Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

Where to improve ...what to draft?

16 team PPR league

Start 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1wr/rb, 1 wr/te, 1k (IDPs as well)

My team Came in 11th place again

QB Matt Ryan, Matt Moore, Charlie Whitehurst

RB Shon Greene, Leon Washington, Justin Forsett, Bernard Scott, James Davis, Danny Ware, Rashad Jennings

WR Roddy White, Devin Hester, Austin Colie, Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, Brian Robiskie, Jeremie Urban, Kevin Ogletree, Devin Thomas

TE Jared Cook, ZACH mILLER (JAX), James Casey (Hou)

K Succup KC

I have the following picks (2 round rookie)

1.5 (Probably get Dwyer, Best or a RB with best chance to start)

1.6 (WR Thomas or Golden Tate)

1.13 (RB Ben Tate/Hardesty/Gerhart)

2.5 Best QB/TE Available

2.16 BPA

I know TE is major weakness with 3 question marks.

What else would you change?

Trades i can maybe trade 1.5 and 1.13 for 1.3 owner is waiting for draft

Should I try and get a TE like Witten or Keller

I could move

Greene, colie and 1.13

for

Charles and DJAX

Or trade 1.6 for 1.9, 1.10

Or just stand pat and draft for the future..

I'd trade your 1.5 and 1.13 for the 1.3. You have enough youth. You don't need more rooks, so I wouldn't trade down.

Perhaps move R Jennings to the MJDrew owner for his backup TE.

I'd plan on making many waiver wire moves as soon as your league allows. Keep persistent throughout the seson and you will turn this around.

is this the same team you kept posting about last season and kept making rediculous trades with?

if you can trade green, collie and 1.13 for charles and djax (deasean jackson?) in a PPR i would do that ASAP.

if you can trade green, collie and 1.13 for charles and djax (deasean jackson?) in a PPR i would do that ASAP.

Agreed. This deal would be huge for you. I would also be doing my best to trade the 1.05 for an established player. When it comes to rookie drafts, if I can't trade for a top 3 pick, I trade the pick for someone that can help me now. If you do the above deal, and trade the 1.05 for a decent WR or RB, you will be a much better team for it.

I dont see how you get dwyer or best at 1.5.

spiller

best

matthews

dwyer

you holding the bag

agreed on a both accounts above, package 1.5 and 1.13 and move up if you can.

16 team PPR league

Start 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1wr/rb, 1 wr/te, 1k (IDPs as well)

My team Came in 11th place again

QB Matt Ryan, Matt Moore, Charlie Whitehurst

RB Shon Greene, Leon Washington, Justin Forsett, Bernard Scott, James Davis, Danny Ware, Rashad Jennings

WR Roddy White, Devin Hester, Austin Colie, Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, Brian Robiskie, Jeremie Urban, Kevin Ogletree, Devin Thomas

TE Jared Cook, ZACH mILLER (JAX), James Casey (Hou)

K Succup KC

I have the following picks (2 round rookie)

1.5 (Probably get Dwyer, Best or a RB with best chance to start)

1.6 (WR Thomas or Golden Tate)

1.13 (RB Ben Tate/Hardesty/Gerhart)

2.5 Best QB/TE Available

2.16 BPA

I know TE is major weakness with 3 question marks.

What else would you change?

Trades i can maybe trade 1.5 and 1.13 for 1.3 owner is waiting for draft

Should I try and get a TE like Witten or Keller

I could move

Greene, colie and 1.13

for

Charles and DJAX

Or trade 1.6 for 1.9, 1.10

Or just stand pat and draft for the future..

First off, you're not as bad at the QB spot as I initially thought. Ryan is a good QB to have, especially long term, and I'm higher on Matt Moore than a lot a of people. Whitehurst is a wildcard at this point but who knows, stranger things have happened.

