Sign in to follow this  
salparadise

Kubiak: "Foster Becoming A Hell Of A Player"

It appears that the Houston Texans and Gary Kubiak have settled on a starting running back. According to houstontexans.com, Kubiak was quoted as saying: "Arian is becoming a hell of a football player. The way he practices and prepares, the way he goes about his business with blitz pickup, he's going to be a good one if he keeps going. He did a 360. It's amazing. Bottom line, he comes out of school and there is a knock against him. We battled him for half a season for some of those standards and he did things. There's come a point that he was going to listen or it wasn't going to happen. Something clicked. He's doing everything we're asking him to do."

The Texans have been looking for one of their running backs to step up and take control of the starting spot. Steve Slaton has shown promise but he has a habit of placing the ball on the ground and has continued his fumbling ways this year. ESPN’s Paul Kuharsky writes that the Texans absolutely view Foster as their starting back, and view Slaton as a change of pace and third down option. From a fantasy perspective, Foster could be a great value at his current ADP of 7.02. The Texans’ high powered offense will produce a lot of points this year making Foster a valuable mid round pick.

He did a 360??? Wouldn't he be right back where he started from?

i love it when people mis use that term...bad grammar is unresponsible.

Well, the coach is not hired for his correct use of grammar.

Not that it's a big deal or anything, but I'm just saying......

irregardless, it's all a mute point.

And I wish Kubiak would shut up too.

At least until after my drafts so I can get this kid as late as I can.

irregardless, it's all a mute point.

See? Words like that have a bad affect on me. I would rather hear those words then see them written.

Fock, now I am going to have to draft his ass in the 5th round in tomorrows draft. :wall:

Foster just had a nice series, capped with a 10yd TD run.

:wall:

Then fumbled the ball away....not good with Kubiak :nono:

And I wish Kubiak would shut up too.

At least until after my drafts so I can get this kid as late as I can.

most people ignore preseason comments. Lots of time they dont mean anything and people will believe what they wanna believe anyhow.

This guy is still largely off the radar, so I wouldnt worry about it too much. If & When they officially declare him the starter some people may start to pay attention, but even if that happens, people are not generally expecting a lot from the Houston Running game because the passing game has been so strong.

I can still see you getting him late regardless of what happens in exhibition.

He did a 360??? Wouldn't he be right back where he started from?

My wife dropped a 360 bomb the other day. I explained to her 180 vs 360 and I'm still not sure she understood. Stupid brunettes.