Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

Packers 34, Bears 3

I just wanted to say that I am super impressed with the Packers and Rogers. I mean when you can go out there in week 17 and score DOUBLE DIGITS against a team with nothing to play for, that means you are a team to be scared of.

I know that Tom Brady and Mark Sanchez torched the Bears Defense, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be less impressed with Rodgers putting up huge numbers like......10 points. I mean TEN!!! That is one more than 9.

Some people may argue that Rodgers needed "phantom" roughing he passer calls to succeed, but that is not fair. I mean look at the replay. Peppers clearly made the cheap mistake of bumping his shoulder into Rodger's shoulder. Doesn't he know that that might result in Rodgers falling to the ground and bumping his head and missing a game because he got a little owwie?

:music_guitarred:

You forgot to mention Brady and Sanchez traveling to Soldier Field and doing it, while Rodgers put on that tremendous offensive show on his home field. Where the Packers won't be playing again until September.

Didn't the Packers nearly beat your boys with Matt Flynn under center?

Yeah, time to quiet down a bit there chief.

"nearly beat"? Is this what we are hanging out hat on now-a-days?

I am willing to bet Flynn would have score 13 against the Bears.

C-

Don't try to be donhaas, because you just can't do it... It just doesn't work

Instead, be the best redtodd you can be!!! :cheers:

C- is a very reasonable grade for Rodgers. I totally agree. :cheers:

You forgot to mention Brady and Sanchez traveling to Soldier Field and doing it, while Rodgers put on that tremendous offensive show on his home field. Where the Packers won't be playing again until September.

Rodgers had a better game at Chicago than he had this past Sunday.

I've reviewed all of the exidence forwarded in this and other threads and will conclude the debate with the following summary:

The pack, with their season on the line, at home, with an alleged MVP qb, against a division rival - a team that had little motivation to win or play, came within one play of losing.

Congrats on the back door sneak in and winning a puncher's chance at a playoff run.

:cheers:

I've reviewed all of the exidence forwarded in this and other threads and will conclude the debate with the following summary:

The pack, with their season on the line, at home, with an alleged MVP qb, against a division rival - a team that had little motivation to win or play, came within one play of losing.

Congrats on the back door sneak in and winning a puncher's chance at a playoff run.

Within one play of losing?

How so?

You are doing better at your donhass like fishing though.

Within one play of losing?

How so?

You are doing better at your donhass like fishing though.

The 2nd long pass to Jennings to the 1

Either of Cutler's INts

If any one of these plays did not occur, the pack loses 9-3

But, a win is a win.

"nearly beat"? Is this what we are hanging out hat on now-a-days?

Nobody's hanging their hat on anything.... The Packers nearly beat supposedly the best sprinter in the land running with a broken leg.... Those are just facts :dunno:

And you're making fun or Rodgers' performance against the Bears? He threw for 70 more yards than Brady did against the Pack :pointstosky:

I thinked we've rehashed Captain Hairplugs sh1tty game at home against the Packers plenty of times already.... but if you want me to break it down again -- how Dilfer Jr. only tried to throw the ball downfield to his WRs twice all day long and should have been easily picked off both times -- I can do that for you...

I guess they are trying to get Brady to enter the NFL Quarterbacks Challenge for Charity after the season but supposedly he will only do it if he can bring a tight end along to throw to.... It's just too awkward for him to throw to a wide receiver :pointstosky:

Either of Cutler's INts

But, a win is a win.

Harland Williams' first INT was set up by an INT (and return) that should have never happened... one that the NFL expert on the broadcast (and all people with eyes, for that matter) said was incomplete....

Schaumburg refs :thumbsdown:

Harland Williams' first INT was set up by an INT (and return) that should have never happened... one that the NFL expert on the broadcast (and all people with eyes, for that matter) said was incomplete....

Schaumburg refs :thumbsdown:

Perrera is old and is no longer a ref for a reason. Tillman's hands were under the ball and it never touched the ground. An awesome play by him.

He also drinks while performing his new job from his living room couch and is originally from Sheboygan.

:thumbsup:

And you're making fun or Rodgers' performance against the Bears? He threw for 70 more yards than Brady did against the Pack :pointstosky:

Let's try comparing apples to apples.

