1. 1. 2012

• Barry re-elected, Dems rule Congress
    • Barry re-elected, Congress stays as it is
    • Barry re-elected, Reps rule Congress
    • Barry loses, but Dems rule Congress
    • Barry loses, Congress stays as it is
    • Barry loses, Reps rule Congress

53-47

24 Dem senators up for re-election, 9 Repubs up.

Many Dems senators are in red states, Repubs look to gain between 7 and 10 seats.

Repubs have 242 seats in the House, Dems would need a strong showing to take it back.

Barry won't likely win Ohio, Va, Indiana, NC, or Florida this time around, that's 85 EV

Electoral votes have moved to Red states.

:dunno: Will the people vote to bail out the Dems? :dunno:

Army of the Twelve Monkeys

the Casey Anthony or OJ Simpson juries?

You 5 who think congress will stay the same, I'd like to know how you think the Dems will keep all these seats

Ben Nelson Nebraska: gone

Jon Tester Montana: gone

Sherrod Brown Ohio: gone

Kent Conrad ND: gone

There's your Repub majority right there.

Debbie Stabenow MI: 30% approval, likely gone

Claire Mccaskill MO: 30% approval, likely gone

Jim Webb VA: likely gone

Bob Casey PA: very unpopular, likely gone

Herb Kohl Wis: likely gone

Ben Nelson Fla: very unpopular: possibly gone

If I had to bet right now, I'd say Obama keeps the presidency, and both houses of Congress flip.

I'd put the Senate switch at about 95% certainty, with the other two at about 55%

Barry won't likely win Ohio, Va, Indiana, NC, or Florida this time around, that's 85 EV

Electoral votes have moved to Red states.

What exactly are you basing this off of? Just a gut I'm guessing.

'96 was a good year for Dems as they chased many Bush-worshipping scumbags out of office.

I'd hate to see Tester and Webb go. Especially Webb, he's been outstanding and I've come to admire him in his short 5 years. I use to like really Conrad too, use to be a deficit hawk and knows the tune and the reasoning. When I found out that he was a major part of that December 2010 compromise that burst the deficit, I was p*ssed and anyone who participated in it can go fock themselves.

I don't know accurate your "likely gones" list is. I wouldn't mind replacing Stabenow in Michigan but the GOP can't find a good candidate.

uhm because his approval ratings in those states are in the low 40s, and many of them, like ohio, went very red

across the board in 2010. Same with colorado, virginia, NC etc.

'96 was a good year for Dems as they chased many Bush-worshipping scumbags out of office.

I'd hate to see Tester and Webb go. Especially Webb, he's been outstanding and I've come to admire him in his short 5 years. I use to like really Conrad too, use to be a deficit hawk and knows the tune and the reasoning. When I found out that he was a major part of that December 2010 compromise that burst the deficit, I was p*ssed and anyone who participated in it can go fock themselves.

I don't know accurate your "likely gones" list is. I wouldn't mind replacing Stabenow in Michigan but the GOP can't find a good candidate.

Webb is definitely gone. He's already said he's not running.

Same for Herb Kohl. Same for Conrad.

Obama may win Ohio, but I don't see any way he wins NC, Florida, VA, or Indiana. He barely won those states last time and that was when he was flying high.

Several Red States picked up electoral votes due to the census, and some blue states lost some electoral votes due to the census. If I recall, I heard that if Obama gets every state he had last time he will get like 16 fewer electoral votes. That's not insignificant, and makes any swing state crucial.

Also, Reps control the majority of the State Houses. Redistricting for each state due to the census will be in affect for 2012. That means the Reps get to draw the lines in more states, and they will be that way for the next 10 years. This bodes well for the Reps when it comes to congressional races.

Given all that, and the trainwreck Obama is, it will be a tough year for him.

