Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round 1 Discussion

1.01 probably the worst pick with such a deep draft at the top. I'd feel comfortable with any of the top 6 backs so going first only serves to hurt me in round two

I would have gladly selected first as opposed to 9th! The depth of the draft aids you in that second round pick. It will be Wr loaded still. You were able to fock up and take CJ instead of Foster and ADP, which really means..........Those were the 3 guys I feel should be the top 3. The only thing that scares me about CJ is the Train Wreck that is the Titans without Fisher. Picking 9th I can likely get a safe top WR but will struggle for a true (safe) #1 RB around the corner in 2, with the new state of rbbc in the NFL.

Sorry guys, i'm PST, so I'll be on around 9 am every morning, that is the best I can do for morning picks.

1.07 MJD. I was choosing between him and 2 other RBs. I just liked MJD's chances this year with a rookie QB who will be relying heavily on his star RB.

Can't argue with MJD at 7, but I feel you will be better served if they DON'T start the rookie. Two reason: 8 man fronts, and his athleticism. They will stack it forcing him to throw and read pro defenses with a Pro offense he won't have a grip on, and he will likely not get through his progressions and abandon the offense and run causing more 3 and outs. Garrard will make MJD a better hand for you, in my opinion. Nice pick at 7!

I would have gladly selected first as opposed to 9th! The depth of the draft aids you in that second round pick. It will be Wr loaded still. You were able to fock up and take CJ instead of Foster and ADP, which really means..........Those were the 3 guys I feel should be the top 3. The only thing that scares me about CJ is the Train Wreck that is the Titans without Fisher. Picking 9th I can likely get a safe top WR but will struggle for a true (safe) #1 RB around the corner in 2, with the new state of rbbc in the NFL.

meh, i was going to go the ultra safe route with ADP but both teams are facing possible rookie QB's depending on any free agency and CJ's offensive line can't get any worse.

coin flp really with Foster a close 3rd due to only doing it one year

as for your pick at 9, i think you will be staring at some very undervalued RB1's in this format. :bandana:

meh, i was going to go the ultra safe route with ADP but both teams are facing possible rookie QB's depending on any free agency and CJ's offensive line can't get any worse.

coin flp really with Foster a close 3rd due to only doing it one year

as for your pick at 9, i think you will be staring at some very undervalued RB1's in this format. :bandana:

You're right!

With MJD falling when he did I was sitting just where I wanted to be and really didn't expect to be. I was in the hunt for Mendenhall. I love the teams committment to him in TD situations and the running scheme they employ. I was ready to accept McCoy if Mendy fell. Mendy had 1440 combined yards and 13 TD's, while McCoy had 1672 combined yards and 9 tds. They were 6 and 7 on my list, and I like my position for my second rounder now!

Even if MJD had fallen to me, I probably would not have selected him due to my aversion to players with the words "bone-on-bone" in their medical jacket. The only guy other than Shady that I was considering was Mendenhall, who remote was all over like a marine on a hooker with the next pick.

ICEMAN

Even if MJD had fallen to me, I probably would not have selected him due to my aversion to players with the words "bone-on-bone" in their medical jacket. The only guy other than Shady that I was considering was Mendenhall, who remote was all over like a marine on a hooker with the next pick.

ICEMAN

I see Mendenhall as one of the safest 1st round RB's in the draft. There are guys already selected, and a few still available, who have greater upside, but few of them had such limited downside. To get him at #9 was best case scenario for me, and it might change my feeling on my draft spot. It seems this draft is in a ppr mode.

You're right!

With MJD falling when he did I was sitting just where I wanted to be and really didn't expect to be. I was in the hunt for Mendenhall. I love the teams committment to him in TD situations and the running scheme they employ. I was ready to accept McCoy if Mendy fell. Mendy had 1440 combined yards and 13 TD's, while McCoy had 1672 combined yards and 9 tds. They were 6 and 7 on my list, and I like my position for my second rounder now!

exactly the guy i would have taken at your spot.

after the six pack of CJ,ADP,Foster,Charles,Rice,MJD... Mendenhall is my next guy.

with the top of the RB position so tightly bunched, i actually have him in a tier all to himself in standard formats.

I began to feel as though one of the RB's might fall to me, but alas, you all took them eventually; allowing fantastic value to fall pretty low.

I went with WR, Calvin Johnson being at the top of my list, and placed above any other players at this time. Being at the bottom of the round, and getting my next pick soon helps one to avoid overspending on RB....

I began to feel as though one of the RB's might fall to me, but alas, you all took them eventually; allowing fantastic value to fall pretty low.

I went with WR, Calvin Johnson being at the top of my list, and placed above any other players at this time. Being at the bottom of the round, and getting my next pick soon helps one to avoid overspending on RB....

A very safe 1st round pick and one of the top Wr's especially in a non-ppr format! Safety is the word of the first round and he seems as safe as any of those left at this point.

White as an elite WR is the safest pick. I see fewer double teams now with Jones in Atlanta, so he may even have a more monster year! I am not concerned with the "competition", it will enhance his value.

On to Round 2!

nice selection. top WR on my board, even above AJ due to what i feel to be a higher ceiling.

question for you. "Alas" sounds as if you were hoping for a RB to fall, however you feel you got "fantastic value" due to the RB's not falling. would you have selected one of the RB's over Calvin if faced with the choice?

White as an elite WR is the safest pick. I see fewer double teams now with Jones in Atlanta, so he may even have a more monster year! I am not concerned with the "competition", it will enhance his value.

On to Round 2!

whoooooooooooooooleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooo :overhead:

nice selection. top WR on my board, even above AJ due to what i feel to be a higher ceiling.

question for you. "Alas" sounds as if you were hoping for a RB to fall, however you feel you got "fantastic value" due to the RB's not falling. would you have selected one of the RB's over Calvin if faced with the choice?

I was watching the like of Mendy and Jones-Drew, wondering if perhaps someone else would spring for Johnson (maybe a bit too early) and I arrive at a top flight RB, then I come back and get a strong WR in the second round....

I would still have taken Andre over Calvin, if both were available. I think Calvin is solid value where I got him too.