PATSSOX

Randy Moss @ Miami this week.....

from CBS:

* Moss to sit out a little

The Tennessean reports that Titans WR Randy Moss will start

in Week 10 at Miami, but isn't likely to be on the field for

every snap.

Moss has been accused of taking plays off during his career,

so this news shouldn't reduce his Fantasy value too much.

Consider him a No. 2 Fantasy WR for this matchup against the

Dolphins, who can give up big games through the air on

occasion. It might take a couple of weeks to find out

exactly what value Moss will have going forward, so be

patient.

When Moss got traded to the Vikings earlier i was all fired up to play him vs the Jets. He had a good game and by far gave his best effort as a Viking. If he gave that same effort every game for Vikings im sure he would still be in Minnesota.

It was just reported that he will not play every down this weekend in his first game with Tenn. :unsure: What can we expect from the diva WR this week?? :dunno:

He no longer fits into the category of "never sit your studs" :nono:

I have a feeling that this is just the coaches setting the tone early.

You will play when we want you to...not the other way around. And you had better give 100% or you won't see the field.

I have a feeling that this is just the coaches setting the tone early.

You will play when we want you to...not the other way around. And you had better give 100% or you won't see the field.

Your probably right. If Fisher can keep Moss's sorry arse playing hard he will be productive. I still cant bring my self to sit his sorry butt down.

I am very curious to see what Vince Young does with the addition of atleast the threat of Moss. :unsure:

He's in a contract year and he just got fired from his previous team, so he has a lot to prove and is motivated. He will have a monster game! :rolleyes:

He's in a contract year and he just got fired from his previous team, so he has a lot to prove and is motivated. He will have a monster game!

LOL

He's in a contract year and he just got fired from his previous team, so he has a lot to prove and is motivated. He will have a monster game! :rolleyes:

I certainly hope you were being facetious.

Otherwise, what you're saying is that if Moss decides to finish the assigned pattern and/or performs a few downfield blocks over the next few weeks, other owners and GMs will assume that he's "turned the page" and is suddenly worth the millions that Moss expects. :blink:

I have had Moss on my teams many times through his whole career. I always loved the guy. After his recent action he makes me sick. I have him on 2 teams and no one would trade with me. I have to start his sorry ass. He better play for a change. As a Dolphin fan I don't want him to kill us though.l

If you drafted Moss in the 2nd round you're probably just tired of having him on your roster and ready to wash your hands of him. I traded Gonzo for him last week so Moss is at best a flex option (after Roddy White and Mike Wallace) on my roster, so I may as well start him. If I get lucky he catches a couple deep balls. If not, it's either him or Danny Woodhead vs. the Steelers so I'm not losing a whole lot. :cheers:

it's either him or Danny Woodhead vs. the Steelers so I'm not losing a whole lot.

Don't be so sure. New England won't be able to run straight up, making Woodhead on screens and draws all that more valuable.

I thought that when he went to Vikings.....and that didnt work so great :thumbsdown:

Randy Moss is listed as the starter opposite Nate Washington on the Titans' depth chart for Week 10.

Justin Gage is listed as Moss' backup. Coach Jeff Fisher hopes to have Moss ready to contribute against the Dolphins but said he "can't see him playing 60-70 snaps a game." That's a lot of snaps, so it doesn't mean Moss won't be very involved in Week 10. Feel free to play him unless you have significant depth at wide receiver.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1655

found this on Rotoworld they seem to think he will play enough to be worth a starting spot.

They've had two weeks to work with Moss now, so you know the playaction to Moss deep will be in the playbook and it will be called several times in the game. The Dolphins seem like a middle of the road pass defense, but they've been between deep before (Wallace - Steelers). I feel Moss has a lot of upside this game. If Nate Washington and Kenny Britt can get the ball deep, so can Moss!

They've had two weeks to work with Moss now, so you know the playaction to Moss deep will be in the playbook and it will be called several times in the game. The Dolphins seem like a middle of the road pass defense, but they've been between deep before (Wallace - Steelers). I feel Moss has a lot of upside this game. If Nate Washington and Kenny Britt can get the ball deep, so can Moss!

YUP and i grabbed Washington and stuck him on my bench just in case Moss makes him into fantasy stud like he did Welker and Harvin :unsure:

Im gonna play him this week and see what goes down. Have 4 weeks to figure it out till playoffs start.

Per rotoworld:

Vince Young (ankle, knee) was unable to practice on Wednesday.

