Sign in to follow this  
Agame

What do you think of MJD from here on out?

Jags just signed QB Edwards. While he may not be the fix for the offense, he could be an improvement over Garrard and start to open things up for the offense. And as I've said in another MJD thread, who's going to take him? I'm not even sure a Sell Low would get you anything worth while.

My buddy was offered Fitz for MJD. What is everyones take? Complete wash? He has Welker and Wayne for Wr's and Beanie Wells,Bradshaw,Mcfadden as Rb's.

I'm an MJD owner and got offered Miles Austin straight up for him today to give people an idea of what his "value" may be.

I'm really, really considering the trade because I hate the way JAX's offense is trending with Garrard. I hate that guy.

He does play Indy this week, so if he's gonna light it up for you this will be the week. He did tail off toward the last third of '09....so I'm wondering if we're seeing the continuation of that or just a few bad games. :dunno:

I'm Clinging on.... the guy still got 22 carries and a couple passes in a complete blow out last week.... any back that gets that many opportunities especially with his talent is bound to break out.... he's not in a committee and gets goalline... I just dont think there's enough value for him at all to be worth a trade. Btw.... weeks 14 and 15 he gets oakland and indy... could be playoff gold....

I don't think Trent Edwards is going to fix anything. He's not a good QB and will not find success in a bad offense.

I'm starting to wonder if MJD's 365 touches from last season are starting to catch up to him. I *think* the biggest culprit is the Jags' offense. I think he can still finish with 1200 yards and 9 TDs plus his normal receiving work, but I am starting to worry a little bit.

I'm gonna be patient and ride it out. His value is at an all-time low, so I likely won't get anything of note in a trade. Plus, he is still one of the few RBs out there that gets 80-90% of the touches. And, as has been noted in other threads, he has a few big games a year, and a few not so big. I'm sure this year will be no different. Besides, Jacksonville's offence wasn't exactly Top 10 last year, either, so this "inconsistency" shouldn't come as a shock.

And no, I don't think the signing of Trent Edwards will fix the situation, either.

Jags just signed QB Edwards. While he may not be the fix for the offense, he could be an improvement over Garrard and start to open things up for the offense. And as I've said in another MJD thread, who's going to take him? I'm not even sure a Sell Low would get you anything worth while.

"Open" things up for the offense? Ed Trentwards? Ummmm.... No. Not even close. The dude hasnt thrown a pass longer than 5 yards since he was drafted. Hes a focking hack. <_<

MJD will have a few good games but if you were planning on riding him to the SB title this year, yer focked.

I got to watch him play for the first time Sunday vs the Eagles.

I was not very impressed.

The line was not creating any holes, and MJD was almost always touched by the time he reached the line of scrimmage.

Worse, he looked slow and heavy. There was no burst, no broken tackles. One or two defenders would get their hands on him and he'd just go down.

But he'll be in my lineup this week.

I'm hoping better days are ahead.

:lol: Senator Trend Edwards is going to open up the offense??? :lol: I know Garrard is pretty bad, but this QB just got cut by the Bills...that's pretty telling.

My buddy was offered Fitz for MJD. What is everyones take? Complete wash? He has Welker and Wayne for Wr's and Beanie Wells,Bradshaw,Mcfadden as Rb's.

Does your buddy's name happen to be 'GoLions'?? :rolleyes:

I wish i was offered Mile Austin for MJD....i would accept ASAP!

i'm tired of the Jags (MJD and MSW).

I have Mendenhall, Mccoy and MJD. I need to start two and for some reason i'm thinking of sitting Mendenhall for MJD.

Is this a bad mistake??

:cry: Look, I know Edwards got cut by the Bills, I know he's not the silver bullet, but us MJD owners need to cling to something, right?! :cry:

I'm an MJD owner and got offered Miles Austin straight up for him today to give people an idea of what his "value" may be.

I'm really, really considering the trade because I hate the way JAX's offense is trending with Garrard. I hate that guy.

I'd jump all over that! No doubt in my mind Miles outscores MJD from here on out.

I got to watch him play for the first time Sunday vs the Eagles.

I was not very impressed.

The line was not creating any holes, and MJD was almost always touched by the time he reached the line of scrimmage.

Worse, he looked slow and heavy. There was no burst, no broken tackles. One or two defenders would get their hands on him and he'd just go down.

But he'll be in my lineup this week.

I'm hoping better days are ahead.

I watched the game too (Eagles fan and MJD owner here) and disagree with your take on MJD. He had a few good runs and dragged some defenders with him. He also didn't appear to be gimpy or slowed at all.

The problem is that Garrard is horrible, the wideouts are pedestrian and the OL can't block. Garrard was sacked 6 times and under constant pressure without even much blitzing. I don't think the Jags attempted more than 1 pass over 20 yards all game.

Until the Jags prove they can hurt you deep through the air, teams are going to do exactly what the Eagles did - they're going to stack the line and focus all their attention on MJD. Who else scares them? Mercedes Lewis? Mike Sims-Walker?

I'm holding onto MJD for now because he's still getting touches despite the awful situation around him and his stock right now is terrible. I had an owner offer me Fitzgerald for MJD and Gonzo - err, no. If that's the best I can expect I'll just hang onto MJD and accept the fact that most weeks he won't be worth much more than 80 total yards.

At least I've got DeAngelo Williams to pick up the slack. :doh:

I love the guy, but I'm worried. I just got offered a very interesting deal for him that I'm considering.

I love the guy but I'm worried.

Any help I can get on whether or not to do this deal will be greatly appreciated.

MJD Trade...Thanks!