Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Mendenhall vs JETS..

What is everyone going to do with Mendenhall this week vs the Jets? If you have a good option on the bench are you going to bench him? :dunno:

The JETS are #2 vs RB in points allowed at 12.8 ppg. The JETS defense has struggled a little bit in the last few weeks but still has been solid vs the run. When you look at what Mendenhall has done this year vs good run defenses its not pretty. Plus you have Redman and Moore playing more and more snaps.

Week 4 vs Baltimore(#6 vs RBs)-25 carries 79 yards 2 TDs=19 pts

week 7 @ Miami(#7 vs RBs)-15 carries 37 yards=3 pts

week 10 vs NE(only #21 vs RB)-11 carries 50 yards=5 pts

week 13 @ Baltimore(#6 vs RBs)-19 carries 45 yards=5 pts

week 14 vs Cincy(#15 vs RBs)-18 carries 66 yards=6 pts

Other than week 4 vs Baltimore the only other time he did some real damage vs a real good defense was in week 1 vs Atlanta(#4 vs RBs) when he had 22 carries 120 yards and TD=20 pts

Ive got Stewart on the bench who has a very tasty matchup vs Arizona this week. Arizona is dead last vs RBs this year giving up 25.5 pts per game to RBs. I still dont trust Stewart but has been pretty dam good in last 2 weeks with 225 yards over the 2 games.

Mendenhall meet the :bench: who is with me?

I'm pretty much done with this guy. Since Roethlisberger has come back, he's had 1, 100 yard game. He had 3 in the first 4 games. Not sure why, as I fully expected him to be even better with a pass threat in the backfield. I know their line is banged up, but he has killed me recently. I am probably going to pair up Jacobs and Bradshaw this week and put Mendy's ass on the bench.

I think I am with you, but I don't have any quality replacements though. If I had Stewart, I would replace Mendy with him in a second. My options are Tolbert (who I am leaning towards), Ivory (who pulled up lame last week), and Choice (who didn't get the carries last week that he got in the previous week). I like Choice going against the Skins, but I don't trust him. Even Tolbert split carries with Matthews last week, but he still got his, and may be the safer play of the three. I haven't made up my mind yet, and may just say WTH, and go with Mendy anyway. :dunno:

I am thinking of starting Blount over him.

Me too. I have Tolbert as well. Haven't decided which way to go yet.

Mendy 1 yard gain

Mendy 3 yard gain

Mendy stuffed for no gain

Mendy stuff again for no gain

Mendy 2 yard gain

Mendy -3 yard gain

Mendy 6 yard gain

Mendy 2 yard reception

Mendy 4 yard gain

Mendy 4 yard gain

Mendy 1 yard gain

Mendy 7 yard gain

Mendy 0 yard gain

Mendy 1 yard gain

Mendy breaks a long one for 10 yard to finish off the game

man I don't want to play him this weekend. I do have Jahvid Best on the bench :doh:

Mendy 1 yard gain

Mendy 3 yard gain

Mendy stuffed for no gain

Mendy stuff again for no gain

Mendy 2 yard gain

Mendy -3 yard gain

Mendy 6 yard gain

Mendy 2 yard reception

Mendy 4 yard gain

Mendy 4 yard gain

Mendy 1 yard gain

Mendy 7 yard gain

Mendy 0 yard gain

Mendy 1 yard gain

Mendy breaks a long one for 10 yard to finish off the game

man I don't want to play him this weekend. I do have Jahvid Best on the bench :doh:

I didnt think he had that many positive runs :unsure: That game was on TV here and i watched as much i could take before i got pissed off and turned it back to Falcons. It seems every run is for no gain right into a wall.

