Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

Cornkobb's 2010 Bold Predictions

1. Montario Hardesty Cleveland takes the starting rb position after week 2 and rushes for 1100 yds 7tds and 30 catches. Jerome Harrison and Chris Jennings are not Holmgrens boys and will be an afterthought. Hardesty will be a big surprise in 2010. Holmgren already raving about him in Mini Camp.

2. Matt Forte bounces back in Mike Martz offense despite Chester Taylor and a poor 2009 season. Forte was limited in 2009 with hamstring and knee issues. He is fully healthy and should bounce back with 50plus catches in a Martz friendly offense. add 1000yds rush and 6 tds and u have a sweet #2 rb u can get round 5 or so.

3. Shonn Greene is this years 2009 Matt Forte. Terrible results for where he is being drafted imo. Great oline, run 1st team, but I see disapointment. He will only catch 10balls all year and will compete with Ltomlinson coming in on 3rd down and even some other series when they are in pass mode. Something smells rotten on him being picked as early as late round one. I simply dont like it.

4. Greg Jennings returns to his 9plus td form. Only 4tds last yr out of 30tds thrown by rodgers. I think Jennings has way too much talent with an elite qb to repeat the pitiful 4tds of last yr. Driver is a yr older and despite spreading the ball around to finley etc Jennings will be the elite wr with 80catches 1200yds and 9tds. Not bad for a early 3rd round pick due to last yrs debacle.

5. Michael Crabtree is a great #2 wr for your team. He is supertalented, has ota's, minicamps, and training camp to build a solid offseason. Alex Smith is a big ? but I recall Crabtree having some decent games last yr without any training camp due to the holdout. I see 70catches 1050yds and 7tds. Nice stats for a later pick.

We shall see. thanks, Cornkobb. :wall:

I dont see these predictions being all that bold, but i agree to at least some extent on all of them. Probably the boldest of the bunch is the hardesty prediction, but the way Mangini has been heaping praise on him early I can see him being the lead back there by the time you predicted. I am also a little hesitant to put a huge amount of faith in Greene, but it has more to do with some durability concerns on a large workload than the presence of LT, or his lack of recieving skills. I dont think the Jennings or Crabtree predictions are bold at all. I think the majority would agree with your take on them

I dont see these predictions being all that bold.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with your post, but there was certainly nothing bold in it. It isn't like you are the only person with these exact sentiments. Tell us Brady will be caught in the parking lot sitting on Peyton's lap. THAT is bold.

1. Moss returns to a 20 td season in a contract year and will be the reigning fantasy MVP.

2. Frank Gore will lead the league in rushing with 1900 yards.

3. CJ will have 1300 rushing yards disappointing everyone who took him with the 1st or 2nd overall.

4. Alex Smith will have 28+ tds

5. Brent Celek will lead all TE's in TDs and fantasy points.

- Stewart will replace D. Williams as the man in Carolina.

I felt like most of my post was bold.

Hardisty takes over #1 rb job and plays well on a crappy team

Last yrs top 5 pick who was a bust bounces back to fantasy stardom forte

Everyones new flavor of the month Shonn Greene being picked in the 1st rd is a bust

Greg Jennings returns to studville.....not bold i agree

Crabtree has a very good yr with a underachieving qb.

I think if these things happen it will be pretty surprising to most.

Peyton in Bradys lap......LOLOLOLOL.

2. Matt Forte bounces back in Mike Martz offense despite Chester Taylor and a poor 2009 season. Forte was limited in 2009 with hamstring and knee issues. He is fully healthy and should bounce back with 50plus catches in a Martz friendly offense. add 1000yds rush and 6 tds and u have a sweet #2 rb u can get round 5 or so.

um, Forte had 57 last year... so that's not too brilliant of a prediction.

though i do think CTaylor just lets you grab Forte for cheaper than he should go for. PPR league last year he finished 12th RB, despite only 4 tds.