Several Red States picked up electoral votes due to the census, and some blue states lost some electoral votes due to the census. If I recall, I heard that if Obama gets every state he had last time he will get like 16 fewer electoral votes. That's not insignificant, and makes any swing state crucial.

Also, Reps control the majority of the State Houses. Redistricting for each state due to the census will be in affect for 2012. That means the Reps get to draw the lines in more states, and they will be that way for the next 10 years. This bodes well for the Reps when it comes to congressional races.

Given all that, and the trainwreck Obama is, it will be a tough year for him.

The republicans still have to find a plausable candidate that people will actually vote for, and I haven't seen one yet. This election reminds me of Bush-Kerry. The Dems seemed to think that anyone would beat Bush because he was so unpopular. Didn't work out that way though.

I agree that if the Republicans nominated someone that wasn't bat-sh!t crazy (Bachman, Cain) or someone that seems to be nothing but a weasely flip flopper (Romney, and don't underestimate the Mormon thing) that they would have a strong chance. But I have a hard time buying any of the current crop of Republican hopefulls pulling it off.

The republicans still have to find a plausable candidate that people will actually vote for, and I haven't seen one yet.

Imagine that. One of the biggest Obama cacksuckers on the bored can't find anyone in the Rep field to vote for. Jeebus! We haven't even had the Iowa straw poll yet.

Where was Obama at this point in '08? Changing his diapers most likely. :rolleyes:

Imagine that. One of the biggest Obama cacksuckers on the bored can't find anyone in the Rep field to vote for. Jeebus! We haven't even had the Iowa straw poll yet.

Where was Obama at this point in '08? Changing his diapers most likely. :rolleyes:

I'm not a huge Obama supporter. I think he has pretty much p!ssed on every campaign promise he's made. Let's look...

End the wars - Nope.

Repeal the Patriot Act - Nope. In fact, affirmed it twice.

Transperency in government - Nope. Quite the opposite.

Changed the culture in Washington - Hell focking no.

Used the stimulus money on "shovel ready" infastructure projects? - Nope. Seems it all went to banks and other corporations.

Reformed health care - He tried, but I'd say he failed. Time will tell though.

Truthfully, I wish the Dems would run a primary challenge to him. I supported him last time, but am very very turned off now.

Still doesn't change the fact that the Republican slate of candidates is a complete focking joke. The incumbancy is a pretty powerful thing in an election, and I don't see any of these loons beating him. The only one I like at all is Ron Paul, and I don't think the Republican leadership will allow him to succeed.

Obama is definately beatable, but it says something when the frontrunner is a former Mass. Liberal who failed to even beat out McCain in the Primary last time around. And Bachman and Cain are loony toon idiots that don't stand a chance in hell, as is Palin should she hop in.

Just sayin. I really don't care, both parties are a joke. It is really just a question of what you want to hear whispered in your ear as they assfock you and drive this country off a cliff. I probably won't vote at all.

There isn't anyone in the current crop that will be able to beat Obama in 2012.

Repubs will probably get the majority in congress.

Washington as usual.

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — President Barack Obama's disapproval rating has soared to 54 percent in Virginia, a battleground state the Democrat took from the Republicans to win the White House in 2008 and will likely need to carry next year to win re-election, a new poll released Thursday shows.

The Quinnipiac University Poll, based on telephone interviews with 1,368 registered voters from Sept. 7-12, found that only 40 percent approved of the president's performance, down from 48 percent in the same survey in June. Six percent were undecided. The survey's margin of sampling error was plus or minus 2.7 percentage points.

The results mirror other polls that show a continuing slide in the president's popularity in a slow, troubled economy.

In the Virginia survey, a majority — 51 percent — said they did not think Obama deserves to be re-elected, compared to 41 percent who would re-elect him. Eight percent didn't know or wouldn't say.

Most troubling for Obama is his poor performance among independents, many of whom supported him three years ago. Sixty-three percent of unaligned voters disapproved of the way Obama is handling his duties while only 29 percent approved.