Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

LT looks good

Tomlinson looks good in a Jets uniform. :pointstosky:

As far as his actual play, he still obviously lacks that burst that made him super human 3 years ago but he is showing more burst than even i had hoped for and it reaffirms my belief that he will be used more than Shonn Greene owners are hoping.

Tomlinson looks good in a Jets uniform. :pointstosky:

As far as his actual play, he still obviously lacks that burst that made him super human 3 years ago but he is showing more burst than even i had hoped for and it reaffirms my belief that he will be used more than Shonn Greene owners are hoping.

What burst??

Am I watching the same game as you guys?

What burst??

Am I watching the same game as you guys?

you didnt like the burst on reception for a first down? or the nice outside run for a TD that got called back due to a "hold" by the center?

oh and also how long are you going to use this alias anyway?

you didnt like the burst on reception for a first down? or the nice outside run for a TD that got called back due to a "hold" by the center?

oh and also how long are you going to use this alias anyway?

I saw no burst on the first down reception, I saw him running one way and the defender running another way.

His "nice outside run" was him stumbling through a wide open hole untouched. He almost tackled himself.

I saw no burst on the first down reception, I saw him running one way and the defender running another way.

His "nice outside run" was him stumbling through a wide open hole untouched. He almost tackled himself.

:lol:

:unsure:

Lay off the booze Newbie.

:unsure:

Lay off the booze Newbie.

Sorry, you're right.

LT looks so great tonight, I can't believe he averaged 2.1 yards a carry! :pointstosky:

Sorry, you're right.

LT looks so great tonight, I can't believe he averaged 2.1 yards a carry! :pointstosky:

Along with 14 yards per catch...

Big sample size on that one lol.

Still didn't break 4 yards a touch.

And a big sample size on your preseason 2.1 yards per carry reference. 8 carries is enough to base an opinion though... :music_guitarred:

And a big sample size on your preseason 2.1 yards per carry reference. 8 carries is enough to base an opinion though... :music_guitarred:

It is when I'm disputing the notion that LT somehow looked "good"

Try and keep up.

It is when I'm disputing the notion that LT somehow looked "good"

Try and keep up.

Am I writing to a 13 year old? You said he averaged 2.1 yards per carry, but made no reference to the sample size you were using. It was 8 carries in a preseason game. I simply added that he averaged 14 yards per catch. I think the yards per catch based on 1 catch is about as useful as the yards per carry using 8 carries.

I'm not worried about LT affecting Greene's touches this year.

I can't get past LT looks good :sleep:

Greene is going to be a monster even with his 8 total receptions for the year. LT is going to have a Kevin Faulk type of role IMO. 100% in there to catch passes on 3rd down, the draw play hoping for 8 yards, or after Greene breaks a 45 yard run and is winded.

role player is all I can think of. A great pick for round 12 and later.

Am I writing to a 13 year old? You said he averaged 2.1 yards per carry, but made no reference to the sample size you were using. It was 8 carries in a preseason game. I simply added that he averaged 14 yards per catch. I think the yards per catch based on 1 catch is about as useful as the yards per carry using 8 carries.

I'm not worried about LT affecting Greene's touches this year.

:rolleyes:

im not too concerned with the actual statistics. what i saw on certain plays is much more important as it reaffirms multiple opinions i have on LT's situation in NY.

1. he looked good breaking a few open field tackles against the Giants first team. had his nice td run stood, that 2.1 would have been much higher. I know, thats a "what if" but again, I am less concerned with the result of the play and more concerned with how LT looked hitting the hole and shedding a tackler.

2. at the same time there were runs where he looked sluggish. Shonn Greene is the more explosive back, obviously.

3. LT WILL be used this season. Alot on 3rd down but also in tandem on 1st and 2nd down. Sorry to break it to all the Shonn Greene owners. Well not really sorry, Ive been saying it for months. This isn't to say Greene won't be a stud. Just don't expect 300 carries.

im not too concerned with the actual statistics. what i saw on certain plays is much more important as it reaffirms multiple opinions i have on LT's situation in NY.

1. he looked good breaking a few open field tackles against the Giants first team. had his nice td run stood, that 2.1 would have been much higher. I know, thats a "what if" but again, I am less concerned with the result of the play and more concerned with how LT looked hitting the hole and shedding a tackler.

2. at the same time there were runs where he looked sluggish. Shonn Greene is the more explosive back, obviously.

3. LT WILL be used this season. Alot on 3rd down but also in tandem on 1st and 2nd down. Sorry to break it to all the Shonn Greene owners. Well not really sorry, Ive been saying it for months. This isn't to say Greene won't be a stud. Just don't expect 300 carries.

A few would imply that LT broke more than 2 tackles. What tackles did he break other than one (I'm being generous with that) on his 14 yd catch?

LT will not make me shy away from Greene, but I hope it makes my league mates.

It is still a must to handcuff with LT due to injuries, and I could see people reading too much into tonight and taking LT higher than he should go.

Is LT better than the Thomas Jones they traded away? Jones did have 14 td's last year (I think).

