Sign in to follow this  
BoSox

Hilarious Work League

So the commish changed the default settings for yardage to an across the board 5 yds = 1 pt. So Breez had 108 points the other night. So it just turned into who has the best Fantasy QB.... not team. And he change the settings after the draft. And he picked rodgers in the first. How would you handle it?

i would politely ask him to change the setting back to what they were BEFORE the draft.

the only way a rule or setting should be changed after the draft is with a vote that is 100% in favor of the change.

if he does nothing and leaves the change in place, i would randomly bench my players and give out free wins here or there and generally ###### his league.

I probably would not be so polite.

But as this is a WORK league, what are the politics involved with you raising hell about it? $20 is not worth jeopardizing your career over, so depending on how you assess the situation, you either forget it or it might not hurt to discretely let some people know what kind of a cheater they have working with them.

At a minimum though, I'd probably quickly announce that I'm far too busy with work to continue with this league.

My question is...what league site allows you to change the scoring settings after the draft? I've never seen this available on any site I've ever played on.

Either way, I'd make sure that this season is the last season I'd be a member of said league.

My question is...what league site allows you to change the scoring settings after the draft? I've never seen this available on any site I've ever played on.

Either way, I'd make sure that this season is the last season week I'd be a member of said league.

Fixored.

I organized a work league among beginners, to try to get them to see how awesome fantasy fb is, and it's brutal. I'm actively trying not to win it the first year, as I don't want people to think I hustled them as the only experienced player. But. . . James Starks is currently sitting as a FA, after someone dropped him for Tashard Choice. Awful.

I organized a work league among beginners, to try to get them to see how awesome fantasy fb is, and it's brutal. I'm actively trying not to win it the first year, as I don't want people to think I hustled them as the only experienced player. But. . . James Starks is currently sitting as a FA, after someone dropped him for Tashard Choice. Awful.

I tried to start one at my work too... I got about 8 people in (half women who I had to explain what FF even is) and a bunch of people insisted on no live draft, but draft by auto pick. I just stopped recruiting people and folded the league for lack of interest.

Last year some friends of mine started a fun league on Yahoo; after the draft the commish said "hey look, I found this switch that gives us a point for every reception$#@!" I didn't really care since no money was involved.

To the OP: I would just explain to the commish what you said here -- the change makes it way too QB-heavy, and it was done after the draft, so he should change it back to the way it was.

This happened to me 3 years ago. Not exactly the same, but close. The Commish of the league changed the scoring & line up requirements AFTER the draft.

I seemed to be the only one to question the changes (the rest of the league were casual owners who only played for the heck of it).

But I didn't care if it was only $25 or not, that wasn't the point. Of course I was made out to be a "cry baby". I finished out the year knowing full well that he had cheated. I also watch him take advantage of other owners in trades, reset WW orders, etc.... It was extremely blatant cheating. And all the while not a single owner spoke up because they were either too stupid or just plain ignorant to know what was going on. The Commish won the league easily & walked away with $250.

The following year he sent an invite to join the league & I accepted. I told him draft day that I had sent a check & he should receive it any day. He allowed me to draft. I repaid his dishonesty by drafting all RBs & WRs straight through the draft, never taking another position. He never got the check & I disowned the team. Have fun sorting that one out Fellas.

DBag & friends got what was coming to them. Haven't talked to him since as I got a few "parting shots" at him & his integrity during the draft. I'd do it all over because I got gratification for 18 rounds & loved every minute of it.

This happened to me 3 years ago. Not exactly the same, but close. The Commish of the league changed the scoring & line up requirements AFTER the draft.

I seemed to be the only one to question the changes (the rest of the league were casual owners who only played for the heck of it).

But I didn't care if it was only $25 or not, that wasn't the point. Of course I was made out to be a "cry baby". I finished out the year knowing full well that he had cheated. I also watch him take advantage of other owners in trades, reset WW orders, etc.... It was extremely blatant cheating. And all the while not a single owner spoke up because they were either too stupid or just plain ignorant to know what was going on. The Commish won the league easily & walked away with $250.

