Sign in to follow this  
DAVID RUFFIN

GOP Corporate Interests

Senator Jane Cunningham (R-Corporate Interests)

In case you haven't heard the news, State Senator Jane Cunningham, has introduced a bill in the state Senate that would eliminate child labor laws in Missouri . It is not enough that she and her GOP cohorts are trying to make a Missouri a right to work for less state, now she wants to put our children to work with out any protection. To wit:

A child under 16 can work in motels/hotels - and without restrictions on hours - now that should raise some eyebrows.

No work permits would be required for those 15 or 16.

The authority of the Director of the Division of Labor Standards to oversee employers of children is eliminated.

This means our children can be put to work,"-at low wages, with no union protection, no proper government supervision ".

We are not making this up! If ever there was a doubt that members of the Missouri GOP are looking out for their corporate friends and not the people of Missouri the bills introduced this year should put those doubts to rest.

I had a job at 13 ....and work hard now

:dunno:

Maybe child labor laws are the reason for the lazy useless focks of today ?

I had a job at 13 and didn't need any sort of permit. it sounds like missouri's labor laws go well beyond the federal laws

(which if you're all crying oooo nooo we will enslave children that's just ridiculous there are FEDERAL LAWS)

so if they're just trying to dial it back to the federal child labor laws.... what's the problem?

I had a job at 13 and didn't need any sort of permit. it sounds like missouri's labor laws go well beyond the federal laws

(which if you're all crying oooo nooo we will enslave children that's just ridiculous there are FEDERAL LAWS)

so if they're just trying to dial it back to the federal child labor laws.... what's the problem?

he is a typical whining liberal faggit looking to deflect from the reality of the colossal suck Obama is ?

he is a typical whining liberal faggit looking to deflect from the reality of the colossal suck Obama is ?

Truer words have never been typed.

I think the Messicans are going to be hurt by this the most.... :unsure:

If a kid wants to work at age 14 or 15 or whatever, why should someone deny them the opportunity? :dunno:

This isn't going the way Ruffin hoped. I'm guessing he stlll has never held a job, and is humiliated by the prospect of 15 year olds with a better work ethic making more than he ever has.

I think the Messicans are going to be hurt by this the most.... :unsure:

If a kid wants to work at age 14 or 15 or whatever, why should someone deny them the opportunity? :dunno:

Future votes

I had a summer job 14-16, I didn't need government any unions to protect me, i understood i would be making like $7/hour, and i was happy for the work/money...

Cunningham’s bill is more about providing cheap, slave-like labor than protecting a parent’s right to control their child. Some of the provisions in S.B. 222 are: eliminating the restriction on the number of hours or when a child is allowed to work, eliminates work permits, removes the authority of the state Labor Division to inspect records on child employees, allows children to work in any industry, and eliminates the age requirement for child labor. Every one of the provisions of her bill are to help businesses and nothing to help children or parents. There is no minimum wage provision for children under Cunningham’s legislation and if there were, the Division of Labor will never be able to verify the minimum is being met because the new law forbids inspectors from looking at employment records.

Cunningham's bill is more about providing cheap, slave-like labor than protecting a parent's right to control their child. Some of the provisions in S.B. 222 are: eliminating the restriction on the number of hours or when a child is allowed to work, eliminates work permits, removes the authority of the state Labor Division to inspect records on child employees, allows children to work in any industry, and eliminates the age requirement for child labor. Every one of the provisions of her bill are to help businesses and nothing to help children or parents. There is no minimum wage provision for children under Cunningham's legislation and if there were, the Division of Labor will never be able to verify the minimum is being met because the new law forbids inspectors from looking at employment records.

We have federal child labor laws, dumphuk.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/childlabor101.pdf

"Other federal and state laws may have higher standards. When these apply, the more stringent standard must be observed."