Sign in to follow this  
Maxx Dread

Does anyone else build their own draft board?

Just curious as to how many other leagues build their own draft boards. I had a few requests this year to "go digital" with the draft next year with a computer and a projection screen, but there's something nostalgic about putting together a board and using it as wall decoration the rest of the year. :)

Here's mine:

http://i.imgur.com/vimLK.jpg

I hope this is just an example and you threw those picks up there randomly. I'd hate to think the first round of your draft went:

Arian Foster

Larry Fitzgerald

LeGarrette Blount

Tim Hightower

Anquan Boldin

Reggie Bush

Daniel Thomas

PIT D

Steve Smith (CAR)

Adam Vinatieri

Mark Sanchez

Jabar Gaffney

DeMarco Murray

Chris Cooley

Deion Branch

And then Drew Brees was the first pick in the last round?

I don't think the digital world is ready for your league, if that's your real draft.

Get me in that league....I'l pay double everyone else.

we got over the nostalgic little stickers 5 years ago when I created a spreadsheet. I pull my 1080p projector out of the Theater, and shine it to 14'.

I have all the Draftboards from previous years on my harddrive, and after the draft I email it to everyone.

I hope this is just an example and you threw those picks up there randomly. I'd hate to think the first round of your draft went:

Arian Foster

Larry Fitzgerald

LeGarrette Blount

Tim Hightower

Anquan Boldin

Reggie Bush

Daniel Thomas

PIT D

Steve Smith (CAR)

Adam Vinatieri

Mark Sanchez

Jabar Gaffney

DeMarco Murray

Chris Cooley

Deion Branch

I don't think the digital world is ready for your league, if that's your real draft.

hahaha well there are some newbs in the league but each round is the vertical column, left to right.

Arian Foster

Larry Fitzgerald

LeGarrette Blount

Tim Hightower

Anquan Boldin

Reggie Bush

Daniel Thomas

PIT D

Steve Smith (CAR)

Adam Vinatieri

Mark Sanchez

Jabar Gaffney

DeMarco Murray

Chris Cooley

Deion Branch

Look at the picture again and try tilting your head 90 degrees to the left. It's a tip! :doublethumbsup:

Get me in that league....I'l pay double everyone else.

we got over the nostalgic little stickers 5 years ago when I created a spreadsheet. I pull my 1080p projector out of the Theater, and shine it to 14'.

I have all the Draftboards from previous years on my harddrive, and after the draft I email it to everyone.

PM me your contact info and if anyone drops next year you can join the live draft via Skype like BeerBrigade and I LIKE BOOBS ALOT did this year :) It's normally a $30 buy-in.

Edit

Actually if you want I have one more space in a league that used the same draft but a few of the owners didn't want to play in my free league with some different scoring: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=387861

each round is the vertical column, left to right.

Oh, well, that makes more sense, but then why do you have what appears to be the names of the teams as the column headers? Shouldn't they be to the left, heading the rows?

Oh, well, that makes more sense, but then why do you have what appears to be the names of the teams as the column headers? Shouldn't they be to the left, heading the rows?

Yeah I am getting more confused by the minute. :shocking:

The team tags are just to remind people what color they are; its a snaking draft so either side wouldn't be completely accurate.

PM me your contact info and if anyone drops next year you can join the live draft via Skype like BeerBrigade and I LIKE BOOBS ALOT did this year :) It's normally a $30 buy-in.

Edit

Actually if you want I have one more space in a league that used the same draft but a few of the owners didn't want to play in my free league with some different scoring: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=387861

$30, people stop caring midseason.

Make it $300, I'll pay $600, and I'm in.

Wow! there are easier ways to do that.

My league used a board for the first time this year. One of our players bought it. It was a blank grid and each player (nfl player) had a sticker that was color coded by position (wr, rb, etc.). It was very convenient and only cost ~$15.

When you are done do you bust out the typewriter and send the final rosters out by pigeons?

LOL ... jeez, at least put the names on the LEFT, and use the same colored sticky's for positions ... but I'm betting our league has more teeth than yours.

What grade did the teacher give your son on this art project?

I really don't know what to say....I guess my 5 minute poster board, ruler, and marker version is so old school.