Ok. I personally believe that there is a drop off in talent at the skill positions (RB and WR specifically) after the 3rd pick. Spiller, Matthews and Bryant are the true talents in this draft. I think you can get some value at TE a bit later, and usually people overlook that position in the draft. At QB I think long term that Bradford stands alone. I also think it would definitely be worth it to try and move up. If he's not taken, I would also draft Kolb. With that in mind, I would try the following:

1. Offer 1.5 and 1.13 for 1.03 and take whoever is left from Spiller/Matthews/Bryant (but pray like hell that one of the two RB's is there.)
  2. Offer 1.6 for 1.9 and 1.10
  3. Trade Green, Collie and 1.10 for Charles and DJax and maybe a 2nd rounder if I could get it
  4. Take the best TE available at 1.09 or see if you can trade this pick maybe plus Jennings to an owner who has good TE depth (unless #1 happens then pray like hell that Thomas (WR) falls to here and take him quick)
  5. Take the best player available 2.05
  6. Take whatever I want if I can get the 2nd rounder in #3.

Ideally I'm hoping to land one of the top 2 RB in the draft to pair with the combo of Charles/DJackson, then hoping that a good WR or TE falls to me at 9/10 spot if I can get it. I'd be willing to Jennings/Ware to make it happen.

I could move

Greene, colie and 1.13

for

Charles and DJAX

Sure you could.

So why are you possibly thinking that one over?

Sure you could.

So why are you possibly thinking that one over?

Owner replied back with the difference between Colie and DJax too big. Wants 1.6 pick instead of 1.13

Owner replied back with the difference between Colie and DJax too big. Wants 1.6 pick instead of 1.13

do it now!

I dont see how you get dwyer or best at 1.5.

spiller

best

matthews

dwyer

you holding the bag

agreed on a both accounts above, package 1.5 and 1.13 and move up if you can.

That means D.Bryant falls to 1.05... :nono: NO CHANCE!

i'm not sure if this has been said...but you should do it...now.

i'm not sure if this has been said...but you should do it...now.

Owner back out.

Traded 1.5 and Wallace for McCoy and Sheffler

My team as of now:

Plus I have pick 6, 13, 21, 32 (and 2 1sts nextyear)

Deals out there that I am kicking around now are:

Trade A

1.6 and Whitehust for 1.9, Fred Davis or Pettigrew and a 3rd tier WR

Trade B

McCoy, Sheffler, and Hester

for

Desean Jackson and Zach Miller and LT

Trade C

Hester and pick 21 for Antonio Bryant

Trade D

Greene/Sheffler for pick 1.3, James Jones and Cooley

Trade E

Greene,or McCoy Colie Hester and pick 13

for

Charles and Djax

QB

Matt Ryan (ATL)

Matt Moore (CAR)

Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)

WR

Roddy White (ATL)

Devin Hester (CHI)

Austin Collie (IND)

Devin Thomas (WAS)

Laurent Robinson (STL)

Brian Hartline (MIA)

Brian Robiskie (CLE)

Kevin Ogletree (DAL)

RB

LeSean McCoy (PHI)

Shonn Greene (NYJ)

Justin Forsett (SEA)

Leon Washington (NYJ)

Bernard Scott (CIN)

Rashad Jennings (JAC)

Danny Ware (NYG)

Darius Reynaud (MIN)

Frank Summers (PIT)

TE

Tony Scheffler (DEN)

Zach Miller (JAC)

Jared Cook (TEN)

K

Ryan Succop (KC)

LB

Elvis Dumervil (DEN)

James Laurinaitis (STL)

DE

Kyle Vanden Bosch (DET)

S

Bernard Pollard (HOU)

CB

most people will probably like the trade you did but I think you got minorly suckered.

McCoy is the guy now in Philly, pending the draft. Scheffler is garbage.

So I guess you won by getting McCoy for a 1.5 but that 1.5 could end up being Dez Bryant or a rookie RB that emerges and really could end up just as good as McCoy since we don't know a ton about him yet as a lead back.

And Wallace is valuable right now due to Holmes looming suspension....

since this is a PPR league I would look to shop Shonn Greene. I love him but he loses relative value in PPR. Try to parlay him into 2 good players who shine in PPR format.

Just a few observations:

QB: Your QBs are sub-average. You need an upgrade into the top 6 to be competitive. Whitehurst is nothing but a throwaway, and "Matty Ice" is potential that didnt happen last year. Matt Moore is an adequate #2. The easiest player for you to target in a trade is Schaub, giving up Ryan. You shouldn't have to give up much more to tet him.

RBs: You have NOTHING! Best perceived value is Shonn Greene, but he's not worth it in PPR. I'd trade him straight up for a Moreno, Gore, even Pierre Thomas, or a stud WR. Or package him with 1.06 for a MJD or an ADP type (yes it does pay to dream a little - sometimes they do come true). The rest of your guys are all from "Hope" Arkansas.