How did Brady do against the Bears THE SAME EXACT DEFENSE? Also, please take into consideration:

- On the Road

- in a snow storm.

I'll hang up and listen (though I am sure you will defend yourself with some sort of hair comment). :Mr-T:

Either of Cutler's INts

But, a win is a win.

How is it 9-3?

If the last INT does not happen and the Bears score...its 9-10. You then need another play to tie or win. Massive fail on your part.

If the 2nd long pass to Jennings to the 1 does not happen...its 3-3. Thats a tie, not a win.

They were not within one play of losing.

Nice try.

Let's try comparing apples to apples.

How did Brady do against the Bears THE SAME EXACT DEFENSE? Also, please take into consideration:

- On the Road

- in a snow storm.

I'll hang up and listen (though I am sure you will defend yourself with some sort of hair comment). :Mr-T:

Snow snorm favors Brady incredibly because his favorite throw is the four-yard pass to Welker, the defender slips, and Welker runs for 80 yards....

Look... Brady sucked against the Packers D -- whom knowledgable Bears fans have told me numerous times is far worse than their own D.... So, I'm actually giving you a break...

He was totally outplayed by a QB making his first-ever NFL start on the road...

160 total yards; afraid to throw the ball down the field, 3 and out after 3 and out and when it came down to the crucial time..... to ice the game against a depleted Green Bay Defense (5 starters on IR AND pro-bowlers Jenkins and Collins out)... he went 3 and out and gave the ball back to Flynn...

Brady was frustrated.... he was literally pulling his hair(plugs) out!

Thank God for special teams and defense and/or Rodgers wasn't playing or that game would have been ugly :overhead:

Thank God for special teams and defense and/or Rodgers wasn't playing or that game would have been ugly :overhead:

Why would Rodgers have played any better? We say Flynn outplay Rodgers against the Lions in the same game. :clap:

Maybe you are thinking that the refs would have protected Rodgers better and called a few Roughing the Passer penalties anytime someone made Rodgers fall and bang his head on the grass to keep drives alive. Last week showed that a hand to the shoulder is a little too rough for soft-skull Rodgers. B)

But hey, you guys "almost" won. Maybe Goodell will give you guys the "almost won" trophy at the end of the year. :first:

Either of Cutler's INts

But, a win is a win.

:lol: And multiple drops by the WRs and calls on Bulaga. Backpedaling like Swampy when you fools say an unmotivated team. So why'd you play starters the whole game? Is your coach that dumb?

Bears needed 18 penalties on the Packers and a fumble on the Packers game winning drive to win by 3 at chicago. :lol:

Why would Rodgers have played any better? We say Flynn outplay Rodgers against the Lions in the same game. :clap:

Maybe you are thinking that the refs would have protected Rodgers better and called a few Roughing the Passer penalties anytime someone made Rodgers fall and bang his head on the grass to keep drives alive. Last week showed that a hand to the shoulder is a little too rough for soft-skull Rodgers. B)

But hey, you guys "almost" won. Maybe Goodell will give you guys the "almost won" trophy at the end of the year. :first:

If I might get serious for a moment, Todd-ster

I enjoy the back and forth with you on these threads, but the one big downside of you trolling all of these Packer threads is that sometimes I say some not-so-nice things about Tom Brady.... and that makes me feel bad... because I like Brady!

Here is a guy with a 6th round arm and zero mobility just making playz to his tight ends and running backs... Just game managing like a mofo! But it's not his play on the field that I like so much... It's that he's a good guy off the field... How many QBs in the league would go through the tedious process of getting hairplugs done just to satisfy his 95 percent latent homosexual Massachusetts fanbase? He knows that Boston men won't like him as much or be able to root for him as hard if he looks more like George Constanza than Fabio.. How is the New England male population supposed to fantasize and dream about him every night if he looks like Captain Stubing??? And Brady's commitment to family is unmatched. He is a good man. Some guys find it hard to start one family... Brady is starting families with multiple women... He's like a younger, white Shawn Kemp...

I feel sad that your hostile actions have made me besmirch such a fine man....

I hope we can turn over a new leaf in the new year

If I might get serious for a moment, Todd-ster

I enjoy the back and forth with you on these threads, but the one big downside of you trolling all of these Packer threads is that sometimes I say some not-so-nice things about Tom Brady.... and that makes me feel bad... because I like Brady!