The following year he sent an invite to join the league & I accepted. I told him draft day that I had sent a check & he should receive it any day. He allowed me to draft. I repaid his dishonesty by drafting all RBs & WRs straight through the draft, never taking another position. He never got the check & I disowned the team. Have fun sorting that one out Fellas.

DBag & friends got what was coming to them. Haven't talked to him since as I got a few "parting shots" at him & his integrity during the draft. I'd do it all over because I got gratification for 18 rounds & loved every minute of it.

That is some sweet revenge. :thumbsup:

As others have said, it's a work league. Not sure if the $20 is worth raising hell over and creating tension in your office. You may want to talk to him and explain why it changes the dynamic of the league, makes it worthless for most positions besides QB, etc. Explain it without accusing him of doing it to benefit his own team. Maybe he'll change it back, maybe not.

If not, just play out the year and don't rejoin next year.

:cheers: I love it when a plan comes together. :cheers:

You should have taken all QBs.

This is how he described his changes on league message board>>>> "Also, I adjusted the number of points per yard from 10 to 5. It should just give everyone more points. Will not affect the game in any way."

Oh ya bud, if default passing yards was 25 yds /per point and you move it to 5 yds/ per point. It's the equivalent of taking WR's and RB's from 10 yds/per point to 2yds/ per point.

I posted a message, last night 12 teams no response....

Am I looking a this right?

So if a running back has an out of his mind game at 200 yds and 3 tds (7 pts rushing TD), translates to 61 points

Now a QB has an ok game throws for 260 and 2 TDs (8pts passing TD), translates to 68 points.

Outstanding!!!

This is how he described his changes on league message board>>>> "Also, I adjusted the number of points per yard from 10 to 5. It should just give everyone more points. Will not affect the game in any way."

Oh ya bud, if default passing yards was 25 yds /per point and you move it to 5 yds/ per point. It's the equivalent of taking WR's and RB's from 10 yds/per point to 2yds/ per point.

So if a running back has an out of his mind game at 200 yds and 3 tds (7 pts rushing TD), translates to 61 points

Now a QB has an ok game throws for 260 and 2 TDs (8pts passing TD), translates to 68 points.

So this jackass is either completely clueless or a piece of sh1t cheater. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Only one way to battle a jack**s like this. Collute with another player, split the money and leave that dumb league. I am not above bringing myself down to the level of a cheater.

Maybe he legitimately didn't realize how this change would basically make only one position the determining factor in the win each week? Maybe he's not good at math?

Use the example above that you typed and see if he gets it. Otherwise I would bag the team and ask for your money back.

You should have taken all QBs.

What do you take me for? That'd be a DBag move. LOL

Actually I didn't want them to figure it out too early. If I had gone all QBs, they would've realized it in round 1 or 2. Going RB & WR bought me time. Most didn't realize what was happening until it was too late. And by that time, there was no turning back. It was awesome!

I really really hate commissioners who are bad at math and change default settings "to be interesting" or because they "like big numbers." I had a comish change special teams yardage a few years back after he picked up Donte Hall (yeah...). It's crap, but there's not a lot you can do. Post a detailed explanation about how this change totally alters draft strategy (value over replacement, etc.) and, if it doesn't generate traffic, leave it at that.

I had a commish do this a couple years ago. scoring was changed I think the monday after the first sunday of games, partly to allow kick/punt return yardage and td's + bonuses for individual players. changed all the scores from the day before. I was furious. he didn't seem to see what the big deal was. I really just think he was clueless because it didn't help him at all. he reversed the weeks scoring to reflect the original scoring format, then took a vote to change it. i was the only one that seemed to care, or understand that drafting strategy is largely based on scoring format and you don't change that after the draft unless EVERYONE agrees. oh well, I ended up winning the league by picking up j charles and j cribbs off waivers.