xxx

Roddy White

Not what you want to see from your starring wr heading into the play offs :(

last 3 games

@STL: 9rec, 83 yds, 0tds

vs gb: 5 rec, 49 yds, 0 tds

today: 5rec, 46yds, 0 tds

9 for 83 is fine.

He had a mediocre game probably matched up mostly against Woodson.

This game is not over yet.

Can you name 10 receivers you'd rather have?

I'm not concerned at all.

9 for 83 is fine.

He had a mediocre game probably matched up mostly against Woodson.

This game is not over yet.

Can you name 10 receivers you'd rather have?

I'm not concerned at all.

I have to ask, what the fock are you talking about? You may be talking about a different player, as White had 7 for 74 today and I'm fairly certain that there is no Woodson on TB.

I've noticed that too, but what's your point? Is there any scenario where you bench him? :dunno:

I have to ask, what the fock are you talking about? You may be talking about a different player, as White had 7 for 74 today and I'm fairly certain that there is no Woodson on TB.

I was commenting on the first post in this thread. :huh:

I was commenting on the first post in this thread. :huh:

Ha, alright my bad. I thought you were talking about today. :D

Yes, he like the rest of my team have all the sudden become allergic to the endzone. Charles, CJ, White, AJ, DJAX... Another week without a single TD from this group, unbelievable. :wall:

my point is that he is the cornerstone of my team. unlike everyone else here, who is in 1st place by a mile, i'm fighting for my playoff life. i need him to score. im not gonna cut him, i dont know 10 recievers i'd rather have or any other silly responses to my OP. i just was commenting on his lack of production of late(for him). hth.

he's a must start every week. trust me i feel your pain, i have him in one of me leagues as well. he has been a little dinged up too, but stick with him, he's do for a monster game, and what better time than the playoffs.

Yes, I am concerned.

For a while there he either logged 100 yards or a TD every game.

His stats are falling short lately, but sure as hell, he'll light it back up if I bench him.

Should I cut Brandon Lloyd after this past game, or Peyton Hillis? I think people need to relax. 74 yards isn't anything to sneeze at. Nobody is going to get 100+ and a TD every week. He'll be fine.

his targets are out of this world. The numbers are absurd! He might have more than twice as many targets as the next 2 top players combined! Production for WRs always has high variance, so you can't expect 100 and a touch every game. Not unless you're talking about Marvin Harrison or one of the WRs from the year Brady threw 50. Must start, and he will blow up with a 150 and 2 game one of these playoff weeks...

It's a legit post and legit concern, for me anyway. He and CJ2K are slumping at the wrong time for my team. Last 3 weeks in my league; RW = 8 pts; CJ2K = 9 pts. they used to be no-brainers, but I have great depth so now I'm starting to wonder. Glad I have the BYE next week.

I really don't know what you guys expect out of a WR. A TD every week? That's not gonna happen. Heck MJD only has 4 freaking tds on the year.

I just checked in my non ppr league and with 74 yards Roddy White was still a top 20 WR this week, around 17th overall.

He did bang his knee against Baltimore, so that might account for the "dropoff" the last 3 weeks. Still, if posting 7-8 points in 2 out of 3 weeks is a dropoff, doesn't that just cement the guy as a stud? 7-8 points is a nice "off" game.

The only guys who've been catching TDs every week....Dwayne Bowe and Calvin Johnson. And Dwayne Bowe is feast or famine and doesn't belong in the same conversation as Roddy White.

If you need Roddy White to explode every week to win.....if you need anyone to explode every week to win....you're in trouble.

I really don't know what you guys expect out of a WR. A TD every week? That's not gonna happen. Heck MJD only has 4 freaking tds on the year.

I just checked in my non ppr league and with 74 yards Roddy White was still a top 20 WR this week, around 17th overall.

When you can play 2 flex spots and have multiple other options and will be one and done if you lose, it matters if a guy is just producing average pts. HTH

He did bang his knee against Baltimore, so that might account for the "dropoff" the last 3 weeks. Still, if posting 7-8 points in 2 out of 3 weeks is a dropoff, doesn't that just cement the guy as a stud? 7-8 points is a nice "off" game.

