Sign in to follow this  
Mike Nice

CJ2K trade request next step?

One league source tells Profootballtalk that Chris Johnson's next move may be a trade request.

Coach Mike Munchak has already stated that Johnson will not be traded, and we don't expect that stance to change. Johnson tweeted Thursday that he "just got advice" from an experienced source and will give an update "when the time is right." Terry McCormick from Titan Insider hears Johnson's next move will be a counter proposal to the Titans. Asked if he would be playing Week 1, Johnson replied: "I don't know. I can't really comment on much right now."

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4743/chris-johnson

If there is any truth to this, where do you guys see him possibly going?

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4743/chris-johnson

If there is any truth to this, where do you guys see him possibly going?

Nowhere. Just think what it would take to get him in a trade and then what it would take to sign him. Tennessee would have to get at least 2 number 1 picks to even start the conversation since they have him under contract (a good one for them) and even franchising RB's is relatively cheap money compared to what he wants.

Or possibly his tweet could mean something alone the lines of waving the white flag and actually signing for less then he wanted

Florio was just on WFAN here in New York with Mike Lupica. Lupica mentioned the Jets as a possibility. Jets giving up Shonn Greene plus, plus, plus.... for Chris Johnson. Interesting thought (as a Jet fan). Long shot, I'm sure.

Might be a nice fit in Tampa or Arizona.

Florio was just on WFAN here in New York with Mike Lupica. Lupica mentioned the Jets as a possibility. Jets giving up Shonn Greene plus, plus, plus.... for Chris Johnson. Interesting thought (as a Jet fan). Long shot, I'm sure.

If they did trade him i doubt they would trade him to a contender, who is already at their cap

As a Jets fan I would do the dance of joy. :banana:

Without knowing the Packers cap situation, why not them?

They have great depth as they showed last year, and a lot of young NFL caliber players that could be included. They could cut Grant and Driver for some extra money.

I do realize they have to re-up Rodgers at some point and that's one counter to this idea.

REalistically, the Titans aren't trading him.

They have great depth as they showed last year, and a lot of young NFL caliber players that could be included. They could cut Grant and Driver for some extra money.

I do realize they have to re-up Rodgers at some point and that's one counter to this idea.

I thought about this as well, but I don't know what things look like from a long-term perspective for them. And we've never seemed to have a true stud RB. It would be awesome though!

CJ for S. Greene + picks is laughable. Where do people come up with this junk? CJ should get TEN at least an established starter + a mid to high first rd pick. I know RB's are a thing of the past but guys of CJ's ability are rare.

Why them? Why do the Packers need him? Why would they give up whatever wild amount you or the Titans would ask?

He's just a running back......and I think the Titans realize that.

There will never be another Herschel Walker to Minnesota trade. Ever.

With every tidbit of news there is another thread created.

There's no way he will be traded.

Why not?

The titans aren't going to the playoffs with or without him.

The titans just got a new coach.

They will need to rebuild and Locker might be or not be the guy.

It's going to take at least 2 years before the Titans can have a legitimate shot at the 'playoffs' by then CJ2K will be 28 years old.

Why not?

The titans aren't going to the playoffs with or without him.

The titans just got a new coach.

They will need to rebuild and Locker might be or not be the guy.

It's going to take at least 2 years before the Titans can have a legitimate shot at the 'playoffs' by then CJ2K will be 28 years old.

Because the team said he's not being traded.

Who is going to the playoffs? Please tell us.

What happened to basic Bazaar Bargaining 101 ? CJ wants $ 14 mill. a year, the Titans want to give him $ 10 mill. a year. Make up and meet in the middle for $ 12 mill. a year and be done with this .

There is NO chance in hell CJ2K gets traded. The 2 sides will agree on contract sometime around labour day. The negotiation game always starts like this. The player always asks for a ridiculous amount, tells the media they are miles away, and the team offers a low amount. Eventually both sides will agree somewhere in the middle. Yesterdays meeting was KEY because both sides finally sat down and gave each other their stupid offers.

LOL yea right! Like the Titans would actually do business with a team like the Jets or the Packers...you think they're going to trade away a top 3 RB, probably the most talented RB, for a couple of 1st round picks that are going to be probably 25 or above overall??

If anything they'd trade with a crap team like the Bengals, Panthers, or Bills. Even that would be a stretch.

There is NO chance in hell CJ2K gets traded. The 2 sides will agree on contract sometime around labour day. The negotiation game always starts like this. The player always asks for a ridiculous amount, tells the media they are miles away, and the team offers a low amount. Eventually both sides will agree somewhere in the middle. Yesterdays meeting was KEY because both sides finally sat down and gave each other their stupid offers.

Labour Day :first:

Tres Bon, mon ami.