Kerry Collins ran the Titans' first-team offense, throwing "plenty of passes" to Randy Moss (who also worked with the starters). Young has not practiced since late October, and is questionable to play in Week 10 against the Dolphins. The Titans will make a determination on V.Y.'s status later in the week, but he's aggravated his ankle injury on multiple occasions and won't be a legitimate fantasy option until he confirms he's back to 100 percent. Nov. 10 - 3:06 pm et

Vontae Davis has done well against Moss in the past. Moss will mostly be a decoy in this game. But the Titans have some pretty sweet matchups coming up.

Per rotoworld:

Vince Young (ankle, knee) was unable to practice on Wednesday.

Kerry Collins ran the Titans' first-team offense, throwing "plenty of passes" to Randy Moss (who also worked with the starters). Young has not practiced since late October, and is questionable to play in Week 10 against the Dolphins. The Titans will make a determination on V.Y.'s status later in the week, but he's aggravated his ankle injury on multiple occasions and won't be a legitimate fantasy option until he confirms he's back to 100 percent. Nov. 10 - 3:06 pm et

Moss could be better with Collins than he is with Vince.

Moss could be better with Collins than he is with Vince.

Yes i agree. Collins throws a great deep ball. Young has a cannon but not much control of that cannon.

With so much of the defensive attention on Chris Johnson, Moss should get some decent numbers.

8/105/2 :pointstosky: :headbanger:

Switch Chris Johnson and Moss and I'm on board.

With so much of the defensive attention on Chris Johnson, Moss should get some decent numbers.

So, AP wasn't distracting defenders? :dunno:

I have had Moss on my teams many times through his whole career. I always loved the guy. After his recent action he makes me sick. I have him on 2 teams and no one would trade with me. I have to start his sorry ass. He better play for a change. As a Dolphin fan I don't want him to kill us though.l

I would love to hear you expand on this. Was it that Moss got pissed off that Chilly didn't use any of his inside info on how to play the pats. Or was it that a coach who is basically made a decision on his own to kick off a player? Keep in mind that decision by the coach made the owner think long and hard about reversing it and firing the coach instead. Or was it the fact that his teamates were mad and wanted Randy back? I guess it could have been that PI call where it didn't appear like Moss gave his all. Although to go from loving a guy to being sick about him seems harsh for that incident.

Please don't bring up that catering BS because that has been beat to death as the ruse it was.

I think the fact that it is Moss' first game in Tenn and that they have had almost two weeks to prepare could bode well for a decent outing from Randy...I think Fisher is smart enough and has coached long enough to "get" that the best way to make Moss a relevant threat and a dangerous part of the offense is to get him the ball early. I foresee Moss catching 2 or 3 quick ones on the first drive...nothing deep, just a couple of ten yard patterns to get him in the flow of the offense---I think we will then see some more traditional Randy play calls, with one or two play action deep balls thrown his way. I predict 4-6 catches no matter what---worst case, 4-50 and maybe a short Td...best case, 6-110 and a long Td...With Tenn being in the playoff hunt, a coach that has the respect of players around the league and knows how to handle "superstars" and the knowledge that a happy Randy is a dangerous Randy all lead me to believe that Randy will have a decent/good first outing with the Titans---not necessarily the numbers he was drafted for, but definitely "startable" numbers from Randy this week.

Also, probably wishful thinking because I have to choose between him and Davone Bess this week :unsure: But, it makes sense to me on paper!!!!

I think the fact that it is Moss' first game in Tenn and that they have had almost two weeks to prepare could bode well for a decent outing from Randy...I think Fisher is smart enough and has coached long enough to "get" that the best way to make Moss a relevant threat and a dangerous part of the offense is to get him the ball early. I foresee Moss catching 2 or 3 quick ones on the first drive...nothing deep, just a couple of ten yard patterns to get him in the flow of the offense---I think we will then see some more traditional Randy play calls, with one or two play action deep balls thrown his way. I predict 4-6 catches no matter what---worst case, 4-50 and maybe a short Td...best case, 6-110 and a long Td...With Tenn being in the playoff hunt, a coach that has the respect of players around the league and knows how to handle "superstars" and the knowledge that a happy Randy is a dangerous Randy all lead me to believe that Randy will have a decent/good first outing with the Titans---not necessarily the numbers he was drafted for, but definitely "startable" numbers from Randy this week.

Also, probably wishful thinking because I have to choose between him and Davone Bess this week :unsure: But, it makes sense to me on paper!!!!

This is good analysis. :thumbsup: I don't own him but I like his upside even better if Collins gets the start.

Im not so sure Moss is capable of a 100 yard game anymore :unsure:

Ill say 4 catches 68 yards 1 TD :thumbsup: