Sign in to follow this  
da_mane_man

uuummm ... am i the only one that owns Ocho?

You come from Carolina. Certainly understandable that you would not get it. The Panther way is to get prepped for the top pick in the draft every year. :lol:

No, actually in college baskeball the "Carolina Way" was first monikered in the 80's with Dean Smith led teams. I call my fellow bball fans that say that ghey too. :thumbsup:

It's a smug, self indulgent way to say you are somehow better than somebody and are beyond reproach. I hate it when Tar Heel fans do it too.

HTH

It was not a harmless tweet. It was a sign as to why Ocho just doesn't get it.

agreed.

The Tweet is just a part of all that Ocho brings to the table - his antics are fine so long as he's getting his primary job done - and he isn't.

he slept all freakin' day and when he woke up the first think on him mind was tweeting? That's a problem. Read your focking playbook Ocho.

No, actually in college baskeball the "Carolina Way" was first monikered in the 80's with Dean Smith led teams. I call my fellow bball fans that say that ghey too. :thumbsup:

It's a smug, self indulgent way to say you are somehow better than somebody and are beyond reproach. I hate it when Tar Heel fans do it too.

HTH

It is called an identity, a culture. Not better. It facilitates bringing new people into the mix and getting them up to speed with the rest of the team quickly. Apparently, you just don't get it.

BTW - I am not surprised that you are defending Ocho. You always defend the wrong side (see: Tiger). :lol:

TD Ryan, a little harsh, but he pegged it. Chad very well may have lost a step, but his game never was about pure speed. Deon Branch has definitely lost a step, much moreso than Chad IMO, but came back to the Pats and had great success. Why? Because he is a good route runner with good field awareness. By all accounts, 85 is one of the best route runners in the league with uncanny field awareness and imo physically more gifted than Branch. No knock on Branch or Welker, they both are fine route runners, but Brady has never played with anyone with his kind of ability in those particular attributes. Chad faced constant double coverage in Cincy and lets face it, Palmer couldn't deliver the ball into double coverage. I don't think anyone would argue that Brady isn't more accurate than Palmer and as i alluded to before, I don't see him being double covered with their other threats. Thats going to leave Chad in single covered to work the sidelines, the red zone or find soft spots if its zone. That could get scary with Brady chucking the ball, but of course he has to get comfortable in the scheme in order to work his game.

agreed.

The Tweet is just a part of all that Ocho brings to the table - his antics are fine so long as he's getting his primary job done - and he isn't.

he slept all freakin' day and when he woke up the first think on him mind was tweeting? That's a problem. Read your focking playbook Ocho.

I was listening to Mike and Mike on the way to work this morning an this topic came up. Their take, which made sense was this.

85 knew that all the media would be talking about and asking WHY didn't you get any balls thrown your way. Why aren't you involved more? Are you disgruntled at not getting the ball?

So Ocho sent out a tweet, that took all of a minute to type, praising the offense and Brady. To 'head off at the pass' any question that he was unhappy. He was trying to do the right thing and stay positive for crying out loud.

You guys get upset with WR's who complain about the offense, now you're gettin upset when they are positive about the offense even when they don't get any targets.

My God, this is the perfect example of "Damn'd if you do, and damn'd if you don't" . :shocking:

It is called an identity, a culture. Not better. It facilitates bringing new people into the mix and getting them up to speed with the rest of the team quickly. Apparently, you just don't get it.

Why are you telling me what 'it' 'is ? You guys stole it from the "Carolina Way". Tar Heel fans (and the media) have been saying that about the basketball program since Tom Brady was in diapers. :rolleyes:

Don't act like you made up that mantra and start telling people what it means. :thumbsdown:

No, other people have him on their teams but they will find out quickly that he is a fantasy-has been. The dood had some solid seasons in Cinncy but that seems like it was a loooooong time ago. New England also happens to have about 268 different people who can catch and will be targets on game day so that furthers Ochos worthlessness. Sure, hell have a few big games here and there but good luck picking which weeks that'll be. I wouldnt expect much from him.

For those that havn't read. This was 85's tweet yesterday:

Just waking up after a late arrival, I've never seen a machine operate like that n person, to see video game numbers put up n person was WOW.

That's it, that's all he said.