I think I am with you, but I don't have any quality replacements though. If I had Stewart, I would replace Mendy with him in a second. My options are Tolbert (who I am leaning towards), Ivory (who pulled up lame last week), and Choice (who didn't get the carries last week that he got in the previous week). I like Choice going against the Skins, but I don't trust him. Even Tolbert split carries with Matthews last week, but he still got his, and may be the safer play of the three. I haven't made up my mind yet, and may just say WTH, and go with Mendy anyway. :dunno:

I played Choice in one league last week :doh: The Saints backfield is going to be a mess again im affraid. Im gonna say Pierre is the one to have now :thumbsup:

still rolling with mendy this week...i think he's in line for about 70-80 total yards and a td

steelers do not have a quick strike passing game to spread out the jets like the pats do. a lot of their stuff is deep drops and big ben extending the play. for them to get a W this week mendy needs to have a solid effort

I think Mendy can be a great back, but I am beginning to see he needs some better RB coaching. If you watch him, he has no patience at all. He runs full blast to the line; and when confronted with defenders, he likes to try and juke too much instead of lowering his shoulders and plowing forward. He has some break-away ability in him, but he thinks he can break anything.

From a fantasy stand-point, he will meet my :bench: this week.

I will never draft Mendenhall again. Too inconsistent, plus he doesn't catch many passes.

I will never draft Mendenhall again. Too inconsistent, plus he doesn't catch many passes.

I traded for him this year and he has had a couple good games but other then that he has sucked. Ill avoid him next year, if there is a next year, unless he is still left when he is too good of a value not to pick.

On the topic of sitting someone. Did you guys see the forecast for Mondays Bears @ Vikings game :shocking: They will not be playing inside the dome and will more than likely play in University of Minnesota's stadium.

Dec 20 Monday

Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 20s and lows in the mid single digits.

Last night on sportscenter they said the high was 0 degrees with a low of -18 :shocking:

Probably not a good idea to start Rice but i am probably going to anyway. Last week Travis looked like absolute horse crap and reminded us all why they begged Favre to come back.

My only other option would be to start Forte against a Vikings defense that just got torn apart by Jacobs and Bradshaw....Its PPR and im really close to starting Forte instead

I'm rolling with J Stew and I'm a Steelers fan. The Pitt O has looked blech lately and I expect a so-so game out of Mendy at best. J Stew at least has upside and a half way intact o-line. Running Hillis and Stew and praying one of them can sniff the endzone.

Of corse my WR can't find the endzone either. Been running Wallace,Austin and Stevie "God hates me" Johnson. Thinking of sticking VJAX in and praying some more.

bench all steelers. That game is going to be 9-6ish...

Starting freeman over Big ben with zero reservations...

this is what I am doing ! Mendenhall has gone SOUTH lately ! :shocking:

Yep and Redman and moore are seeing more and more playing time

My only other option would be to start Forte against a Vikings defense that just got torn apart by Jacobs and Bradshaw....Its PPR and im really close to starting Forte instead

Id start Forte over him especially in a PPR :thumbsup: The game maybe ugly on Monday night with how cold its gonna be.

Id start Forte over him especially in a PPR :thumbsup: The game maybe ugly on Monday night with how cold its gonna be.

Yep thats what im gonna do...Im also playing Winslow over Gates as i just dont trust Gates anymore, and thinking about starting Arizona D....Its a crazy week

Yep thats what im gonna do...Im also playing Winslow over Gates as i just dont trust Gates anymore, and thinking about starting Arizona D....Its a crazy week

Hell Gates might be done for the year. But if he happens to play no way id start Winslow over him but chances are he is done.

Mendenhall game by game break down-

Fantasy Points Breakdown

Wk Date Opp Att Yds TD Fum Pts

1 09/12/10 ATL 22 120 1 0 20.5

2 09/19/10 @TEN 23 69 0 0 7.2

3 09/26/10 @TB 19 143 1 0 21.3

4 10/03/10 BAL 25 79 2 0 20.8

5 BYE - - - - - -

6 10/17/10 CLE 27 84 1 0 15.9

7 10/24/10 @MIA 15 37 0 0 4.3

8 10/31/10 @NO 15 71 1 0 14.5

9 11/08/10 @CIN 22 99 1 0 19

10 11/14/10 NE 11 50 0 0 5.5

11 11/21/10 OAK 23 59 1 1 9.9

12 11/28/10 @BUF 36 151 1 1 20.1

13 12/05/10 @BAL 19 45 0 0 6.3

14 12/12/10 CIN 18 66 0 0 7.5

15 12/19/10 4:15pm NYJ - - - - - on my bench

16 12/23/10 8:20pm CAR - - - - - CHAMPIONSHIP WK MATCHUP NICE

17 01/02/11 1:00pm @CLE - - - - -

If us Mendenhall owners can make it to championship game he should have a very good matchup vs Carolina in week 16 :thumbsup:

I picked up Hightower to start in place of Mendy.

