Sign in to follow this  
BigSouth

KC Defense

The schedule looks like they could be a good pick up if they can play like that against the Chargers. They were hitting Matthews pretty hard and played solid for being on the field so long. Romeo might have put something together here.

The schedule looks like they could be a good pick up if they can play like that against the Chargers. They were hitting Matthews pretty hard and played solid for being on the field so long. Romeo might have put something together here.

I agree - and not only that, but McCluster and Arenas in the return game look like they could be something special. BTW: shh!

I'm tempted to roll with them this weekend at Cleveland. Except for weeks 4-6 (Bye-IND-HOU) their schedule is really nice.

Yes they did look stout last night, but right now they are still only a 'situational' defense against weak match-ups as far as I'm concerned. Let's see a few more games in decent weather conditions before we 'anoint' them.

I just got'em off the wire to play Cleveland, I expect double digits, and with Delhomme in or out, not sure if that's good for them or bad or if it even matters, love KC's special teams.

Start em at home...bench em on the road. except in really great matchups on the road, like prob this weekend.

The arrowhead crowd really pumps up the def at home, makes them a viable fantasy start. this is still an avg at best def though. last few years all the best def performances have been at home. Does offer solid value if you reward extra pts for return yards. My league doesnt, I think the poster above is wrong. Most leagues award TD's but not yards...least thats typically the default setting if nothing else.

Yeah, I've never seen a return yards for DST league.

Chiefs not a bad play this week. They were getting some nice pressure on Rivers late, though I actually think Cleveland has a better offensive line. I prefer the Raiders this week, but these guys could be decent.

Chiefs not a bad play this week. They were getting some nice pressure on Rivers late, though I actually think Cleveland has a better offensive line. I prefer the Raiders this week, but these guys could be decent.

In my league, there is no D/ST penalty for allowing a ton of points and yards; scoring is strictly on sacks, ints, fumble recoveries and D/ST scores.

Because of that, I dropped the Cincy D in favor of KC's D, and will likely play them most times - definitely when @ home. Their return game looks electric. I gotta believe that Arenas and McCluster are going to be the new Josh Cribbs phenoms.

I like them vs. CLE; I think anytime you can play KC's D @ home, it's good with my scoring format, and anytime you can play them on the road against a weak offensive team, it's equally good.

i like the Raiders and Carolina D this week, both playing weak offense teams, both lost opener on road, both hosting home opener. Raiders #1 choice vs St Louis , rookie QB Bradford, his first road game, Black Hole will be pumped up.

I'm a little wary of KC this week if Delhomme is out. If Jake is on the bench the Browns offense may get a little... weird. Earlier in the season I read about how Wallace and Cribbs would get to do some exciting stuff. Could be a disaster for the Browns or could spell trouble for KC. Since I picked up Carolina last week I'll just keep rolling with them one more week.

My league awards 1pt per 20yds which is why I asked if KC D was a starter every week in that format because of their great special teams play.

We do get penealized for pts scored against Defenses though.

Their special teams makes them sooooo tempting. The D looked energized, but as has been said, a lot of that has to do with the Arrowhead crowd pumping them up. There's no doubt, though, that they were energized and ready and playing better than recent years. As a homer I want to drop Cincy and get the Cheifs so bad, but right now my gut is saying not to. Maybe after Week 6?

Think they are a good start if they have a favorable matchup, especially at Arrowhead. I'm rolling with them vs. Cleveland this week in a league where we start 2 DEF.

I think KC could be more than a sleeper D. They could be a sleeper team in the West. They will put up good fantasy numbers on Sunday. Seneca or Jake is good for at least 2 picks. Throw on a few sacks and a fumble recovery and the chance of a big return and you are in business...

Young and fast. Those 2 words were once said about a team in 1997, that beat THREE number one seeds in the NCAA tournament. The 1997 Arizona Wildcats. They won it all.

KC ... is this years Cinderella, so far.

I have Charles, Jones, KC DST, McCluster and Arenas as my single IDP in my return yards league.

Team name? The McCluster Focks.

Was the Virginia Jay Jays ... but I like this better.

Picked them up this week. Not 100% sure I'll be starting them, but most likely. The two rook kick returners have been mention, but they also have rook FS Eric Berry who KC feels is a ball hawk big play ready to happen. If Jake the Mistake plays Berry might take one to the house.

Let's not forget that KC has invested a lot of high draft picks and money into that defense in recent years. Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry... I mean, every year, they've used a top 5 pick on a defender for as long as I can remember. I think more than anything, these guys are getting experienced enough to make a difference.

I've watched quite a bit of KC football, and Monday night, their defense looked aggressive and solid for the first time since the Derrick Thomas days. The 3-4 they played reminded me a lot of the Jets, Ravens, etc. Not to mention the one punt return for a TD, and a second where Arenas got inexplicably tackled by Scifres in the open field (rookie brain fart, won't happen again!).

If you play musical chairs with your DST, I'd recommend taking KC this week and watching the game, see what you think. As someone who owns Floyd, Mathews, and Gates, I was expecting 50 points out of those guys and came away ridiculously impressed with KC's D/ST.

I agree with all of that, and as a Chiefs fan I loved what I saw. As a fantasy player I wonder how much of that was due in part to the weather. I think they're definitely moving in the right direction, definitely have some playmakers, but wonder if they're still a season off from being a more regular DST play.

I'm tempted to roll with them this weekend at Cleveland. Except for weeks 4-6 (Bye-IND-HOU) their schedule is really nice.

Also consider, Cleveland is a revenge game. Harrison hung his 284 yard day on them last December. Dorsey, who was a beast against San Diego, did not play that game, and the ILBs that started are now 2nd team.

Let's not forget that KC has invested a lot of high draft picks and money into that defense in recent years. Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Eric Berry... I mean, every year, they've used a top 5 pick on a defender for as long as I can remember. I think more than anything, these guys are getting experienced enough to make a difference.

I've watched quite a bit of KC football, and Monday night, their defense looked aggressive and solid for the first time since the Derrick Thomas days. The 3-4 they played reminded me a lot of the Jets, Ravens, etc. Not to mention the one punt return for a TD, and a second where Arenas got inexplicably tackled by Scifres in the open field (rookie brain fart, won't happen again!).

If you play musical chairs with your DST, I'd recommend taking KC this week and watching the game, see what you think. As someone who owns Floyd, Mathews, and Gates, I was expecting 50 points out of those guys and came away ridiculously impressed with KC's D/ST.

Correction, I should have said another revenge game. The Chargers beat them by a total of 59 points in 2 games.

The number of high draft choices was largely not in evidence last season, since they were playing a 3-4 for the first time, and the DC was more comfortable with a 4-3. Tyson Jackson was largely self taught, and it showed. The whole defense was tentative, and lacked game speed. That is very different this year. Plus they got a lot more physical.

J