Sign in to follow this  
tecklc2112

Arian Foster ranked 30th?

I'm not sure, but I think the being ranked 30th has something to do with 29 guys ahead of him.

:unsure:

But seriously, I see Spiller, F Jones, R Williams, and Forsett ahead of him that could be real candidates for him to pass. Would 26th make you feel better?

But wait, R Brown and Harrison behind him could pass him and then he'd be 28th!

There's a lot of guys "primed" for a top 20 finish. Not all can actually be top 20 though. Has for being a dark horse to break into the top 10? I'd say a real dark horse! Not based necessarily for lack of talent or even opportunity, but because to be top 10, so many others have to not be top 10. Ya follow?

Based on what I've read at FFT, Foster is a safe bet for 2,000 rushing with 80 receptions for 3,000 total yards and 25-30 touchdowns. :cheers:

Unless he fumbles and Kubiak benches him for no reason.

That's unique way of spelling douche!

:doublethumbsup:

I'm not trying to be a Dbag, I'm just a little leery of drafting a RB on a pass-first team with a coach who's got a quick hook in the 3rd round - I think Foster is a little overhyped.

This thread is by a Foster owner who can't believe someone has the audacity to rank Arian lower than a top 15 RB. And there are other obvious Foster owners chiming in as well. :sleep:

:banana:

You know who had a great Week 1 last year?

...Antoine Randle-El... :wub:

Did Randle-El ever get over 20 carries in any game? Was he considered a RB#1 let alone a WR#1 in his offense? Are these two players comparable whatsoever? :rolleyes:

Wow you are the awesome. :first:

Thanks, people like you were why I could draft him in the third round after Tate's injury :clap:

I have him on a few teams, and am pleased he played so well. But will reserve raising him up too high this early. Week 1 is not the best of barometers, but there is clearly some hope for him to be a solid starter each week.:thumbsup:

Thanks, people like you were why I could draft him in the third round after Tate's injury :clap:

That's so awesome for you. :cheers:

Let's not suffer from premature esmackulation... One fumble and the Kubiak might yank him for the barrel scraper. Am I the only one who thinks Vontae Leach was directly responsible for about 100 of those yards and maybe two of his scores???

I'm not trying to be a Dbag, I'm just a little leery of drafting a RB on a pass-first team with a coach who's got a quick hook in the 3rd round - I think Foster is a little overhyped.

Yeah, well, I just extrapolated his numbers and he's gonna rush for 3,800 yards and 48 TDs this year.

I still crack up when I see all the third round reach (arounds) for Foster. I got him in both my leagues as RB3 and he should be stellar at that value. I lost Grant in one league so Foster becomes my RB2, and I'm happy with that, especially since I used my early picks for WR.

Do I think last week's explosion was due to a really sucktastic Indy run D? You bet. Do I think his points will come back to reality against better Ds that have better balance? Sure. Do I think he's still an integral part of a very potent offense, and that his scoring opportunities will still be there? Definitely. Look, it's not like other teams are going to start stacking the box against this guy. The Texans are an air it out team, and other teams know and have to respect that. But just like I'm high on Pierre Thomas, good RBs on potent offenses will get theirs, and Foster is no exception. All last week's game did was show he's quality RB2 material. People shouldn't be jumping off the bridge in either direction.

Let's not suffer from premature esmackulation... One fumble and the Kubiak might yank him for the barrel scraper. Am I the only one who thinks Vontae Leach was directly responsible for about 100 of those yards and maybe two of his scores???

I'll settle for the other 130 yards and a score he had :overhead:

But seriously, as far as fumbles...Assuming Foster doesn't develop a case of the fumbles, Kubiak can't afford to just bench every RB based on one fumble.

Especially if he continues to give Foster 20-25 carries a game, fumbles are just inevitable. Besides, we already know he LIKES Foster, and DOESN'T LIKE Slaton...and besides Slaton, who would replace Foster?

I'll eat crow on Arian Foster. I had no faith in him coming into the season. He is no doubt the best bang for your buck in the draft this season.

Foster has to be one of the most overhyped players on FFT this offseason.

But I tend to believe in the FFT crew and I think he could put in a great season. With that said..he is not going to be top 20...but close to it.

Ouch

I think it is reasonable to use the third week of preseason as a viable measure of how a team intends to use a player as well as how that player may perform. I was very nervous that everyone would reach for Foster after the Dallas game. He flat out played great against a top rushing defense. And his game totals didn't tell the whole story, as he even had a TD called back due to a penalty.

I was also concerned early on as to how the change in offensive coordinators would impact all of the Texans' fantasy production. Well, the new OC kept the passing packages and appears to have greatly improved the run packages as well as the checkoffs - both heavily favoring the likelihood that Foster will have good production.

