Sign in to follow this  
yanivsme

Knowshon Moreno

New coach who loves to run but now the addition of Magahee might be the old DWill and Jstew split.

According to different reports Moreno is in the best shape of his life blah blah blah and he wants to prove he is the man and win back the denver fans.

I persoanlly believe Moreno will be drafted much earliar then Willis but they will probably have a pretty even amount of carries, maybe 60-40 in Morenos favor. Willis a great value pick late. He could be a great rb3 or low end rb2.

Im also curious to know where you think Morenos ADP is? I have seen him go as early as the 4th and as late as the 6th

Just finished my draft, moreno was my 3rd rb in the 5th rnd...and mcgahee in the 15th

10 team snake draft....I think I got good value out of him

he will get the touches and opportunities - - yet he just lacks that WOW factor as far as I'm concerned. I just dropped him in my auction league. Maybe I'll rebuy him though. No burst, no speed, just average is my opinion since he's been in the league.

He isn't all that good, but he's probably better than McGahee. So I think he should get enough touches this year to put up some decent RB2 numbers.

I won't take Moreno unless he drops way down. The reason is Tim Tebow. The Bronco's have to use this guy for something and I have visions of Teabow prancing onto the field with his pom poms everytime the Bronco's get inside their opponent's 10 yards line. If I'm a Moreno owner and have to witness this after my guy led the team down the field from their own 20 yard line it will mentally destroy me.

And the fact that one of the all-time fantasy TD vultures is on that team in McGahee tells me to stay away from Moreno.

Its gotta be his year. Couldn't have a better head coach if you're a RB. They are going to run a ton this year.

If he sucks this year, he's done for fantasy.

I won't take Moreno unless he drops way down. The reason is Tim Tebow. The Bronco's have to use this guy for something and I have visions of Teabow prancing onto the field with his pom poms everytime the Bronco's get inside their opponent's 10 yards line. If I'm a Moreno owner and have to witness this after my guy led the team down the field from their own 20 yard line it will mentally destroy me.

And the fact that one of the all-time fantasy TD vultures is on that team in McGahee tells me to stay away from Moreno.

HAHA.

Great post. Its actually something to take into consideration.

And if Tebow is in the game down there near the goal, you know they are calling his number.

McGahee will never get 40%... He may get some goal line work but 40% is absurd!

absurd, really? I thought Dwill was much more of a stud than Jstew and they were prettyy even, actually within 10 carrie last yr. Im not saying Willis is as good as Jstew but Fox seems to split the load, even when he had a stud in Dwill. Just sayin

Just finished my draft, moreno was my 3rd rb in the 5th rnd...and mcgahee in the 15th

10 team snake draft....I think I got good value out of him

I think you focked up taking a 3rd RB (bench player), while hot having your starting WRs/TE/QB filled, etc...unless you have a flex.

Curious what WRs you passed on in the 5th to take Moreno ?

I think you focked up taking a 3rd RB (bench player), while hot having your starting WRs/TE/QB filled, etc...unless you have a flex.

PG, everyone doesn't build a starting lineup and draft linearly like that. Is this your first time to the dance?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?

Just got a mental pic of Tim Tebow w/ his Friar Tuck haircut prancing onto the field w/ pom poms. Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEnFfO_lGE8

Moreno is a stud is the passing game not a 100 yard rusher but routinely got over 100 yds total offense last year. I'll take him as a #2 RB with confidence - the 1 thing I hate is all his games mainly start at 4 EST so the game time decisions will force me to grab another west coast RB like lynch a round or 2 later - if possible

I have mentioned this before in this thread but I really Willis gets quite a few carries and GL work. I have the option of keeping Willis and losing a 12th rnd pick. Ive had Dwill a few times and Jstew pretty much split carries 50 50 with him. If Willis proves he is somehwat capable and Moreno plays like he has Willis might get half the carries. I think keeping Willis as a 3rd rb in the 12th rnd is a much better value than Moreno in the 4th or th round.

Moreno has been going in the 4th of most of my ppr drafts. I am not a fan and think he is at best a 3rd down back. I like Mcgahee for value as you can usually get him in the 10th or later this year. He has spent a lot of time on the bench the last couple years resting behind Rice, but I am not sure he is hungry for the starting job.

Be nice if some homers could chime in and tell us what the preseason action is looking like, myself I gamble on Mcgahee and avoid Moreno. Although there was an article mentioning he was in great shape which could be a good sign especially in a season where conditioning was all on the players. The ultimate boom or bust at RB this year and I am afraid it is bust.

Moreno will get the majority of the work here... Willis is old and is little threat... I'd say 70/30 split.

10 team snake draft, I had 4th pick

1. Jamaal Charles

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Rashard Mendenhall

4. Mike Williams, TB

5. Knowshon Moreno

I think I had a solid first few rounds, and believe Moreno will allow me to trade for a player in need when injuries hit.

Moreno will get the majority of the work here... Willis is old and is little threat... I'd say 70/30 split.

The problem with Willis is that 30% total is going to be closer to 90% of the carries inside the 10 yard line. He's made, and extended, his career doing it. No reason to think it's going to stop now.

10 team snake draft, I had 4th pick

1. Jamaal Charles

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Rashard Mendenhall

4. Mike Williams, TB

5. Knowshon Moreno

I think I had a solid first few rounds, and believe Moreno will allow me to trade for a player in need when injuries hit.

you got mendenhall at 3.04? is this a weird scoring format?