Sign in to follow this  
montana

Anyone have RedZone?

How much did you pay & if you had it, was it worth it?

its nice.

i dont pay any extra for it

How much did you pay & if you had it, was it worth it?

It's awesome, and I don't pay anything. Call your provider and tell them you want redzone for free because Direct is offering Sunday ticket for free. You might have to call several times, it took me 4, but I got it for free.

It's better then channel flipping, which is what happens with Subday Ticket.

Totally worth it. It's a fantasy player's dream network, imo.

6 hours every Sunday of non-stop football. No commercials at all. No having to flip channels.

Obviously they focus on teams that are in the redzone (using split screens and quick back and forth shots if there's multiple teams there at once). If no team is threatening to score, they'll typically just play one of the better games on the schedule that week, until someone somewhere gets inside the 20.

The tag line is that they show you every TD from every game - and they literally do. Virtually all of them are in real time, too (so it's not like a CBS or Fox gamebreak, where it's a several minute delay and you've already seen the score on your fantasy games). The only time they have to go back to show you a TD that already happened is if it's a long play, special teams return, or defensive return that happened too quick to show live....and they're usually pretty quick about showing it.

With Comcast I pay about $5-6 a month extra, for the sports package that includes NFLN, RedZone, and a few other non-football channels. Never regretted it.

i ahve comcast and dont pay anything extra for nfl network or redzone.

Just a FYI, If you have Verizon and a smart phone it is also free.

Download the NFL ap.

i had redzone 2 years ago, last yoear i opted against it, and this year i'll pass as well. For me, when I had redzone, I never got around to watching a single game, even the jets games. I just kept getting stuck on the redzone channel all day long. I realized at the end of the year I'd rather watch full games of jets and giants and anything else thats on TV as opposed to vegitating on redzone. Also, i got to about 6 games a year, and 1-2 road games, so not even home 1/2 the season. Otherwise, it is a great channel, especially for fantasy fiends...

Shouldn't it be free this year now that DirecTV is offering Sunday Ticket for free? Or not?

Redzone is the best thing since sliced bread. I was able to see (live) some of the greatest plays of the season because of it. The Favre to what's his name receiver for the last second touchdown to win the game. It's awesome!

Just a FYI, If you have Verizon and a smart phone it is also free.

Download the NFL ap.

What's it called exactly? There are a number of different NFL apps.

Totally worth it. If you have to pay, it isn't much, and I guarantee you'll think it is money well spent. :thumbsup:

What's it called exactly? There are a number of different NFL apps.

If we're talking about the NFL Mobile app, last year it wasn't free on my Verizon droid. The app is free, and you can follow the games and listen to radio broadcasts for free. But watching RedZone was a couple extra bucks. Maybe it's changed.

I now find watching regular games too slow. Red Zone bounces back from game to game with fantasy value at stake.

It's the best thing ever. Not only do they show you every touchdown, but when they miss one live, as oppose to showing it to you in highlight form with the host in the studio talking over it and whatnot, they just cut to the feed of that game and you see it as though you are seeing it live.

They also show you FGs, turnovers, and other big plays....not JUST TDs. The channel is spectacular. Most Sundays there is about a 1-2 min span, when teams are going in/coming out of the half, and there is literally no game play of any kind, due to TV commercial breaks, just after the 2nd half opening kickoff. In that case, they just show the league scoreboard. BUT, it is literally only about 1-2 mins. Besides that.......nonstop football from 1 pm EST until 7 pm EST.

Worth every penny.

I now find watching regular games too slow. Red Zone bounces back from game to game with fantasy value at stake.

It's like fantasy football crack. :banana:

i had redzone 2 years ago, last yoear i opted against it, and this year i'll pass as well. For me, when I had redzone, I never got around to watching a single game, even the jets games. I just kept getting stuck on the redzone channel all day long. I realized at the end of the year I'd rather watch full games of jets and giants and anything else thats on TV as opposed to vegitating on redzone. Also, i got to about 6 games a year, and 1-2 road games, so not even home 1/2 the season. Otherwise, it is a great channel, especially for fantasy fiends...

:thumbsup:

You think you're hooked now? Wait til you get a taste of the RedZone. It was my drug of choice and totally worth it. Think we called Direct too complained about new subscribers getting the Sunday ticket built in and we got it for free.