WRs: IMO Wallace will be a top 20 WR this year....but he is your best (EDIT:when I typed this initially, I forgot you had Roddy on your roster). After that you have a bunch of "young maybes" Try to package and trade. Collie is one who is likely to be most overvalued by your leaguemates.

Your TE position sucks, but is the easiest to fix. I'm much more of a fan of Z Miller (Jax) than I am of Cook, but Cook has more trade value. So try to trade him. Miller has much better potential to do more THIS year, and is also a potential stud.

TRADES: Bottom line................now is not the time to be sitting around waiting for the draft. TRADE to improve your team, even if you can get only one "GREEN**" (top end) player, it is better than you have right now. You should have at least 6 trades offers out there before the draft that can benefit your team and still be reasonable for the stronger teams to 'bite on'.

DRAFT PICKS: Use your 1.05 and 1.06 for Quality RBs (unless by some miracle Dez falls to you), but I would really be active trying to trade them for quality veterans. Owners are over-valuing high draft pikcs at this time of year. I'd trade both 1.05 and 1.06 for an MJD if you could do it. You've gotta do everything you can to get studs.

Yes I'd try to move Greene and Collie + 1.06, but I'd get him to throw in his 2nd or 3rd round pick in the deal. I.06 is still in the "top tier" category IMO. Yes I know some are saying that the top tier of the draft is only 3-4 players deep, but I,m not buying it. I think this draft goes about just about SIX deep with very little differentiation. (DEZ, Spiller, Matthews, Best, Gehrhart, Hardesy, Dwyer). The break-point is right AFTER 1.06. Don't under-rate Gerhart in that category. The kid will be a 3 down RB who will likely contribute early - he has hands and he can passblock.

Rank the rookies in terms of both talent and immediate impact AND CONCENTRATE UP AND DOWN YOUR BOARD on RBs and WRs that have a likelyihood of near-term impact. For that readon I'd eliminate guys like Demaryious Thomas from my board. There are two draft-worthy TEs that fit this profile, A Hernandez and Gronkowski. You can't afford to draft another "maybe someday" TE. But I would not worry as much about TE as I would be geting depth at RB and WR that fit the PPR scoring system.

In order to know what your limitations are, and give more specific advice I'd have to know more about your league rules. (Don't bother posting them however). But they DO factor into your strategy - for instance most dynasty leagues have a date to cut down to a certain player level. Some have a tight cut-down number, some are ARE much looser. Some have a separate supplemental draft, where you might be able to pick up veteran players (like Chester Taylor for example) who can be adequate RB3s. You then have to be able to project who the other teams will drop to get down to their cut-down and where and who you can pick up in the supplemental.

**In order to be successful in fantasy, I believe you must spread-sheet your whole league, and color code each player by "value-tier". This makes it easler to identifiy potential trade partners, and also objectively see how your team stacks up agains the league.

You have no superstars except Roddy White. Whatever you do, don't trade away Roddy White.

You have no superstars except Roddy White. Whatever you do, don't trade away Roddy White.

Yes, I forgot you had Roddy White on your roster. I agree.....He is your only GREEN player. However NO pLAYER IS UNTRADEABLE if the price is right - i traded Aaron Rodgers in one league (for Matt Schaub and a 1.04 plus a 2011 1st.).

Most dynasty leagues have teams that are the "haves" and others who are the "have-nots". I think that in order to compete to win in a 14 team league, you prolly need at least 6 "greenies." (Shonn Greene WOULD be a GREEN player in a non PPR format.)

MFM has given you some excellent advice.

and he is 100% right that now is not the time to stand pat. However, knowing your history on these boards, please try to get some advice before pulling the trigger on trades like the McCoy one. Especially since you are already here asking advice.

As far as Shonn Greene, I really think you can trade him for some good stuff. He is a hot name right now and there may be a few teams in your league that let the PPR aspect of the league slip their minds. As MFM mentioned you don't have many green chip players. But I think you may be able to turn Shonn Greene into 2 of them.