Now this was Brusci's reaction (if you listen to the audio he's almost yelling and fired up, too):

"Drop the awe factor, OK, Ocho, Chad, drop the awe factor," Bruschi began. "You're not a fan, all right? You're not someone who's on another team or watching TV. You're not an analyst. You're a part of it. They want you to be a part of it. So get with the program because obviously you're not getting it and you're tweeting because you're saying, 'It's amazing to see'? It's amazing to see because you don't understand it! You still don't understand it and it's amazing to you because you can't get it.

"Stop tweeting and get in your playbook," Bruschi raged. "Wake up! If you're just waking up now - I don't know when this was, six minutes ago? - get out your bed and get to the stadium and watch some film if you still think its amazing. If you're in it and you know what you're doing and you execute out there you don't think it's amazing. You know why? Because it's what you're supposed to do. All of a sudden it's second nature. 'I know i was supposed do that, yes I went 99 yards, I threw for 517 you know why? Because we're that good and that's what we're supposed to do and that's what I thought we were gonna do.' You are still in awe to be a member of the New England Patriots offense. Join the system, buddy. "

After a pause, Bruschi launched back in, saying, "They need him to be a part of that jaw-dropping offense." Addressing his remarks to Ochocinco who, no doubt will hear about them, Bruschi said, "Close your mouth. Put your hand under your chin and close your jaw. Then open your eyes and watch some film. That's what you need to do. If you're still in awe that means you don't get it because you don't understand it."

Pretty over the top for such a benign comment. Brusci needs to lay off the juice and stop trying to read peoples minds.

It's been awhile since I have sided with KSB, but there is literally nothing controversial about that OchoCinco tweet. It's 100% positive. The fact that a single person in the world is taking it negatively is shocking to me and reveals a predetermined bias towards anything the guy could possibly do.

Patriots QB Tom Brady went to the defense of WR Chad Ochocinco on his weekly radio appearance with WEEI on Wednesday after Ochocinco had a less-than-stellar New England debut in Week 1 against Miami. "Chad from the day that he’s got here he’s worked really hard to be a part of this offense, but I know that we’re counting on him to be a huge contributor, and he expects that too," Brady said. "He expects to be out there making plays. When I'm out there in the huddle with him he’s very excited about being out there and making catches and doing the right thing and being in the right spot. He’s definitely done that over the course of training camp, so anyone that’s been at training camp knows that he’s been a part of what we’re trying to do since the day we got him so I’m excited for him, I’m excited for our offense."

85 played with Bengals his whole career, almost with the same QB the whole time. He went to a whole different team and system in a shortened, locked out offseason. A learning curve is not out of the question. Ochocinco has been positive and saying all the right things. Tom Brady has been positive and saying all the right things.

The only knucklehead speaking out of turn in this equation is Teddy Bruschi.

I missed the actual interview on The Opening Drive on NFL Radio this morning, but Schein and Gannon had just had someone on with inside knowledge of the situation in Cincinnati. As I understood their recounting of the interview, the guest said that a big part of the reason Palmer drew the line in the sand in Cincy was because he didn't want to play with Chad anymore. Did anybody hear the whole thing?

85 played with Bengals his whole career, almost with the same QB the whole time. He went to a whole different team and system in a shortened, locked out offseason. A learning curve is not out of the question. Ochocinco has been positive and saying all the right things. Tom Brady has been positive and saying all the right things.

I think that if you listen to the Brady interview (and those from the recent past), Tom is saying all of the right things, but he is hesitating an awful lot and measuring his words.

If you get a chance, you might want to watch the NFL Films special on Belichick tomorrow night. There is some foreshadowing on what Belichick did not like about Moss. I think that Bill might not like the tweeting thing with Chad.

I missed the actual interview on The Opening Drive on NFL Radio this morning, but Schein and Gannon had just had someone on with inside knowledge of the situation in Cincinnati. As I understood their recounting of the interview, the guest said that a big part of the reason Palmer drew the line in the sand in Cincy was because he didn't want to play with Chad anymore. Did anybody hear the whole thing?

I hadn't heard that. But, that leaves the obvious, glaring question. Chad's not there and hasn't been since the lockout ended. So why didn't Carson come back then? :unsure:

Me thinks we are in rumor land.