Here is a guy with a 6th round arm and zero mobility just making playz to his tight ends and running backs... Just game managing like a mofo! But it's not his play on the field that I like so much... It's that he's a good guy off the field... How many QBs in the league would go through the tedious process of getting hairplugs done just to satisfy his 95 percent latent homosexual Massachusetts fanbase? He knows that Boston men won't like him as much or be able to root for him as hard if he looks more like George Constanza than Fabio.. How is the New England male population supposed to fantasize and dream about him every night if he looks like Captain Stubing??? And Brady's commitment to family is unmatched. He is a good man. Some guys find it hard to start one family... Brady is starting families with multiple women... He's like a younger, white Shawn Kemp...

I feel sad that your hostile actions have made me besmirch such a fine man....

I hope we can turn over a new leaf in the new year

Am I supposed to care about his hair? The only people I hear comment about his hair are women and you. He could have a faggoty fro-hawk and yell out "I wish I could quit you" in the huddle and I wouldn't care. Just play football like the best QB in football and I am happy.

Now, if he was getting hurt from minor shoves or being out played by a 7th rounder I would be upset. But hey, at least your guy has normal hair. He's got that going for him.....I guess. :dunno:

Bears needed 18 penalties on the Packers and a fumble on the Packers game winning drive to win by 3 at chicago.

The Packers needed 18 penalties to stop Peppers from killing Rodgers, if I recall correctly.

Rodgers had a better game at Chicago than he had this past Sunday.

:thumbsup: I guess it's fortunate that the Packers lost the division weeks ago and backed into the 6 seed.

:thumbsup: I guess it's fortunate that the Packers lost the division weeks ago and backed into the 6 seed.

Winning back to back games is now "backing in" to the playoffs?

Winning back to back games is now "backing in" to the playoffs?

The Packers lost a whole bunch of games when they were just practicing stuff.... playing vanilla offense and defense most of the season and baiting other teams so they could learn their plays and capitalize on it later :pointstosky:

They could have been 14-2 if they would have tried...

The Bears fans on FBG make the Bears fans here look like geniuses...... quite the feat! :banana:

bump.

bookmark my commments. go for it. i'm willing to put it out there. and if they don't do it i won't whine like a little pvssy and make excuses like don and the cheeseheads do.

as of today, he's tied with both cutler and rodgers for career playoff wins...and probably will still be come the start of the 2011 season. your angst is misdirected. perhaps you should be more pissed at rodgers and why he can't win in the playoffs? :dunno:

and there's still a great chance rodgers doesn't see his first playoff win before stafford.

shouldn't you both wait until either cutler or rodgers has actually won a playoff game before arguing about statue sizes and all that stuff? :music_guitarred:

now: settle down, children, or we'll turn this car around right now.

Enjoy your offseason chump.

I don't think we'll be seeing Disappear Dog for awhile :overhead:

He's not good at taking his medicine

Sometimes it takes a few days to tuck in his 35-year-old son :banana:

The Packers lost a whole bunch of games when they were just practicing stuff.... playing vanilla offense and defense most of the season and baiting other teams so they could learn their plays and capitalize on it later :pointstosky:

They could have been 14-2 if they would have tried...

The Bears fans on FBG make the Bears fans here look like geniuses...... quite the feat! :banana:

And the Bears were only 27 dropped passes, 5 injuries, 47 false starts, 32 holding penalties, 15 pass interference calls, 6 roughing the passers, and 12 dropped interceptions from going 16-0 while winning all games by double digits. I know you Green Bay fans keep score on this stuff.

I'd say the Packers fans at FBG weren't as big of crybabies. But over there they spend half the day bickering about a QB that abandoned you what seems like a decade ago, and the other half crying about penalties, injuries, and/or coaching.

I haven't seen a new topic started with predictions for Sunday's game but I figured it was a safe bet that donhaas predicts Packers 34, Bears 3.....

I'm still trying to figure out where the Bears are going to find 3 points, but I'll go with it for now. Packers 34, Bears 3...

Lambeau South here we come! Bears fans booing Jay Cutler by the 3rd quarter, Packer fans yelling "Go Pack Go" by the 4th quarter!!