Target a RB like Pierre Thomas or J-Stew along with a WR around the value of Nicks, Britt, S.Moss maybe someone is even down on Steve Smith (either)

Yes, I forgot you had Roddy White on your roster. I agree.....He is your only GREEN player. However NO pLAYER IS UNTRADEABLE if the price is right - i traded Aaron Rodgers in one league (for Matt Schaub and a 1.04 plus a 2011 1st.).

Most dynasty leagues have teams that are the "haves" and others who are the "have-nots". I think that in order to compete to win in a 14 team league, you prolly need at least 6 "greenies." (Shonn Greene WOULD be a GREEN player in a non PPR format.)

This is my team

PPR

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1WR/TE, 1K, 1DE, 1LB, 1CB, 1S

These deals are now being worked instead of other deals

Greene/Sheffler for

1.3/CooleyJames Jones

Or

Greene, Whitehurst

for

Sidney Rice, Pettigrew and pick number 10

Shon Greene

for pick 1.1 and Ricky Williams

QB

Matt Ryan (ATL)

Matt Moore (CAR)

Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)

WR

Roddy White (ATL)

Devin Hester (CHI)

Austin Collie (IND)

Devin Thomas (WAS)

Laurent Robinson (STL)

Brian Hartline (MIA)

Brian Robiskie (CLE)

Kevin Ogletree (DAL)

RB

LeSean McCoy (PHI)

Shonn Greene (NYJ)

Justin Forsett (SEA)

Leon Washington (NYJ)

Bernard Scott (CIN)

Rashad Jennings (JAC)

Danny Ware (NYG)

Darius Reynaud (MIN)

Frank Summers (PIT)

TE

Tony Scheffler (DEN)

Zach Miller (JAC)

Jared Cook (TEN)

K

Ryan Succop (KC)

LB

Elvis Dumervil (DEN)

James Laurinaitis (STL)

DE

Kyle Vanden Bosch (DET)

S

Bernard Pollard (HOU)

CB

This is my team

PPR

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1WR/TE, 1K, 1DE, 1LB, 1CB, 1S

These deals are now being worked instead of other deals

Greene/Sheffler for

Absolutely not

1.3/CooleyJames Jones

Or

Greene, Whitehurst

for Maybe, but if Favre doesn't return id temper expectations with Rice

Shon Greene

No

You might be able to get a bite from trade possibility #1 although if you can trade Greene for 1.03 and Cooley (I'd strongly suggest that you drop James Jones from your offer - you are asking for a player who is just another "maybe", and are making it harder for the other owner to accept your trade.) you will be doing well. Trades #2 and #3 have almost no potential to happen. No one in their right mind would trade Sidney Rice for Greene even up, let alone throw in their 1.10. And to expect to get 1.01 for Greene is equally unrealistic (much less Ricky Williams as a throw-in).

When I responded to some of your posts of potential trades a year ago (and there were far too many of them at one point), it quickly became apparent that you had no clue as to trade value. Hopefully you have learned a thing or two about trading since then. But the first step is to get a handle on how to value players. You could go back and do an advanced search under my name and find my top 195 dynasty ranking to use for a starters. Yes there have been changes made since then but they are few.

The hardest skill is to be able to look at the other guys's roster from his point of view. Not many owners want to get flooded with trades that dont make any sense to their situation.

Yeah Greene is not that highly viewed in my league due to it being PPR and him having Washington and LT to compete with

DJax owner wants him (He has LT) but he wants to retain Charles

Just seems like when we get close to a deal he wants to wait...

His roster lol

QB

Tony Romo (DAL)

Chad Henne (MIA)

Chad Pennington (MIA)

WR

DeSean Jackson (PHI)

Antonio Bryant (CIN)

Chris Chambers (KC)

Roy Williams (DAL)

Ted Ginn Jr. (MIA)

Maurice Stovall (TB)

Brad Smith (NYJ)

Troy Williamson (JAC)

James Hardy (BUF)

RB

Jamaal Charles (KC)

LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ)

Brian Westbrook (FA)

LenDale White (TEN)

Leonard Weaver (PHI)

Kolby Smith (KC)

James Davis (CLE)

TE

Zach Miller (OAK)

Anthony Fasano (MIA)

Brad Cottam (KC)

K

Matt Prater (DEN)

LB

David Hawthorne (SEA)

DE

Julius Peppers (CHI)

S

George Wilson (BUF)

CB

Antoine Winfield (MIN)

I would not trade Shonn Greene to that DeSean Jackson owner because he won't trade you DJax and I wouldn't want anyone else if I was you considering he's already said he won't trade Jamaal Charles.

Greene/Sheffler for

1.3/CooleyJames Jones

My take - different from the Wonder-ful one: I like this trade Greene Scheffler for 1.03 and Cooley, if you can do it - but see my comments about adding superfluous players to the deals. BTW, I also forgot that you had Scheffler. He WILL get traded out of Denver and he WILL have value, so your TEs are not so bad. It basically comes down to Greene for Spiller, Dwyer or Matthews, which I would do in a heartbeat.

Or

Greene, Whitehurst

for

There is NO WAY this trade will happen in any serious PPR dynasty league. Sidney Rice by himself is >>> than Greene. I don't care WHO is QB for Minny. Sidney Rice is my #9 rated WR right now, and he is a stud in the making at less than 24 y.o. Looking to get the 1.10 and Pettigrew out of this yet is just gonna piss off the other owner. He will click REJECT without a counter-offer.

Shon Greene

You are basically trying to trade Greene for Bryant (who would be my ist choice in PPR or Spiller. Again, Greene doesn't command that kind of value. And again to ask him to kiss your ass by asking for Ricky is ASKING for a quick REJECT with no counter offer.

IMO - Asking for these superfluous players in these deals does not help you in any way. They just give the other owners a chance to laugh behind your back and an additional reason to hit the REJECT button without so much as a counter-offer.

Owner back out.

Traded 1.5 and Wallace for McCoy and Sheffler

Now I see where Sheffler came from. And I would not agree with WhiteWonder, who said you got minor-ly screwed. I think you got ROYALLY screwed. 1.05 was Gerhart or better in my mind.

Philly does NOT have any real confidence that "McCoy is the Man" and niether do I. McCoy showed next to nothing last year except too much dancing and not enough pass blocking. Gerhart is a power back who has excellent receiving skills and prolly the top pass-blocker in this year's RB class. He can be used as a true 3 down back. So I'd take 1.05 OVER McCoy hands down.

Wallace for Sheffler is even worse. I traded FOR wallace in one of my leagues about a week ago and am trying to get him in another. Mark it down. Wallace will be a top 20 WR this year and will only get better from there. Santonio has his problems and Hines Ward is getting old. Wallace learned and produced more than expected last year considering he came out of a college program without a quality receiving coach. This kid has the desire, the work ethic and the talent to be a future stud.

I'll be blunt here - you still have a long way to go when it comes to mastering the nuances of player valuation. IMO there is NO WAY you can improve this team until you become one of the better traders in your league. If this is a money league, I would classify you as a perennial "contributor" to your league's prize pool. If you care to pm me, I'll give you some general hints that might help improve your ability to analyze trades.

Mike Wallace won't be close to top 20 WRs.

I've got my neck stuck out to say he will be a top 20 WR if he stays healthy and you can write that one down. I had him at WR#23 BEFORE the problems with Holmes came out. Check back after week 17.

But - given the surplus of TEs in Scheffler's value tier, he would only have to be in the top 35 or so to have eqivalent positional value to Sheffler - who I have as my TE#14. (Given that this league starts 1 TE, 3 WRs and a WR/RB/TE flex).

I've got my neck stuck out to say he will be a top 20 WR if he stays healthy and you can write that one down. I had him at WR#23 BEFORE the problems with Holmes came out. Check back after week 17.

But - given the surplus of TEs in Scheffler's value tier, he would only have to be in the top 35 or so to have eqivalent positional value to Sheffler - who I have as my TE#14. (Given that this league starts 1 TE, 3 WRs and a WR/RB/TE flex).

I have 49 WRs ranked for 2010 and Mike Wallace isn't on my list. I don't put much faith in WR3s on their own team who put up Devery Henderson type stats. I guess we will just have to wait until after week 17. :cheers:

I have 49 WRs ranked for 2010 and Mike Wallace isn't on my list. I don't put much faith in WR3s on their own team who put up Devery Henderson type stats. I guess we will just have to wait until after week 17. :cheers:

Wow I'd like to see your ranking - is it a dynasty ranking or a redraft list? Mine was a dynasty ranking, but I like him about round 5 or 6 in re-draft as well.

