Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

Carson Palmer - Worst QB ever?

Did anyone see the end of the game. This retard tries "clock" the ball after a completed pass when there is :15 seconds on the clock instead of using his last timeout. Then as they are trying to "clock" the ball, he realizes that it is wasting to much time, so then he decides to use the timeout. Only cost the team about 6 seconds.

Oh yeah, I don't have Palmer on my FF team, I just couldn't believe how focking dumb this guy is.

palmer and shaub have never done jackcrap but are considered great young quarterbacks! to this day i dont get it!! if that was romo or vince young they would get killed!!

Did anyone see the end of the game. This retard tries "clock" the ball after a completed pass when there is :15 seconds on the clock instead of using his last timeout. Then as they are trying to "clock" the ball, he realizes that it is wasting to much time, so then he decides to use the timeout. Only cost the team about 6 seconds.

Oh yeah, I don't have Palmer on my FF team, I just couldn't believe how focking dumb this guy is.

Some of the worst clock management I've ever seen. I thought Andy Reid was on the sidelines. :rolleyes:

palmer and shaub have never done jackcrap but are considered great young quarterbacks! to this day i dont get it!! if that was romo or vince young they would get killed!!

I don't know that anyone considers them "young"

Also, Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf are tied for worst QB ever.

He has thrown 6 LESS INT's than Peyton in the last 3 weeks. :dunno:

Again? I sure hope your standup doesn't follow this pattern.

Again? I sure hope your standup doesn't follow this pattern.

There are some Favrah jokes sprinkled in here and there. :unsure:

u can spin my comment anyway u want but palmer and shaub never get flack nationally and neither have done jack in their career!!

Palmer has been a shell of his former self since the knee injury. I think the Bengals need to finally accept that and move on at the QB position.

JeMarcus Russell.

stfu already

Palmer has been a shell of his former self since the knee injury. I think the Bengals need to finally accept that and move on at the QB position.

I think it was the elbow injury that is limiting him, not the knee.

u can spin my comment anyway u want but palmer and shaub never get flack nationally and neither have done jack in their career!!

Good Lord. Please go back to whatever football haven you came from. The Bengals suffered through Akili Smith, Klingler, and Gawd knows who else before Palmer directed them to a division title a few years ago. It's common knowledge that since Kimo rolled over on Palmer's leg in the 2006 playoffs, he hasn't been the same player.

The Texans have their best team ever under Schaub and any Texans fan will tell you he's light years ahead of David Carr. Remember, the Texans had back-to-back incredible losses against the Jets and Jags this year. Put those two games in the win column and things look quite a bit different for Houston.

I'm not a big fan of either Palmer or Schaub. I don't think either is a premier QB. But they are much better NFL QBs than a lot of guys that are currently starting.

To say neither has done jack in his career is the type of nonsense football comment I expect out of FlaHawker or Big Pete!@$%#!

Oh I don't think his knee is physically holding him back, I'm just saying that for whatever reason he never recovered his game after the knee injury. They say a lot of it is psychological, it just takes some time before you can think about something besides somebody maybe hitting that knee again...perhaps Palmer just never got over that psychological hurdle?

' date='06 December 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1291613206' post='4381643']

JeMarcus Russell.

stfu already

Who is "JeMarcus" Russell? There has never been a guy with that name in the NFL.

"I run the plays on the field and Marvin handles the timeouts. I just noticed it was taking a long time to get everybody set, so I went ahead and called that on my own."--Carson Palmer

:o

I don't know what's scarier - Palmer's inability to hit wide open receivers on the fly or the fact that he doesn't have the authority to call a time out when the game's on the line.

"I run the plays on the field and Marvin handles the timeouts. I just noticed it was taking a long time to get everybody set, so I went ahead and called that on my own."--Carson Palmer

:o

I don't know what's scarier - Palmer's inability to hit wide open receivers on the fly or the fact that he doesn't have the authority to call a time out when the game's on the line.

Damn, good point. That is scary.

I can't stand watching the Bengals. Palmer is a wimp and a poor leader. I've lost track of how many times he misses 85, then 85 looks back at him afterward as if to say "where was that going?" and Palmer allows 85's condescending attitude on the field all the time. Carson doesn't take charge of the team and he allows 85 and TO walk over him. It's annoying to watch how much of a cream puff Palmer is on the field. Guess it's to be expected by a guy named "Carson". :banana:

I can't stand watching the Bengals. Palmer is a wimp and a poor leader. I've lost track of how many times he misses 85, then 85 looks back at him afterward as if to say "where was that going?" and Palmer allows 85's condescending attitude on the field all the time. Carson doesn't take charge of the team and he allows 85 and TO walk over him. It's annoying to watch how much of a cream puff Palmer is on the field. Guess it's to be expected by a guy named "Carson". :banana:

He needs to be traded to AZ asap. It seems to be more of his "cup of tea".

Some of the worst clock management I've ever seen. I thought Andy Reid was on the sidelines. :rolleyes:

Obviously you've never seen Art Shell manage a game clock. :music_guitarred:

Respectfully, the main difference in performances is the effect of the Cincinnati offensive line. Along with Shaun Alexander, I rode Palmer to a championship in 2005. He was lights out that season, in fact he had completed a 65 yard bomb to Och on the play where he got cheap-shotted. But the overlooked fact is the Bengal offensive line that season was a mother to go up against. They were downright nasty.

Respectfully, the main difference in performances is the effect of the Cincinnati offensive line. Along with Shaun Alexander, I rode Palmer to a championship in 2005. He was lights out that season, in fact he had completed a 65 yard bomb to Och Henry on the play where he got cheap-shotted. But the overlooked fact is the Bengal offensive line that season was a mother to go up against. They were downright nasty.

Fixored.

But also true, the Bengals could pass block that year. Pass blocking has been less than stellar to say the least since then. Last year, at least they could run block, but now they're just atrocious in every facet. They can't run block, pass block, rush the passer or stop the run.

These are keys to winning football games. Palmer will be 50 years old by the time the Bengals figure this out, so they might as well trade him now for a few draft picks. The alternative is Palmer retiring at age 34 due to injuries and "old age" and the Bengals getting nothing for him.

Respectfully, the main difference in performances is the effect of the Cincinnati offensive line. Along with Shaun Alexander, I rode Palmer to a championship in 2005. He was lights out that season, in fact he had completed a 65 yard bomb to Och on the play where he got cheap-shotted. But the overlooked fact is the Bengal offensive line that season was a mother to go up against. They were downright nasty.

That pass was to Chris Henry..but I agree with your point. While Palmer has struggled, it's nowhere near all his fault. The entire offensive line has turned over, including both tackles at the same time. You've got Ocho running any route he deems correct, dropping balls along the way. This year, he's playing with 3 brand new WRs..Ocho being the only hold over. And the big one that doesn't get enough mention...the Bengals have arguably one of the worst offensive coordinators in the league. The play calling is remedial at best, and they continue to try to pound the ball against the likes of the Steelers and Ravens with no offensive line.

Fixored.

But also true, the Bengals could pass block that year. Pass blocking has been less than stellar to say the least since then. Last year, at least they could run block, but now they're just atrocious in every facet. They can't run block, pass block, rush the passer or stop the run.

These are keys to winning football games. Palmer will be 50 years old by the time the Bengals figure this out, so they might as well trade him now for a few draft picks. The alternative is Palmer retiring at age 34 due to injuries and "old age" and the Bengals getting nothing for him.

I hope they trade him and he lights it up ala Kurt Warner.

I hope they trade him and he lights it up ala Kurt Warner.

I do too. I like the guy, and I think he can do much better in a different system.

This system clearly ain't it.