Sign in to follow this  
Blue Barbarian

Preferred QB TDpass scoring 4 or 6

TD pass 4 or 6 points  

38 members have voted

1. 1. 4 or 6 points TD pass

Looking for a consensus of the preferred Touchdown Pass scoring. Our league has always been 6. Naturally, QB is the highest scoring position on each team most weeks. Over a season high QB is worth about 200 points more than highest RB most years. Wondering if this is about standard or if 4 point toucndown passes woul even it up a bit more. Or, should it be evened up since QB is team leader in the real world.

Appreciate your opinions on this subject. :)

Our leagues have always had positionally balanced scoring, and 4pts for a PaTD is part of that. We even have a special formula to enhance Tight Ends, such that their big games match the other positions, and more points for D/ST's.

Makes Drafting much more interesting - and scoring much more Team-Oriented when all the positions, save Kicker, have roughly equal weight.

6. A TD for every other position is 6. QB score more than others, but it's only comparable to other QBs. It should not delute the postion.

4 is the right answer. Any league that mandates one position is WAY more valuable than another is ghey. Change it or find a real league.

It does not matter, 6 point TD's make the QB only slightly more valuable than 4 point TD's.

It does not matter if the QB's score alot more than RB's, all that matters is how much your QB scores relative to other teams QB's.

It does not matter, 6 point TD's do not make the QB any more valuable than 4 point TD's.

Changing scoring from 6 pys to 4 pts for passing TDs will decrease the difference in points beetween QBs a little.

So it does matter, but it obviously does not matter as much as some people think.

Changing scoring from 6 pys to 4 pts for passing TDs will decrease the difference in points beetween QBs a little.

So it does matter, but it obviously does not matter as much as some people think.

I was trying to edit my post to say that.

QBs usually score 25-35 TDs while other plays max out at 15. With less then 10 on average. So QBs score way more so going 4 makes it little more realistic with regards to overall fantasy value. QBs can pass for 300 yds which is equvialant to 100 yards rushing in terms of perspective so if an RB gets 10 points per 100 yards - a QB should get roughly 10 points per (let's say 250 yds passing) that would level points distribution evenly across positions.

Depends in yardage scoring but 8/10 top player each year in my league are QBs. We give 3 points per TD pass and 1 point per 20 yards passing.

My long-time league switched from 4 to 6 a few years ago, and I really haven't noticed much of a difference. Sure, your QB scores more points every week, but every QB scores more points, and you still can only play one, vs. the 3-4 RBs and 3-4 WRs you have to play every week (we have to start 2 RBs and 2 WRs, plus 3 Flex spots). So it only changes the value of the QB position slightly relative to other positions.

In the draft, the 6-point rules does bump the elite QBs up a little higher -- I don't think anyone in my league ever drafted a QB in the first round before we made the change -- but overall, it really hasn't changed the game much, other than everyone's weekly scores are higher.

I never understood the reason for having a passing TD be worth only 4 points.

Makes no sense at all.

I guess the NFL should change passing TD's to 4 also.

I never understood the reason for having a passing TD be worth only 4 points.

Makes no sense at all.

I guess the NFL should change passing TD's to 4 also.

Because QBs don't actually score those TDs.

A passing/receiving TD in the NFL is worth 6 points. A passing/receiving TD in fantasy is worth 10 (or 12). Same as passing/receiving yards.

There is no right answer. :dunno:

In the league I commish we make all TD's 6 points. Rushing, receiving, passing, or a DST TD. Not because that's the way real life football is, but because we like it that way. We score it 1 point for every 25 yards passing instead of every 20 though.

QB's have about the same value it seems as other postions (PPR) year end and year out. No one position really stands out scoring wise.

Because QBs don't actually score those TDs.

A passing/receiving TD in the NFL is worth 6 points. A passing/receiving TD in fantasy is worth 10 (or 12). Same as passing/receiving yards.

Ok, so let's say a QB throws a 12 yard TD.

The QB gets 6 points for the TD and 0 points because it was only 12 yards.

The WR gets 6 points for the TD and 1 point for the 12 yards.

Seems totally fair.

We keep it simple. The team gets 6 points for a TD in the NFL when a QB passes for a TD....therefore, a QB in our league gets 6 points for a TD as well.

There's no correct answer, there are simply correct ways of preparing for the draft depending on the answer.

seems silly to have it at 4. WR gets 6 points that the QB gets 4? So in 4 pt leagues, when Vick runs one in does he get 6 or 4. So if it's 4, then McCoy gets 6 for a rushing TD and Vick would get only 4? Is there a difference if Vick throws one instead of running one?

I would hope in a 4 pt league that int's are a minus one. A minus 2 would really dilute the position.

Just my two pennies

The only 6 pt per TD pass league I play in is run by edjr. Need any further explanation on why 4 is the correct answer?