BYW while i'd normally agree with you about WR3 types, I think Mike Wallace is a special case here. I am aware, for instance, that Mississippi's WR coach was little better than your typical High School coach in terms of WR coaching technique. Despite that, Mike was a 3rd rounder. And as a rookie WR3 last year he had 39 recepts for 756 and 6 TDs in the regular season, which was truly amazing - and I won't forget that last-second game-winning catch while falling out of bounds in the second-to-last regular season game to beat GB 37-36 and end a 5 game losing streak. it was a remarkable highlight-reel catch.

Even if he didn't improve those stats one iota, he'd be well within the top 50 WRs. Assuming Holmes gets a 4 game suspension (or worse - they might be trying to trade him), and assuming that Holmes proves that he is then better than an aging Hines Ward, this is a situation that shouts "High Upside" - both this year and in the future.

For the record, I posted the above BEFORE I just read this from Rotoworld (Saturday, April 11, 11:31 pm ET:

"Mike Wallace is likely to move into the Steelers' starting lineup following Sunday night's trade of Santonio Holmes.

Using primarily at flanker and sometimes in the slot during a highly promising rookie campaign (39/756/19.4/6), Wallace's numbers should spike as he runs more deep patterns in Holmes' old split end role. With Hines Ward likely entering his decline phase, we wouldn't put it past Wallace to become Ben Roethlisberger's go-to receiver as soon as this year."

That's why I'm the one and only madd futher mucker (he says as he breaks his arm patting himself on the back). Damn - i should tried my Wallace trade in the one league a week ago when I traded for him in the other league VERY cheaply. Now it looks like my chances of my other Wallace trade going through in my other league just became slim and none.

My rankings are for redraft and they were done before the Santonio Holmes expected 4 game suspension.

Now this just in: Steelers | Send Holmes to the Jets

Bart Hubbuch, of the New York Post, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers have traded WR Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets for a fifth-round draft pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

2010-04-11 20:04:26

-kffl.com

This changes everything b/c Mike Wallace is a starter now.

i respect your opinions MFM but I disagree with your analysis on some of those potential trades. Obviously there is more to it than just looking at the guys involved in the trades... the rosters of the other owners are key to figuring out if its the type of deals they would be interested in.

I think Shonn Greene has value, even in a non PPR. There will be owners who are high on him due to the way he finished last year and will slightly overlook that he is not a great PPR candidate. Even if PPR is on their mind, a team that is weak at RB may be very happy to add a young back on a run oriented team who has already shown what he is capable of.

Shonn Greene > any 2010 rookie RB right now. Alot will depend on who gets drafted where but im honestly not high on any of them. I prefer guys who have already shown me something, which Greene has. And clearly he is still young.

As far as that deal involving Cooley... i know his TE's are a weak spot but what are we making of Fred Davis? How much will he take away from Cooley? I have to expect even a healthy Cooley to be below his previous numbers when he was the only TE... even with the addition of McNabb.

I like the Rice trade more and more. I had it as a yellow light but ill bump that to green light, regardless of Favre. But I think thats a doable trade. Pettigrew coming off injury, didn't get to show a ton.

The trade for 1.1 and Ricky Williams would probably get rejected because its a 1.1, but again I value a proven comodity over an unknown so i would stay away from that unless you are convinced Dez Bryant will be a stud.

Wonder - Here I thought you were going to respond to my take on Mike Wallace. :thumbsup:

Yea, I viewed the Greene Scheffler trade for 1.03 and Cooley as basically boiling down to Greene for 1.03. You make a valid point about Fred Davis potentially cutting into Cooley's pie. While you also make a valid point about "a bird in the hand", I think I'd still rather have 1.03. There's a real good chance Dez slips to 1.03 and I LOVE his upside in PPR. I still also like Spiller, Matthews, ahd Gerhart as well. But if he can get a throw-in WR of some real value along with Greene (better than he has right now other than White), he should try to get it. That is Greene and a top 25 WR for 1.03. And that may well be possible, because some ARE over-valuing Greene in PPR.