85 is a good example of the difference between a player who can help your fantasy football team and a player who can help his own real football team. The upside for Ochocinco is he gets more comfortable with the playbook by the second half of the season and can contribute for the final push and playoffs. It's a complex playbook and no reasonable person should think that he will have it mastered 5 weeks into his tenure with the team. As a Pats fan, I'd be totally content with that upside. Based off of the Miami game, it's not like he's dead weight on a lot of snaps--the Pats basically played 2 TE, Welker + Branch all night. If that's his line at the end of November, we can revisit this topic. It's a totally different story if you're a fantasy owner looking at the box score the morning after and seeing 3 targets/1 catch. In this scenario, Ochocinco is a disaster for you, but that doesn't mean he's a disaster across the board. And, as I said earlier, drafting him in August was a mistake most people should have seen coming a mile away.

it's a mix of both here - Ocho does need to tone it down until he can do his job - not tweets, no living with a fan, no Prius parade, etc.

So Brucshi's right about that - he just didn't need to go all crazy over it.

And you know why he probably did? You know why it's out there now?

b/c WEEI Boston is getting killed by its new competitor - 98.5 The SportsHub.

EEI couldn't be happier that you me and three retards are posting about Brushi's rant - I guarantee it was a scripted/planned ratings stunt by EEI.

it's a mix of both here - Ocho does need to tone it down until he can do his job - not tweets, no living with a fan, no Prius parade, etc.

So Brucshi's right about that - he just didn't need to go all crazy over it.

And you know why he probably did? You know why it's out there now?

b/c WEEI Boston is getting killed by its new competitor - 98.5 The SportsHub.

EEI couldn't be happier that you me and three retards are posting about Brushi's rant - I guarantee it was a scripted/planned ratings stunt by EEI.

I don't think so. I was listening live at the time and the tweet literally came through right then. You could hear Bruschi reading it as there was steam coming out of his ears.

It may have been that Tedy was steaming about the penalty earlier in the day and was waiting to explode or he could have been told to hammer Ocho a little by someone else who was there that day.

The interesting thing that is not really brought up is that right after the rant, there was their weekly sit down with Belichick. Apparently, right after that was done, Bruschi and Belichick continued well after the show was off the air and were reminiscing and watching film together. Maybe Bill planted a seed with Tedy to light a fire under Ocho's ass.

It is also interesting to note that Chad has not tweeted (twatted?) at all since that last one and he was unavailable to the media in the locker room for the first time on a Wednesday since he has been in Foxboro. :dunno:

It's kind of interesting that the only guy who could have really pulled this off (Bruschi) is the guy who pulled it off (Bruschi). Brady sounded like he was reading bicycle assembly instructions by comparison. You can almost hear the Hoodie doing dictation into Bruschi's ear as he was tweeting.

I drafted him mid-6th round, making Ocho the 27th WR off the board. If he finishes 27th or better among WRs, it was a fair value pick. On NE's offense it seemed like a given, with potential for more.

I still think he'll finish at least 27th, but that potential for more is looking bleak.

I think with the way the Pats offense looked the other night, Ochocinco could still have a big year. Brady is throwing the ball all over the field and he is one of the most precise passers n the league. As someone mentioned before, Chad can run routes with the best of em and my best guess is once he learns the playbook and starts to gel with the offense, Tom is going to be looking his way quite a bit. Now I could be totally wrong here, but I could see it happening. I just offered A.J. Green for him in my league to see what happens.

As for Bruschi's comments, I completely agree with where he's coming from. The reason why the Pats are so damn good is because they've built a culture of certain behaviors on that football team. You buy into the system and you win, or you don't and you get the hell out. Talent is second to the system. All Bruschi is saying is that Ochocinco isn't contributing to the culture that has been build in New England and has proved to be successful. Randy Moss did. The fear is that Ochocinco cannot. This is why I believe that if he can get it through his thick skull to shut the hell up and play football, he could be great. It all hinges on his attitude and commitment to the team (shocker, huh?).

I don't own him but I bet Bellichek is loving all the smack talk in the media and it won't surprise me if he makes him a major part of the game this weekend. This is Bellichek and he loves throwin that stuff back in peeps faces. I'm just sayin.....