The only guys who've been catching TDs every week....Dwayne Bowe and Calvin Johnson. And Dwayne Bowe is feast or famine and doesn't belong in the same conversation as Roddy White.

If you need Roddy White to explode every week to win.....if you need anyone to explode every week to win....you're in trouble.

In my league, the numbers I put up for the last 3 weeks were total, not per week. HTH

When you can play 2 flex spots and have multiple other options and will be one and done if you lose, it matters if a guy is just producing average pts. HTH

then bench him!

It's a legit post and legit concern, for me anyway. He and CJ2K are slumping at the wrong time for my team. Last 3 weeks in my league; RW = 8 pts; CJ2K = 9 pts. they used to be no-brainers, but I have great depth so now I'm starting to wonder. Glad I have the BYE next week.

You should've drafted better in the middle and late rounds then... :P

I'm just focking with ya. The draft is all luck anyway.

One big game this week, then he's back at the top of the rankings and everyone loves him again. This is ridiculous. All WR's have their ups/downs. Other than maybe Randy Moss in 2007, all WR's can't have 100 and a td+ every week. Relax.

I just might, thanks. All I'm saying is the OP raises a legit concern...at least for me.

I made the mistake of benching him against Baltimore. Figured with the Ravens defense and his banged up knee he'd have an off week. Won't do that again.

One big game this week, then he's back at the top of the rankings and everyone loves him again. This is ridiculous. All WR's have their ups/downs. Other than maybe Randy Moss in 2007, all WR's can't have 100 and a td+ every week. Relax.

exactly. Only thing you need to look at for WRs is targets. Roddy is in a league of his own in that arena. He's getting monster targets, they have a good if not great qb, and have a solid running game keeping teams honest. This is a non issue. ALL WRs are inconsistent in their production over the course of a season. Check hotlanta's schedule, they've got carolina coming up TWICE!

Check out wayne. He's been disapponiting all year. WOuld you bench him unless you're super deep at WR? HE just had his GRESTEST game of his HOF career this week. Now look at ROddy, who gets probably twice as many targets. End of story...

exactly. Only thing you need to look at for WRs is targets. Roddy is in a league of his own in that arena. He's getting monster targets, they have a good if not great qb, and have a solid running game keeping teams honest. This is a non issue. ALL WRs are inconsistent in their production over the course of a season. Check hotlanta's schedule, they've got carolina coming up TWICE!

Check out wayne. He's been disapponiting all year. WOuld you bench him unless you're super deep at WR? HE just had his GRESTEST game of his HOF career this week. Now look at ROddy, who gets probably twice as many targets. End of story...

Carolina isn't exactly a pushover D against the pass. In fact, through week 12 they were #3 against WRs.

Carolina isn't exactly a pushover D against the pass. In fact, through week 12 they were #3 against WRs.

true indeed. Just realized that the 2nd carolina game is week 17 anyways, should be a moot point for most leagues. They've got at carolina, at seattle and NO at home next 3 weeks. Anyone have the balls to sit him go for it. Outside of having megatron or bowe or andre johnson sitting on your bench, this can't be happening. Hence this discussion is kind of a moot point TBH.

In this case could they look pretty good against the pass and WR's because they're so bad against the run? And could the fact that they trail in almost every game have something to do with it?

In this case could they look pretty good against the pass and WR's because they're so bad against the run? And could the fact that they trail in almost every game have something to do with it?

Doesn't matter why, just that it is. NO is no pushover for WRs, either.

they're definitely not an elite pass D. The numbers are dictated by what you've exactly stated. Terrible against the run and always playing from far behind. However, that plays right into Atlanta's hands. They have a strong run game that they're not afraid to leverage, and they can/will get ahead of carolina in quick manner. I still think Roddy goes off next week. Even if they take big lead and just run all 2nd half...