Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round 1 Commentary

Unofficial Rules For The Newbies And The Hard Headed Vets That Still Break Them

1. Encourage commentary...more the better, just keep it constructive and respectful

2. If you're own picks are criticized, don't take it personal...about learning for all of us

3. Do NOT reference players by name till AFTER they are actually picked

4. Stick with format of picks Mike outlined...He goes nuts if you deviate, not a pretty picture.

I miss anything guys?

Unofficial Rules For The Newbies And The Hard Headed Vets That Still Break Them

1. Encourage commentary...more the better, just keep it constructive and respectful

2. If you're own picks are criticized, don't take it personal...about learning for all of us

3. Do NOT reference players by name till AFTER they are actually picked

4. Stick with format of picks Mike outlined...He goes nuts if you deviate, not a pretty picture.

I miss anything guys?

5. Lets kill this and have some fun?

I took Chris Johnson because I had the 1.01 pick..... :wave:

After CJ, AP, Ray Rice, MJD & Gore, I really couldn't see drafting the next best RB and getting any value, so I went with the man, the myth, the legend...Andre Johnson.

ICEMAN

Yer lookin' perty Ray! :thumbsup:

I really am...... :bandana:

Pick seven is no-mans-land in the first round in this format. The big 4 backs are gone along with AJ. I'm glad Gore was gone so that I wasn't tempted. I had to grab a 90+ reception 10 td wr., and this was the only other wideout that I was confident could attain that. Wayne is a nice SAFE first rounder, and I'm on the short corner! :thumbsup:

Pick seven is no-mans-land in the first round in this format. The big 4 backs are gone along with AJ. I'm glad Gore was gone so that I wasn't tempted. I had to grab a 90+ reception 10 td wr., and this was the only other wideout that I was confident could attain that. Wayne is a nice SAFE first rounder, and I'm on the short corner! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I think it to be the perfect choice. I actually find the later-round picks to be less agonizing than in past years. There appears to have emerged a dearth of talent that is entirely palatable. I actually prefer having one of these later picks in a serpentine format....

Has WhiteWonder been around today?

no, but i am now :wave:

my bad.

pick is Randy Moss. Contract year? check. Uncertainty among other WR's? check. QB another full year healthy? check.

It's hard to knock the Wayne pick because everything RC said is absolutely true. But I will always take Moss ahead of Wayne in any draft this year. I guess you could say Wayne is safer....I could agree with that. But Moss isn't exactly risky, and the potential for huge numbers is there, where it might not be for Wayne. There are a lot of weapons in Indy....and Wayne might not lead his team in receptions or touchdowns. I guess the same could be said of Moss...but I'd be shocked if he didn't lead in yards AND TDs for the Pats.

no, but i am now :wave:

my bad.

pick is Randy Moss. Contract year? check. Uncertainty among other WR's? check. QB another full year healthy? check.

He was the only other I seriously considered right now.

It's hard to knock the Wayne pick because everything RC said is absolutely true. But I will always take Moss ahead of Wayne in any draft this year. I guess you could say Wayne is safer....I could agree with that. But Moss isn't exactly risky, and the potential for huge numbers is there, where it might not be for Wayne. There are a lot of weapons in Indy....and Wayne might not lead his team in receptions or touchdowns. I guess the same could be said of Moss...but I'd be shocked if he didn't lead in yards AND TDs for the Pats.

Moss doesn't have the "in game heart" to fight double coverage. He'll get after it when he's given single coverage and an open post, but the plays he takes off are the plays Reggie walks by him.

Moss doesn't have the "in game heart" to fight double coverage. He'll get after it when he's given single coverage and an open post, but the plays he takes off are the plays Reggie walks by him.

He plays when he wants to play.....

But he did put up a whole point per game more than Wayne did last year....had fewer games with 5 of fewer points than Wayne (3 vs. 6), and had twice as many double digit games in the second half (4 vs. 2) than Wayne.

Plus, there's a risk Wayne is sitting some portion of the game Weeks 15 & 16.....when you need him most.

It's not that I'm dissing Wayne...he's a stud. It's just that I have a mancrush for Moss.

Chris Johnson

Pretty much consensus pick for most FFers, personally have my concerns per previous research I've done:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=366372&st=0&p=4264933entry4264933

With that said, I've been wrong before (and data was wrong last year with AP), so solid pick

Adrian Peterson

My #1 pick, even in ppr, think whether a certain wishy-washy-wishy qb comes back or not still see Vikes leaning on AP as they did in 08, and he showed last year he can be active in passing game to a degree

Ray Rice

My #2 as though don't think he'll match totals last year, will still get a solid number of recs/rec yds, and think he breaks into double digit tds as well

MJD

Rounds out the 'Big 4' at top of draft boards and deservedly so. Has become the boring pick that produces year after year.

Gore

Concerned that he has played only one season where he did not miss time due to injury and always seems to fall below expectations each year. Of course if you like him, and lot to like particularly in ppr, he's solid pick here.

AJ

My consensus #1 ppr or standard, kid has all the tools, decent offense, qb only getting better.

Wayne

Agree that he is the 'safe' and solid pick here as he's still go-to receiver in this offense.

Moss

Have to agree that though Wayne is safer of the two, Moss isn't as risky as some would make out: for reasons outlined by WW, coming of 'down' year where he had 80/1200/13, plus those concerned with his age: history has shown elite WRs productive after 30+

Fitz might be the best Wide receiver in the draft, but he was in the worst situation of the top 4. He should see plenty of targets, that's for sure. Might be the diamond in the rough of over thinking a situation. (I'm Guilty of that alot)

Fitz might be the best Wide receiver in the draft, but he was in the worst situation of the top 4. He should see plenty of targets, that's for sure. Might be the diamond in the rough of over thinking a situation. (I'm Guilty of that alot)

I did a mock last night...and Fitz slipped to 20th overall. I know that folks have some reservations about him, but that's ridiculous.

I agree. I think too many people are over thinking his situation this year. He'll be fine.

1.10 Roddy

2.01 Rodgers

I really wanted to pull the trigger on a RB but I just couldn't do it. Someone tell me why I should have. In light of not, I didn't want to go WR/WR, so I went with Rodgers. I know we only get 4pt/Pass TD, but I'll get 6 if he runs any in, and frankly I'll watch more Packers games than Saints games. Perhaps not the most sound reasons, but there you go.

Fitz is still a top guy but his QB situation will bump him below similar players like Moss and Wayne for me.

in a redraft if you let me choose between Moss and Fitz im taking the one with the better QB. All it boils down to.