Sign in to follow this  
jgcrawfish

Antonio Bryant signs with Bengals

Per PFT:

Report: Antonio Bryant signs with Bengals

Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2010 3:02 PM ET

The Bengals reportedly has signed a new receiver. And that receiver is not Terrell Owens.

According to JOCKlife.com, a web site that shares an office with the agent of receiver Antonio Bryant, the veteran wideout has signed what is believed to be a four-year deal with the Bengals. Per JOCKlife.com, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The move apparently means that Terrell Owens will not be joining the Bengals. Unless, of course, the Bengals decide that it's time to part ways with the player who lobbied so heavily for T.O. to be added to the team.

Who writes this crap? That last sentence. Is that Florio's work. That's just dumb.

In anycase, bump up Carson Palmer.

I agree that they should still consider grabbing TO for a year. As for bumping Palmer up...not until Bob Bratkowski is replaced.

I agree that they should still consider grabbing TO for a year. As for bumping Palmer up...not until Bob Bratkowski is replaced.

I wonder if it was Bratkowski or if there was more going on with Palmer than we knew. I know the Bungles had some offensive line issues last year and went to the power running game/short passing game to get the ball out of Palmer's hands faster, but I still wonder if his elbow wasn't in the state it needed to be in to make long throws. :unsure:

I think palmer is a bump. But i am more interested in what it does to the value of 85 and bryant. Are they both wr2 and wr3 respectively ? Rounds 5,6 of ff drafts?

I wouldn't get too excited yet, I don't think Palmer will return to his glory days with Housh and Chad. I think this is a run first team.

I had him as my QB2 in 2009, and I thought, "Wow - I've got a mid to low level QB1, as my backup!" Wrong... He was AWFUL last year.

I definitely think Cincy is a running team, now - with Benson and his "fresh legs."

Buyer beware in 2010... :lol:

By the Bengals not signing Owens, but Bryant instead tells me they are going to stick with the run...not sold on Bryant...just my opinion!

I think palmer is a bump. But i am more interested in what it does to the value of 85 and bryant. Are they both wr2 and wr3 respectively ? Rounds 5,6 of ff drafts?

The answer to this question is no. Ocho is on the mark but a top end WR2 possibly WR1 but I don't think Bryant is a WR3 b/c of his knee issues. Even in a heavy run offense last year and now real threat opposite him Ocho had 72/1047/9 and was the 15th ranked WR in standard ppr leagues. If Bryant can stay healthy he can only help Ocho.

Since Zimmer is in town now CIN will be playing much better D so are not going to be airing it out playing catchup. For this reason Palmer and Ocho wont' get slop stats at the end of a game but are certainly still solid ff producers.

Going into 2010 I have Palmer as a top QB2 with potential to be a low end QB1 (I have him ranked 11th) and Ocho as a top end WR2 possible WR1, depending on the development of Bryant, (I have him ranked 16th).

There is no bump for Palmer. Unless you count the one on his head that has apparently turned him into Chad Pennington. Stay away.

I think it does bump Palmer. And I believe Bryant could do quite well in Cincy. 85 is overrated. Bryant could shine.

I think it does bump Palmer. And I believe Bryant could do quite well in Cincy. 85 is overrated. Bryant could shine.

I wouldn't say he's overrated? That's about as consistent at a high level of production as you can get.

72/1047/9

53/540/4

93/1440/8

87/1367/7

97/1432/9

95/1274/9

90/1355/10

69/1166/5

I wouldn't say he's overrated? That's about as consistent at a high level of production as you can get.

72/1047/9

53/540/4

93/1440/8

87/1367/7

97/1432/9

95/1274/9

90/1355/10

69/1166/5

Yeah, I know. He's had his moments and he's pretty good. But I just don't think he's as great as he believes (probably how all prima donna WR's feel). And I think a big guy like Bryant could do very well across from him when Chad is getting extra attention.