Is LT better than the Thomas Jones they traded away? Jones did have 14 td's last year (I think).

not in the least. TJ had considerably less miles on him as well.

A few would imply that LT broke more than 2 tackles. What tackles did he break other than one (I'm being generous with that) on his 14 yd catch?

where did i say he broke a few tackles on that singular play?

i said he broke a few tackles....

yes and no

LT is miles better as a receiver. They are both pretty good in blitz pickup. Jones technically has the fresher legs but Jones is a straight line runner anyway.

i do think Jones is the better locker room guy but LT isn't bad.

so while im not going to say LT is better, i think he may be better for a team that was ready to hand the reigns over to Shonn Greene since LT excels in areas neither Jones nor Greene are great at.

where did i say he broke a few tackles on that singular play?

i said he broke a few tackles....

where did i say that you said he broke a few tackles on one play?

you're starting to sound like RP.

where did i say that you said he broke a few tackles on one play?

you're starting to sound like RP.

What tackles did he break other than one (I'm being generous with that) on his 14 yd catch?

i may have misunderstood the sentence at first glance, so i'll give you that. :thumbsup:

Jets Giants preseason photos

you'll have to scroll about halfway through but there is a nice picture of his 10+ yard TD run and the tackles he is breaking to get into the endzone.

the point is he broke a few tackles tonight.... like i said.

that recline pilot dude is a queer but you try way too hard newbie :lol:

i may have misunderstood the sentence at first glance, so i'll give you that. :thumbsup:

Jets Giants preseason photos

you'll have to scroll about halfway through but there is a nice picture of his 10+ yard TD run and the tackles he is breaking to get into the endzone.

the point is he broke a few tackles tonight.... like i said.

that recline pilot dude is a queer but you try way too hard newbie :lol:

photos? cmon now.

There is 1 semi-broken tackle in there on his (called back) td run, but I wouldn't even call that a broken tackle. If the endzone isn't right there, he gets tackled. It's not as if he ran freely into the endzone standing up.

Even IF I gave you that broken tackle along with the broken tackle I already gave you, 2 is less than a few.

photos? cmon now.

There is 1 semi-broken tackle in there on his (called back) td run, but I wouldn't even call that a broken tackle. If the endzone isn't right there, he gets tackled. It's not as if he ran freely into the endzone standing up.

Even IF I gave you that broken tackle along with the broken tackle I already gave you, 2 is less than a few.

A few is more than 1... :dunno:

WW - It's no use.

photos? cmon now.

I don't recall any broken tackles.

He got 8 carries for an average of 2.1 yards. READ THAT 2.1 YARDS. In what football way did he looked good?

Putting the entire "Did LT look good or not" debate aside for a second (and, for the record, I am of the camp that thought he looked pretty good with some pep in his step), I think something that needs to be considered by those who are on the Shonn Greene train and are expecting LT to strictly fill the Leon Washington role in this offense is the "superstar" persona and resume that LT brings with him to the Jets. Anyone who believes that, at 31 years old, one of the greatest Rbs to play the game is ready to quietly assume the role of "situational pass catching back" does not have a true handle on the psyche of a guy like Tomlinson. In his mind, he is there to compete for the starting RB position and I am confident that the Jets at least promised him that opportunity when he signed. I tried to watch the interactions between LT and Greene closely last night and I saw nothing to suggest that LT has taken on the "veteran mentoring the up and coming star" role. While most in this thread agree that LT will be in on third downs and will catch some balls as a safety valve, don't be surprised when this becomes a more traditional timeshare during the season, with Tomlinson and Greene both seeing first and second down reps. All time greats like LT typically have a keen sense of their own legacy---finally winning a Super Bowl while playing a key role on offense are likely what he envisions as being a part of the final chapter in his career.

Good or Bad, either way, it's still about value.

If I can add LT as my #6 or 7 RB in the 13th+, depending on who's available.

I'd be willing to take a flier and see what shakes out in the season.

Worse case, I cut him and pick up someone else off the wire.

Best case, He actually produces to put up #3 or #4 like numbers.

If he has a decent game or two, package his ass with someone else and upgrade.

Good or Bad, either way, it's still about value.

If I can add LT as my #6 or 7 RB in the 13th+, depending on who's available.

I'd be willing to take a flier and see what shakes out in the season.

Worse case, I cut him and pick up someone else off the wire.

Best case, He actually produces to put up #3 or #4 like numbers.

If he has a decent game or two, package his ass with someone else and upgrade.

While I agree with you that taking a flyer on LT in 13th+ is good I think it is unrealistic. Prior to last night's game and this past weekend's RB injuries his ADP was 9.02 (12 team). I am not saying it is warranted but I would have to think he will be moving up. So now it gets harder. Is it worth taking LT as RB 3/4 in the 7th+ round. If you are the Green owner I would say so but otherwise I wouldn't want to touch him at that point.

Yes LT did look good. Good enough to hurt Greene's value. I am on the Shonne Greene bandwagon and now I am a little concerned. Not because he broke a ton of tackels or showed his old burst. But because he WILL be heavily involved in the gameplan.