In fact, it's SO old school that we put the team names on the top, rounds on the left, and draft left to right. :huh:

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but we had our cheatsheets put on giant poster boards at Kinkos. All the players are listed alphabetically by position.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/Goldenrhino/Jackiewithtrophy.jpg

Holy Crap, what is this thread? Try and see who has the WORST draft board idea of all time????

So you pay a ton of money to kinko's to print up on huge paper every QB, RB, WR, etc which a lot of those names won't even get drafted and used???

Wow.

Just wow.

I thought we were old school using big colored stickers placing them on the teams board but this takes it to a whole other level ...

Holy Crap, what is this thread? Try and see who has the WORST draft board idea of all time????

So you pay a ton of money to kinko's to print up on huge paper every QB, RB, WR, etc which a lot of those names won't even get drafted and used???

Wow.

Just wow.

I thought we were old school using big colored stickers placing them on the teams board but this takes it to a whole other level ...

:P

:banana:

yeah this sht makes zero sense.

We also have hot chicks in skimpy clothing, filling out the draft boards.:headbanger:

Which is a great idea but why blow up the friggin cheat sheets?

Which is a great idea but why blow up the friggin cheat sheets?

I don't know. The guy who host the draft has been doing it the last few years. Says it doesn't cost him hardly anything to have it done. And it does require the girls who fill out the boards, to do a lot of sretching, bending, etc.. We're just having fun here...who gives a crap how practical it is.

I don't know. The guy who host the draft has been doing it the last few years. Says it doesn't cost him hardly anything to have it done. And it does require the girls who fill out the boards, to do a lot of sretching, bending, etc.. We're just having fun here...who gives a crap how practical it is.

So why not send a picture of your hot vanna white bending/stretching/etc instead of a blurry image of you holding the last place trophy??

So why not send a picture of your hot vanna white bending/stretching/etc instead of a blurry image of you holding the last place trophy??

FWIW the guy in the blurry image with the trophy, IS the poster board guy.

I would show a pic of the girls, but I have a feeling all I'd get from this crowd is "I've seen hotter...." BS.

When you are done do you bust out the typewriter and send the final rosters out by pigeons?

LOL ... jeez, at least put the names on the LEFT, and use the same colored sticky's for positions ... but I'm betting our league has more teeth than yours.

hah not quite, I use Draft Buddy to record the draft digitally and to assist in my own drafting :) The wall unfortunately barely has room for the board, so I'm forced to put the team tags at the top.

We also have hot chicks in skimpy clothing, filling out the draft boards.:headbanger:

I also have an attractive girl that fills out the draft board :D

hahaha well there are some newbs in the league but each round is the vertical column, left to right.

just curious what is the benefit of going vertical instead of horizontal? it looks more complicated if you ask me.

just curious what is the benefit of going vertical instead of horizontal? it looks more complicated if you ask me.

I suppose it satisfies my progress bar mentality, as we get closer to the right the draft reaches closer to completion.

It's also a physical requirement. I'm able to get long sheets of paper that are 36 inches in height. A vertical orientation would give me less horizontal space to write the names and would require more stretching and bending over for my Vanna... On second thought a vertical orientation might be the way to go! :overhead:

I suppose it satisfies my progress bar mentality, as we get closer to the right the draft reaches closer to completion.

It's also a physical requirement. I'm able to get long sheets of paper that are 36 inches in height. A vertical orientation would give me less horizontal space to write the names and would require more stretching and bending over for my Vanna... On second thought a vertical orientation might be the way to go! :overhead:

I just purchased 3M stock ...

By the way, who the heck writes all the names out?? And you should go horizontal, that way you can see what the teams needs are (instead of color) ... cause I know part of my drafting strategy is based on what the teams picking after me need (or don't need) that round. Looking at your board it's almost impossible to track that ... but whatever works!

to the OP = very poorly designed. as others have said just make each column belong to a team and each row belong to a round. Makes it very easy to "snake".

not sure why people purchase 15 dollar draft boards with stickers. big piece of posterboard and a marker are all you need. put the 15 in the pot.

And it does require the girls who fill out the boards, to do a lot of sretching, bending, etc.

Next year you should place the draft board on the floor..

Pro Tip... Color coat the picks depending on the position of the player. It helps find holes in teams. We moved to a Google Doc I created. You put in the players name and the POS and TEAm auto fill.