I also like the two other trades from HIS side I just don't think that the other side will do the deals (particularly if he insists on muddying the waters by requesting those extra and fairly meaningless throw-ins. Yes I have Rice as a GREEN PLAYER (top tier WR in my system) in PPR, and I personally would never get rid of him for Greene (who is a YELLOW second tier RB in PPR in my system), but who knows, somebody else might. I think it is ok for him to ask for Pettigrew OR the 1.10 as a throw-in (to start the negotiations) but asking for BOTH PLUS S Rice is WAY over the top and is likely to be counter-productive.

And if I owned the 1.01, I also would not trade it for Shon Greene - but perhaps someone else (you, for instance) might value the "bird in the hand" more than the "bird in the bush". But it is also my experience that most of the time the owners of 1.01 think it is gold anyway (even if they are not sure about who they would draft at 1.01), and therefore worth much more than Greene (I think that this would be even more likely to be the case with experienced PPR owners).

I really don't think we differ that much in what we would do if we were Matt's Eagles, I just think I might be more realistic about what the other guy will do. Particularly when Matt's Eagles appears to have a history of proposing a lot of trades. I'm really saying to him, "Matt, try to put yourself in the other guy's shoes and propose trades that might fit his needs as well."

It helps immensely to know what your potential trading partner is looking for. So I very much agree with your statement that "the rosters of the other owners are key to figuring out if its the type of deals they would be interested in."

Now give me my kudos on my thinking regarding Wallace and my trade for him which involved basically getting him for a 2011 5th rounder in a 20 man roster keep-10 semi-dynasty league.

Wonder - Here I thought you were going to respond to my take on Mike Wallace. :thumbsup:

Yea, I viewed the Greene Scheffler trade for 1.03 and Cooley as basically boiling down to Greene for 1.03. You make a valid point about Fred Davis potentially cutting into Cooley's pie. While you also make a valid point about "a bird in the hand", I think I'd still rather have 1.03. There's a real good chance Dez slips to 1.03 and I LOVE his upside in PPR. I still also like Spiller, Matthews, ahd Gerhart as well. But if he can get a throw-in WR of some real value along with Greene (better than he has right now other than White), he should try to get it. That is Greene and a top 25 WR for 1.03. And that may well be possible, because some ARE over-valuing Greene in PPR.

I also like the two other trades from HIS side I just don't think that the other side will do the deals (particularly if he insists on muddying the waters by requesting those extra and fairly meaningless throw-ins. Yes I have Rice as a GREEN CHIP (top ten WR) in PPR, and I personally would never get rid of him for Greene, but who knows, somebody else might. I think it is ok for him to ask for Pettigrew OR the 1.10 as a throw-in (to start the negotiations) but asking for BOTH PLUS S Rice is WAY over the top and is likely to be counter-productive.

And if I owned the 1.01, I also would not trade it for Shon Greene - but perhaps someone else (you, for instance) might value the "bird in the hand" more than the "bird in the bush". But it is also my experience that most of the time the owners of 1.01 think it is gold, and therefore worth much more than Greene.

I really don't think we differ that much in what we would do if we were Matt's Eagles, I just think I might be more realistic about what the other guy will do. Particularly when Matt's Eagles appears to have a history of proposing a lot of trades. I'm really saying to him, "Matt, try to put yourself in the other guy's shoes and propose trades that might fit his needs as well."

It helps immensely to know what your potential trading partner is looking for. So I very much agree with your statement that "the rosters of the other owners are key to figuring out if its the type of deals they would be interested in."

Now give me my kudos on my thinking regarding Wallace and my trade for him which involved basically a 2011 5th rounder in a 20 man roster keep-10 semi dynasty league.

What about just trading

I give Greene and

I get 1.3 and James Jones

Then trade Whitehurst and pick 32

for

Pettigrew

I then have Jones a WR upgrade (i can even toss in robiskie or another low end wr), picks 3, 6, 13, 21. I get Stafford for Whitehurst (got off of WW)

Cooley(28 years old) had bad numbers due to injury and poor qb play so should be fairly buy low. With McNabb at QB should get a little bump...But Pettigrew(yes in 4 more games) had better numbers than Cooley and looked to get with Stafford (25)

James Jones had the third worst catch percentage in the league and he's a WR3 or WR4 on his own team anyway, plus J. Finley will catch several balls.

I'd keep Shonn Greene if I was you.

Not sure why the love for Brandon Pettigrew, I wouldn't worry about acquiring him either.