looks like the real deal. Besides T. Jones ran behind be the best o-line in the NFL year last year. I saw Charles tearing up the Chargers, Broncos, and Raiders, that is 6 easy games alone. I don't see any of these teams dramatically improving their defense that much before the season starts. I think Jones will get a few series a game, but I'm more than willing to take Charles early in the 2nd if you not late 1st round. I might be the odd one here but he looks awesome. He also has world class speed and was on the Texas track team. He ran the 60, 100, and 200 meters. I hope the Chiefs draft an O-line to help him out!

th jets have handled the tjones situation well. they know they have a top tier line providing holes other hbs woud not see; thus, a guy like jones needs to just stay straight, powerful, and gain whatever yds are there.bringing in tomlinson follows a similar model: the scoop on him is that he cannot create yardage anymore, only hit a hole; he fits well here in ny.

as for jones with kc: he will def allow some fresh carries for charles, whom mgmt probably does not want to burn out and overload [they saw it with lj, we all saw turner and peterson also rack up 350+touches recently]. i think their idea is that jones tallying 140-160 carries over the season will help charles maintain his high 5+yds per carry avg with controlled touches and rest.