Considering the CAR D, AZ's lack of a passing game and the weather, I suspect (at least very hopeful) Hightower will get at least 18 touches, 100 yds / td.

Considering Mendys trend of subpar numbers, a lackluster performance vs a weak Cincy run D and this weeks stout NYJ D...his trend will continue at least for this week.

For much of the season he was solid. Who is consistent other than Arian Foster?

I was able to pick up Ronnie Brown who was dropped last week. He's getting about 15 carries a game, and against the Bills this week, he could do something. On paper, I like Brown's matchup compared to Mendy's. I'm also a Rodgers owner and picked up Kerry Collins, so it looks like I will be starting Collins and Brown. Not exactly the "studs" I envisioned for my playoff run. :headbanger:

I'm pretty torn between Mendy and Green Ellis for NE. What I don't like is Pitt is using this Redman guy along with Moore which are eating into Mendenhall's touches.

I'm going to roll with either Stewart or hightower. Mendenhall just doesn't have the high ceiling this week. Now of course having said that, this will be his highest fantasy performance of the season ......

I'm fairly loaded at RB and am tired of Mendenhall and his 8 freaking points every week. I grabbed Stewart off WW and am definitely starting him ahead of Mendenhall. I'll probably start either Fred Jackson or Bradshaw over Mendenhall at Flex. Even as a Steelers fan, I'm done with Rashard.

You know all of us starting Stewart over Mendenhall are gonna get screwed right? :doh:

Like last weeks matchup for Hillis vs Buffalo where he should have had 200 yards and 8 TDs but barely got 10 pts. Stewart vs the Cardinals AWFUL run defense is a set up :ninja:

I am thinking about Benching Mendenhall for Tolbert tonight. I have Green-Ellis as my other RB.

I am also thinking about benching Fitzgerald and plugging Woodhead into WR since he is eligible.

I am thinking about Benching Mendenhall for Tolbert tonight. I have Green-Ellis as my other RB.

I am also thinking about benching Fitzgerald and plugging Woodhead into WR since he is eligible.

Now that i dont think id do. Last week Tolbert and Mathews alternated series. :thumbsdown:

Now that i dont think id do. Last week Tolbert and Mathews alternated series. :thumbsdown:

True, but Tolbert gets the goal line and the catches. I'm torn

True, but Tolbert gets the goal line and the catches. I'm torn

Id still role with Mendy over a 50/50 time share :unsure:

Id still role with Mendy over a 50/50 time share :unsure:

Pittsburgh's offense has SUCKED for 2 weeks now against inferior defenses. What's going to happen against a Jets time that is fighting for their playoff life right now? I'm benching him, I'll roll with a WR over him at this point if I have to.

Only players I have that I can put in our...

Larry Fitz and Sidney Rice...

any thoughts?

I think Mendehall will at least get 6 points... may 40 or 50 running and another 10 to 20 receiving... with an upside of a TD

He should be more involved in the passing game this week...

It's a tough call...

Is Mendy a big SIT with T-Pal out on Pit-D?

I am askeerd about Pit D without T-Pal... Less chances for the Pitt offense???

I wouldnt think so. Hell JETS are still awful on offense right now. Dont see them breaking out vs Pitt either

I wouldnt think so. Hell JETS are still awful on offense right now. Dont see them breaking out vs Pitt either

Im still leaning at starting Mendy over Forte in a PPR league, i know its gonna bite me in the ass

Benching him...just don't know who I will play in his PPR place yet.

Blount, Hightower, Jacobs, Fjax

2 of those will start over Mendy