I like the list

So many rookie rb's this year that can break out - Hardesty isn't mentioned as much as Matthews, Tate, or Spiller. It's pretty bold on the bold list

Forte seems to be forgotten about for some reason. I agree this guy could be way up there by seasons end - - what a great value for a number 2 or even 3 running back

Shonne Greene and under 10 receptions a year makes me want to barf. LT with a great line could actually look more explosive. Greene is definitely in line for the biggest bust candidate for the 15th overall pick. I don't see the Jets rushing attack sneaking up on anybody this year. All defensive schemes will be to stop the run - - - Give me Braylon Edwards for the sleeper candidate on this team

Jennings - let's see if Rodgers makes it through another pounding season again. He can't continue to take those blows on a frozen field. Something in his body will give. I still don't like Jennings

Crabtree - love is in the air - - I wan't him in every league this year. You have Gore and Vernon taking away pressure. This boy could explode

and I love Alex Smith this year for a #2 qb that could easily put up top 10 type of td numbers. shhhhhh

I like the list

So many rookie rb's this year that can break out - Hardesty isn't mentioned as much as Matthews, Tate, or Spiller. It's pretty bold on the bold list

I agree with this also! Good OL and will pound the ball a lot. Hardesty will be that breakout RB that happens every year

Forte seems to be forgotten about for some reason. I agree this guy could be way up there by seasons end - - what a great value for a number 2 or even 3 running back

If you can get him in the 4th or 5th...very good value...I won't touch him with a 60/40 split

Shonne Greene and under 10 receptions a year makes me want to barf. LT with a great line could actually look more explosive. Greene is definitely in line for the biggest bust candidate for the 15th overall pick. I don't see the Jets rushing attack sneaking up on anybody this year. All defensive schemes will be to stop the run - - - Give me Braylon Edwards for the sleeper candidate on this team

Concur.....Shonne is a bust waiting to happen....LT will get 35% of carries and all rec's and 50% TD's....I like Braylon as a bounce back also!!![/i]

Jennings - let's see if Rodgers makes it through another pounding season again. He can't continue to take those blows on a frozen field. Something in his body will give. I still don't like Jennings

I like jenning a lot this year....with Finley working underneath and deep....Jennings all day....90/1300/10 I also like Ryan Grant to show up like A.Green did 10 years ago after 3 years of mediocor play...

Crabtree - love is in the air - - I wan't him in every league this year. You have Gore and Vernon taking away pressure. This boy could explode and I love Alex Smith this year for a #2 qb that could easily put up top 10 type of td numbers. shhhhhh

Crabtree is on everyones lists...good luckktrying to get him cheap.

1. Moss returns to a 20 td season in a contract year and will be the reigning fantasy MVP.

3. CJ will have 1300 rushing yards disappointing everyone who took him with the 1st or 2nd overall.

So the 49ers lead the league in scoring??

:D

I love these predictions... bold, but possible. I especially like A. Smith and Gore...

i agree with the Forte....i got man love all day for him this year

i am actually gonna "reach" and take him in the 4th as my #2 rb

my BOLD prediction is:

Devin Thomas will have 79 rec 1148yds & 8tds

1. Montario Hardesty Cleveland takes the starting rb position after week 2 and rushes for 1100 yds 7tds and 30 catches. Jerome Harrison and Chris Jennings are not Holmgrens boys and will be an afterthought. Hardesty will be a big surprise in 2010. Holmgren already raving about him in Mini Camp.

3. Shonn Greene is this years 2009 Matt Forte. Terrible results for where he is being drafted imo. Great oline, run 1st team, but I see disapointment. He will only catch 10balls all year and will compete with Ltomlinson coming in on 3rd down and even some other series when they are in pass mode. Something smells rotten on him being picked as early as late round one. I simply dont like it.

4. Greg Jennings returns to his 9plus td form. Only 4tds last yr out of 30tds thrown by rodgers. I think Jennings has way too much talent with an elite qb to repeat the pitiful 4tds of last yr. Driver is a yr older and despite spreading the ball around to finley etc Jennings will be the elite wr with 80catches 1200yds and 9tds. Not bad for a early 3rd round pick due to last yrs debacle.