Combine these factors with the others that have been stated and Foster has a high probability of success. He should be drafted as a high RB2 with a good chance of production at the RB1 level. If you think a high RB2 with upside is worth a third round pick (I do), then that is where he should be drafted (at least that is how I evaluate picks).

Forgive me, but I'd say this guys post is a textbook example of the fact that credibility on this board does not equate to the number of posts you have. Sorry, but it should be pointed out.

I still crack up when I see all the third round reach (arounds) for Foster. I got him in both my leagues as RB3 and he should be stellar at that value. I lost Grant in one league so Foster becomes my RB2, and I'm happy with that, especially since I used my early picks for WR.

Do I think last week's explosion was due to a really sucktastic Indy run D? You bet. Do I think his points will come back to reality against better Ds that have better balance? Sure. Do I think he's still an integral part of a very potent offense, and that his scoring opportunities will still be there? Definitely. Look, it's not like other teams are going to start stacking the box against this guy. The Texans are an air it out team, and other teams know and have to respect that. But just like I'm high on Pierre Thomas, good RBs on potent offenses will get theirs, and Foster is no exception. All last week's game did was show he's quality RB2 material. People shouldn't be jumping off the bridge in either direction.

I drafted Foster in the third round, following up Peyton and Roddy.

I'm 9-3 with first place and the points lead locked up. I have 1713 points.

my 14-team league had our draft very early, right at the beginning of august, before tate got hurt and the foster train started running wild. i was able to get foster in the 14th round! he wasnt a guy that was on my radar, but he was available and i grabbed him. i picked up peyton hillis after week one. i drafted d-willy, shonn green, and chris wells in the first 5 rounds to carry the load running the ball. so much for that. i traded deangelo, and greene and wells have been buried on the bench. my team is 9-3, riding hillis and foster all the way, and now enjoying mike goodsen in the flex.

the moral of this story isnt "look at me, look how great i am", it is that super-early drafts suck and it pays off to hit forums like this and be observant on the waiver wire. it is amazing how much you can help your team knowing that guys like goodson and hillis may get some extra carries and grabbing them early, BEFORE they go off. drafts are fun, but fantasy football to me is all about scouring the waiver wire every week, looking for potential. thats how you build a team, not simply by drafting.

my 14-team league had our draft very early, right at the beginning of august, before tate got hurt and the foster train started running wild. i was able to get foster in the 14th round! he wasnt a guy that was on my radar, but he was available and i grabbed him. i picked up peyton hillis after week one. i drafted d-willy, shonn green, and chris wells in the first 5 rounds to carry the load running the ball. so much for that. i traded deangelo, and greene and wells have been buried on the bench. my team is 9-3, riding hillis and foster all the way, and now enjoying mike goodsen in the flex.

the moral of this story isnt "look at me, look how great i am", it is that super-early drafts suck and it pays off to hit forums like this and be observant on the waiver wire. it is amazing how much you can help your team knowing that guys like goodson and hillis may get some extra carries and grabbing them early, BEFORE they go off. drafts are fun, but fantasy football to me is all about scouring the waiver wire every week, looking for potential. thats how you build a team, not simply by drafting.

Respectfully, I wouldn't play in a league, money or otherwise, which didn't hold its draft at least after week 3 of the pre-season.

Respectfully, I wouldn't play in a league, money or otherwise, which didn't hold its draft at least after week 3 of the pre-season.

as long as the whole league is using the same rules, really, what difference does it make when the draft is? if anything, an early draft favors owners who are on-the-ball and do a lot of homework. later drafts give you a better idea of who is doing what and make drafting easier, but like i mentioned in my earlier post, a lot of the fun for me is using the waiver wire to improve a team. drafting early gives you that. while my league is somewhat competitive, we really are in it for bragging rights. if i were in a big-money league, id RATHER have an early draft, so that i can hopefully get an advantage.

regardless, the early draft helped me in the case of foster, and burned me in the case of shonn green. every other team has similar good luck/bad luck tales.

for the record, i agree with your preference of draft time.

yeah every league I'm in the draft is within 2 weeks of opening day. I snagged foster in the 7th in a 10 teamer 2 weekends before opening day, got him in the 5th in a 12 teamer the weekend before opening day, and in the 3rd in a 14 teamer 2 days before opening day. Got bye secured in 10 and 12 teamer, and am 1 game behind in the 14 teamer, where foster's big thursday has me looking real good to win, however McCoy's strong day has the 1st place team looking real strong too, so likely won't get the bye there. Without foster I would not be in that position in any of the 3 leagues...