Sign in to follow this  
Flutieflakes

Brandon Lloyd replacing Brandon Marshall

I have seen some scuttle about Lloyd being the deep threat for Denver this year. Really? If so, how long would that last with Dem Thomas in the wings? I know every year there are high expectaions for Lloyd but the only consistancy he shows fantasy owners is dissapointment.Any Denver Homers out there to confirm?

This is just camp banter... Demaryius Thomas is the best receiver on that team. Only a matter of time before he's starting.

Actually i am denver homer -

And I posted something similar to this at the end of the season last year. Speculation is that Josh McDaniels Loves Lloyd, and thinks he can be the equivalant to Randy moss in NE.

Everyone thinks Gaffney will be the benificary of Marshalls abscence - Gaffney did have the huge game against KC, and Gaffney does now the offense better than anyother WR on the team, However gaffney is what he is, and McDaniels also reconigizes that.

Gaffney will be the WR to own for the first 3-5 weeks - Llyod will be the WR to own the remaineder of the season. Let me finish by saying- Lyod is no sure bet - he is obviously a boom or bust canidate...unless you have a deep WR CORE - I might try someone a bit safer!

I remember YEARS ago, with Frisco, when Lloyd looked like a talented, emerging young WR. There is really no point to this recollection, but I do remember it.

I remember YEARS ago, with Frisco, when Lloyd looked like a talented, emerging young WR. There is really no point to this recollection, but I do remember it.

He definitely made a few circus catches for the Niners a few years back but I also agree with another poster in this tread, I thought he was out of the league at this point.

He definitely made a few circus catches for the Niners a few years back but I also agree with another poster in this tread, I thought he was out of the league at this point.

+1 more

How many teams has this guy been on? ....I'll look it up, hold on....WOW great catches throughout - sidetracked, let me find those teams....

BRANDON LLOYD - YEP HE's a NOMAD- look at all those teams in only his 8th year

2009 Denver Broncos 2 1 8 117 14.6 44 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2008 Chicago Bears 11 5 26 364 14.0 32 2 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2007 Washington Redskins 8 1 2 14 7.0 9 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2006 Washington Redskins 15 12 23 365 15.9 52 0 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1

2005 San Francisco 49ers 16 15 48 733 15.3 89T 5 -- -- -- -- -- 1 1

2004 San Francisco 49ers 13 13 43 565 13.1 52 6 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2003 San Francisco 49ers 16 1 14 212 15.1 44 2

What a great deep sleeper name though! I'll be keeping an eye on Mr. Lloyd!

Gaffney will lead the Broncos in receptions this year. Rookie Eric Decker will be 2nd. Take a flyer on Decker at the end of your draft.

This is just camp banter... Demaryius Thomas is the best receiver on that team. Only a matter of time before he's starting.

ye-yea, like in 2011, maybe. Bay-Bay T has no clue and neither do you, mobb deep. The Denver passing game requires complex defensive reads and mid-route adjustments to them - it is completely different from Bay-Bay's his skill set - he will be a total fish out of water this year for sure. He has only run two routes in college, mainly go routes off of play-action to Dwyer. The D would bite on Dwyer and Bay-Bay would get wide open - no thought required.

From today's practice: WR Demaryius Thomas is experiencing typical rookie growing pains. "I hear the play in the huddle. I'm thinking, 'That's what I've got,’ and then there might be an alert, so I'm thinking and thinking and by the time the ball's snapped, I'm thinking too much." He's never had to run routes or even begin to read a defense. He's got at least a year learning curve, maybe two. This was a terrible draft pick for the McDaniels/Orton offense. Thomas MAY have value when/if Tebow learns to play QB (a separate learning curve issue) and gets on the field as a REAL QB (not a wildcat option) - and not before.

To quote Orange Soda (above): "Gaffney is what he is, and McDaniels also recognizes that". I agree - what he is - is a guy who played under McD at New England and knows McDaniel's system inside and out - every WR position and how to react to every defensive look.... he knows where to be and when to be there. I'm drafting Gaffney on just about every team I have, because he will well outperform his ADP, and probably will be the only DEN receiver to do so.

Eddie Royal is a decent sleeper pick, but ONLY if you draft him very late (Eddie is a smaller quicker and IMO more talented version of Bay-Bay). Same issues with learning this offense - if you draft him as a sleeper, hopefully he's caught on.

You can mark it down. DThomas will NOT be a fantasy factor this year. He is on my DO NOT DRAFT list even for 20 man rosters.

And Lloyd? You've got to be kidding me!

Let me clear up the original premise of the OP which perpetuates a total myth: Denver very SELDOM throws deep. That went out the window with Shanahan and Cutler, and is what destroyed Eddie Royal's value last year. If i had a dollar for every pass THROWN over 30 yards downfield last year, I wouldn't have enough to take my wife out for dinner. Brandon Marshall was NEVER a deep threat. Marshall was a big talented possession WR who had a nose for the football and as someone said, has trememdous YAC ability. The Denver passing game is mainly 3 and fast 5 step QB drops to short and intermediate patterns all over the field based on quick reads. Marshall got fed the ball a lot because of his ability to get open in coverage (not beat the coverage deep), his "my-ball" mentality, and he had the trust of Orton that he could move the sticks after he caught it.

What he said. Thomas had an astonishing 25 YPR in college because all he did was run sideline go routes and occasionally catch one. No one else on GT had more than 8 catches last year, and he only had 46. The guy made his name on teams over-committing against the triple-option and being the only division-I caliber receiver on the team. GT is pretty fun to watch (unless they're playing your team) but a WR coming out of Paul Johnson's system probably hasn't developed his game much more than what he already had coming out of high school. Thomas obviously has great size and good speed, but he's as raw as a guy with 3 years of WR play in college could possibly be. I will be surprised if he catches 25 balls this year.

lets not forget that Josh McDaniels is an epic trainwreck of Millenesque proportions and that Denver is the new Detroit. all hope is lost in he mile high city.