5. Michael Crabtree is a great #2 wr for your team. He is supertalented, has ota's, minicamps, and training camp to build a solid offseason. Alex Smith is a big ? but I recall Crabtree having some decent games last yr without any training camp due to the holdout. I see 70catches 1050yds and 7tds. Nice stats for a later pick.

We shall see. thanks, Cornkobb. :rolleyes:

1. I disagree. I think Jerome Harrison will get the majority of the production at RB in Cleveland.

2. I agree with Forte being great this year, I think he' right up there in the top 8 running backs in ppr leagues.

3. I disagree. Even in ppr leagues and even if he doesn't catch a single pass, which is possible, I see Shonn Greene having a huge year with 1350 - 1600 yards and 10-20 touchdowns.

4. I agree with you on Greg Jennings.

5. I agree with you on Crabtree.

Looks like the 49ers have a great young offense, and they play in the weakest division in the NFL. The Niners drafted two rookie linemen and traded for Ginn. I'm not saying Ginn is awesome, but he can stretch the field. If Alex Smith can step his game up, the 49ers will have a good chance to put up some nice fantasy points. This is also the first time Alex has had the same offensive coordinater back to back years. He finally has confidence and the players to make for a successful year. Gore, Crabtree, Davis, Ginn, Morgan, and company have a chance.

Looks like the 49ers have a great young offense, and they play in the weakest division in the NFL. The Niners drafted two rookie linemen and traded for Ginn. I'm not saying Ginn is awesome, but he can stretch the field. If Alex Smith can step his game up, the 49ers will have a good chance to put up some nice fantasy points. This is also the first time Alex has had the same offensive coordinater back to back years. He finally has confidence and the players to make for a successful year. Gore, Crabtree, Davis, Ginn, Morgan, and company have a chance.

man this has to burn with your handle.

I think you make some very valid points though. I nabbed Crabtree already in one draft.

would love to get Gore, Crabtree, Vernon, or Alex in my other 2 leagues. This 49er team does have ff points written all over it this year and I want a little piece of them in all 3 of my leagues.

how will Gore and Alex Smith both have monster seasons? One or the other but not both.

im a 49er fan and i try to get as many as i can. their studs are studs

gore: stud

vernon: stud

crabtree: up and coming stud

defense: top 5 defense

my prediction for alex smith is 3000-3500 yards, 25 TDs and 15 INTs. I'm trying to get him a little later in drafts (round 8-10) as a backup

Hard to admit the 49ers are starting to turn their organization around, while the Raiders and still in the cellar.

I don't see the Jets rushing attack sneaking up on anybody this year. All defensive schemes will be to stop the run - - -

You don't think opposing defenses were geared up to stop the run last season when the Jets were starting a rookie QB and the HC came out and said they were going to be a "ground and pound" offense?

By the time they reached the playoffs weren't teams aware that the Jets were going to look to run?

If anything the maturity of Sanchez and the addition of Holmes will make it more difficult for opposing teams to stack the box.

i could easily see smith with 26-28 tds 12-13 ints and 3600-3800 yrds passing....i dont see gore at 1900 never has come close...i see gore closer to about 1300-1500 with 350-450 yrds rcvng 10-12 tds.....

i like your list though...i really do like smith as #2 if he plays like last year could easily put up #1 type #s

1. Felix Jones becomes a top 5 back after defying the odds of injury that have plagued him the past few seasons

2. Joe Mcknight becomes a starting RB week 3 in PPR leagues after a washed up LT shows no effectiveness

3. Miles Austin's angel descends back down upon the earth for a luke warm 70/900/4 stat line

4. The Oakland Raiders win the AFC West

5. Matt Leinart and Larry Fitzgerald become the top QB/WR duo in the league

6. After Kevin Kolb struggles for several weeks, Michael Vick emerges like a phoenix from the ashes and becomes a fantasy beast once again